Old 06-25-2017, 10:31 PM   #316  
slow and steady is ok

S/C/G: 318.6/279.2/190

Height: 5'6"

These weekends are not good for my diet , that is for sure. At this point I am hoping to maintain when I weigh in tomorrow.. I was doing well today until some friends invited us out to eat this evening. Of course I said yes, so off to a Mexican restaurant we went. The food at this particular restaurant is amazing so I had a plateful of carbs and proceeded to eat all of it. At least I did not eat the chips before hand.

So that is my whining for the day. On a positive note, I have kept up with my Fitbit goal each day. That should help.

RunningRedHead I hope you will be back a normal schedule soon. I agree that will make it easier. Let's hold each other accountable for what we eat tomorrow, and then check back in with one another to make sure we both stayed on program. One day at a time is all it takes.
Joyful in Missouri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 01:06 AM   #317  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Joyful: Mexican food and all the carbs sound amazing right now haha

Being accountability buddies sounds great to me! Talk to you tomorrow (or later today, I guess lol)
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 04:29 PM   #318  

Joyful: Way to keep up with your Fitbit goals! So far today I’ve had a big salad with 99% lean ground turkey, lots of colorful veggies and dressing I made from olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I’ve had entirely too much coffee and at about 2AM had a bacon egg and cheese wake-up wrap and hash browns from Dunkin (there’s one in the same building as my unit at work). This puts me at 950 cal for the day and my goal is 1700. Probably going to eat another big salad for dinner and I “budgeted” enough calories for a glass of red wine I drank 1L of water so far today (I usually aim for 2.5-3) so I have some catching up to do. I met my step goal yesterday and have some catching up to do this evening (about half way there). Hope you had a productive day and you met your goal of maintaining Have a great night!
Old 06-26-2017, 09:57 PM   #319  
slow and steady is ok

RunnungRedHead, way to go with smart food choices today. You are doing great! I did not maintain, I actually gained a pound and then to make matters worse, I was hungry all day so I ate above the 1380 calories My Fitness Pal said I should eat each day. Sometimes I think that is too low considering I weigh 283.00 pounds, but it is what I was eating when I lost all that weight last year.

Your salad with lots of greens and colorful veggies sounds yummy. Food is so much more appealing when it looks good. I am super proud of you for choosing a wrap instead of donuts from Dunkin. It sounds like you are on the right track. I need to go to the grocery store to get some veggies so that I will get on the right track as well/
Old 06-27-2017, 08:03 AM   #320  

Joyful: My first thought was that 1380 sounds a bit low, but if it has worked for you in the past, then go for it. The salad was great; I had just gone shopping and thought all the colors looked wonderful The wraps are my go-to snack at work when the late-night munchies hit. I haven’t had a donut in a couple of months, although they always smell amazing when I go. If I exceed my step goal enough, I will get a cookie from DD if I have a craving for something sweet and make my friend take half of it haha. Ice cream is usually my downfall treat
Looking back, maybe it could be a little water retention from the Mexican food/carbs still hanging around? Don’t be discouraged by the small gain, you’re doing great with staying on top of your step goal and in your calorie allotment. I know you can do it!
Old 06-27-2017, 08:18 AM   #321  
Starting over...again!

S/C/G: 298.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I'm finally knocking on the door of the 260's again for the first time in 2 years! 270.2 this morning! Almost there!
HealthyMeWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:00 AM   #322  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 286.8/198.8/150ish

Hi everyone, I'm going to join you for what I hope is just a few days. I need some motivation, and logging in always helps me. Yesterday, I was 273.7 after a bad weekend. Have a great day everyone.
imthegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 05:18 PM   #323  

Hi there!

HealthyMeWannabe: You’re so close, you can do it!

Imthegoddess: Hopefully it’s just a few days and we can move onto the next decade! Logging in has been so helpful for me, I can see what you mean

Good luck to you both
Old 06-27-2017, 09:47 PM   #324  
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningRedHead View Post
Hi there!

Imthegoddess: Hopefully it’s just a few days and we can move onto the next decade! Logging in has been so helpful for me, I can see what you mean

Good luck to you both
RunningRedHead, thank you.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:32 PM   #325  
slow and steady is ok

HealthyMeWannabe Welcome! Glad you have joined us even if it is for just a few days. It is so exciting that you are that close to being out of the 270's.

Imthegoddess So glad you stopped in, even if it is for the short term. I am about 10 pounds behind you, so I will be here for a bit, Having people to chat with is extremely motivational and I am so glad I found this thread.

RunningRedHead
, you have motivated me more than you know. I went to Aldi today and picked up some fresh produce. I prepped some of the veggies and put them in canning jars in the fridge so that they would stay fresh longer. That way I can grab them easily and they are ready to go when I get hungry and want something quick and easy. Tonight I made a salad with tomatoes, lowfat feta cheese and a very low cal Greek dressing (10 cal for 2 tbsp) It was delicious and was just under 100 calories. Tomorrow I will take a colorful salad to work for lunch.

I think you are probably right about the carbs. I don't usually eat that many in a day so it may have had a negative effect due to water weight. I will probably weigh tomorrow to see if there is a change. Fingers crossed.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:11 AM   #326  
One day at a time

Joyful in Missouri, thank you for the kind words. We'll be seeing each other around quite a bit since we are close in weight.

Well, things are moving in the right direction again. I was 272.3 this morning. I'll take it. I have to learn not to sabotage all the effort I put into this when the hubby is home. He and the youngest will be gone over the long weekend, so I can focus on what I need to do. Have a great day everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyful in Missouri View Post
Imthegoddess So glad you stopped in, even if it is for the short term. I am about 10 pounds behind you, so I will be here for a bit, Having people to chat with is extremely motivational and I am so glad I found this thread.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:18 PM   #327  

270s/280s:

Joyful: Good luck with the extra weigh-in, I hope it was just the carbs- they really do wreak havoc with all the water retention Veggies in jars is one of my favorite things; so easy to just grab and go! And that salad sounds fantastic! Yesterday I had coffee and egg whites with mozzarella for breakfast, a slightly smaller than large colorful salad with tuna on a light flatout wrap for lunch, a hard-boiled egg for a snack, and baked cod with stir fry veggies for dinner. Oh and there was a bit of Halo Top ice cream.

Imthegoddess: You’re heading in the right direction, way to go!
Self-sabotage is my specialty , I totally get where you’re coming from. I’ve found that one of the hardest things to do when trying to lose weight is not eating what the family is eating and ignoring the junk food (or even just the off-plan food) hanging around the kitchen. It's even more difficult not to force my eating habits/diet on those I live with

Have a great day!
Old 06-29-2017, 10:10 PM   #328  
slow and steady is ok

RunningRedHead the extra weigh-in was just what I needed. It showed I was actually down a bit so that was quite motivating. Your food choices sound delicious. For breakfast I had some coffee with sugar-free caramel syrup and blueberry Greek yogurt with fresh blueberries and almonds, lunch was grilled chicken, snow peas and carrots, and for dinner I had grilled chicken and roasted brussel sprouts. I had one babybell cheese for a mid-afternoon snack and some Halotop ice cream after dinner. Halotop or Greek yogurt are my go to snack in the evening if my husband is eating ice cream.

Imthegoddess I know what you mean about sabotage, especially when the rest of the family is eating things that you shouldn't. My husband loves to eat out but it is very hard to eat out al ot and lose weight. He also eats a lot in the evening, and will bring me the same thing that he is eating. Let's just say his food choices are not healthy. Fortunately if I say no to what he brings he doesn't try to talk me into eating it, but it is hard to say no sometimes.

My mini victory this week is that I have said no to cupcakes at work. For some reason families have brought cupcakes in every day this week and I do love cupcakes. Each time I have been offered one I have been able to say no thank-you. Sweets are my downfall so this small victory each day made me very happy.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:46 AM   #329  

Joyful: That’s great! Congratulations Everything sounds great! Halotop has been my go-to lately when I have a craving for ice cream. I usually put some blueberries or raspberries on top and that usually does the trick. I didn’t stick to plan very well the last two days—there was pizza and wings two days ago and I ate some left over wings later in the day yesterday so between the sodium and the late night snacking, I’m up to 278.9 Getting ready to really button down for July. Hope you’re having a good day
Old 07-01-2017, 01:56 AM   #330  
slow and steady is ok

RunningRedHead, Thanks for the congrats. It is always nice to hear. I am sure your numbers will get sorted out in a day or two. As you already know the salt in the pizza and wings play havoc with water weight. We are having company over on July 4th so I am planning the menu now. Trying to include some healthy sides so that I can stay on track that day. We are grilling out so we will have the traditional potato salad and baked beans, but I am also going to make a broccoli salad and some roasted corn. That along with watermelon should provide me with some healthy choices. Hope you have a great first day of July,