Old 04-06-2015, 11:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 212/206/142

Height: 5'5"

Default Recommitting to a healthy life...need support

Hello...I was once a member of this website several years ago and lost 70lbs with lots of hard work.

The years have gone by and slowly I gained most of the weight back...65 lbs of it. I guess I just lost sight of my goals and stressful events lead to emotional eating again.

Its very depressing to be back in this place that I swore I would never be in again. I'm embarrassed. I want so badly to feel strong and healthy like I used to.

So now I am back hoping for the same support that helped me lose weight before.
cdn carebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 291/249/180

Height: 5'5"

You are in the right spot. And I have faith that you can get it done again. We are here!
JsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 07:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Hi there,

I can totally relate because I did the same thing. Only I gained an extra 10 on top of the 70.

You are in exactly the right place. The support here is fantastic. In fact, there is a regainers thread in this forum.

Try not to dwell to much on the past. You're here now ready to get to work. A year from now you could be right back to where you were.

Good luck!!
Streudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 09:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 262.6/ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Hello! I completely understand how you feel! I lost 40 pounds and gained it all back +20. I was so embarrassed and upset with myself. I didn't want to see anyone or go anywhere. I struggle with binge/over eating and the harder I was on myself, the worse my eating would get. I am here to get help too. To stay motivated and loseweight in a healthy way. I hope you can force yourself to just keep moving forward. The past is the past. I keep having to remind myself to keep moving forward and make myself healthy for the future!
AudreyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 07:21 PM   #5  
Reluctant Runner

S/C/G: 255/229/150

Height: 5'7"

You sound like me!! I was a member here a few years ago, lost 60 pounds, then gained back 70.

It can get pretty depressing - There's nothing like looking at those photos of yourself from when you were at your lowest weight that you worked so hard to achieve, knowing that you're back where you started.

BUT...

The way I see it, we've done it before so doing it the second time around should be even easier. There's no more doubt that we'll be able to accomplish it... we know we can because we have before!

Welcome back and GOOD LUCK! We got this.
VegTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 10:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 294.4/204.4/170

You came back to the right spot! I lost 90lbs, gained back all that and an additional 30! But I'm getting it back off again...and for good. It was a nice dose of reality! Definitely showed myself what happens when you lose total focus and eat your emotions...good and bad emotions!
lookin2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 02:37 PM   #7  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

To all of the re-gainers I wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey, All of you can do it again because you did it before.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Welcome back! Like others here, I also lost weight (about 55 pounds) and gained it back plus some. I wish you the best of luck!
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 12:13 AM   #9  

Welcome back you can do this again. You got it. I am the same I also lost 50 lbs about 5 yrs ago and I am now back trying to loose them again
Campana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:46 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 299/159/129

Height: 5'1

Welcome back, like many others , been there, done that. Lost 72 pds, regained that plus 29 extra. It was also emtional stuff that had me regaining. I never dealt with it , also I counted calories last time and included items that had sneaky sugar in them. This time before I even started the food part, I used tapping ( or emotional freedom technique )and a few other things to address emotional eating. It's been 7+ months, 85 pds down, a hubby cancer scare, son arressted for 4th dui, beloved elderly pet life threating stuff and yet, I've now found coping skills to get me thru and have yet to go off my eating plan- a for life healthy one. If I can - so can you. Let me know if you want to " talk". We will all be here for you.
FairyGaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 11:00 PM   #11  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

I know how you feel! Finally, after 33 years overweight, and some 15+ years telling myself I'd lose weight, last year I started an amazing journey. As luck would have it, I got pregnant (my husband and I wanted to get pregnant but I didn't imagine it would be that soon... anyhow). I had lost 40 lobs in the four months I had been having a healthy lifestyle but I regained most of it in the second half of the pregnancy. Mostly due to emotional eating. I cannot even say it was the pregnancy. And here I am, struggling to regain that self control that made me thrive last year and feel so good about myself, about my life, and about my body. It's a struggle, and I've felt in the dumps after regaining all this weight but feeling depressed isn't going to get me back where I was last year. I have to be positive and upbeat, and love this process no matter how hard it is, because the results are SO SWEET!
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote