Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 09:37 AM   #76  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 286.8/198.8/150ish

Height: 5'6"

I'm really tired, and I had a horrible night's sleep. The only good thing is I only had about half me food calories yesterday. I ate, but no snacks, and really low calorie meals.
Old 03-09-2015, 01:54 PM   #77  
Black Barbie

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Ok I am back and ready to complete the rest of my goals in my ticker. It's been a crazy past few months but I will try to stick around this time

Current weight: 165.75. Ticker says I met my 3rd goal but not quite. I still need to lose 0.75 lbs lol. The summer is FAST approaching!!!
Old 03-09-2015, 02:41 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

akelly - Girl, you give me way too much credit. I let a lot slide by, but I'm starting to figure out that I need to focus on myself and need to get healthy if I'm going to stick around for a while. Glad you're starting to feel better, and I agree don't push the running until the cough is gone. You'll be one step forward, two steps back. Listen to your body, and go when it's ready.

imthegoddess - I hear you on the need to buckle down. I'm with you there. Feel better soon

Olivia - nice to see you! Welcome back.

Martine - you're absolutely right. And the destination wouldn't be as rewarding without the struggle.

Mollysmojo - Well at least you've got lunch packed, so there's a small win. Get right back on track.

i am powerful - How do you count your steps? Do you have a fitbit?

Rennie - hey girl! Where are your journals? Are you still writing in them? Go back to them and remember what you used to eat when you were doing well. And then try to modify them to accommodate your work schedule. I hear you on spending time with the kids. I've just got the one and I feel like I don't spend enough time with him sometimes. I keep telling myself that I need to get healthy so I can enjoy the time I spend with him and do meaningful things.

to everyone I may have missed. Enjoy the rest of the day and the extra hour of sunlight!
Old 03-10-2015, 02:26 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 278/269/165

Height: 5'9"

Molly hiking is such a fun awesome workout. Jealous. Eating out is soooo hard even if when I've done research and know what I "should" eat. Tastebuds win 9 out of 10. Good luck with the week.
Kukkie love your attitude. That's a healthy person mindset. Oh yeah, I enjoyed some yummy meals and now I'll resume my normal eating pattern. My worst bouts of overeating come after frustration over a meal or snack that ruin my "perfect" eating. If there is such a thing.
Yes, I do the fitbit and I love it. It helps me feel like I'm working out with others because of the competitions on the app. Also, when I can't hit the gym or am running errands I can look and see Ooooh that amount of steps = 30 min on an elliptical. I feel so way more productive with it.
Cakegirlbummer you've got some redo lbs, but your still doing fab.
Martine another workout!!! Your become a regular! Yay!
Goddess hope you feel better

Almost lost control today. My toddler had a bag of animal crackers and ooooh I wanted some, but I was afraid if I started I wouldn't be able to stop. I looked at the nutrition guide, grabbed a serving and ate. Yummers! Then it happened, my serving size was gone and I wanted more...I stared at it. I touched the bag once or twice "nononononono don't do it" Crap, I knew it. I was gonna blow it. Then I started repeating a little weight loss saying that I made up. I said that thing over and over the whole rest of the drive home while eyeing the bag. I made it home and got me a healthy lunch, the tummy beast satisfied. I can't remember the last time an incident like that didn't turn into a day long (or two) disaster.

March 2015 Daily's Weight 256
1. 15,000 steps Cal under 1500
2. Bombed
3. Vacation
4. Vacation
5. 8,521 steps 40min pool Cal under 1500
6. 6,143 steps sick bed early Cal under 1500
7. 9,487 steps 1hr pool cal under 1500
3/8/15 W= 249.8 *6.2 down
8. 20,000 steps ---no count one meal day[/QUOTE]
9. 11,500 steps, 1hr lap swim, cal under 1500
Old 03-10-2015, 07:31 AM   #80  
Black Barbie

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

I am powerful - you should be so proud! What a way to beat that beast within. I smiled reading your post because I've had countless times where I've had to pull tricks out of the bag to keep from eating something lol. Good for you!

Down a pound today - 164.75. Gonna hit the treadmill this morning and walk a bit.

Have a great day all!
Old 03-10-2015, 08:16 AM   #81  
Down the rabbit hole...

S/C/G: 268/ticker/175

Sw 255
Gw 245

1. 255.6
2. 255.0
3. 255.6
4. 255.2
5. 254.6
6. 253.6
7. 253.6
8. 255.2 (cheated yesterday...badly, today=taking back control)
9. 254.2
10. 253.8
Old 03-10-2015, 09:22 AM   #82  
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am powerful View Post
Almost lost control today. My toddler had a bag of animal crackers and ooooh I wanted some, but I was afraid if I started I wouldn't be able to stop. I looked at the nutrition guide, grabbed a serving and ate. Yummers! Then it happened, my serving size was gone and I wanted more...I stared at it. I touched the bag once or twice "nononononono don't do it" Crap, I knew it. I was gonna blow it. Then I started repeating a little weight loss saying that I made up. I said that thing over and over the whole rest of the drive home while eyeing the bag. I made it home and got me a healthy lunch, the tummy beast satisfied. I can't remember the last time an incident like that didn't turn into a day long (or two) disaster.
Great job resisting the animal cookies. Small victories like that feel so good and add up.

CakeGirl75, I love your mini goals. Keep up the great work.

One of the features I really like about the jawbone is the sleep monitoring. I have two cats who sleep with us, so I wake several times throughout the night. Last night was my best night's sleep since I've been tracking. I actually slept 7 whole hours. It took me 58 minutes to fall asleep, I woke 4 times, and I was awake 1 hour and 44 minutes. Yesterday, I only slept 4 hours and 14 minutes.

Yesterday, I had 7391 steps, and I was way under my calorie goal. I know that can hurt if I make a habit out of it. I ate my breakfast, then never got around to my morning snack. I had a salad with salmon for lunch, and then I needed to make something for dinner for the kids, do I made taco meat with organic beef and bison. I didn't want to overdo it so I had taco meat on a bed of mixed greens with organic shredded cheese, two tablespoons organic sour cheese, and organic salsa. My version of a burrito bowl. It was satisfying and 432 calories. I only got in 971 calories, and I was suppose to have 1230. I was thinking about having a couple girl scout cookies, but I decided I went over my calorie goal Saturday, so yesterday helped balance that out. That's what it is really all about right?

Oh, and two of my co-workers, who are really gossipy and not really all that nice noticed my weight loss and said something about it yesterday. I can only imagine what they said when I left their office. They didn't ask what I was doing, and I didn't offer. I just said thank you when one said I looked much thinner. They are the kind who would be hoping I fail so they could feel superior.

Last edited by imthegoddess; 03-10-2015 at 09:23 AM.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:40 AM   #83  

Didn't weigh in this morning. Peanut was up half the night with a horrible cough and that was causing him to throw up. Ugh. Kept him home from daycare this morning with the intention of semi- working from home (read: when and where I can). Lucky for me, this was a no-meeting day, just a day needed to catch up on actual work, not happening. To top it all off, the water pump in our building broke or something in the night and we have no water this morning. Again, lucky for us we had a few bottles of water leftover from a party we had a while back. They say the water should be back by 11am, so about 1.5 hours from now. I'm kind of wishing Peanut had gone to daycare because he seems to be bloody well fine now and driving me bonkers. Sigh, mommy life. The good news is that I have food ready at home, and hot yoga is on the plan for tonight. Fingers crossed.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:39 PM   #84  
Gizmo

I am powerful way to go on not giving in to temptation! I can totally relate. Darn those snacks in a bag.

I'm dreading the next two days, as I will be away for work and therfore will not be able to be on plan or exercise. I hope I can find some healthy options and not ruin all the hard work I've been putting in since the beginning of the month .

Had two of my employees mention that it shows that I'm losing weight. I don't see it yet but it's encouraging to hear.

08: 246.0
09: 244.4
10: 244.4
Old 03-11-2015, 06:31 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 268/246/159

Height: 5ft7in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivia7906 View Post
Ok I am back and ready to complete the rest of my goals in my ticker. It's been a crazy past few months but I will try to stick around this time
Glad you are back at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am powerful View Post
Then I started repeating a little weight loss saying that I made up. I said that thing over and over the whole rest of the drive home while eyeing the bag. I made it home and got me a healthy lunch, the tummy beast satisfied. I can't remember the last time an incident like that didn't turn into a day long (or two) disaster.
Victorious!! congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthegoddess View Post

One of the features I really like about the jawbone is the sleep monitoring. I have two cats who sleep with us, so I wake several times throughout the night. Last night was my best night's sleep since I've been tracking. I actually slept 7 whole hours. It took me 58 minutes to fall asleep, I woke 4 times, and I was awake 1 hour and 44 minutes. Yesterday, I only slept 4 hours and 14 minutes.

Oh, and two of my co-workers, who are really gossipy and not really all that nice noticed my weight loss and said something about it yesterday. I can only imagine what they said when I left their office. They didn't ask what I was doing, and I didn't offer. I just said thank you when one said I looked much thinner. They are the kind who would be hoping I fail so they could feel superior.
I don't know how to track sleep with my fitbit. I am interested to know if you end up changing things to improve your sleep as a direct result of tracking.

Toxic people are everywhere, but you will succeed--you are goddess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukkie84 View Post
Didn't weigh in this morning. Peanut was up half the night with a horrible cough and that was causing him to throw up. Ugh. Kept him home from daycare this morning . I'm kind of wishing Peanut had gone to daycare because he seems to be bloody well fine now and driving me bonkers..
(smiling) One day you will hear a young woman saying this and you will be smiling too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martine View Post

I'm dreading the next two days, as I will be away for work and therfore will not be able to be on plan or exercise. I hope I can find some healthy options and not ruin all the hard work I've been putting in since the beginning of the month.
Here's to making good food choices and finding ways to move your body and pump up your heartbeat!
Old 03-11-2015, 06:40 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 268/246/159

Height: 5ft7in

Had a light bulb go off this morning while reading/answering these posts. The last 2 days it has been a deluge of rain when I got home and had to swim from my car to the house.
I promptly change into warm and dry and get comfy cozy. Comfy cozy equals a nice hot bowl of baked veggies re-heated. And a side of grilled cheese sandwich.Cheese is the devil in my house I am not even sure why it is even in the fridge.

My idea/decision is that my new comfy cozy will be yoga pants and bike shorts. After work, deluge or no, I am going to buy bike shorts. And maybe another pair of yoga pants.

Have a great day everyone.
Thank you,
~Molly

Last edited by MollysMojo; 03-11-2015 at 06:41 AM.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:12 AM   #87  
Down the rabbit hole...

S/C/G: 268/ticker/175

SW 255
GW 245

Today down to 252.8!

Since starting my carb cycling plan I have been dedicated to drinking the 1 gallon of water a day(well almost a gallon, I am usually about 16oz shy of that mark)...although I feel like I am drinking water from the moment I wake up until the moment I go to bed, it is doing great things inside my body and I can see a difference in my skin. I always thought that I was drinking enough water on a daily basis but I guess I was way off.

Hope you are all having a wonderful week...it is going to be in the 80's here this week so plenty of sunshine and beach visits! I hope Spring shows up really soon for those of you living in the cold.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:50 AM   #88  

Quote:
(smiling) One day you will hear a young woman saying this and you will be smiling too.
I don't doubt this. I'm smiling just thinking about it...lol.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:52 AM   #89  

Weighed in this morning at 196.4. Can't remember what my last weigh in was, but it was somewhere between 198.1 and 200.1 - I saw a range of those numbers Saturday through Monday, so it's down and that's what matters.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:29 AM   #90  
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukkie84 View Post
Weighed in this morning at 196.4. Can't remember what my last weigh in was, but it was somewhere between 198.1 and 200.1 - I saw a range of those numbers Saturday through Monday, so it's down and that's what matters.
whoot whoot!
Closed Thread