Old 05-05-2015, 12:53 PM   #1  
Looking To Be Curvy & Fit

S/C/G: 212/210/130

Height: 5 Ft 3 in

Default Arm workouts/tips to prevent saggy arms (arm skin) during major weight loss?

I'm starting a 100-90 lb weight loss journey and my arms are my major problem.

I know you can't spot reduce or workout but I've saw many major weightloss pics of people where they've lost 100 lbs or so and their arms are either RIPPED and TONED or have a lot of extra skin.

If any of you have got a skin care product, routine or certain muscles you worked out that helped you prevent this saggy skin I'd really appreciate the help. Im so self conscience about my arms and i almost feel like I would rather not loose the weight so my arms arent saggy. I know that sounds crazy but I'd really appreciate the help.

I'm dieting and exercising of course as well I'm just looking for tips additional to cardio and clean eating. Thanks in advance
LaAbejaReina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 01:05 PM   #2  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

If you're young, you most likely don't have to worry about it. If you're older, it's a crap shoot. Some people swear by products but it's really genetics, age, and TIME!

If you lose weight quickly, you'll probably get some noticeable loose skin, but over time (about two years) it should firm up about as much as it's going to. If you lose weight more slowly, your skin has a little more time to catch up as your weight goes down. Either way, at the end of the day you can always build some muscle to "fill in" your arms bit. Though I'd recommend that anyway because who doesn't want arm muscles?

Last edited by nonameslob; 05-05-2015 at 01:05 PM.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 03:05 PM   #3  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Yep, I got toned. Working on ripped.

I would not worry about it. Exercise (weight train) and hope for the best.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:52 PM   #4  
Looking To Be Curvy & Fit

S/C/G: 212/210/130

Height: 5 Ft 3 in

Thanks for the advice guys!
LaAbejaReina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 07:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: S/C/G 290/Ticker/150

Height: 5'7

I think everyone that's losing weight worries about this. I don't know any secret tips or tricks to help, but I would say don't worry about it too much or let the fear of loose skin be something that stops you from losing weight.
ASaladandaDream is offline   Reply With Quote