I like to read what people are eating that help them stay on track with their eating plan. It give me some good ideas for something new. So here are mine:
1. vanilla soy milk - I use it in a smoothie with ff yogurt and blueberries -- my nutritionist says to eat more soy!
2. Smoky Black Bean Dip (from Trader Joe's)
3. Smart Ones ice cream bars
4. eggplant hummus
5. Low Fat Chicken Chow Mein (TJ's) - a quick & easy dinner
6. walnuts - my nutritionist says I have to eat them every day
7. Morningstar vegetarian chili
8. Kavli crackers/Savory crackers (TJs)
9. fresh fruit - berry season is here, and I love it
10. Roasted Veggie Enchiladas (TJs)
Anyone else have stuff that they absolutely have to keep in their refrigerator to help them stay with it?
1. special k cereal - both with strawberries and without - it's my 'typical' breakfast.
2. healthy choice/WW/lean cuisine frozen meals - easy lunch at work!
3. boneless chicken breasts
4. broccoli - i love it. is that weird?
5. low calorie soups, like campbell's hearty chicken ones and such
6. tea w/ some honey
7. skinny cow ice cream sandwiches
8. plain white rice
9. soy sauce. it flavors ANYTHING
10. diet cola. it's not food but it can satisfy a sweet tooth!
Gastric Sleeve in 2014
302 / 206 / 170
My weight loss from 2002-2009:
244 / 175 (lowest) / 170
1. Cottage Cheese... it's a dessert, it's lunch! It's a dinner!
2. Lean Cusine Mac & Cheese. I swear I don't buy them, my boyfriend does... I just eat them.
3. Fresh Blueberries and Cherries. They're like 40 calories for a cup!
4. Prepackaged Egg Whites or EggBeaters. Especially the new kind with peppers and herbs. YUM! Also makes cookign frittatas a snap!
5. Torani Sugar-Free Vanilla Syrup. Made with Splenda. OMG, this is divine! I add it to Seltzer Water for a "italian soda" treat.
6. Frozen Bulk Chicken Breast. I can throw it on the grill or make something special. It's all good.
7. Genisoy Chips. They're crunchy like a chip, come in yummy flavors, are packed full of soy protein and have 25 CHIPS PER SERVING!
8. Mushrooms. I don't know why I like these so much but I add them to everything for flavor and meatiness.
9. My spice cabinet. Because "good for you" shouldn't negate "tastes good!"
10. Salsa. I could eat this stuff with a spoon!
2. Light yogurt (usually Dannons)
3. Laughing cow lite
4. Morning Star Farms "Better than Burgers"
6. No sugar added fudgesicles
7. Act II Light Butter Popcorn
8. Bagged salad (don't like veggies enough to make it myself )
10. Gardenburger's BBQ Riblets
[list=1][*] Lowfat cottage cheese (protein fix for breakfast/snacks)[*] Little pretzel twists (when I want something to crunch)[*] Hard cooked eggs (another quick fix for breakfast/snacks)[*] Beef jerky (preferably home-made to control the salt) -- high protein low fat[*] Fruit, fruit, and more fruit[*] Veggies, veggies and more veggies[*] Pre-frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts[*] Steamed shellfish -- a lowfat treat when eating out, especially during crab season[*] Soup -- love it. I keep cans in the pantry for quick dinners, and I often choose it from the cafeteria for lunch.[*] Tea. So many flavors/kinds to choose from. It's a nice, soothing treat.[/list=1]
Does anyone ever watch Alton Jones on TVFN? His book gave a great idea for popcorn. Put 3 tablespoons popcorn kernels in a brown lunch bag. Fold the top closed and staple shut - exactly 2 staples at least 3" apart. This prevents sparking in the microwave. My sweetie, Mark, makes this for me every night. Sometimes adds some brown sugar to the bag before popping - yum!
244 223 215
"Whatever you are, be a good one." --Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)
Do you mena Alton Brown on Good Eats? If so I love his show. If not what show is he on?
My dad was a chef and he cooded turkeys in a paper bag. It turned out pretty good. You have to have a plain paper sack no writing. Oil the sack down with vegetable oil and then put your turkey in and seal it up. Let it cook the normal time. Made it real golden brown. My new favorite way to cook it is from Alton Browns show and the is to use a brine. You can get directions for it on Foodtv.com.
Goal of 245 Made 12/21/05 Half the man.
New Goal to regain the above goal.
Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever
you do, do all to the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31