Old 04-18-2015, 12:23 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Hello Ladies!

Miss Uber *never give up* is BACK!!! Miss Loud, Diane, and Toasted, I'm so happy to see you guys still working it. Hello to anyone who doesn't remember me.

So, you all may remember that I live with my mom and my dad as well as two of my kids and my DH commutes back and forth from the other coast. My dad died in November and I thought I was coping for a while there but soon enough, I went completely and thoroughly OFF THE RAILS.

Yes, I have regained. But it could be worse as I have been exercising a lot more than before, so I'm in a good position to start up again.

The main thing I have to face it that I've gone back to a previous bad habit of nighttime eating. For years, I never ate at night. Then I started about eighteen months ago because I was under a lot of stress. I broke the habit until after my dad died and now I'm back at it.

I did weigh in today-- fully clothed, so I have an idea of how much damage I've done, but I'm going to do an "official" weigh in and change my ticker tomorrow.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 05:48 PM   #242  
★ Kelly ★

S/C/G: flawsome

Height: 5' 5

Uber its so great to see you back!!! Fighting the good fight is hard but you've started and that's the hardest. Loosing your dad would have left a huge whole, I'm still trying to find my way after my brother died and thats coming up 2 years! Hugs to yah

I'm still plugging away, I haven't lost anything since Christmas, just gained and lost the same 6 pounds - for some reason I keep shooting myself in the foot. I'm back at my lowest so I'm hoping a bit of scale action soon. But of course I had a bad day yesterday foodwise!! We had a day out with the kids and I kept it in check but a potluck tea sent me over the edge, had to try everyones right? And dessert, oh and 3 ciders so who knows what the scale will say! Back on track today and a fast day tomorrow, which I have promised myself I will stick too. I know I shouldn't put so much sway on good scale numbers but I need it at the moment

Okay so its not about me lol

Now Toasted Wordys not the only one to think maybe Mr can I run with you might be just using it as an excuse cos he likey likes you just saying. Although I'm with you on the exercising alone thing its seems to be the only time I get a quiet moment with 2 little boys and I crave that. Bumped into my mum while I was out waking Hank and I was a little disappointed because I had to listen to an hour of weight loss tips and you can do its instead of the birds in the trees and the river *sigh* I did get in an hours sewing though happy days.

Oh what did I say about it not being all about me lol!! You ladies really are doing awesome though who needs me! I'm going to ride on in on your coat tails xx

Last edited by MissLoud; 04-18-2015 at 11:35 PM.
MissLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:44 AM   #243  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all. Didn't make it on here yesterday. It was a busy day yesterday, with a lot of workout stuff. I ended up skipping running on Friday, because the weather was just too bad. I had planned to go home (since I forgot my running stuff anyway), and then go back into town to the gym for some treadmill running. Well, being home was too much of a good thing, so I decided to just stay home. Yesterday, I made up for it. I went to Body Pump, and then Body Flow in the morning. They were great workouts and I felt so good. Then, did the running around, groceries, etc, and went home to do laundry and stuff. I knew I kind of had a hangup with running on the treadmill at the gym, so later in the day, I grabbed my stuff and went to the gym just to see how I could do there. The thing is that the last time I tried running there, it was a disaster. That was a long time ago, though, so thought I'd try it. I'll tell you, it was amazing this time. I started kind of weak, but then got into my groove. The treadmill reset itself part way through, so I'm not completely sure of the exact mileage, but it was somewhere around 3 miles. I felt so good to be able to keep running the whole time. I was sweating like crazy, but I didn't feel like a fool out there, I actually felt like a runner. Ha!

Admittedly, today I'm paying for it all somewhat. My legs are very tired. I had a little trouble last night with sleeping since they were sore. But I'm glad I got it in.

Uber: So glad to see you back here!!! I knew that you're dad had died, and I figured that it was a lot to deal with, and I understood why you took a break. But I also knew you'd be back. At least I hoped you would be back!! You can now start working on getting back to being on plan, and breaking those bad habits! It's so hard to avoid them!!! But, I am so happy to see you!!!

Wordy: Good for you on your exercise! I read something a while back that was explaining that running doesn't necessarily have to hurt your knees, but that it can actually keep them stronger. But, you have to build up your time/distance slowly. So, I think you'll get there. It will probably take some patience, but you're doing so well!!!

MissLoud: Oh, I totally get you on the scale obsession. I can't leave it alone either. I try to just keep to two times a week, with only one of those being the official weight. Even though you might have been off plan for food one day, it sounds like you are getting right back on track. That's a great attitude!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 02:54 PM   #244  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

I am back!

Hi, Everyone:

To those of you who don't know me, let me introduce myself. In 2009, I lost about 55 pounds; one of the things that helped me the most was the support I received on 3FC. I gained the 55 pounds back, plus about another 20 pounds. I came back to 3FC off and on, and last year found this lovely group.

I posted here for a few months, but really could not find my "mojo" I would lose a little, gain it back... I was struggling. I think my last post was right before I took a quick trip with my daughter in early November.

At the end of that trip, shortly after my daughter and I landed at the airport, we went to dinner with my parents where I proceeded to pass out. When I came to, I was pretty disoriented. I went to the emergency room, and fortunately, they could not find anything wrong with my heart. A follow up to a neurologist hasn't uncovered anything serious either, which is good.

Since November, though, I gained an additional 14+ pounds (making my total weight gain since 2010 a whopping 91 pounds, which is hard to believe). I honestly just let go. I stopped coming here for the most part, although I did read some of the posts occasionally. About a month ago, I finally felt like I was at the point where I could and must do something about my weight and, more importantly, my health. I am happy to report that I have lost 13 of those 14 pounds in the last three weeks and am feeling motivated. Based on my past experiences, including my most recent struggles, I know that motivation comes and goes and the trick for me is to keep going even when I don't feel motivated.

I am happy to see so many of you that were here months ago still plugging away. You continue to inspire me! Uber, I am so glad to see that you are here again as well. I am sorry about your father.

Well, that's all for now. I am happy to be back!

LotusMama

Last edited by LotusMama; 04-20-2015 at 12:52 AM.
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 05:52 PM   #245  
★ Kelly ★

Wow look at everyone coming back to the fold! So lovely to see you back Lotus sorry to hear about your health scare, it would have given you a real fright, and yay 14 pounds!

Geez Diane you are really killing the running at the moment, go you. I have a serious aversion to gym so much admiration to yah. And just look at your ticker sooo close to the teens exciting

So good day yesterday, foodwise and excercise, yummy venison for tea. Its the roar so dad has filled our freezer with venison - yay free food! I'm not surre whats its like where you guys are but everything seems to be getting dearer! We are on one income and we struggle, if I didn't have a big garden and home kill meat I just don't see how we could eat healthy. I'm the queen of cheap eating lol

I think my funk is lifting, I'm going to book in for a hair cut this week to to see what they can do with this mop. From my research, dr google, looks like the hair loss is from the quick weight loss last year, I had it after I had the boys too - just seems to be my bodies way of dealing with stress, great Its growing back so maybe I shave it.

Last edited by MissLoud; 04-19-2015 at 06:15 PM.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:58 AM   #246  

Thanks, MissLoud--it is good to be back. This is such a great group!

Glad to hear that your funk is lifting--keep on keeping on.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:01 PM   #247  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys, I'm so excited uber and LotusMama are back!!! Squeeee! Awesome! My weekend was... o-kay, I suppose. I'm still struggling with gastritis-like symptoms, feeling a burning in my stomach when I don't eat, and then feeling nauseated for hours and overly full when I do. And one of my favourite things in the world, meat, seems to make my symptoms worse. So you'd think the rational thing, "oh it must be really easy for Toasted to stay on track because she can barely eat anything comfortably." Ha. If only! Comfort eating, galore! And then wallowing in discomfort later. #sigh I'm doing okay with exercise though. So there is that! I'm taking joy in the little things. Something is ALWAYS better than nothing so I'm grateful that I'm doing something with exercise and still trying with food!

Wordy: Yay with the running even in the unpleasant weather! You're doing excellent! But you're probably right to take this slow and build up to where you want to get to even if you feel you can do more. Praying hard that your body cooperates and before you know it you're back running miles! And yay the scale! Rock it Wordy, rock that scale! Also great job sticking with you recommitment plan even in the face of infamous Chipotle (infamous because I've never had it myself but I've read several American modern ode's to it's black magic yummilicious addictiveness). You're a rockstar! Keep going!

Uber: I'm so glad you're back. I wonder about you often and I'm glad to know you're okay. I'm so sorry about your dad's passing and I can only imagine how hard it must be and I think a regain under the circumstances isn't bad. And with exercise already up and running, you're already back on the horse a bit. Something is always better than nothing is my mantra. Nighttime eating is a beast. I had to give myself a "do or die" eating cut off time to overcome that... I know you have this though. The one advantage of being a reloser is knowing that we CAN be successful... it's just the putting it together that's hard.

Kelly: I'm so sorry you ran into your mom and had to undergo the unwanted weight loss lecture. There's very little worse in life than an unwanted lecture, but when it's about something sensitive like weightloss, nails on a chalkboard! You made it through without screaming so yeah, #winning And I know there are are some virtuous people who can turn down dessert, I admire them greatly even as I wonder at them, but I'm not one of them so I get it. Yay on being on the low end of that dreaded 6 lbs, you can do it! And btw, losing and gaining the same 6 lbs is MUCH better than gaining several bunches of 6 lbs. My 20+ lb weight gain (not followed by a subsequent re-loss) in 6 weeks last summer proves this and that's not even tackling the 2013-2014 20 lbs before that! But I get you about never wanting to see those 6 lbs again. Also I totally agree about weightloss making your hair fall out. I shed like a cat when I average 1200 calories. AND I have fine hair too. Hairstylists can work wonders so please let us know how that works out. My dream is to have a commercial micro farm and grow herbs and micro veg and berries- things that we don't grow normally where I am and are usually all (uber expensive) luxury imports... forget that I have a brown thumb that kills basil, in my mind, I'm going to have my green houses and do this one day. So I'm filled with envy and admiration that you grow stuff that actually feeds your family! That's amazing!

Diane: You're a runner, fitness warrior par excellence! I won't have it said otherwise! Even on the weekend! Two-a-days?!!! I'm in awe as always! Go you go!

Lotus: I'm so glad you're back and also that your health scare turned out to be nothing too bad! But so scary! And what a wake up call!!! And 13 lbs down from the highest is more than on your way! Motivation is a fickle master and something I struggle with definitely and this group definitely helps me. Just being around you guys pushes me if not back to the motivation train, to at least not completely go off the rails. In real life, I do this by myself and it's fine, but I doubt very much I could succeed without you all.

Alright guys... I was super late to work today #tsk because I skipped my run because I felt indigested but last minute decided to do a HIIT workout video and that through me off. Anyway, I feel like I need to put in at least another couple of hours into the day for fairness' sake even though it's nearly 5pm... I hope everyone is having a fabulous on-plan day. Be blessed guys!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 01:05 PM   #248  
Diane

Hi all! So good to see some friends returning to the thread!! That’s exciting! Had a good weekend, and I registered for the 5K race on Saturday, so I’m committed. We’ll see how it goes. It is a benefit race, raising money for a baby girl who was born with a heart problem and needs surgery. So, not super competitive, and I shouldn’t be nervous. So, why am I nervous? I guess not having run a race before is getting to me a little. It is definitely something I’ve wanted to do for a long time, and I’m glad I’m doing it. I don’t know that I’ll do it again, depends on how it goes. I went to Spin class this morning, but I’m altering my running this week. Normally, I go running on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, but I’m going Tuesday and Thursday this week so I can prepare for the race. I think that once the race is over, then I’m just going to work on increasing speed first, and then maybe add distance later. I think that I need little goals to keep myself going. I know that the running has helped with weight loss, so that keeps me going anyway, but I need to look past the scale occasionally. I guess that overall, things are clicking well for me again. It took so long to get it back together after letting myself slide a little over the holidays. I can’t let that happen again.

Lotus: I am so happy to see you again!!! What a scare you had! I hope that everything continues to go well for you, congrats on the 13 pounds already. Nice way to get it rolling again!

MissLoud: Glad to hear that your funk is lifting. It just takes some time to work through all of that! My family is big into hunting and fishing, so I have some elk and trout in the freezer. I really like having it on hand since meat is so expensive most of the time. For other meat, I try to just watch for sales. So, yep, I know budgeting and economy issues!

Wordy: Good job on the 7+ pound drop! Your recommitment is working well. I think that walking can be really beneficial, so if you are race walking, I'm sure you are really getting your heart rate up! I am not a fast walker, so that would be a struggle for me! Way to go!

Toasted: Sorry you are still having the gastro issues. No fun at all! Sounds like you are still staying in the game, though. Proud of you!
Old 04-20-2015, 03:55 PM   #249  

Thanks for welcoming me back! I have really missed everyone here.

Toasted: Sorry to hear about your gastro issues. I also struggle with them from time to time. In never really had gastro issues until the last year or so and they really are miserable. I hope that you can get some relief.

Wordy: Wow! Congrats on your weight loss! That is definitely motivating! And, great job on your workouts. Sounds like you are really hitting your stride.

Diane: I admire your consistency; you are so steady in your approach to weight loss and it has really paid off for you. I am also excited to hear about the 5K this weekend. Good for you for signing up! I have always wanted to do one as well.

Hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 04-20-2015, 08:09 PM   #250  

Hi Everybody! Thanks for the welcome back!

Diane A 5K! How exciting! Glad to see that you are still going strong with all of your workouts.

Wordy Nice to meet you.

LotusNice to see you again! Passing out sounds really scary, and gaining 91 lbs since 2010? I get that. But being down 13 is also FANTASTIC!

Kelly Glad you're getting your hair done! I know I lost SO MUCH hair with my 3rd pregnancy (I have four) and it never completely grew back the way it was-- mine was super thick and way to curly so honestly I like it a little better this way.
Toasted Thank you for the welcome back! Sorry about the gastritis. My daughter has the same problem and she really struggles with it. Hope you find a solution for it soon!

Well, as for me. I was really back to my old ways-- night-time eating, eating candy... and I am frankly frustrated about the whole thing. I wish I was the type to lose and then creep up... but honestly I have a real awful boom and bust cycle. I maintain a good amount of discipline and lose but eventually some life drama breaks my concentration and the next thing you know I'm not just not DIETING but you would think I was on a mission to gain weight. Then finally I reach a point where I just can't take it any more and I rope it back in.

You know what inspired me to get with the program? I got a Brazilian blowout for my curly hair and I was so excited about my pretty smooth locks that I didn't want to be fat anymore.

Feeling pretty good and ready to go AGAIN.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:20 PM   #251  

Uber--I am so happy to see you back!

I love Brazilian blowouts. I get them occasionally even though my hair isn't curly--it makes it so manageable and I tend to have a lot of good hair days when I have it done.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:44 PM   #252  
★ Kelly ★

So here i am avoiding the chocolate hot cross buns in the kitchen

Uber I have a time when the kitchen is shut for the day - 8pm so I go brush my teeth lol. I feel your boom and bust pattern though I'm definitely and all or nothing kind of girl you can do this, you've done it before just look forward and don't think if only.

Toasted I'm so sorry your gastro is giving you jip. I hope it sorts itself soon

Diane you've registered for the race! Super awesome, are you doing it on your own or with someone. You'll smoke it!!

Wordy oh my from what I've heard Chipotle is awesome, me I had a craving for good old KFC hot and spicy - I know all class ah.

*Sigh* everyones exercising is making me feel incredibly lazy! I have great plans but I'm always beat by the end of the day, one of my friends is looking after my little one tomorrow morning so will go for a big walk and row tonight. Weigh in tomorrow dun dun dun .....

So greatful for a busy thread!! Laurie where are you?!

Last edited by MissLoud; 04-20-2015 at 09:49 PM.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:14 AM   #253  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys. So yesterday went alright. I more or less stuck to plan and I had a good digestion day so I'm pretty thankful about that and feeling hopeful about today. I went running this morning even though I woke up feeling so tired like "no, not today." It's true what they say, I never come back from a workout feeling like "yeah I should have slept the extra hour instead." Tomorrow is "Weigh In Wednesday" but I'm not too hopeful. I'm super sore from my HIIT workout yesterday. I hadn't done jiump squats and burpees in so long, my knees and back are all "girl, you've lost your darn mind, what are you thinking!" In my mind though, one workout in with a few squats and my bum looks perkier so I'm not too whiney. Obviously, I know this is NOT true but still #mileycyrustwerk #orsomething

Diane: Wooot signing up for your race on Saturday! I totally get the nerves. It's one thing to KNOW you can do it, it's quite another to know you're ACTUALLY do it! You're going to be great though! I'm so excited for you.

uber: Yay Brazilian Blowout for bringing you back to us! I think that's great motivation. We're all to awesome to be limited by something we can change really! That's why we're here. Working on it. Because we kind of rock. And in some cases, have great hair as well!

Lotus: I've struggled with stomach issues for a bit but mostly latent issues that I don't notice if I stay away from trigger foods. It's only this year that they've become... well.. a pain! I empathise with you completely. Gastro problems are really the pits!!! But they won't still my joy! I'm also hopeful for relief. Staying on plan helps... but if staying on plan was easy, I'd be a skinny mini by now... #tsk How's your plan going?

Kelly: You have little people you're corralling. There's NO WAY you should feel lazy. I workout for like an hour and the rest of the time I literally (in the literal sense- because literally has a different meaning in the modern way) sit or lie down and only get up for snacks and toilet breaks. And I like it. I'm incredibly lazy. I'm the sort of person who lies 5m from the tv remote control and imagines inventing some kind of telekinetic system that floats the remote over into my hand... You look after your kids, walk pets, AND look after other people's kids sometimes too. You're amazing! Your "go" is all day. Everytime I babysit little ones, it reminds me how lazy I am.

Anyho... here's wishing you guys a fab day! Blessings to all!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 01:25 PM   #254  

Hi Everybody Thank you for all the welcome backs! I did the dreaded weigh in and it was (gulp) 273. I can't believe that I packed on 25-30 lbs (I was holding at about 248 before the regain) I didn't go up a size... but what I've noticed is that now (I'm 53 and post-change of life) that instead of gaining in my stomach butt and hips, I gain in my upper body-- arms and neck. YUCK.

So, a few reflections.

1. I've decided to focus on not bingeing instead of really focusing on losing.
2. I'm exploring mindfulness meditation as a way of working on my stress.
3. I'm considering looking into medication. I know that there are some new medications that are supposed to help with cravings.
4. I learned some anti-bingeing mental techniques that do seem to help me get the binges under control-- they work until I abandon them, but I'm working them again.
5. I am really SICK TO DEATH of this roller coaster

So, umber's current plan.

1. work on stress reduction techniques.
2. exercise daily for enjoyment
3. eat three healthy meals a day
4. No eating after dinner. Eat at meals. No eating alone. No buying foods especially to binge on.

Last edited by ubergirl; 04-21-2015 at 01:31 PM.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:37 PM   #255  
Diane

Hi all. Well, I weighed in today and am exactly the same weight as last week. I'm ok with that though. I had a big loss last week and I was afraid of going up this week. I prefer to see the losses, but I really don't need any regains. Had a surprise TOM, so that made me nervous too. I'm not very consistent with those anymore. I wish they'd completely disappear, but that's not happening.

It felt kind of strange last night, not running. But I'll go tonight. I went to Body Pump this morning, and it was good. I'll have to be careful at lunch today. I didn't pack one, so I need to go get something. That can be dangerous.

Uber: Well, you have the weigh in out of the way now. You can move forward! I like your plan and I'm sure you'll do well with it!! I'm just glad to see you posting!!

Toasted: Yay for you, going for a run when you weren't sure you really wanted to get out of bed! That's the way to be! I used to use an avatar on myfitnesspal that says "You're only one workout away from a good mood". It is so true!

MissLoud: I agree with Toasted... you have a lot to keep you active with having a little one. Don't be too hard on yourself!! As for my race, I'm doing it alone. I had a friend that was going to do it with me, but she hurt her back and hasn't been able to get back to it. That's ok, I'd kind of like to do it alone.

Lotus: So good to see you posting!!