taking a dip

• Hi everyone!

I would love to join your group. This is my first step. I've been losing and gaining for about 22 years. My most recent success was 20lbs last year, but alas, I gained it back this year. Due to a female condition-dysplasia, I'm getting biopsied every 3 months. I'm on hormones to correct the condition. It's causing water retention in my bod and brain. I feel like my life is suspended in mid air until I get a clean bill of health. On the bright side, I feel regulated and can do any form of exercise unlike before. Due to the hormones or my state of mind, I'm having a hard time this round. Help!!! Please shine some light on this sorry old soul.

Need inspiration,

Carla
  • Hi Carla!
    Welcome! First of all, let me congratulate you on jumping in! I have some health problems too. It can be hard enough to lose weight without meds and hormones working against us - it's so frustrating!

You're in the right place! This is a very supportive group of friends - post often and ask lots of questions. That's how I've gotten the most out of the forum.

You can do this!
  • Welcome, Carla! Working on a healthy lifestyle when you have chronic other health problems can be a terrible frustration. But post here often, and we'll try to help you get through the frustration and on to other things. We're glad you're here.
  • Welcome to our neck of the net. Journaling has helped me cope w/health problems. Glad to have you here.
  • Welcome!!
  • Thank you for the welcome. First day didn't go smoothly, we were celebrating birthdays at work. Did eat a healthy turkey sandwich though.

I've logged my day's intake, good suggestion. There's no reason I have to start over after eating junk food. Drink lots of water and get back on track.

Day2
    Carla
  • Welcome and sorry to hear about your health problems.