Old 12-30-2015, 06:23 PM   #211  
Jodi

S/C/G: 285/ticker/165

Height: 5'4" - 47 years old

New low, 276! Praising God, Woo Hoo!

I wonder how long it will take me to move along to "Getting out of the 260s and 250s? My goal is to be 250 at the end of the New Year Challenge, which is March 9th.

Anybody out there?
NurseMom1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 09:50 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 297.4/278/150

Height: 5'4"-44 years old

I'm still here I've just been busy. Congrats on your weight loss! Today I weighed 280 and I am happy. I haven't really been on plan because I've had too many parties and dinners. I've eaten well but not great so that is why I have still lost weight but not much. I won't reach my goal of being in the 270's by new year because I am going to yet another party tomorrow night. However I am not upset. I am pretty happy with my weight because at least it is going down. I won't have time to check in again until after the new year. Have a happy new year!
rosestara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 10:34 AM   #213  
Jodi

Thanks, Rose, you have a happy new year as well, and be safe! We are just going to kick back at home and watch the ball drop on TV. I got a crazy idea to have a garage sale next month,the weather is mild where I live, usually. So, I have a mountain of "stuff" that needs to go in the sell pile. What was I thinking? LOL

New low: 275.2 What?! Skipped exercise yesterday, but, I think hauling around boxes and junk all day counted!
Old 01-03-2016, 10:14 PM   #214  

Hey Jodi,

It's good to see that your weight is steadily going down. Soon you will be too small for this thread. I didn't make my goal of reaching the 270's by New Year's because I had some unexpected dinners and parties. But today I am back on track so we will see where I am by the end of the week.

I hope things are going well for you.
Old 01-04-2016, 12:21 AM   #215  

Hi all, I belong in this thread, although I do not have an exact weight yet. I was sick for 2 months, been back and forth to doctors, and ultimately ended up getting my gallbladder removed 5 days ago. My body still has to decide what it likes and doesn't like now. If I eat the wrong thing, I automatically get sick. I was in the hospital for a few days ahead of time on antibiotics and receiving fluids. So my weight is all messed up. I am focusing on eating healthy, drinking my water, and getting well.
Neast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 10:53 AM   #216  

S/C/G: 299/263/150

Height: 5' 4"

HI all,
I just wanted to pop over and say you all are doing a great job. I was in this thread for what seemed like an eternity. The 280's didn't want to let go. But I kept trying and it did happen. Today I reached 259, putting me at 40 lbs lost. Don't give up on your goals, both big and small. When you hit a plateau, keep trying, even if the scale isn't moving. Best of luck to you all.
gagirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 11:53 AM   #217  
Jodi

Rose, hi! Thought I lost you, don't go anywhere! LOL I'm doing pretty good. I had been off from school (getting my masters degree in nursing) for three weeks and just started back yesterday, and oh. my. gosh. I am completely out of the routine. But, I am grateful for the break, I really have a good footing on my WOE, and it feels wonderful! I just got the book, Wheat Belly, have you heard of it/read it?

Neast, you are going through a lot! Yes, your focus needs to be on healing and drinking plenty of fluids. I'm so sorry you had been sick so long, that is a big set back. I'll say a prayer for speedy recovery for you!

Awww, gagirl! You are so sweet to pop in for encouragement, thank you, that really does mean a lot to me! And, congratulation on your weight loss!
Old 01-06-2016, 12:12 PM   #218  
Do or Do Not

S/C/G: 302/267/135

Height: 5'5

I was in the 280's forever (since Jan of 2015) but cleaned up my eating right before Christmas and I'm sitting at 277.2 today. I was down to 275 but New Years happened. I'm excited to be in this group and also excited to be on my way out! Only 7 pounds to go!! We can do this!!!!
CutieCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:21 PM   #219  
Jodi

Good for you, CutieCourt! Sounds like me, I was gaining and gaining until I was 285, so scared of 300, that I got on my plan and now I'm 276
As much as I am excited to go on to the next thread, I like knowing there are people in the "same" condition I'm in. Know what I mean?
Old 01-06-2016, 02:29 PM   #220  
Round 2

S/C/G: 315/289.6/160

Height: 5'5

was almost out of here at 273 but fell off the wagon and was at 289.6 last week hoping for a decent drop by Friday.

and hoping even more to be out of this thread by the end of the month. who's with me?!
pegeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 07:20 PM   #221  

Hello everyone, it is great to see other people here

Pegeye: I wish you good luck with your goal to be out of here by the end of the month. I'm not sure if I can get there by the end of the month but I will try

Jodi: great job on your progress so far

Cutiecourt: i hope you reach your goal of getting out of this thread soon.

Neast: it is nice to meet you. I hope that your recovery is still going well

As for me. I am doing well. I have a few more pounds to lose before my weight is back on track. So far the weight I gained from bad eating is disappearing pretty fast.
Old 01-06-2016, 09:56 PM   #222  

Hi all, thanks for the warm welcome. Recovery is slow but steady. My husband and I took a walk around the block today (1/2 mile). I had to stop a few times, but we made it. I am trying to build my strength. I successfully added plain mashed potatoes to my diet, so now I can eat 2 things! I am losing daily, but am trying not to get my hopes up that it will stay off once I'm well.
Neast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 03:56 AM   #223  

S/C/G: 278/269/165

Height: 5'9"

Hello, I am new to this thread. Last year at this time I was over 40lbs lighter. I wish I were back in that thread again, it seems so far away to reach. Last year killed me. My mother collapsed and went into a nursing home and then moved in for me to care for while my father worked. My uncle was in a severe accident where he lost his leg and was life flighted to a Washington hospital, making us the only family within 12hours. Long drive away, we made the trip multiple times. Then it startled to settle down. My uncle and mom went home. A few short weeks later my 7mo old was admitted to the ICU, severely ill and unable to breathe on her own, where she stayed for just under 2 weeks, then my grandma died, then my mother, then my uncle, then my aunt and just a couple days after my aunt's funeral we found out that mothers dr was found negligent in her death and lost her license. I gave in and ate and then ate and ate some more. I was depressed and stressed. I have 5 children and it was all I could do to meet their needs. I wanted to stop but at the same time, I didn't care. Now that all this holiday stuff is over, I'm feeling like maybe I can begin again. So there it is and here I am.

Last edited by I am powerful; 01-08-2016 at 04:04 AM.
I am powerful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 11:15 AM   #224  

Wow, I am powerful. I am really sorry for all you have been through during the last year. I know its not for me to say but it seems like 40 pounds is not a huge amount to gain based on what you have gone through. Anyway, it is good that you are here and that you are back on track.

Neast: I am glad you are steadily getting better. Try not to worry about what will happen when you are completely well.

As for me, I stepped on the scale this morning and it said 279.2 and I am really happy with that because I have been doing good with my diet but not perfect. Perhaps I will be out of the 70's by the end of the month!
Old 01-09-2016, 01:13 PM   #225  
Jodi

Smile

Pegeye – Well, at least you are on the wagon with a LOT of enthusiasm! I would love to be in the next thread by the end of the month! WooHoo!
Hi Rose! – I’m glad to hear that your gain is coming off pretty quickly!
Niki – That is great, walking ˝ mile! I’m glad that your recovery is coming along!
I am powerful - I am so sorry to hear about all of the traumatic experiences that you have gone through, even a fraction of that would have pushed anyone away from taking care of themselves (heck, just having 5 kids to raise is challenging enough!) I am so glad to meet you and that you are here! We will help support you with this part of your life, the healing part!

Well, I am transitioning from the Carbohydrates Addict Diet to Wheat Belly, which is the complete removal of wheat from my diet. You all should read what wheat does to our bodies, it is depressing. It is written by a cardiologist and LONG story short is that the wheat we eat today does not resemble the wheat our grandparents ate; it has been genetically manipulated to increase yield to help with world hunger. Anyway, the wheat wreaks havoc and raises your blood sugar, dumping more insulin, making you eat more to get rid of the insulin, continuous cycle. I have been off wheat completely since Tuesday, and feel great, no hunger, except when it is time to eat a meal.

I did have my hunger under control with CAD, except after my reward meal. Most of the time the hunger was in check, but, if my carbs were too high for that meal, I would be hungry till I went to bed, even if I ate just a protein snack, I would be hungry. So, I was explaining my diet to a coworker who asked if I read Wheat Belly, and out of curiosity, I bought it and am almost finished reading it. I am shocked. I was pretty mad bc I was on that diet pill called Contrave that he describes in the book! It was to stop the morphine-like response to the pleasure center of the brain that is caused by wheat, so I would not crave wheat anymore! REALLY????? Why did anyone just not say, “rid the wheat, rid the pounds”? Did it say that on their website? No. Instead of paying $70 a month for diet pills that made me lose over half of my hair??? Ug. Yes, I’m a “little” emotional about this! Yes, I did lose weight on Contrave, about 35 pounds over 7 months without trying and no exercising. Then gained all but 10 pounds back quickly, then started CAD on 12/9/15. *sigh*

All that being said (SO SORRY for the rant…) I am at a new low, 274.0 this morning! Whoop whoop! And, my hair is slowly growing back too!

Y’all have a blessed day!