View Poll Results: What is your favourite season?
Spring 1 4.00%
Summer 3 12.00%
Fall 20 80.00%
Winter 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 09:03 AM   #1  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Default Favourite Season?

Up here in Wisconsin it feels that summer is winding down. I look forward to the change of seasons to fall - where it's a bit cooler. Does the change of season affect your diet? What is your favourite season?

Dana
Old 08-12-2003, 10:13 AM   #2  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Yes, it does. I want more comfort foods in the cold months, like chili & soups & stwes & casseroles. Veggies & fruits aren't as plentiful, so that makes it harder to stay on track. But I am determined to do it.

I like fall the best, the changing colors on the trees, PACKER SEASON. Being in Green Bay you can understand that. I am so sad about Gilbert Brown's injury I was almost in tears.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:39 AM   #3  

Fall is absolutely my favorite season! I prefer the cooler weather, the colors and my BUFFALO BILLS, who are going to kick some "bleep" (edited for adult language) this season.

I tend to lose weight much easier in the Fall. It's primarily because I am much more active. I spend the summer swimming and trying to stay cool. When I get comfortable in the Fall, I really start moving!
Old 08-12-2003, 11:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

i have no idea when i lose the best, but fall has always been my favorite season. not too cold, but nice and cool. pretty leaves, etc.
Old 08-12-2003, 01:02 PM   #5  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Fall - I love Fall. It's cooler, the leaves are beautiful...my time of year!
Old 08-12-2003, 01:14 PM   #6  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I love fall. And it does change my diet. I love to make chili and gumbo. When it's hot out I just don't feel like soup even with air conditioning inside it's just not the same.
Old 08-12-2003, 01:45 PM   #7  
missaprylj

Come on people!! Summer! Maybe it's just because I have it off I guess if I had to work year round, my favorite season would be fall too. I really don't care for "spring" (muck season) and winter up here.... they go on FOREVER. Are springs really nice in other places, lol? My parents named me after "the most beautiful season" so I hope when I move away I won't be disappointed! -Apryl

Old 08-12-2003, 04:52 PM   #8  
Searching

The truth is ever since I started walking at work instead of taking the truck around the plant there are things to appreciate in every season. I feel blessed sometimes that I live in the city, and work in a valley in the country.

Things I have learned.
I like to walk in the rain, a yellow rain slicker makes me feel happy.
A light snow fall can make ever surface glitter.
From the valley hills look beautiful whether snowcapped on a bright sunny day or when they first turn a lush green.
New cow and the height of the corn crops are measures of my own success.

Miss Chris
Old 08-12-2003, 05:09 PM   #9  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Well, in San Diego, there are hardly any season. So, I miss fall the most. Changing leaves and all. Palm trees really don't turn any beautiful colors.
Old 08-12-2003, 06:26 PM   #10  
Om shanti

It's funny just how much my feelings on this have changed with my weight-loss. I definitely likes Winter best before. Fall was nice too. As I lost weight, Spring suddenly became my favorite. And when I got close to goal, Summer sprang to the top of my list. It's the only time of year that I can walk outside to feel more comfortable!
Old 08-12-2003, 06:59 PM   #11  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I must say my weight probably plays a part in what season I like also. I love fall because of the leaves. I also love cooler and cold weather because I can where long sleve shirts to cover the flab. Plus I don't sweat as much. I hate how much I sweat in the summer.
Old 08-12-2003, 07:05 PM   #12  

I agree. I've hated summer for the last 10 years, but this year I've actually enjoyed the summer and am sorry to see it go. I've actually enjoyed taking the kids to the pool and the zoo and was even able to wear shorts.

I think though that spring and fall are still my favorites. The weather here in Kansas is beautiful during those times of the year, and we have gorgeous thunderstorms all spring to keep us on our toes.
Old 08-13-2003, 01:25 AM   #13  

I have to say, here in Arizona, we really only have two seasons...hot and really hot. Fall was always my favorite. I love the changing leaves and smells of fall. (I also love the stews and soups that I don't eat anymore, cuz it's just too darned hot in Arizona)
Old 08-14-2003, 01:24 PM   #14  
having Senior Moments

S/C/G: 265/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Winter for me. Based solely on the weather. "Fall" is still hot here. Winter is the only time I can stand to be outside. And Denise, as a fellow Zonie, this summer has created another season...waaaaaaaaaay too hot.
Old 08-14-2003, 01:58 PM   #15  
Crazy Canuck

I absolutely love autumn! I love the colours, I love the "long sleeve" weather, I love knowing the hockey and figure skating seasons have arrived and I'm so looking forward to it being nice and cool for when I do my hikes and long trail walks that have helped so much in this weight-loss journey. I hate the extreme heat and humidity of summer, the damp and chilly springs and as for winter....well, you just can't avoid it in the great white north so you have the accept it (and think of the calories burned in shovelling snow). I guess the only problem I have with fall is knowing winter's just around the corner.
Closed Thread