Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 11:16 AM   #16  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Worked out @ the gym again last night; he wants me to do 3 circuits, but I only did 2. I didn't want to kill myself after how sore I was from just the one circuit on Monday. There are a lot of boys @ this gym. It's the YWCA, the whole reason I joined there is to not have to work out in a room full of grunting gorillas. My friend explained to me that boys are cheap & that gym is only $35/month which is why they are all there. So now after hearing about the cute gorillas, she wants to join, and will be working out w/me on Saturday. (Her divorce became final yesterday, yayyyyy!!)

Today we decorated Brandi's office for her birthday. When we ran out of balloons, I went & stole a bag from our warehouse. When we ran out of helium, we blew up the balloons using our own hot air. Now I am light headed & have a slight headache. My mouth tastes like latex and my fingers are sore & stinky b/c apparently I am the only one in this office who knows how to tie a balloon.

We're having a Mexican lunch, but I've planned for it, have a veggie dinner waiting for me @ home.
Old 08-15-2003, 06:17 PM   #17  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

SPF - Hmmmm, that sounds kinky, "I spent the whole day blowing and my mouth tastes like latex and my fingers are sore..." LOL!

I've been under the doom doom doom clouds of depression lately. The Cute Boyfriend and I have been mildly fighting. Nothing serious just the "too familiar" fights, "You know I hate it when you leave your underwear on the lampshade," or "when the last time YOU saw the bottom of the kitchen sink?" Makes me feel like an old married woman. Grrrr. I think a bit of it is the psychological stress of me going back to school this semester. We've had the whole summer to ourselves and now we're only going to see eachother on the weekends. I mean, sure we live with eachother but watching him sleep is not quality time. He keeps saying, "It's only until December 20th." But I'll miss him and I know it.

Eating... my god I can't stop. And it's been making me even MORE depressed. Yesterday, I crawled into bed and stared at my white-never-seen-the-sun belly and felt it's opressive weight on me. I feel sooo fat. Sigh.

On the bright side, with my yoga classes three days a week and absolutely no time to eat between school work and homework, I'm trying to plan a good eating plan-o-action. I bought a cooler for my lunches and a grocery list. Go me.
Old 08-15-2003, 06:37 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

i liked that you had that bright side, jess. i'd love to see you making some progress and i think that those yoga classes are gonna do it!!
Old 08-15-2003, 06:44 PM   #19  

Thanks Holly, you've been a big part of the inspiration. Even if I am a bit jealous that your hard work has paid off (imagine that!). Keep pushing me along. Don't give up on me!!
Old 08-18-2003, 12:18 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally posted by Goddess Jessica
SPF - Hmmmm, that sounds kinky, "I spent the whole day blowing and my mouth tastes like latex and my fingers are sore..." LOL!
Hey, how did you know it was also DB's birthday this weekend? hahahahahaha
Old 08-18-2003, 02:24 PM   #21  

Oh you are soooo naughty!!!
Old 08-18-2003, 07:12 PM   #22  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Spent the afternoon walking and shopping in Harper's Ferry, WV with Hunter and Gem. http://www.nps.gov/hafe/home.htm

We stopped at a Cracker Barrel restaurant on the way there. I had chicken and dumplings, but I ate the chicken pieces (two tiny ones) out and only ate a few dumplings. It wasn't good enough to eat the whole thing. I shoulda gone with the roasted chicken and gotten more protein for my money. The turnip greens and carrots were good, though.

Once we were in Harper's Ferry proper, we had lots of walking up and down hills and steps, pushing the stroller. We did some shopping, and I splurged and got a root beer float. Then we went down by the river and let Gem out of her stroller to walk the paths to Virginius Island. By the time we loaded up the car and got back on the highway, Gem was asleep.

Personal note: While we were walking by the river, Gem was showing us how she could "run." (at 2 and a half, it's more like a duck's waddle, but she's proud of it) Hunter would run a few seconds ahead, then Gem would run after him, giggling all the way. They did this a couple times, then she started saying "Momma run! Momma run!" Well, I haven't gone beyond a walk in over ten years, but for my baby I broke into a jog. That was good enough for her! She and I played the "run and catch" game for a few minutes. And this fat body was able to jog for a few seconds at a time. Surprised me to pieces. /grin

Then when we got home, we put on our swimming suits and played in the pool. She and I do a dancing, jumping game in the pool, where I hold her by the arms and dance/jump around in a circle while singing the Hokey Pokey. She thinks it's GREAT, and keeps saying, "Ghin, Momma?! Ghin!" (ghin = "again" in Gem-speak).

So I had really fun exercise today. And we had a great time.
Old 08-18-2003, 10:13 PM   #23  

Isnt it amazing what you find you can do that you didnt think you could?? I have ran alot more with the kids and a major thing this weekend was i had my neice here and i went to show her how to do a split thinking i could only go a little ways and i went ALL THE WAY TO THE FLOOR!!! It was stretching when i hit the floor but i was soooo amazed! i guess all the leg stretches i have done are doing something!
Old 08-18-2003, 11:03 PM   #24  

YAYYYYYYY!!!!! Go Julie!!! I am so proud of you!!!!
Old 08-19-2003, 08:35 AM   #25  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Wow, Julie! How exciting! I can't imagine doing the splits. But I AM doing much more stretching than I have since... well.. since PE in middle school, I think. /grin

Eventually I may be able to join you on the floor.
Old 08-19-2003, 12:42 PM   #26  

Julie, I may join you on the floor one day but you'll have to help me get back up! Congrats! Very cool!
Old 08-19-2003, 02:49 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

cooking class was funny. the highlight was when david told me to shake the pan harder, the lid fell off, and popcorn started shooting out everywhere. the teacher cracked up, and i laughed so hard i hurt (especially with those sore tummy muscles!)

looks like we'll learn a LOT, including stuff about spices and veggies and i can learn healthy things. woo!

the teacher is pretty famous and stuff. her site talks about all her books (14 of them!) including one on salt and pepper and one on BLTs. only. all BLT. crazy. and she's building a 100ft BLT in a few weeks. even more crazy.

all in all, a success!

wish me luck on my weigh in tomorrow....

(p.s. i can ALMOST do the splits. it's a goal of mine i had forgottom about! congrats julie... and you've re-inspired me!)
Old 08-19-2003, 02:49 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 320/210/180

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Hello all,

I made a big decision this last week. I am going back to school. I am going to get my Bachelors in Accounting. I found out yesterday I don't need to retake alot of classes. I have all the generals out of the way but 2 and I have 20 credits from the Accounting field taken. I am taking 1 class this semester and next semester I will take 1 or 2 I am not sure yet. Talking to the lady I am half way there. I can take 2 classes this semester if the Financial aid comes in but I won't really know for awhile.

In the other front of my life the new BF and I are doing great. it will be 2 months tomorrow and still going good. We sat down this last week and had a long talk. He put me on the spot though and asked me what I like about him. Wow that was an eye opener. After I answered it I told him it's his turn and turned the question around on him. I think this guy is a keeper and he told me the same thing to me. He sat down and talked to my little guy Sunday after he came back from his grandma's house and told him he didn't want to take the place of his daddy. My little guy really looks up to him. I think of the country song about the little guy and the mom and a stepdad. I hate to say this but I foresee a wedding in the future between the two of us. He also feels the same way. I am scared because things have moved so fast and my ex is still being a jerk but I am so comfortable with Richard (BF). well I guess I should get going. Take care all.
Old 08-20-2003, 02:48 AM   #29  
Catwoman

Wow That's great Tamara, as hard as breaking up with the ex was there is always a new beggining. Takes things easy and don't rush into anything but it sure looks like you've finially found your happiness you so deserve.
Great your going back to school as well. I am so happy you've finially turned the corner and have bright happys days once again
Old 08-21-2003, 01:02 PM   #30  

We've discussed this phenomenon quite a bit here, but I'm having one of those days of thinking, "Hey, wait a minute: I'm still FAT." I should be focusing on how far I've come.

I swing like a pendulum. I think, "wow these jeans are so loose - they look like clown pants! I'm so skinny!" or "I've lost quite a bit of weight and darn it I'm still fat."

Is there somewhere in the middle that I could live?
Closed Thread