Old 03-25-2015, 12:11 PM   #181  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

Height: 5'6"

Mandy - Congratulations! Very cute announcement too!

Mind if I jump right in here? I've regainer, reloser for about 15 years I did pretty well from 19ish to 23 until I got pregnant and gained 70 lbs. I haven't really been able to keep those off in the past 6 years due to getting pregnant again and going nuts. Rinse and repeat.

My youngest is almost 9 months now, so it's time to really get serious. I've been fighting the same 10 pounds since October, but I feel more determined and like that "I can do this" switch has finally been flipped. You know the feeling when you finally know it's going to happen this time? I'm so there.

Anyways, I love accountability and this group seems like a good fit as far as understanding my frustration. I'm down my first 10 lbs now. Here we go weight loss!

Last edited by Nagazim; 03-25-2015 at 12:12 PM.
Nagazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 01:08 PM   #182  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Nagazim: Welcome! Yep, we all totally get where you are coming from! But, sounds like you have a good plan going forward!

Mandy: Sorry about the food aversions. Hopefully that will pass! I'm sure that it really limits what you can cook!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:22 PM   #183  
★ Kelly ★

S/C/G: flawsome

Height: 5' 5

Hi Nagazim!

Just a quick check in! Erg the dreaded scale bounce is happening, funny how easily I get discouraged. Still on plan but the scales are randomly wavering around, will stick to it but needed to vent a bit. Bodies are weird

Hope all you ladies who aren't managing to post are doing okay - ((hugs)) if you aren't

Last edited by MissLoud; 03-26-2015 at 08:33 PM.
MissLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 01:25 PM   #184  
Diane

Hi! So happy that it is Friday!!! This has been a stupid long week. I'm not feeling very patient with coworkers today. This is a day for headphones.

Workouts are going well and running is great. I am finishing up week 8 of C25K. It's been good, so I guess that pretty much finishes up the program. They have a part after it that you can use to just keep practicing for the 5K race. So, I'll use that after this week. I need to figure out where I am with speed on the full 5K distance and then hopefully get it better before the end of April. I really thought this was a good program.

I seem to be having a better week with food plan. I guess I'll find out for sure on Monday. I'm still thinking Monday is a bad time for weigh in, but I'm not sure I should change it. I think it is more that I need to remain more disciplined over the weekend!

Wordy: It is hard to stay disciplined all the time with food. But boy does it make a difference. I totally get what you're saying! It seems like I relaxed just too much over the Christmas holiday, and it has been ridiculously difficult to get the absolute discipline I had before. I guess we just keep trying!!

MissLoud: Sorry to hear of your scale issues. Stupid scales!!!! Hang in there with us and we'll all work hard to get it going the right way!!
Old 03-27-2015, 03:57 PM   #185  
★ Kelly ★

Thanks ladies I needed that! I am hoping its ovulation, anyone else put on around then? Or am I grasping at straws I've decided to weigh myself on 2 days a week, Mondays for my graph and Wednesdays for my weigh in with my girlfriends and will try and stay off between then its doing my head in.

Diane sounds like you are on a roll I hope the scales reflect that!

Lol Wordy you sound like me I'm okay if I don't start but if I have a wine or chips my promises go out the window. Its like a gate opens that I can't close. I seem to be getting better but I'm constantly waiting for the bubble to burst.

Off to a 5 year olds birthday party today, erg chips and cake!!!
Old 03-29-2015, 11:25 AM   #186  
Diane

Hi all. I love Sundays. They are my rest day, so I get really relaxed. I went for a long walk with my daughter yesterday and was really feeling tired last night, so really happy to be resting. I have to be careful with food today though. I tend to get too relaxed on everything... then I lose all discipline.

MissLoud: I think that is a good idea to limit yourself on the weigh ins. I think that sometimes, it is good to watch the scale everyday, if you're ok with the fluctuations. I do it sometimes when I need to be really disciplined. But then, like you said, if it starts messing with my head, I back off and go to 1 or 2 times per week only. Oh the fun of weight loss tracking...

Wordy: Thanks for the kind words. It is funny you mention that about me not having pain or injuries. I have kind of been surprised at not having too much going on that way. The only thing I've noticed is that my legs are really tired and almost achy by the end of the week. But that goes away. And then my neck gets stiff on the left side, going down into my back. I think this is from running, so I think I must run somewhat crooked? I don't know. If it gets too bad, I'll have it checked out, but for now it is tolerable.

Have a good weekend everyone!
Old 03-29-2015, 11:40 AM   #187  

S/C/G: 228/213.8/150

Height: 5'7

Hey Ladies!
I've been such a bad 3fc poster lately, Life has just been crazy busy, but I need to focus on myself, my health, and changing my life style. The only way I seem to have success is when I am here as a constant poster. So, My commitment to myself this next month is to post every day. (with the exception being April 16-20 due to my sister's wedding.) I miss chatting with you guys and seeing how you all are coming along in your progress!

As for me, I went to the OB/Gyne last week and had some blood work done for fertility ( this round came up good), I go back next week for more blood work, and my hubby has to get tested yet as well. *fingers crossed* In the mean time, I better work on getting healthy. I quit smoking today :/
Skinnygirldreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 11:59 AM   #188  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Default Still here!

Good morning! I had my 4 week weigh in today and I have lost 14 pounds. The first time I did IP I lost quickly. I lost 120 pounds and regained 80. I am back with a much better game plan, support, and with the understanding that I will never be able to eat the way my addicted mind likes to eat. I am a diabetic that was able to stop insulin when I lost the huge amount last time. Last week I was put back on insulin, but they are supporting this diet. I am not losing so dramatically, but I am losing. It has been hard to try to fit into some of the groups here this time. I hope I relax a bit about this. I am following the plan.

Have a great weekend!
rosemary2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 12:06 PM   #189  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnygirldreams View Post
Hey Ladies!
I've been such a bad 3fc poster lately, Life has just been crazy busy, but I need to focus on myself, my health, and changing my life style. The only way I seem to have success is when I am here as a constant poster. So, My commitment to myself this next month is to post every day. (with the exception being April 16-20 due to my sister's wedding.) I miss chatting with you guys and seeing how you all are coming along in your progress!

As for me, I went to the OB/Gyne last week and had some blood work done for fertility ( this round came up good), I go back next week for more blood work, and my hubby has to get tested yet as well. *fingers crossed* In the mean time, I better work on getting healthy. I quit smoking today :/

Oh my gosh, how exciting for you! My main goal this time is feeling better and getting healthy. You have such fabulous goals, you will be a success on this plan. Good luck!
rosemary2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 11:40 AM   #190  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Hey ladies!

The end of Lent approaches with the insanity that is Holy Week (at least in a pastor's house!) and we've been a little busy with various church goings on, and hubby working on a bajillion sermons and me trying to keep him sane as he tries to write sermons while putting out fires (we live in Indiana, you may have heard of the law controversy, people are being super nasty on both sides of it).

Very much looking forward to Sunday and announcing to the world that there's a bun in the oven... and Monday when we can just sit down and relax and I can take care of hubby while he comes down from the craziness.

Hope you all are having a good day!
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 11:43 AM   #191  
Momof4

Wordy - I think we all really want to find that simpler way to lose the weight. I've experimented 100 different ways but I know strict diet and exercise is what gets it for me. Specifically Paleo. My body just really thrives with it and I'll convince myself that I should just calorie count and relax some and my weight rises right back up. Lower carb is my friend, avoiding dairy clears up my digestive horrors. It's a sad truth.

Slashnl - Did you truly start c25k from the couch? Or were you fairly active already? I found a c25k Zombie run app that I really like but have yet to commit to try the runs consistently since I'm not a runner and I feel like I'll need my husband to come find me passed out on our trail somewhere.

Skinnygirldreams - Congrats on a good report from the dr! And way to go on quitting smoking! The first week is the hardest! Good luck! You can do it!

Rosemary - Great loss! Sounds like IP is working great for you! Good luck with the next weigh in! How long did it take you to lose all that weight the first time?

I'm pretty amazing at sabotaging myself. Last week I made it 8 full days on plan. That's over my normal rut. I leaped over that rut. I think I expect that if I avoid cheetos for a day then I should lose a pound the next day. It's a silly mindset and when I don't see a loss daily, I feel like it's not worth it. I may be crazy This past adventure ended in 3 days in a row of no loss then a new weekend hit and I was like "Ugh I've cooked every meal for 8 days... dishes.. all those dishes. Let's go out!" I have to stay away from fast food period. All together, no going out. Of course when you go from completely fresh, real foods to out to eat, there's a pretty significant water weight flux. I think I"ll set goals for the next bit too. My goal is 12 days perfectly on plan. No going out. Tons of water. Post daily. It's just 12 days. Then hopefully 12 turns into 14 into 20 into new habits. I'm also going to swap to weekly weigh ins after my initial water weight flushes.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:50 AM   #192  
Momof4

(( We three were posting at the same time! ))

Wordy - sorry your toe is giving you troubles still. At least you're being able to find alternative exercises! Good for you! Planning ahead with social settings is always setting yourself up for success. You're on fire!

Fera - I know you're happy the last week's countdown has begun. We waited to tell people about #3 until I was 15ish weeks (mainly because she was close to #2 and we didn't want the "Do you know what birth control is?" talks on fb. *eyeroll*). Glad you'll be able to relax in all aspects come Monday!

Last edited by Nagazim; 03-30-2015 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:22 PM   #193  
Diane

So, finally! I had a good weigh in today. I went down 2.6 pounds. I was looking at my numbers for this year and I'm only down 8 pounds for the past 3 months. But, I guess it is down, so that's good. But so slow. A variety of reasons, I'm sure, but I'm ready to see some better losses. I have to just remind myself to be patient... I'm not giving in!! I think I have a better grasp on my eating now and that should help. I think the freedom I gave myself in December was not a good thing at all. Besides gaining 6 pounds that month, I got too far away from my disciplined approach. Anyway, onward...

Went to spin this morning, a good workout always. Then, running tonight. Who would have thought that I would like running? But, I do look forward to it. Then, on to Body Pump tomorrow.

Nagazim: I was definitely NOT a runner before starting the C25K program, but I had been working out prior to starting it. I had mainly been doing Spin classes for cardio and then body pump. But I started from day 1 and I think they only have you run for about 60 or 90 seconds at a time. And that was ALL I COULD DO. And there were a couple of weeks that I repeated because I didn't feel like I was really on top of them. But I think it is a good program and worked for me. I'm pretty fortunate that I didn't have a lot of pain or injuries from it too. Good luck on your new commitment!! You have a good plan and I know you'll be successful!

Mandy: I'm sure it is a hectic week for you and hubby! Can't wait to hear how everyone reacts when they finally know!!

Wordy: Good job on the workouts!! Sounds like you're getting some good exercise in!

Rosemary: Welcome! I hope you have great success!

SkinnyGirl: Good to hear from you!! Wishing you the best with the doctors!
Old 03-30-2015, 08:24 PM   #194  
★ Kelly ★

Yay Diane!!! So pleased you got some joy from the scale demons! Mine were a bit mean this week having me 2 pound different on consecutive days, I'm going to start weighing on Wednesdays and just make it once a week cos its doing my head in

Mandy so exciting you get to share your wonderful news with the world soon. Sounds like a busy time of year for you.

We have a lovely 5 day weekend with Southland Anniversary day tacked on to Easter. Looking forward to chilling with my boys! Also have a couple of friends coming down to Invercargill. Then my father inlaw has decided to come back from Oz for a couple of weeks, the boys will be able to finally meet him which will be special. Hmm now to try and keep myself on track, I'm soooo sick of bouncing around this number I want to well and truely be in the 220s by the time they get here at the end of April. I commit to a month of being on plan and to going to bed before 11 (now if only my 2 year old would get his molars that have been threatening to come through)

Nagazim good luck with sticking to plan, its always worked for me giving myself a certain amount of days to aim for, they soon add up! Keep posting you can do it!!

Wordy so sorry your gammy toe is playing up again, biking sounds like a great alternative maybe swimming (says she with an accute aversion to swimming togs!) Or rowing?? Love my rowing! I don't know if it helps but with a social wee wine I do half and half with soda water?? Maybe not for a pinot though lol

Hey Skinnygirl and Rosemary!! Great to see some more posters!! Liven up the place

Last edited by MissLoud; 03-30-2015 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:32 PM   #195  
Diane

Hi all. Running last night was pretty good. It feels like Mondays are tougher. I don't know if it is just that it has been a couple of days not running or if it is just because it is Monday. It was a little hot last night, too. I love this warmer weather, but I might have to break down and wear some shorts instead of the capris (kind of scary). Body pump this morning, too. Good workout, but now my legs feel a little shaky.

I got home a little late last night, so we ended up having canned soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. I told my husband that I was sorry that it was a pathetic dinner. And then I made a comment about being such a loser. He said that I wasn't a loser, that I was just trying to do some good things for myself (meaning the running and workouts) and that was a great thing to do! How nice! He's not one to be overly supportive, which is fine, so it was nice to hear that. I think he knows how much I like doing it, and hopefully likes that I look and feel better.

Wordy: Don't worry about complaining about your toe. That must be so frustrating as you try to workout or walk. You shouldn't have to deal with a pain in your toe! Congrats on the day 4 of 16! You'll just keep adding up the time!

MissLoud: Good job on making the one month commitment. You can do it! You have a lot to look forward to, so that helps keep you on track!