Old 03-02-2015, 01:19 PM   #136  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all. Just a quick post today. I went to Spin this morning and if the weather is good, I'll do W6D1 of C25K tonight. Had an off plan weekend, for the most part, so I have to get back on track today.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 01:50 PM   #137  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys, not much to report except my mother's birthday started/allowed me to continue a (weeklong) binge which led to food poisoning so not great. But sick as a dog or not, I'm back on track mostly because I've lost interest in food but hopefully, it's a wake up call and I'm back on "it."

I feel very tender in the stomach like a hurlaholic so I'm wearing my at-home bra (y'all know what I mean- the one that makes the girls look like you've given up on life and hotness that you only wear to be decent around relatives at home) at the office at 7.30pm and walking gingerly because too much bounce in my step makes me nauseated. But I'm still vain though, so I've got a big pashmina wrapped around myself and bright orange pointy-toed flats and everyone is complimenting my shoes and my scarf and it doesn't matter that my chest is around my belly-button. Sigh... This paragraph is supposed to be about exercise. I didn't do any. In short.

Jessica: I hope you're feeling much better. Self-realization is awesome! And yay ComicCon and sweet significant other children.

Wordy: Ouch about your toe! I hope it's not really re-broken. Yay weight loss! 5 lbs of weight off is awesome! And fingers crossed you don't see a bounce from a night out of celebration. I'm hoping you finally get to settle soon- all this moving around and long trips, you're a rockstar for sticking with it and still making so much progress! You show that change doesn't have to mean change of on plan. #MyInspiration

Mandy: I'm still super excited about your little on. Sorry s/he is making you vomitous though. I have nausea sympathy but mine come from poor food decisions rather than the miracle of life. Yours is for a much better cause! I hope you were able to have a good night out.

Diane: Yay Week 6. I'm going to restart or continue week 6 this week when I feel better so at least we get to be buddies in this for the last (and hardest) few weeks.

Laurie: Yay staff and having help! I hope this lightens your load and makes things easier for you. How did the workout plan go? Looking forward to your check in.

Okay guys, I get to leave for home now. I'm saving my days off including sick days because I have a lot of (fun) travel planned this year and so I need every extra day I can which makes days like today when I'm dragging worth it. Many times at my on-plannest, I can't believe I can be the sort of person who eats myself sick. But I am. And that's something I need to deal with. At least I've learned my lesson... for now, well hopefully forever, but right now sweeping statements feel a little dramatic. And I've gotten the shock I need to my soul to stop being such a rabid muncher and make better decisions. I hope you guys are all well and healthy and having rocking on plan days! Hugs everyone.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 01:02 PM   #138  
Diane

Hi all. Went to Body Pump this morning. It was good, but even better when this guy I hadn't seen for a long time at the gym came up and told me that I look really good and looked like I was half the size I was when he saw me last. He had a really bad bike accident last April, so it has been a while. So, it was nice to hear that. Even though I am kind of stuck right now on the scale. I didn't get to run yesterday. I went to the gym with the intention of running, but it was so incredibly crowded, I couldn't stand it. I got a treadmill, but it was so loud and so many people around, I just had to leave. So, never doing that again. Even if it is raining, then I'll just put up with the weather. UGH! So, I'll try again tonight at the park.

Today is a lunch and learn at work, regarding nutrition and fitness. I am looking forward to it. It is really bad how excited I am about the menu! It just sounds really good to me, and a nice change of pace from what I usually have, so way too happy about it!

Wordy: Glad to hear your house is sold, but sorry to hear about the loss in your family. It sounds like a good idea to take some time to regroup and spend time with family. The fruit sounds good, but I'm like you, I don't eat much fruit.

Toasted: Hope you are feeling better! That sounds like no fun at all. I definitely wouldn't worry about exercise while you are struggling through all of that!

Laurie: Hope you're having a good on plan day!!
Old 03-04-2015, 12:19 PM   #139  
Diane

Went to spin this morning. It was packed. They turned away 5 people. This Wednesday class is just insanely popular. There are probably about 4 people who go to the class right before mine and then stay for both. I'm not sure I see the logic in that, since I don't think that 2 hours of spin is all that great for you. And, I think it would be a little more courteous for them to let others have a chance to be in the class. I'll just keep getting there early to get one of the precious bikes available.

I did W6D1 of C25K last night. It went pretty well. I like to have a day between, but not today. I'm going to go back out to do W6D2 after work. I need to get back on schedule since Monday was a wash out. They have soccer starting up now, so I might have to change my route slightly.

So, this lunch yesterday was really good, both the speaker and the food! But she said something that made me think about possibly making a little change. She suggests getting 3 days of strength training. I only do 2 right now. So, I might add another body pump class on Saturday, before the body flow class. I don't know if that will be too much, but we'll see. Or I might just do some lifting on my own on Saturday. Have to think about it.

Wordy: Glad you are doing better and are healing! Oh, and on the fruit issue, I do think that fruit and veggies definitely cause extra noise in the bathroom!! What we have to endure in the name of being healthy!!
Old 03-04-2015, 02:17 PM   #140  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Hey all

The concert on Saturday night was amazing. I was only 7 rows back, and got some really decent pictures (you can recognize a- that it's a person, and b- who the person is if you're a fan). Bonus: I managed to eat all of my dinner, and keep it down! I only almost threw up one time during the concert, but managed to stop it.

So, still vomit-less during this pregnancy so far (knock on wood) and hoping I can keep it that way. I can handle the nausea, bad as it is sometimes, but I don't think I'd be as happy if I was vomiting regularly, too.

Today puts me at 7 weeks in (if you go by how doctors count pregnancy weeks) and just 6 more weeks until I'm hopefully out of the walking zombie phase. Learning all sorts of new stuff, the nitty gritty stuff nobody talks about when it comes to pregnancy. Luckily, all I'm experiencing so far is the exhaustion, nausea, and frequent peeing.

Super excited for Easter to get here, because that's when we'll be publicly announcing and I can stop biting my tongue around, well, everyone. This is NEWS people, and I want to tell everyone!

In other news, it's snowing again and I haven't seen my back yard without a layer of snow since President's day.

Hope you all are having a fabulous day!
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 12:44 PM   #141  
Mini Goal 1- 199

Hey my peoplezzz! Okay so I feel much better (and finished my antibiotics, score!) and am therefore in a better, chirpier mood. I've got my exercise done two days in a row (C25k Week 6) and got my fitbit to chirp 10,000 steps at me both days. Okay so fine yesterday wasn't great on plan (unless you're like MFP and eat back exercise calories) and today, a fast day and my boss's birthday, is not likely to be very "fast-y" either. I'm going to be good on normal day calories but this is not going to be a 500-calorie day as planned. I'm feeling better and happier and more in the zone even if things are still super busy work wise. Hopefully by tomorrow/next week, things get back to where I can talk with you awesome people every week.

Wordy: Yay good moods. I'm in one right now too. I was in a moderately good mood but then I read how bubbly you were and I'm now bubbly too. Don't sweat the upward bounce of the scale. It's already on its WEIGH down ( see what I did there now I know I know) You know your body AND it's water retention issues add to which you're musculo-skeletally injured which attracts a lot of fluid. You're awesome, still getting a work out in. I'd be lying with my leg elevated and a bright-coloured icy drink in hand. Having a snack because salt and sugar make my hurts feel better (in my mind) and yet you're facing nausea and pain to get yourself around! AWESOME DOT COM DOT NET DOT YOO ESS!

Diane: Heyyy! Yay workouts! Wow on Wild Wednesdays over at the spin. What makes Wednesdays so popular at spin? How was W6D2? I did it today and I found it A LOT harder than the treadmill. I was back to my running best on the treadmill last week able to go for 30 minutes plus. This is my first extensive outdoor running experience and it's full of lessons. I always feel like I'm barely jogging outside (like I feel like I'm moving really slowly) but then when I get on the treadmill, my speeds have improved soooo much- I'm writing faster for longer. The progress is slower going outside though. What's your experience.

Mandy: I'm so glad you weren't in the binocular zone at the concert. Yay at keeping the vomits at bay in spite of the nausea. You're a rockstar. I'm sooo excited for you and for you to get your news out! One month today till Easter! And then by that time, you'll be only 2 weeks to the glowy, lovely, pregnant and fabulous phase! You're always in my prayers now for you and your little one to have a wonderfully easy, beautiful and healthy and safe pregnancy and birth!

Alright guys, I hope you're all well and happy and having great on plan days. We can do it! I have a lot more left to say but I need to stop because maybe, possibly, I can go home now if I slither out in this tiny window (not a literal window because I just imagined myself slithering out a window of any size, not to talk of a tiny window, and getting stuck- obvs I mean window of opportunity) and I want to send this before I leave so it gets out for sure today unlike yesterday's post.

Wordy: Heyyyy!!! You ninja'd me! (I didn't escape out of my tiny window in the end. I guess I did get stuck. Oh well...)It takes me 8 hours these days to chat with you guys because of the interruptions but yay getting used to fruit. I used to be a real fruit eater but ever since "the dramatic emergency intestinal blockage of 2012" every fruit apart from berries hurts my stomach which isn't helpful because there aren't many/any tropical berries so they're super expensive and hard to find here. I find veggies to be a lot kinder to the stomach other than the frequent traveller (to the toilet) trips they bring about. I'm glad you're adjusting though. There's very little more satisfying than a worthy toot so toot away. Let your bowel make it's music... Ewwwww. But not. Everybody toots. That's the book... No I've googled it's Everbody poops, isn't it? But Everyone toots is a book too. Maybe not as famous tho. Yay more weight dropping off. Maybe the fruits ARE helping. They ARE filled with water. And so colorful and bright and lovely. I miss fruit. Sigh. I hope you have a great day. And you know, maybe you SHOULD try to see a doctor. Just because it's been a bit and you're still in pain even though it's better and you're more mobile. Okay wishing you an awesome day ahead!

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 03-05-2015 at 01:00 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:55 PM   #142  
Diane

Hi all. Back to Body Pump this morning. It was a different routine, so nice to have a change. Last night after work I did the W6D2 of C25K. It went really well, so I was pretty happy. It was cold last night at the park, so it made it a little challenging. The soccer teams have been showing up lately, so I had to change my route. I was running by the parked cars and there were so many that were running. People were staying in their cars, with the heater running. Not the right attitude to have, but I felt so superior!!! Now, back in the day when I was waiting for my kids, I would have been in the car with the heater running. Back to C25K, I do think that I'll repeat this week next week, too. I don't think I'm really ready to move on to week 7.

Toasted: So glad to see when you are posting!!! I am glad you are feeling better now. As for running outside, I really prefer it. I think that part of my issue is that I am not consistent on my speed, so I can vary it a lot outside. On the treadmill, you have to keep going at whatever speed, and I am not quite good enough yet. I also am a little self-conscious on my running abilities, so being on the treadmill at the gym makes me uncomfortable. Especially when there is someone really good next to me. Ha!

Wordy: Sounds like you are still not feeling up to par, sorry about that! You're being really strong though, on working through all of it. How funny for you to say that you are enjoying the cooler temps. We are just starting to warm up after having had a cold front go through. I'm looking forward to the warmer temps!!! Hopefully mid 60's by the weekend!

Mandy: Good for you for avoiding the hurls!! I think I vomited every day for about 4 months when I was pregnant. No fun!! I'm sure keeping it a secret is really hard when this is all you want to talk about!! So exciting, you want to share!
Old 03-06-2015, 01:14 AM   #143  
Jessica, Becoming Me

S/C/G: 260 / 199 / 150

Height: 5' 6" | MG: 185

Two things. First, Toasted, you'll be happy to know that Josh is officially officially sweet on me. <3

Last weekend, a customer came in who had asked for my number back in October. I had given it to him but when he texted, I has responded with a huge full disclosure message that included my divorce and the fact that I was very much into someone, though we hadn't yet had a chance to explore it. Anyway, this weekend he was making out like I ignore him. (Fyi, he's going into the store a total of 3 times since asking for my number and he responded to my text with "Appreciate the honesty" and that was it.) I was grumbling to Josh because, as I told Josh, I would have turned him down because I was interested in someone else, but to imply that I ignore you when you didn't exactly make an effort is almost as bad as saying we flirted just because I was nice to you. People are weird.

Weeeell, as I'm explaining this, Josh says he's not sure when this happened or that he wants to know. Lol, back before I met Helen. Before indicating that us hanging out could have risked your job - which clearly indicated our coffee dates were a bit more than a casual cocoa between friends. Before I posted that some guy asked for my number on Facebook and you, the man who doesn't really do jealous, informed me the thought of another guy asking for a number gave him a twinge of jealously. Hehehe.

So Tuesday night, after this conversation, his last message to me before I drift off to sleep was, "Hey. Uhhhh, just wanted to say that I like kinda dig you..." which is the more ridiculously adorable way I've ever been told by someone that they're into me. Ever.

Second, about brought myself to tears today when I opened my new driver's license and put it side-by-side next to my old one. Woooow. What a difference a year makes...

The first picture was taken last March. The second, almost exactly 11 months later on February 24.

garnetrising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 09:38 AM   #144  
Mini Goal 1- 199

Eeeeeee Jessica like OMG!!! I don't even know what to comment on first. Josh OR the total HOTTIE drivers' license! No one's driver's license looks hot. But yours looks like a head shot for an actress or model that's going to audition to play Lara Croft- I mean MAJOR hottie alert. And now to #teamJ matters............... Eeeeeeeeeee!!!! Soooo cute. I think a little insecurity was good for him. I know you want to be on the slow train relationship-wise but we can all tell he likes you, it's well overdue for him to officially tell you so it's out there. Please keep us posted! I'm sooo excited for you. This is awesome. And no one deserves this more than you because even with everything you've been through in the past couple of years, you live your life with bravery and openness and put yourself out there for good things to happen! And look girl, they ARE! YAYyyyyyyyy! Awesome on all counts!

Diane: I too feel incredibly smug when I run past people driving or sitting in their cars and our meets and I'm like "yup, I AM one of those people I used to look out the car window at in envy." We are THOSE people! Can you imagine. I'm enjoying the C25K program outdoors. I find it harder with pacing myself and although I've never minded the treadmill, it's interesting to actually be part of the world when exercising.

So I slept wayyyy past my alarms this morning and missed running. I'm trying to see if maybe I can get in a post-prandial walk this evening, if I get home before the hours when people are up to no good. But I'm hearing that the traffic is manic so.... hmmm.. Maybe an indoor walking program or something? Yesterday may not have been a fast day calorie wise, but I ended up doing okay in spite of birthday cake. Today, I had a donut and a sausage roll (the kind with the pastry and the sausage meat... so yummy) which isn't the healthiest, but I'm being mindful and I'm at an okay place calorie-wise and I've got a healthy dinner planned. It's not perfect, but it's workable. That's my March mantra. My beast mode is gone but I'm hoping for a re-emergence in the next quarter of the year.

I hope you guys are all well and warm and happy and that plan and life are treating you guys right. Have an awesome weekend everyone!

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 03-06-2015 at 09:39 AM.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:38 PM   #145  
Diane

Hi all. Went to spin this morning. It was a major accomplishment since I almost had myself talked out of it. I knew that we were going to have a substitute, and I don't like her much. And... she didn't make me like her today either. I don't mind when someone wants to push you to be better, but she is bossy just to be bossy. It isn't helpful and it almost seems like she has control freak issues. Anyway, made it through. I'll try to do W6D3 of C25K today. I don't know... 22 minutes of running without a break. Should be interesting! It is a really nice day today, though, so it will be nice to be outside.

Toasted: Sausage rolls sound pretty darn good!! Proud of you as you keep plugging along even though beast mode is not happening. I think there are times when it just isn't as strong as other times and you have to just keep going and survive until you can break through.

Jessica: Nice difference in pictures!! That's amazing! What is also noticeable is how much happier you look in the 2nd one. You've come a long way. And how fun is that with you and Josh? Good times for sure!
Old 03-06-2015, 06:08 PM   #146  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone!

Putting together my announcement today so I can tweak it here and there over the next couple weeks to find the set up I *really* like.

But the general idea is a girlie basket for me (pink basket, purple grass, with a hello kitty bunny, and a pink foil wrapped bunny, and a pink plush little stuffed bunny and some other candies), a boyish basket for hubby (dark blue basket, light blue grass, Star Wars and blue foil wrapped bunnies, blue plush mini bunny, other candies) and a smaller neutral basket (little green basket with a couple candies and a big "October 2015" egg), and other little Easter treats (plastic colorful eggs, peeps, mini Cadbury eggs) scattered around. It'll get posted to social media sites with "Happy Easter from our family to yours!" right before I leave for Sunrise Easter services.

Thoughts?
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 08:21 AM   #147  

S/C/G: 228/213.8/150

Hey Ladies! It sems like all of you are doing great. I'm so glad to hear (read) it. I have not done a darn thing to lose weight lately. Last month I banged up my elbow and was in a splint and/or sling for a couple weeks. And then last week my back was horrible with a pinched nerve feeling. Ughhhh.
My life is just too crazy. I am making my goal of April 1st to quit smoking.
And I'm going back to working out tomorrow. No excuses. I work today 7a-730p. As soon as I hit 200, I will be calling and making an appointment with the fertility specialist. I'm not sure why but I have been putting it off for like a year. My husband and I want kids so bad. I guess I was just hoping that it would just "happen" but it hasn't soooooo ... in ~18 lbs I'll be making that call. We aren't getting any younger. lol He just turned 31 and I will be 33 in June.
Skinnygirldreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 11:58 AM   #148  
Diane

A little quiet around here this weekend! I didn't make it on here yesterday. It was my husband's birthday, so had a lot of running around to do. I went to Body Pump and then Body Flow yesterday. I haven't done back to back classes like that, but wanted to give it a try. We had a trainer come to our office and one of the things she said was that she felt that 3 times a week is good for strength training. So, thought I'd try adding it on Saturday. I was pretty tired afterward, but it went well. On Friday after work, I did W6D3 of C25K, which is a 22 minute run, basically, without a walk break. I went to a new trail, a "riverfront" trail, and it was awesome!!! I made it! I was very excited, very tired, and very sweaty after! But it was a good feeling. Getting closer to the 5K in April, so I'm happy.

Mandy: I love your idea for the announcement. So cute, especially with announcing on Easter!!

Skinnygirl: Sounds like you've been having some rough times. I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm glad to see that you have some great goals and the attitude to go with them!! Hang in there!
Old 03-08-2015, 11:29 PM   #149  
Jessica, Becoming Me

S/C/G: 260 / 199 / 150

Height: 5' 6" | MG: 185

Toasted, it's super adorable the way he went about it. I know through things that he's said and done, little things here and there, that he's interested. I almost felt like messaging him back with something cheeky in response, but I settled on a nerdy Han Solo "I know" and a comment about, as he so eloquently put it, that I like kinda dig him, too. <3

Mandy, I think that's an adorable idea!!!

Skinnygirl, it's awesome that you've decided to quit smoking. And I wish you the best when the time comes to see the fertility specialist.

Diane, you never cease to amaze me with your dedication. <3

So I'm sure I was planning on saying something at some point, but got side tracked by doing hair dye for Jamie and then she did hair dye for me. So now I'm sitting here with dye in my hair trying to remember what I was going to say. Hm.

Let's see. I ordered this corset in a size 30.

Of course, after placing the order, I came across their detailed sizing chart, and, based on that, was saddened by the thought that it was gonna end up being two sizes too small. Well, she came in yesterday and I went straight to the bathroom so I could figure out just how much bigger I'd need the replacement corset to be in size.

Turns out, she fits beautifully. The picture really doesn't do her any justice. Her color is absolutely gorgeous. <3
garnetrising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:09 AM   #150  

Height: 5'5"

Oh man, I miss you people so much! My assistant's desk is right behind mine now, and she has a great view of my screen, so I have been reluctant about checking in at work. So just gonna make it a quickie again. Maybe I'll get into the habit of checking in from home.

I am weighing again, and being more reasonable about food. My exercise still isn't great. I'm 211.4 this morning - still about 22 pounds up from my low. I also got a new driver's license photo taken, Jessica. Mine looks better - but not nearly as better. Gonna take a page from Diane and Toasted and get back into C25K. Again.

Have a great day, everyone!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote