Old 06-29-2015, 01:03 PM   #496  

Height: 5'5"

Mandy - How adorable are you? And yay for getting rid of the water weight. Not necessarily for the scale, but for general comfort. Pregnancy weight plus water weight = ugh!

Nagazim - Honeymoon period for the win! It's such a relief when the siren call of food diminishes to a whisper. And 10 days in a row is AWESOME.

Kelly - Yup. Back to it. And this is why you are 42 pounds. Not because of the perfect times or the falls off the wagon. Because you get back to it every time. And that translates into a lifetime of success.

Jenni - Transitions can be really rough. My thoughts are with you, hoping the stress gets alleviated. But WOOT for handling it all without the food drug.

Diane - Hope the work and computer problems get resolved. Your updates are one of my favorite parts of the day! Hope you are on the other side of the grumpiness issue as well.

Like Jenni, I am going through some life stressors. My husband is starting to freak out about my kids moving in. They have been here for a visit, and he is starting to see how they will impact his life. Even though most of those changes are positive, they are still changes, and he is hating that. He has been increasingly cold toward me, and finally I texted him on Friday morning about it. I said, "I love you, but I am not sure how to fix this problem. I just know I miss you." His response was that he did not think it could be fixed. I asked him if we should do marriage counseling, and he agreed, even setting up an appointment for Friday afternoon. I loved the counselor, but she basically told us that we just needed to take some parenting classes and strategize about how we wanted to parent together. Our marriage is so good on so many levels. But now I'm really worried about how a divorce will impact everyone around me, and I'm angry that he's even talking about divorce instead of asking taking some basic, common-sense measures to make him happier and more comfortable with these changes. He agreed that my kids could move in. I don't want him to be miserable, and i know that Jenni has endured a lot with stepdaughter drama, but none of those typical problems have occurred. My kids and his kids get along better than I ever would have imagined. He worries his kids have too much screen time. My kids get them out of the house riding bikes, going to the park, and long boarding. He's just offended that his kids often prefer spending time with my kids than with him, and while all of my kids like him, only my youngest is truly comfortable around him. And I keep thinking - "AARRGGHH! You're the adult here. None of the kids made the choices that have brought us to this point, but they are handling the new situation like champs. All of them, including the two diagnosed on the autism spectrum. It's only you -- one of the two adults who made the decisions to get us here -- that is freaking out. Get a grip. Work through the problems. Don't rip apart their lives (and my life) because you're freaking out."

Wow. Sorry. So much pent-up frustration on this topic.

I'm at 229.6 this morning. Here are today's goals.

1 - Reasonable on calories.
2 - Escape for some exercise in about an hour - get 7,000 steps before I go home.
3 - Eat some good food.
4 - Weigh tomorrow morning.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 02:13 PM   #497  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Hello ladies.

Laurie....I wish it was just transition. They are trying to take hubbys retirement. We have had to hire several lawyers and were hoping to get an emergency hearing tomorrow at the federal level. Blended families are really stressful. We have his mine and ours. One is on the autism spectrem which is mine. This was difficult initself because he had to learn how to handle him. As you know you cannot handle an autism kid the same as another child. We both had to accept each others children and decide on parenting. Then we decided how to discipline ect. If you ever want to pm me to get more in depth I am here for you. I know its hard and really the best reward would be for him to realize kids eventually move out and have their own lives so it imortant to build together. You both married knowing each had kids so its only fair to give it a chance you all are worth it!!!!
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 10:21 PM   #498  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Just saying I'm still here! I was at a conference for 4 days and survived! YAY! I did mostly great with food and I'm so proud of myself for that. Now it's getting back into the normal swing of things. I'm doing more walking too. yay me!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:51 AM   #499  

Jenni - I'm so sorry about the retirement stress. I hope you have great lawyers, and I hope you are getting what you need. Mini-political rant - I HATE how veterans tend to be treated by the government. Thank you so much for your wisdom about blended families. I went for a walk yesterday afternoon and listened to break up songs for about 3/4s of it, then power songs for the rest of it. Felt much better. And the hubby seems to be coming around. I may PM you for advice at some point. Thank you.

Melissa - So glad you rocked the conference! Woot!

Diane - So hoping you get your computer issues worked out. Can't wait to hear about your progress.

Had a pretty good food day yesterday. Evening wasn't perfect, but was much better than has been in the past.

228.6 today.

Goals -

1 - Exercise in the afternoon.
2 - Eat reasonably.
3 - Weigh myself tomorrow morning.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 06-30-2015, 01:16 PM   #500  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Hey all!

Doctor appointment for me today! Just a regular check up, but with a different doctor. They are starting to rotate me through the staff at the hospital so I'm comfy with everyone and won't have a stranger in my lady bits if my primary OB can't be there for L&D.

Feeling a bit off otherwise. After church on Sunday, I realized that Mandy the individual is being lost to Mandy the mother. Nobody cares about how *I'm* doing, unless it's in relation to the pregnancy. I feel like a vessel instead of a person and it kinda sucks. I fought this hard when I got married, and then my husband got ordained. I stressed I wanted to be Mandy, the pastor's wife.... not the pastor's wife, Mandy. I wanted ME to come first, not a way to identify me. And now I feel like I'm becoming invisible and the only reason people talk to me is because of the baby on the way. It's frustrating and I feel like I'm being a horrible selfish person because I don't want that to be the only part of me that people see.

Trying to shake the blahs.

Good news though, blood pressure this morning was 115/76. Not too shabby!
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:15 PM   #501  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey all. I had to wait until I got home to post. I can post on my phone, but it is so hard to do that. I still can't get on at work, but I really can't ask the IT guys why that is. My own little checks show that it might be a connectivity problem, but that's about all I know. I'll keep trying.

I'm doing well with workouts. Not as great with food plan, but hanging in there for the most part. I haven't been losing, and that kind of throws me, but I think it might be hormonal. It just feels like I'm arbitrarily holding on to water weight or something. I don't know. I'm not totally over the edge about it, so I'll just wait it out.

Mandy: I'm sorry about how you are feeling. It is totally understandable. I wish I could tell you that you're thoughts are not valid, but it definitely happens. And, not to be a downer but... it will still happen when the baby is born. I think it does get better as time goes on, but when the baby is new, that's all everyone wants to talk about. But it will be better in time!

Laurie: I'm sorry about what you are going through. That's really tough. I hope that you can work it out together. Marriage is tough, and having kids is tough, but when they are at odds with each other, it can make you a little crazy. Hang in there and know that we are here for you.

Jenni: I'm sorry you are having tough times as well. It is hard to concentrate on weight loss when you have stress like that. Hang in there! We have your back, too!

Nagazim: Doing well!! Awesome!

MissLoud: You can do it! Just get back in the game. We all have stuff that throws us off. But you are still here, still posting. You can do it!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 02:19 AM   #502  
★ Kelly ★

S/C/G: flawsome

Height: 5' 5

Oh man just can't seem to stop the onslaught of carbs. Always tomorrow right. Down a pound this week .. don't know how but I'll take it. Super tired after looking after 3 littlies and 2 4 year olds . Lots of running around at the park! So I'm still in the must try harder pile.

good to see you posting Diane, great the excercise is still going good... I really need to take a leaf out of your book.. I think winter is getting to me.

Jennie and Laurie sounds like you guys sre going through some rough waters! ((hugs)) to yah

Oh Mandy I found that one of the hardest things about motherhood, I mourned it after Tate was born. You get use to being down the pecking order lol its hard to keep your sense of self (just told my husband off for calling me mum) but motherhood brings so much more to your life you won't be able to remember time before kids. That being said I'm looking forward to my weekend away with my girlfriends where I can just look after myself for two whole days!!!

Last edited by MissLoud; 07-01-2015 at 02:20 AM.
MissLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:02 AM   #503  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys, so I'm doing alright. I turned 29 and then travelled for work the next day to a really remote, forgotten place. It's very pretty but very far (7 hours from the nearest major transport connection etc) from everything I take for granted even in my 3rd worldly sense. Today I finally figured out that my iPad has the best mobile signal (still 2G at best and no signal at all, at worst) and so I'm using it as a mobile hotspot so I can do important stuff (like check in on 3FC). I'm hoping this message won't be typed in vain and will actually go. I'm doing alright food wise and living off a mostly pita bread and crackers diet. I'm really Carbsy McCarbsALot right now. I brought both from home which is just as well because the food here is super spicy (which I love, but which my digestive issues hate) so I'm not able to eat a lot of it. I've not exercised since last Thursday. I should probably march in place in my room or something but I haven't yet. Time enough when I get home this weekend.

It's taken a couple of days of tediousness to catch up but I think I've got it now. Congrats Nagazim on staying on track. By the way, your juice sounds delicious! Mandy, you look awesome! Check you out with that bump! I think it sounds normal and not at all selfish to mourn a little the end of life as you know it and being a stand alone, self-defined person, responsible for yourself. It only shows you're a reflective sort of person and considering certain things in advance. It's going to be okay! Diane: I hope the hormones settle and the scale cooperates. The good thing is that at least it's not showing a gain and that's a victory as well. I hope you're feeling a bit more equilibrium with your mood and that the losses start coming again soon. Laurie: Thanks for sharing about the excel sheet. I've downloaded it and it will definitely be easier to navigate than the book at the gym. I'm so sorry about the husband issues. I can imagine that blended families are a minefield to navigate and I suppose many people struggle with change and then don't react well to it and lash out (with words) more than they should. I know I can be a little change phobic- even when I know the change isn't necessary a bad thing and could even be a better thing, just maybe something I didn't expect when I was satisfied with the status qu I'm hoping the "d" word is just a lash out and the counselling helps. The good thing is that the kids are getting along and so only one head needs to be pulled out of a bottom. I'm sending hugs your way and prayers for love and unity to overcome all in your family. Kelly: Eeeeep about all the little people! One pound down is awesome, don't ask the scale gremlins how, just snatch it from their clingy, greedy fists! And all that running around the park, chasing little ones down sounds like a lot of exercise to me especially with the lifting and carrying that I imagine is associated. So well done you!

Alright guys so I'm hoping this post actually well... posts. Wishing everyone an amazingly blessed rest of the week!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 04:19 PM   #504  

Just checking in. Had first hearing judge granted a TRO until next week looks like it will be a fight. Food has been fine walking has lacked. As we all know stress tired us out along with heat it just sucks me dry! Postive note staying with hood food choices.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:02 AM   #505  

Good morning, all!

Toasted - So good to see your check-in! You lead such a busy, interesting life. I love following along on your adventures. And thank you for the words of support. Exercising in your situation has to be challenging, but it's temporary, and you are not going off the rails. I am sure it will be nice to get back to civilization, though.

Kelly - Yup. What Toasted said. Take it from the greedy, vengeful hands of those scale gremlins and rejoice! But chasing after a million kids can be a pretty nice calorie burn, too. =)

Mandy - Yay for you for working on holding on to your sense of self. It's SO hard. If I were to give you advice (and you know I can't help it), it would be to hold onto that even harder. Too many parents (including me at too many points in my life) define themselves by their children, and I think it's a disservice to both the parent and the child. That baby boy is going to bring so much joy! And so many new challenges. And, in customer Mandy-style, you're going to rock both the joy and the challenges!

Jenni - Way to hang in there with the food, and at least be mindful of the exercise. It will come. Being a litigant can be really difficult and stressful. My thoughts are with you. Ugh.

Diane - It is an enormous comfort to know that you do have my back. I think loneliness is part of the human experience, and it can be such a comfort to know that I am not alone in dealing with these life challenges.

Things at home continue to be a little rough, but much, much better. But the parenting experience is just filled with so many challenges, and for whatever reason, I feel like I'm floundering under them today. Add to this that my husband (though he seems to be trying) feels like a detractor rather than a team member at this point, and I'm feeling just a bit overwhelmed.

On the other hand, I was asked by someone to help her move on Friday, and I totally rocked it. I carried heavy boxes up stairs at a good pace, and I didn't tire despite a couple hours of heavy lifting. (For the record, sometimes this is bad for the team effort. Men who are older or who have some sort of ailment often feel like they have to "keep up with me," and that's often a bad thing.) It's a relief to know that, even though I am not at peak fitness, I am still fairly fit.

Okay. Need goals for the day.

1 - Can't find my fitbit (the kids love to steal it when I take it off for even a second), so I may just try to get to the gym this afternoon and do some heavy lifting.
2 - Be hungry today. Note - this does not mean I want to starve myself. I just want to get more comfortable with being hungry at 10, for example, but waiting until noon to eat, but still eating a reasonable amount. It's a skill I have difficulty possessing.

Have a great day today, everyone!
Old 07-06-2015, 12:01 PM   #506  
Diane

Ok, finally. I can access the website from work now. I do have a computer at home, but it is just pure torture to get on it after work.

I'm still working out and that part is going well. I am not enjoying my scale at all, but I think it is more a matter of me being undisciplined with my food plan. I'm trying to recommit this week and have a better week/month.

I'll post more later, but need to get back to work now.
Old 07-07-2015, 03:52 AM   #507  
★ Kelly ★

S/C/G: flawsome

Height: 5' 5

I'm on struggle street here, jeez its swings and roundabouts isn't it! I'm trying to keep it in check and will start kicking butt again on Monday. Going away with girlfriends this weekend so will be treats ahoy!! I know I can do this, I will not shoot myself in the foot.

Tomorrow is a big day for me, I'm going to a publuc pool with the kids, eeeek swimming togs and jelly legs. I'm not going to lie I'm terrified but has to be done ... and its snowing!!!!
MissLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:15 AM   #508  

Kelly - I am so proud of you! Swimming togs for the win! Have a great time at the pool, and a great weekend with the girls.

Diane - Woot! Work access again! Yay for the continued exercise.

Quick check-in for me. Having a hard time just focusing and getting stuff done at work, so I need to stay on it. I had a really good day today. Today is my son's birthday, though, so I made pancakes this morning. Taking him out to dinner tonight, and a cake this evening. Just going to go with the flow, be reasonable, and try to get a walk in early this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!
Old 07-07-2015, 11:22 AM   #509  

Still hanging in there. Getting prepared for the hearing on Wed. Found out the military is not even sending correct paperwork places.

This week is a high carb week so really not expecting any changes in the scale.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:37 AM   #510  
Diane

So good to be able to check in again. I went to Body Pump this morning. It was so hot/humid in there today. We aren't used to much humidity here, so it seemed really bad. One woman who is there a lot got really light headed, so she sat down for a while. She kind of irritated me because she kept trying to do stuff. Why don't you listen to your body and just stop??? She is probably about 60 and it pretty good shape, but then she has to put on this show of being so hard core athletic. Um, no, you're not. Get over yourself a little. Anyway, I went running last night, too. That's going pretty good! I had a good food day, so that makes 1 in a row. Trying to go for two today. I'm just taking it one day at a time to try to get some momentum back.

Jenni: Well, don't let the scale get to you, even if it is not a great number. I know that I put way too much of myself in to whatever that number shows. It can change my whole mood. Do better than I do!!!

Laurie: Good choice of words, to be reasonable!!! Hope you have a good day!

MissLoud: Yep, I know the rollercoaster effect of weight loss. Sometimes it is so great and things are going along so well, but then there are those struggle times..... Hang in there!