Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 10:07 PM   #46  
Gizmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
Martine bless your heart I remember working long hours like that. Is that the norm for you?
It is not the norm, but as I am back from vacation this week, I'm having to catch up on a ton of work, on top of having to train a new assistant-manager in from out of town for this week only. Tomorrow will be another really long day...The good news though is that I have been eating healthy 100% of the time this week and feeling really good about it.

akelly728, I totally get what you're saying about how a small part of you likes the feeling of feeling sore after working out. There's a definite sense of accomplishment that lasts through the pain.

01: 245.2
02: 245.4
03: 246.2
04: 245.8
05:
06:
07:
Old 03-05-2015, 01:06 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 278/269/165

Height: 5'9"

y'all are doing great at staying positive. Finding the good in the bad. It reminds me of the quote. Life by the inch is a cinch, life by the yard is hard. Every little good that you can find, every little success we can celebrate is what will get us to the finish line. Livin by the inch.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:15 AM   #48  
Down the rabbit hole...

S/C/G: 268/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Red face

Thanks love2b150 I am trying to keep my carbs in check on my high carb days...happy to report a loss for today! Committing to the carb cycling plan for a full month, I figure that is plenty of time for my body to let me know if it is really working for me.

Good luck everyone, I hope your month is awesome so far!

Sw 255
Gw 245

1. 255.6 (can't remember exact number here)
2. 255.0
3. 255.6
4. 255.2
5. 254.6 (one pound down, 9 to go!)
Old 03-05-2015, 09:35 AM   #49  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 286.8/198.8/150ish

I've eaten with in my calorie range for three days thanks to the jawbone and Myfitnesspal. I don' want to see it go over the calorie range, although there is some dependency as to how much I should be eating between the diet I am following (more) and what myfitnesspal (lower) says. I've been hitting the lower number. I hope that results in meeting my mini goal by St Patrick's Day. I do have a birthday a few days before that, and I am heading to Houston for that weekend to spend it with hubby, who will be training there. I will need to be very careful while I'm gone, and eat healthy. I weigh myself tomorrow, so I'm hoping to be at least 2 pounds lower than last Friday.

Yesterday I wore a pair of pants I couldn't wear 19 pounds ago. I know I could wear these when I started the current job in Dec 2013. I also hit over 6000 steps yesterday. That great considering I have a desk job and even ate my lunch at my desk. That's the highest since tracking with the jawbone. Back to the pants, I read several times over the years where a ten pound loss is approximately a clothing size. I have never found this to be the case with me. How about the rest of you?

akelly, glad you are starting to feel better.

Have a great day everyone. I'll check in tomorrow. Today will be a busy day for me.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:55 AM   #50  
Down the rabbit hole...

imthegoddess We are at just about the same point for height and weight...Congrats on the pants! I know how that feels to be able to wear something again, I have an entire pile of clothes dedicated to that goal. Good luck on your journey!
Old 03-05-2015, 12:40 PM   #51  

Today is going to be interesting

Came home from vacation last night and awoke sick. Bleh! I have decided that I am going to get 10,000 steps today anyway and hopefully get my lap swim in tonight. At the very least if I am too yuckified to workout I am going to make sure my calories are right on. Check in tonight with the results.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:45 PM   #52  

[QUOTE]imthegoddess[Yesterday I wore a pair of pants I couldn't wear 19 pounds ago. I know I could wear these when I started the current job in Dec 2013. I also hit over 6000 steps yesterday. /QUOTE]

Awesome on the 6000 steps. My friend has a desk job and just walks every break to get steps on her Fitbit, maybe that can help you reach your 10,000 goal. Here is to hoping those pants will soon be too big

Last edited by I am powerful; 03-05-2015 at 12:46 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:46 PM   #53  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Thanks Molly I blew it last night (I know Lori said it doesn't matter what time you eat so it must be sodium). The boys made popcorn shrimp after church and I got out of the bed to eat some, then quickly got back in the bed. Slept about 4 hours 15 minutes and woke up the same weight I was day before yesterday. So all of my efforts went down the drain, smh.

Martine for eating 100% healthy GO YOU and good job on the .4 down. long hours and still losing. That's great

I am powerful, I love that quote Reminds me of scripture. Hope you feel better soon Great mindset even when not feeling your best, GO YOU

CakeGirl75, good job on the pound and YOU are not stuck in a fat suit ... you are temporarily wearing it it's going to come off, ha it's coming off

Lori you are doing great keep up the great work. and WHOOT WHOOT on the pants I'm not sure when I drop a size. My daughter is the one that will come over and say MOM do you look in the mirror???

Ok confessing once again ... I came home form work or should I say I got off work and I have eaten 1280 calories and 190 carbs of pure junk. I need to pull this back together.

Last edited by love2b150; 03-05-2015 at 01:47 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 02:48 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

I was down again this morning 196.2. Went to the naturopath this morning, weighed in on her scale at 200.something, after coffee and eating and having been awake for a while. Confessed that I hadn't been working out, eating well or taking my supplements. We agreed on a course of action to get me back on track. So we'll take it from there.
Old 03-05-2015, 02:57 PM   #55  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Kukkie good job on the downward movement I need a plan to find a good course of action to keep me OP even if it is just for a full week.

Last edited by love2b150; 03-05-2015 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:00 PM   #56  

kukkie every ounce is a celebration. Put on your fav song and get your grove on

Love2b150 you ate junk and feel kinda yuck, but your cal are still 1250. That's a positive. I saw someplace to make pre made 200-250 cal mason jar meals. Probably Pinterest. Grab and go and microwave safe.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:43 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 268/246/159

Height: 5ft7in

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am powerful View Post
Life by the inch is a cinch, life by the yard is hard. Every little good that you can find, every little success we can celebrate is what will get us to the finish line. Livin by the inch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeGirl75 View Post
Thanks love2b150 I am trying to keep my carbs in check on my high carb days...happy to report a loss for today! Committing to the carb cycling plan for a full month, I figure that is plenty of time for my body to let me know if it is really working for me.
What is carb cycling? Is it an Atkins variation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthegoddess View Post
I've eaten with in my calorie range for three days thanks to the jawbone and Myfitnesspal. I don' want to see it go over the calorie range, although there is some dependency as to how much I should be eating between the diet I am following (more) and what myfitnesspal (lower) says. I've been hitting the lower number.

Yesterday I wore a pair of pants I couldn't wear 19 pounds ago. I know I could wear these when I started the current job in Dec 2013. I also hit over 6000 steps yesterday. That great considering I have a desk job and even ate my lunch at my desk. That's the highest since tracking with the jawbone. Back to the pants, I read several times over the years where a ten pound loss is approximately a clothing size. I have never found this to be the case with me. How about the rest of you?
You are really doing well!
I try not to eat the "exercise calorie credit" in hopes of losing faster. But I find when I eat food I don't prepare it is really a crapshoot on the calorie count. Lately I have been eating food prepared in other kitchens-friends, future daughter in law, restaurants--and my weight is stuck.

As for clothes--for me it is closer to 20 pounds for a smaller size.

Quote:

Ok confessing once again ... I came home form work or should I say I got off work and I have eaten 1280 calories and 190 carbs of pure junk. I need to pull this back together.
WHat are we going to do with us?! I ate so well all day yesterday-whole grain at breakfast, bowl o' greens 175 calories for lunch, smart snack I packed and then met a friend at Chilis and proceeded to eat about 1000 calories of queso and chips for my dinner.

The day came in under the max allowed by daily allowance plus exercise credits and today is still the same on the scale. But this is just not right. yikes.
I wish there was a magic formula--don't we all, ha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukkie84 View Post
I was down again this morning 196.2. . We agreed on a course of action to get me back on track. So we'll take it from there.
I am so glad for you. I always feel stronger after I meet/talk with my dietician.

Like others here, I too am a sedentary person due to work and lifestyle. Since January I walk with a co-worker before work and I am pleased to say that the last 2 weeks I have walked even the days she couldn't come. Tuesday she didn't come and I walked the long sides and jogged the short sides.
(I wasn't sure I even COULD jog anymore without peeing my pants or falling through the floor-ha! It was not a glamorous looking jog, but I felt my heart beating harder.)

Wednesday I met her and I said dang my hips hurt today and I don't know why. Maybe you lifted something yesterday, she said. Then after she left I did a few more laps. I decided to try jogging on the long sides-- and it hit me why my hips were complaining.
The load is alot for them. SO since I start work a little later than she does I am going to continue walking with her and then doing extra to increase my jogging capability.

I probably won't make my St Patrick's day goal--it was a bit overzealous considering my behavior. But I do have a wedding brunch April 4th and I haven't bought a dress yet. That is my next target.

Sorry for the long post. Have a great day everyone!
~Molly

Last edited by MollysMojo; 03-06-2015 at 05:50 AM.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:10 AM   #58  
Alicia :)

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Alicia glad to hear you're feeling better. Sorry about the up on the scale Today is a spring day here but it's supposed to get cold again and more snow is expected Yay YOU for being back on plan Mainly work getting up at 2am and sometimes earlier and not knowing whether or not the day will be short or long. Today they spring on us that we all had to stay an extra two hours. I have church on Wednesday so I typically come home and sleep but not today. So tomorrow I know I'll be as tired as can be. I'll have to keep the caffeine going which sends me peeing all day, smh. Life gets in there too because I am a mommy first and I love sitting with my kids doing whatever and I have to often cut that short. But life goes on, I'll adjust. It's only been since the beginning of December with these hours and now the time is about to change which will throw me for another loop Sorry for the book ... Uh-um Miss Lady I like my Samsung
I forgot all about the time change this weekend, danggg I am going to be WAY off course when it's light out at 8pm. Maybe it's what I need to tell myself to STOP working and go enjoy some evening time in the light. As for all the stuff you're doing - you're my hero girl. And good for you on keeping the priorities straight with the kids - you will NEVER look backwards and wish you had spent an hour or two doing more work or losing that pound. You always will want more time with the kids. Hang in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am powerful View Post
y'all are doing great at staying positive. Finding the good in the bad. It reminds me of the quote. Life by the inch is a cinch, life by the yard is hard. Every little good that you can find, every little success we can celebrate is what will get us to the finish line. Livin by the inch.
That's a great quote. Says it all perfectly. We aren't going to make out of this life alive, so might as well have fun and look at the bright side. There's always a negative; I just chose to ignore it most days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukkie84 View Post
I was down again this morning 196.2. Went to the naturopath this morning, weighed in on her scale at 200.something, after coffee and eating and having been awake for a while. Confessed that I hadn't been working out, eating well or taking my supplements. We agreed on a course of action to get me back on track. So we'll take it from there.
Congrats on the drop! Losses are better than gains You're another fav of mine that I just get amazed at how much you juggle and still find time for the boards and online life. You and Rennie are like super heroes lol.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:54 AM   #59  
Gizmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthegoddess View Post
Congrats on getting into a smaller size! Always so encouraging when that happens. For me it's usually around 20 pounds lost that I go down a size.

After another really long day at work yesterday I have a day off. I am exhausted but I did get in another workout this morning anyway. I find that I have more focus and am determined to workout more. A step in the right direction mentally, for me, cause I've never really wanted to exercise.

Wishing everyone a great day!

01: 245.2
02: 245.4
03: 246.2
04: 245.8
05: 247.0 a blip on the scale
06: 245.8
07:
Old 03-06-2015, 08:55 AM   #60  
Down the rabbit hole...

Sw 255
Gw 245

1. 255.6
2. 255.0
3. 255.6
4. 255.2
5. 254.6 (One pound down...9 to go!)
6. 253.6 (2 down 8 to go!)

MollysMojoThe Carb Cycling plan by Chris Powell...he is the one who does that show Extreme Weight Loss. His book (the one that I have) is called "Choose to Lose, the 7-day carb cycle solution". I am doing the turbo plan which is 2 low carb days 1 high carb day and so on (there isn't any info about the turbo plan in the book, I read about it on his website chrispowell.com)...I have only been on it for a week but so far so good. I am usually low carb all the way but I think my body stopped responding to that so I tried this for a change.
Closed Thread