Old 04-29-2015, 04:08 AM   #286  
★ Kelly ★

S/C/G: flawsome

Height: 5' 5

So my fast day was a bust!! Too many kids not enough thinking about what I was jamming I my mouth ... soooo tomorrow's another day right?!

Paulitens - sounds like you are rocking the walking - love the idea of learning a language, need to start using my brain again. I shall go to Paris one day
MissLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:22 PM   #287  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

I so agree with the part of taking care of kids and not thinking enough what we put in our mouths, MissLoud! I think that's what gets us here in the first place.

Today I got on the treadmill for 1.75 miles or so. I could have done two but my knee was hurting really bad from last night. Oh, yeah, I have terrible knees so my favorite workout (walking and jogging on the treadmill) becomes quite difficult.

I die to go to France one day! I hope that French becomes my third language; I'm fascinated by it and by France. Now getting on the treadmill to study my French I get double the motivation--lose weight, gain knowledge.

Today I peeked at the 193.8 and it felt fabulous. I hope it sticks and see my 180s next week.
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 01:04 PM   #288  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all. Went to spin class this morning, and it was a great workout. I love it when you have those days when it is still difficult, but you also feel like you can handle it and it is easy to push harder. I’ll go running after work and the weather looks to be really good. I love 80 degree weather!

I decided to get on the scale this morning, just to check. I was down a couple of pounds, so hopefully I can hold on to that!! It’s funny… after the race last Saturday, I got on the scale Sunday morning and it was showing that I was up about 5 pounds. Horrifying! But, my legs were very sore and I felt really rundown. So, I was hoping it was just that my body was retaining water to help heal the muscles. On my official weigh in day, yesterday, I was back down but I had only lost .2 pounds for the week. I was ok with that. With the scale showing love this morning, I’m wondering if maybe the extra work on Saturday helped with losing a little. We’ll find out next week on the official weigh in. But the point of all of this is that now I’m wondering if there is a little something to learn from that, in that maybe you need to shake it up every once in a while and push to do something extra. I didn’t want to do any more 5k races, but I’m wondering if maybe I still need to plan my own event every month or so. I thought that maybe finding one of the trails around here that go up the mountain, or is a little less refined with dirt/rocks, etc. I’ll ponder that for awhile.

MissLoud: Oh yeah, those kids can totally distract you from your own goals. I totally get that! I like that you are putting it behind you and moving on with the day! That's the way to look at it!

Paulitens: Good news on the scale, that is great! Keep walking to the francais! 
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 05:36 PM   #289  
★ Kelly ★

I'm hearing yah Diane! I jumped on the scales this morning (just randomly) and I was down 3 pounds from the day before (lets hope its stays around that for my offical weigh in next week) I think mixing it up jolts the body. So I'm changing it up to weights and boxing I use to do Tai Bo back in the day, but his voice annoys me so much now I just cant! So going to hunt out some free weight workouts and boxing programs. Until my foot feels better I'm off the rower too as the straps were aggravating it. I think with exercise it helps in the long run but can't slow things as you build and repare muscle - well thats what Dr Google reckons lol

Also decided to use meal replacement shakes on my fasting days, takes out the guess work and then a big plate of vege for tea. Just have my father in law over from Oz and we have a full weekend with them so need to stay strong and not pick! I'm not sure about you guys but I'm a bit weird at telling people I'm trying to lose weight, I feel like they look at you differently - my father inlaws wife is a big lady, and quite possible the best cook ever lol so going to be hard!!!! She loooves to feed people.

Right off to the drop in gym with my little one, its raining cats and dogs so burn off some steam means for a quieter afternoon
Old 04-30-2015, 10:25 AM   #290  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Hi, Everyone:

I will be getting on a plane in a couple hours and will be gone until Monday. I will have my laptop with me and will ry to check in from my hotel if I have some down town.

I lost about half a pound this week... sigh. I know it is better than nothing, but I was hoping for more.

Sorry that I haven't been here much this week; I have been trying to get things wrapped up at work.

Hope everyone had a good week. Keep on keeping on everyone!
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 12:04 PM   #291  
On my way to -70

Well, the love the scale gave me yesterday morning was all good and all, but very short lived. I was 195.8 this morning. It's alright though, I splurged yesterday in the name of socializing with family and friends, so I'm at peace with it.

Back to the good life it is.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:31 PM   #292  
Diane

Boy, running was tough last night. It was about 82 degrees, but with no breeze. I went the normal route, so 3.25 miles, but I was feeling the heat quite a bit. I was very sweaty, but made it. I drank a lot of water, but ended up with a cramp in my leg overnight. I might need to go to the gym and run on the treadmill as it gets warmer. I thought I’d be able to handle it a little better, but the heat might be too much. I made it to Body Pump this morning, though.

Paulitens: Dang it! I hate it when the scale teases us. Oh well, you're still doing great.

Lotus: Yep, I know that feeling. Those less than a pound loss are just not that fulfilling and it is hard to remind yourself that it is still a loss. Maybe next time will be better.

MissLoud: Boxing would be cool! Way back, I did some cardio boxing and it was a pretty good class. I felt kind of stupid doing it at first, but it was a good workout. Sounds like you have a good plan!
Old 04-30-2015, 02:16 PM   #293  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Hi all!

15 weeks down, 25 weeks to go!

Another 3 pounds seems to have magically appeared and I'm not sure how it got there other than blaming it on baby, because I haven't been eating enough to put on that much in such a short time. Yeesh.

Glucose check is coming up on May 6, and then we should find out Team Blue or Team Pink on hubby's birthday! (June 3)
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 01:11 PM   #294  
On my way to -70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashnl View Post
Boy, running was tough last night. It was about 82 degrees, but with no breeze. I went the normal route, so 3.25 miles, but I was feeling the heat quite a bit. I was very sweaty, but made it. I drank a lot of water, but ended up with a cramp in my leg overnight. I might need to go to the gym and run on the treadmill as it gets warmer. I thought I’d be able to handle it a little better, but the heat might be too much. I made it to Body Pump this morning, though.

Paulitens: Dang it! I hate it when the scale teases us. Oh well, you're still doing great.

Lotus: Yep, I know that feeling. Those less than a pound loss are just not that fulfilling and it is hard to remind yourself that it is still a loss. Maybe next time will be better.

MissLoud: Boxing would be cool! Way back, I did some cardio boxing and it was a pretty good class. I felt kind of stupid doing it at first, but it was a good workout. Sounds like you have a good plan!
I applaud you for going for a run outside in that kind of weather! I feel even too lazy to get on the treadmill with AC in that kind of weather.

Yesterday was alright food-wise, but I didn't work out. I was busy, busy, busy. This morning I did work out/study French. Before the work out the scale said 194.6, after the workout it was 195.8 like in the last two days. That might be the weight I'm settling in for this week. I hope not! It wouldn't be enough! It would only be two ounces from last week. So I don't know... it's probably that I'm working out a bit and that might be building up muscle. Who knows.

Last edited by Paulitens; 05-01-2015 at 01:12 PM.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:58 PM   #295  
★ Kelly ★

Well I jumped on the scales this morning and I put on 4 pounds over the weekend lol - I know its not permanent but it's impressive how the scales can swing, two days of super on plan will fix that I hope. TOM is lurking so that doesn't help! I'm determined to win my challenge, but not enough to turn down my husbands stepmums awesome food lol. Now I did see a few flashes of 231ish so scales are finally tracking down! Now just got to knuckle down again. I have nothing on socially this week so no excuses right?!

Why is it I shoot myself in the foot??!!
Old 05-04-2015, 10:33 PM   #296  
On my way to -70

Oh, MissLoud I am SO with you! I was battling the blues in the last few days and something threw me over the edge on Saturday and totally ate a whole pizza by myself. Between Saturday and Sunday, that is. But still.

The damage this morning was 1.6 lbs since last week (197.6). Boo hoo hoo! But I'm back on the strait and narrow.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:09 AM   #297  
On my way to -70

Whew! I'm back on track! This morning the scale showed me some love; I was 195.6. I had a good day yesterday and I mean to keep that going. I would love to see the low 190s by next Monday, or maybe have a little peak at the 180s?

Old 05-05-2015, 12:00 PM   #298  
Diane

Still plugging along here. I lost a little over a pound last week. Slowly... but that's ok, too. I would really like to get below 220 soon! Running is going well, I really enjoyed it last night since I had a tough, stressful day. It just felt so good to get out there and listen to my music, looking at the geese/ducks, and the weather was great. Still working out in the mornings.

MissLoud: Social eating situations are just tough. Now that you're done with that, you can get back on track!

Paulitens: Hope you get to see 180's soon!
Old 05-05-2015, 09:31 PM   #299  
★ Kelly ★

Whoop a weee bit of scale love 1 whole pound. So nice seeing new numbers and getting really close to getting out of the darn 230s its been a loooong decade. TOM this week so not hopeful, as usuall my carb cravings have started just keep trudging on. Its the smallest I've been in about 8 years and I'm at the same weight I was when I met my husband.

Geez went bra shooping, what a sorry state of affairs, 2 kids and weightloss make for some deflated looking boobies - maybe I should start saving for surgery?!

Diane - I'm sure the 220s will be behind you soon, likewise Paulitens the 180s are calling!!
Old 05-07-2015, 05:20 AM   #300  
★ Kelly ★

Erg eating....... healthy snacks but can't stop