Old 01-09-2016, 02:20 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 278/269/165

Height: 5'9"

Nursemom it so cool that u are going for your masters. I love education and I love nurses. Way 2 be on the weight loss. Hope the wheat thing works for you.
Rosestarayou have such a great attitude. No wonder you were at so many parties over the holidays. Hope you make it out of the 270's by feb as well.

The scale was 274.4 today. I had a few cookies yesterday, which was totally an accident. My hubby got them for the kids and I just chomped one and then two. When I looked down I was like crap, I didn't mean to do that. But, once u get that taste...mmmmm...the cravings. I am pleased w/myself though because I checked out the calories and made a conscious decision to have more. 390 cal of cookies. Walked 4mi yesterday and ate well besides that.

I don't have a diet plan I follow. My only real goal at this time is to not binge. Weight loss would be a breeze if I can just get those under control. 2 cookies, not an unctrollable 15, 1-2 pieces of candy instead of trying to consume the whole bag. 1-2 slices of pizza.....and u get the point. I want to eat with my family and not feel deprived by watching them eat cause I have my own 'approved' meal for consumption. I am also working through the 12step addiction program except applying it toward food.

Looking forward to working with all of you and hope we move on to the next thread soon and together.
I am powerful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 11:31 AM   #227  
Jodi

S/C/G: 285/ticker/165

Height: 5'4" - 47 years old

Smile

I am powerful - I can totally relate about the cookies, I have done that before. It's just totally second nature, but at least you stopped yourself when you wanted to stop! Pretty good!
And, thank you about school. This is my last year (God willing)! So, if yall don't hear from me in a 3-4 day stretch, it's because school and work fell on the same days.

Have a great day today!
NurseMom1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 03:33 PM   #228  

Put down the chocolate my BF gave me, ate well and did a four mile walk. Normally I try to break that up into small workouts throughout the day, bone spurs in both feet, bursitis in both hips, a bad knee and one herniated disc in my lower back (all gifts from one pregnancy or another), require that I never exceed 2mi in a single stretch. The smaller I get, obviously, the longer that stretch should be able to become. However, yesterday, I ran out of time to split up, so I did it all in one push. I'm hurtin, but pleased as well.
Working through excuses and not giving up made both the scale and myself a happy camper today, 273 even. That number makes me wanna pound the pavement again today.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:50 PM   #229  

Having a day where you wake up and it's like a fight from the moment you open your eyes to not over eat. I'm tired and cranky and the last thing I wanna do is use the little bit of energy I have to clean, workout and eat right. Hope y'all are doing better than I am today. Good luck to me and you.
Old 01-12-2016, 07:10 AM   #230  

I went back to work yesterday and I'm afraid I went back too soon. My body was worn out by 10 AM, somehow, I survived until the end of the day. I teach first grade, so maybe that's why I am so tired. Weight loss is still happening. I have been able to add a few things to my diet such as turkey and mashed potatoes. Everyone else that I know that had their gallbladder out didn't have these problems. Have a great day everyone!!
Neast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 11:18 AM   #231  

S/C/G: 297.4/278/150

Height: 5'4"-44 years old

Neast: I'm glad you made it through your first day. Hopefully it will be much better tomorrow. I am also glad that you are still losing weight. Everyone is different. I don't know how old you are but my best friend had her gallbladder out in college and she had a really hard time recovering and she was really young.

I am powerful:great job on your weight loss. you are almost out of this thread!

Jodi: I hope things are going well with you.

Today I was 278 pounds so that is another pound or so gone. I am very happy with it.
rosestara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 12:14 PM   #232  

Neast you have my sympathies. The only bright side I can ever think of to being really sick and in pain is weight loss. I am happy you at least have that as you go through the yuck.

Rosestara thanks for your support. Great job on your loss.

Yesterday could have been better, but I am thankful it wasn't worse. I ate things that weren't healthy, but I listened to myself and didn't go out of control. That is the positive I am taking from yesterday. Continuing the path to be free from the chains of binge eating. I'll weigh again Thursday morning.
Old 01-12-2016, 03:39 PM   #233  
Jodi

Sorry I missed this thread yesterday! It’s school, I can’t do much else besides that!
I am powerful – Great job the other day for putting down those chocolates and walking 4 miles. Don’t hurt yourself though. I have made that mistake over and over again, and the moment I feel something “not right”, I STOP. It takes too long to recover, and by then, all my interest in eating right and exercising are gone. Sorry your day started out bad yesterday, glad it didn’t get too bad, though.
Neast – so sorry you’re feeling bad! Yes, some people can have issues like that without their gall bladder, I’ll pray for a speedy recovery! I remember after my hysterectomy with ovaries out, I went back to work too soon, it was horrible! I was trembling and had cold sweats, I was so weak, I thought I couldn’t walk another step.
Rose! – Glad for your loss! Keep up the good work!!

Me, I am having a terrible time with salt! I have always loved salt, but I really need to cut it at least in half. I have totally taken wheat out of my diet, I. love. It! No cravings for anything. On CAD (which I am still doing, just without wheat) I would go all day with no cravings and eat a great supper within the time frame, and about 2 hours later, here came the gnawing hunger. Ug. Today is one week without wheat. I did have one episode of gnawing hunger after my reward meal and that is when I overdid the tortilla chips when I made tortilla soup. (I like to crumble tortilla chips on top, or use the chips as a spoon.) So, maybe that was too many carbs at a time, who knows??

Ladies, have a great day! Be blessed!
Old 01-13-2016, 01:58 PM   #234  

Nursemomits really good that you're finding a plan that works for you. Keep it up.

276.4. Honestly not sure what happened. I know that I did not eat enough calories to warrant that so instead of getting upset, I'm going with the math in my head and supposing its water weight. That being said, it still irritates me.
Old 01-13-2016, 05:42 PM   #235  
Jodi

I am powerful, Yup, water weight, I dropped two pounds not adding table salt to my food yesterday and upping my water intake. Felt like I won a boxing match! LOL
So far so good with not adding salt today. I just may be able to kick that habit, bc I ate left over roast for lunch, and would have doused it with salt before I even tried it, (I didn't!) and it tasted salty to me, go figure! (Praising God! Whoop, whoop!!)

I do understand your frustrations, bc two days prior, I had a 2.5 lb gain! Arg!
Old 01-14-2016, 02:13 PM   #236  

Nursemomgreat job! giving up salt might be hard at first but it really does become easier. I stopped as a teenager adding salt to anything, and maintained easily 20years or so, but I didn't give up salt completely. I added it to recipes and such as called for. Then on my last pregnancy I pretty much could have used a salt lick and now I use it more than previously.
You really are doing very well...yay you!

I did 6mi yesterday and ate well. Today my oldest turns 13 and wants Taco Bell and dirt cake. I figured out my dinner replacement but I'm having some dirt cake, just a reasonable amount and very healthy all day besides. That's the plan anyway. Dirt cake is a personal trigger, so it could go either way.
Old 01-14-2016, 10:42 PM   #237  

S/C/G: 297.4/278/150

Height: 5'4"-44 years old

Hi Guys, Things are going pretty well. Mostly because I have lost my appetite. I am doing wonderslim and the food is not bad but I just don't feel like eating. Never thought I would say that but that is what I like about this plan is that I'm not hungry. Right now though I just can't make myself eat all the meals and luckily I don't have anything else here that I really want to eat so my calories have been pretty low the last few days.

Nursemom: Good job on the salt. I've never been a salt person. I am certainly a sweet person. I wonder which is worse? Having a sweet tooth or salt tooth? Since I am also sensitive to carbs, I think it is worse having a sweet tooth.

I am powerful:What do you do to get all those miles in?
rosestara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 06:56 PM   #238  

rosestarai split my workouts up. 2mi in the morning, 2in the evening and then maybe an elliptical at the gym in the night.

Weight loss is at a stop, of course I haven't been brave enough to check the scale. Binge city the last few days. Trying so hard, but yet as I'm typing I'm thinking about all the sweets I could get my hands on. The dirt cake at m sons party started my downward slope. Now I just need to regain my footing and reclaim the lost ground.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:12 PM   #239  

Hey all, sorry for my absence. I had a problem with one of my incisions and had to deal with that. Its much better now and I am feeling better and finally healing!! I finally got clearance to start working out, so I am going to start this week.
Neast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 01:12 PM   #240  

Sorry about your struggles and very happy to hear you're back with a workout all clear. Hope you shine!