Old 07-05-2015, 10:54 PM   #1  
Tired Of Just Surviving

S/C/G: 315/272/215

Height: 5'7

Default This board is slow!! What are you all doing?

I can't help but notice how slow things are around here. Is everyone off busy doing summer things? AND staying healthy? Or are a lot of people struggling and not posting? Would love to hear what everyone is doing.

Me, I started the gallon challenge on Wednesday and I am happy to report today is day five and I have drank my gallon of water everyday so far. I also restarted my weight loss journey the same day. I have been overwhelmed and depressed since my husband passed away and I was not sure I was ready to start this journey again, but now I am positive that this is "MY" time.

How about you? What's up in your life?
SmallSteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 11:39 PM   #2  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

How awful and heartbreaking to lose your DH! Wishing your courage and strength.

Me...I'm poking about the forum and internet looking for inspiration. I've been down in the dumps ..so struggling...

Saw your water challenge...was thinking about joining up as extra water would do me good...but I'd fail on the first day...a gallon is a lot!

Last edited by SeeMyFeet; 10-23-2015 at 12:48 AM.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 11:42 PM   #3  
Tired Of Just Surviving

SeeMyFeet,

You should join. If you are trying you are never failing. Give it a shot!
Old 07-06-2015, 03:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 243/204/140

Height: 63"

Hi I'm so sorry to read about your DH SmallSteps, and hope your depression lifts as you get more active (good for endorphins).

I suffer from Bipolar disorder which can and does derail me. The last 3 years have been an upward trend of weight gain from 180lbs So I was gutted to reach 243lbs and daunted by the 100lb journey. I joined slimming world (UK weight loss group) on Tuesday and since have been feeling that this is keeping me motivated. Looking forward to tomorrows weigh in. I know it won't guarantee a smooth journey but it's support I needed as had been trying to lose for a couple of months on my own and failing.

The challenges here work really well for keeping you posting daily so that is generally where I hang out, but would be lovely to talk.

good luck to you both!
PurpleJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 299/263/150

Height: 5' 4"

Smallsteps, I'm so sorry for the loss of your husband. My mother passed away 6 months ago. The biggest thing I have learned is how individual the grief process is. Do what is best for you and take care of yourself.

For me, I feel like I'm spinning my wheels. Lose 5, gain 3. I really need to focus. I get bogged down with working full time, finishing grad school, and home life. We all have our issues to work around. In addition to working on me, I desperately need to declutter my house because it is driving me crazy. I'm trying to exercise more in preparation for a 5K in a few months also. I think I have to get myself on a daily routine and schedule time for exercise, school work, house work, meal planning, etc. I could accomplish at least one of those by getting up an hour earlier. Maybe if I try that I won't feel so overwhelmed.
gagirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 02:55 PM   #6  

I have been sitting around gaining weight feeling awful about myself...but today is day one of getting healthy. using the rest of this summer to look better by fall

So sorry about your husband smallsteps.I lost my mother in September of last year. Not one day goes by since her death that I don't think about her. We all need time to heal. hugs
Luvmymonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 05:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

Oh, I've been kind of off my program. Not horribly, but bad enough to make me a little disappointed in me. I'm back at it though today.

I went for a long walk in the park with the hubby, since it wasn't super hot. I've eaten pretty cleanly. And I'm working on my H2O intake. Hoping at the end of the day to have 3 checkmarks on my calendar. (I have 3 different colored checkmarks I can earn in a day: one for exercise/one for healthy eating/one for staying hydrated) In a couple of months I'll add a fourth checkmark for strength/stretching.

I got off track because of 2 things...holiday & stress from trying to get everything figured out paperwork wise with our new home. UGH! It seems like a dragged out nightmare at times. But it will be soooo worth it!! I'll have my own exercise/hobby room!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:04 AM   #8  

I went to a new doctor yesterday, not because anything is wrong, just to establish care. I knew before I went that she would tell me I am healthy and that I just need to lose weight. Yep, I was right on it. She suggested a low carb diet, which has always worked best for me anyway, and cardio. Gotta get to it; doctor's orders!
Old 07-07-2015, 11:41 AM   #9  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Yeah, it has been kind of slow on here. I had a few computer issues that kept me away. But it has been more of a struggle lately. My scale isn't my friend right now.

Exercise has been great, and I love my workouts and running. Food plan is not as much fun. I've been doing really well for so many months, and I'm trying not to lose focus.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 04:52 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagirl1 View Post
I went to a new doctor yesterday, not because anything is wrong, just to establish care. I knew before I went that she would tell me I am healthy and that I just need to lose weight. Yep, I was right on it. She suggested a low carb diet, which has always worked best for me anyway, and cardio. Gotta get to it; doctor's orders!
Don't ya just love it when the doctor gives you the stink eye & tells you "lose weight"? My doctor, who I love dearly & credit him with saving my life last fall, is morbidly obese. So when he told me to "lose weight" I almost wanted to repeat it back to him!

Instead I decided right then & there to drop 20+ pounds by mid-November when I go in for a follow up! That'll show him! I'm just eating healthier, exercising more & staying hydrated. I wish you well!!! Keep us posted & we'll help motivate you on your journey!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 05:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 243/204/140

Height: 63"

Hi all, really thrilled to have weighed in at slimming world (weight loss group in the UK) at the end of my first week and I'm 5.5lb down! differs from my home scales and brings me into the next stone down bracket which was a hope I had.

Staying on track and hoping to add more to it next week to get a 7lb award.
PurpleJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 06:13 PM   #12  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

I'm gestating

I have a little boy coming in October. I'll be back in January!
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 08:56 AM   #13  

MrsTryAgain I worked for a doctor many years ago who is the same age as me. He had never been small but gained a good amount of weight. He went on a diet and started exercising a lost a lot of weight for the reason you stated. He said he didn't feel like he could tell a patient they needed to lose weight if he wasn't setting a good example himself.
Old 07-11-2015, 12:48 AM   #14  
Tired Of Just Surviving

Thanks ladies for the condolences. He was my world and you would have never convinced me I would survive without him. Here I am 6 months later moving forward and still missing him everyday, but knowing he would want me to "survive" live my life to the fullest and be healthy and happy.

I am now working to undo all the damage I have done to myself while grieving. I wish it came off and fast as it goes on.
Old 07-13-2015, 05:29 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

I'm so sorry for your loss as well. How heartbreaking. Your strength is impressive and your determination to take care of you is wonderful, because as you said, he would want you to do that.

I am just lurking. I rarely post anymore but I read to see what folks are up to.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote