Old 01-27-2015, 08:22 PM   #46  
Jessica, Becoming Me

S/C/G: 260 / 199 / 150

Height: 5' 6" | MG: 185

Will do personals when I get home in a bit, getting a coffee with a friend - not Josh. Lol. But wanted to share some awesome news. They finished my transcript evaluations and even without three of my classes, they managed to transfer 73.5 out of 74 credits. And there is a note to manually move half a credit from unused to my electives, so. Yeah, I only need 90... Needless to say I am super happy.
garnetrising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:27 PM   #47  
★ Kelly ★

S/C/G: flawsome

Height: 5' 5

Oh man super pooped! Have been looking after 2 other 2 year olds as well as mine then 2 four year olds this afternoon - I don't know how early childhood teachers do it!!! Getting agro with the scales, they just aren't doing anything, not up not down!! So weird. Must keep on plan, my friend has finally decided on a wedding date in October so another date I can work to I hope to be -25kg more by then. Shes teeny tiny and there is a possibility I will be bridesmaid eek!

Oh Laurie you sound a similar shape to me, all about that bass - jeans are a curse for me as you can't really take them in. Aprons are not flash, my tummys still numb from my csections. Having babies really us the gift that keeps on giving oh a spinach for fries ! Wow

Jessica glad school is going great and your aches and pains have gone. 15 miles what a super star.

Lyn ladder work is the worst. I used to work as a window dresser and was always on ladders, including the very top of a 12 foot one and my legs would be hurting by the end of the day. Good luck on selling your house ... oh and not getting murdered lol

Toasted I love friends like that, I have a couple who are kidless and its hard to catch up but when you do its the best! Hmm whats nursing a drink . Lol I didn't know that was an option

Right got to go battery is going to die

Last edited by MissLoud; 01-27-2015 at 09:29 PM.
MissLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 01:10 AM   #48  
Jessica, Becoming Me

Laurie, that's awesome with the weight lifting. I think I need to look for a 24 hour gym. Do they even make 24 hour gyms? Also - GO BEAST MODE!

Lyn, you rock, too, Lady!! Walks are awesome but it sucks when an old injury flares up.

Toasted, LOL. Isn't that always how things work out? When you have something 100% mapped out, something almost always inevitably comes up. By the way, if I haven't said it recently, I love the hashtags you come up with.

MissLoud, oh wow. Talk about a full house! LOL

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about the transcript thing. You know who else is excited? Josh. Lol. He's declared that this means we can start the UW at the same time. Then today, I mentioned something about taking classes this summer and he informs me I can't to summer and fall classes or I'll go over 95 credits (unless I pay out of pocket because of it being a 2yr degree, etc. etc. yellow tape). He kind of paused and added, unless you take fall semester and UW which apparently isn't an option because it would mean I'd start UW before him! At which point he pouted a little at the thought. LOL. I had to remind him that it would really just come down to how many classes I took each quarter. (Fyi it took me 4 tries to get the q in quarter to show up. The key was stuck. :/)

Additionally, he asked me to swing by his work to bring him food tonight. Seems silly, I know. But I used to work there. And while he came out to meet me to get the food, the fact that he asked me to stop by his work at all - especially given I used to work there - is sort of a big thing. Not to mention, he brought one of my old co-workers out, too. Which means at least one person there knows about us.

Another random weird thing... Was talking to the girl I used to work freight with about school and work and things and then she kind just goes "Still talking to Josh from here?" And I'm like.... *cricketcricket* I chose a sort of non-committal answer cause it was out of the blue and all and said I do. That I'd talked to him about going back to school and he'd convinced me it wouldn't hurt to at least get my transcripts evaluated. Which is entirely true. Did I tell her that I see him pretty regularly or that we've had some incredible make-out sessions? No. I also added that I talk to a few of the other people I worked with. Hopefully she didn't read anything into that. >.> Thought about asking her why she asked. Didn't. But I did tell him because it was kinda weird; I also told him that she might ask him a question about financial aid because she was talking about going back to school and not being sure if she could take out any more in student loans and I told her he might know the answer to that question. Which, all-in-all, may really make it seem like we do just talk school. <.<
Old 01-28-2015, 08:43 AM   #49  

Height: 5'5"

Morning all!

Early start for me. I have a court hearing in a bit, but got ready earlier than anticipated, so here I am!

Diane - LOL at the butthurt from the seasoned spinning pro. And yay for the praise at the gym! I know the public adulation really doesn't seem to be your thing, but I am still glad people are recognizing your accomplishments. And you are such an inspiration here! It's great to see proof that you're inspring people in real life.

Lyn - I bet you ROCK those cool shoes. And, at least for me, proper running shoes made a TON of difference in how my knees reacted to my runs. With your injuries, it's all about protecting your joints. I was wearing large Spanx (okay - the knock-off version), and bought some medium last night, which I am wearing today. They're helpful. I think mostly I have to quit whining and just be more aware of the clothes I am purchasing. Ain't nothing better than to have a gorgeous man coming to your door just so you can spend a few minutes admiring the view. =) Well - maybe some new tech beats it. Wishing you the best on your move.

Jessica - YAY on college! Don't let Josh hold you back, though. After you two are all married up, he'll appreciate having you be further on the path than you would have been if you had waited unnecessarily. Things are going so well in your life now! Isn't it amazing how things slowly improve until one day - things are just pretty good?

Kelly - Oof. The bridesmaid pressure. Yep! When the scales don't cooperate, all you can do is keep on keeping on. Crazy crazy on all those kids crawling all over you.

Didn't work out really yesterday. Took a walk but nothing more. Schedule sort of got away from me. So, today, I am doing two hours after my court appearance at 8:15. An hour of weight lifting. An hour of cardio.

I am really hitting my stride, I think. I don't quite trust it yet, but it seems like I am making good food choices without being either in the more manic honeymoon phase or the desperate white-knuckle phase. I am hoping it lasts.

Hope everyone else has a fantastic day!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:47 AM   #50  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys, okay so I was reading your posts as I do with a smile on my face and my co-worker goes "you're definitely not smiling at work like that, who are you talking to?" #NoseyParker Anyway, I am busted, oh well...

So yesterday's luncheon (1.) because it makes me sound like a lady who lunches and 2.) because it sounds fancier than plain ol' lunch) wasn't really a luncheon at all, it ended up being at a KFC below the bar near my office because that's closed for renovation or something. I did okay. My willowy friend- no that's not fair, it would be perfectly fine if she was willowy- my hourglass, whispy-waisted friend, had a chicken burger meal-type thing (evidently her french fries go to all the right places whilst mine just go to my stomach and thighs and scale) and I had the kid's chicken strips (not the meal, just the strips) which was 240 calories. I didn't eat my packed lunch yesterday but I brought it in again today and have eaten it.... ONLY TO DISCOVER that today is someone in the finance department's birthday and she's brought in pies (not the sliced apple pie, the savoury pasty/turnover-kind, doughnuts and cakes which she's serving herself and giving to everyone. So right now sitting at my desk typing this, there's a plate with a doughnut, a chicken pie and a cake slice and they smell heavenly. Oh why oh why have I eaten lunch. The smart thing to do would be to go re-gift it to one of the munchier people I work with but I like torture evidently and I'm all like "just a little piece" which is a bad, bad idea. Okay after posting this I'll go give my bounty away to charity. #LeSigh #EyesOnThePrize

Laurie: Three signs I'm exhausted: sleeping in day clothes, sleeping in make up, and sleeping without putting my hair up. I usually don't sleep well under those conditions and I usually feel gypped in the morning if I am not lying under the covers when I wake up... But still. It's getting somewhat easier to get up in the morning- not easy in the "Sound Of Music wake up singing along with the birds" way but easy in the "it is what it is, crawl out of bed now" way. Re: body image and body composition, I, who've never had kids, have what I call a hanging stomach but after googling, it's what you call the apron, so mine is basically just from a lifetime of obesity instead of the miracle of childbirth. I rarely to never wear shapewear because as you say, they're super uncomfortable, and worse they give me heartburn. My clothing philosophy is that if clothes show off my apron, it's not my body's fault, rather it's the clothes that are not the right cut for my particular body type. I know many a skinny mini that struggles to find pants that don't make them look like a butt-less board or a drop-crotched wonder, so the struggle is real for everyone. I too am in a variety of clothes sizes now (US8-14)- mostly 10 so I identify. I know last year you talked about holding off on doing a wardrobe renovation till you were closer to goal and between that and mixed sizes, I know it's probably a challenge trying to find things that work for your own body. It's taken me a lot of trial and error and effort I've realized spandex-y type pencil skirts are not my friend mostly because they want to get up all in my belly's business and showcase the paunch to the world. I also tend to wear skirts and trousers relaxed fit in the hip with the waist either at or slightly below the belly button so as to cut the size of the paunch in half. I also rarely wear knit-fabric fitted shirts or wear tucked in shirts. Mostly do loose-fitting chiffon-y blouses or button downs or plain regular cotton button downs untucked with a cardigan or jacket over it. The body we have is the body we have and we can look good with a bit (okay a lot- I spend ages trying pants on for the right fit but once I'm good to go, I'm good to go!) of effort. I'm so inspired by you sticking to plan even literally in the very face of temptation. It's part of my fuel to give my birthday bounty away. I think sometimes when we're super on it, we don't trust that it will last and then we question ourselves instead of enjoying the ride we're on. Celebrate!!!! Whether it lasts a week or it lasts a lifetime, at this moment in your life, the journey to be healthier is not a struggle and if that's not a blessing worthy of celebration, I don't know what is!

Diane: That's awesome. I'd say with your commitment to fitness, you're already en route to looking decades younger!!! The drink was nursed... of course it helped that it was 500ml of diet pepsi but I'm owning it!

Lyn: The frustration is definitely doing all the right things and not seeing progress- I'm having a phase like that right now but I know if I step back and look at the big picture, there will be progress in the long run and the important thing is sticking to it. So for now I'm trying to get excited about NSVs like how I feel after working out and staying on plan how much fitter and stronger and healthier I'm feeling by just keeping on irrespective of what the scale says. I certainly don't think selling a house is worth getting murdered over (lol, no duh!) and I wouldn't feel comfortable either being home alone showing a strange man round my house- at least not without some sort of benign weapon for security which I'd introduce as like I dunno, my (walking stick) baseball bat or my (pet kitchen) knife, just so he wouldn't think it was weird if he had genuine house-buying interest (although it would probably still be weird but at least you'd be safe). Anyway, at least you made it and are posting. I really enjoy reading your posts- you made me google "hot+UPS+guys"- All sorts of not-actual UPS guys came up, amongst them Cristiano Ronaldo (the football/soccer player) for some reason. He's not a UPS guy... but I drooled too. Don't feel bad for corrupting my work computer, we've googled much worse for actual work research. I'm the appliest of apples too... If they're not skinny jeans or jeggings, pants that fit in the waist are always way huge in the hips and legs...

Jessica: Woooot on your transcripts!!!! That's awesome and must be such a relief! Nothing sucks more than having to do the work twice and thankfully you don't have to.

Kelly: Kudos on looking after the extra kiddies. I know how exhausting that must've been. I've got many little cousins and always get "encouraged" into babysitting maybe one or two at a time are manageablely exhausting but when they multiply and start screeching Frozen songs at the top of their lungs and running around in different directions etc, I am more than a little overwhelmed and need like a lie down in dark silence afterwards.

Okay so I'm still on top of things with exercise (W3D3 and post-run bootcamp workout done) and diet (well evil birthday snacks beside me, notwithstanding). I'm a little frustrated with the scale which is creeping upwards and is not giving me my post-TOM whoosh but I'm not giving up. I'm going to persevere. I hope you guys all have an excellent day!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:59 PM   #51  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all. Quick post today. We are slammed here at work again and it seems like everyone is out sick.

I went to spin class today. It was good! And I'll be doing W2D2 of C25K later after work. We also received the wellness challenge at work. It starts next Monday. I think it is good overall, but a lot of what they are suggesting and what gives you points for the competition is stuff I already do. So, it won't be super challenging for me. We're on teams and my team seems to be pretty good. We'll see how it goes. The only thing I have to figure out is what to do for something bad I want to cut out, or something good I want to add. I am thinking about adding 30 minutes of reading to my day. I do like to read, but I also don't always make time for it. Just have to figure that out by Monday.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:12 PM   #52  
Jessica, Becoming Me

Will do full responses when I'm at a computer, but OMG, Laurie! You're marrying me off already, lol!!!
Old 01-29-2015, 03:30 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Hello all

I just wanted to pop in and say hello as I am back after a 30 lb regain :/

But at least I'm back - that's whats important. I am going to Europe in June and I know if I stay on track I should be back at goal by then
Underwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 01:40 PM   #54  

Underwater - Welcome back! What a great time to catch the regain. In 2008, I was down to about 155-160, then restarted in 2012 at 178. Your way is much, much smarter. Looking forward to getting to know you better and hearing about your preparation for your European vacation!

Toasted - I do that too! I will go to a grocery store and make it a point to walk by the donuts and see if they have my favorite kind, then walk away. Not sure why. Glad you decided to give away your bounty. As our wise friend Carter says, this will not be your last opportunity to indulge in these foods. But this is your time to win that cash! #Eyesontheprize, indeed. THANK YOU for understanding about the clothes. And you're so right. Somehow, I still had this fantasy that losing weight would mean that I would be the exact perfect shape. Really, it means that I need to learn how to dress the body I have right now to be as flattering as possible. It will take some time, and as of next week, I will be willing to invest that time. But for now, I will be grateful that I wear a lot of suits. The pants may show off the pannus, but the jacket generally hangs low enough to disguise it.

Lyn - 10 days of being 100% on-plan is PHENOMENAL. And your 4 miles of walking - no more are you allowed to tell us that you slack on exercise. And I love that your inner goddess reached detente with your monster. I so often feel that civil war battling within me as well. Also - you should know - I love reading your posts. You are so funny and real and inspiring.

Diane - I love that your wellness challenge is more than physical. I love to read, too, but I don't trust myself. I know this will shock you, but I am not the type of person to be able to read for 30 minutes and put the book away. When I start a book, I generally finish it within a day or two, but I am incredibly irresponsible about ignoring my real responsibilities. The balance thing is really, really hard, but it sounds like your wellness program allows you to make small, positive changes that aren't too difficult. Bravo, wellness program.

Jessica - Marriage is optional. Just saying - your ability to find a good job may be of some serious interest to Josh soon. It was better than saying - Girl, why you even thinking of slowing down your personal growth for some man? - which was my first inclination. ;-)

Things are continuing to go well in my world. I am in Beast Mode light, I would say. I have decided to consolidate my 2-a-days to a single, longer session. I went and lifted serious weights yesterday. Then, I intended to run 3 miles. I didn't even quite make 2. My regular work-out clothes (yes, all 3 sets) were in the wash, and I wore some shorts that didn't have a draw string. After multiple pauses to hike them up AGAIN, I just gave up.

I looked in the mirror this morning, and noticed all the fat everywhere on my body. There is no part of me that doesn't have excess fat. And I told that hooker to shut up! (I miss Mandy, BTW. I hope she starts posting more regularly again soon.) And decided I needed to post an "I'm grateful for" thread.

I can buy clothes at the thrift store! And not just a small selection of "this is all that's available," but I can select colors and styles that I like. I am close enough to "normal" range that I have lots of options available to me.

I have a silhouette! I remember being really thrilled when my boobs finally stuck out farther than my gut. Now, though my waist still has some excess fat, it's fairly flat. When I was doing a lift that required my hand to be above my head, and there was a gap between my too-loose shorts and my shirt, what peeked through looked like a flat (if stretch-marked) section of my abdomen. SO cool.

I can run! I am doing C25K again, and the running sections are at 6.0 mph. Even when I got down to 160ish in 2008, I was only running at about 4.2 mph. Now I can do 30 seconds (and sometimes a minute) running at 7.4 mph.

When I walk, my arms don't touch my mid-section. This is tough to describe, but I love feeling that empty space between the girls and my hips when I'm just walking to the bathroom or something. It's super noticeable.

I am gaining control over food. Slowly, but I feel it happening. Even last night, when I was at work until almost 1:30 and in a position where I would typically feel very munchy, I elected to have 3 chocolate-covered pretzels and go to bed. And I didn't even feel an overwhelming compulsion to have them. I just have told myself "no" so frequently, I wanted to indulge to stave off the deprivation feeling.

I can do push-ups! I have taken to dropping down in my office and just doing push-ups at random intervals, and I have done up to 6 in a row.

I just feel good most of the time. And the Colon Blow cereal has helped make it so my digestion process seems to be going very, very smoothly.

I want it to be perfect. I want it to be done. But I am done being excessively whiny about it. I will not sacrifice my appreciation for all the good -- the really good -- in service to a desperate and hopeless wish for perfection.

Thanks for indulging me. This forum really does help me hang on to sanity.

Last edited by LaurieDawn; 01-29-2015 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:45 PM   #55  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Hi all! Went to Body Pump this morning. It was great. I went up on weights for my triceps, so that was kind of fun. This one woman in class came up to me afterward and said she was impressed with my progress, and instead of weight, she mentioned that she saw me doing triceps kickbacks and could see the "great muscle tone". Wow! How cool is that?!! That really made my day, even more than someone noticing the weight loss. I've been working pretty hard in body pump to keep improving, so it meant a lot.

Last night I was doing W2D2 of C25K. It was going very well. After I was done, I was looking ahead at next week's program. Hmm. It jumps up quite a bit. That might be a little challenging. I'm still kind of struggling with what to either give up for this challenge at work or what to add. I think the book thing is not all that challenging. I love to read and if I'm forced to read, it is more like a gift, not a challenge. So, still thinking through that one.

Laurie: Nice post! That's a great thing to do! It reminds me of a post on myfitnesspal that people were mentioning what weight loss benefits they had been surprised by. You know that when you lose weight, you will feel better, be able to buy smaller sizes, etc, but this was more about what you didn't expect. It was fun to read what people wrote, stating things that they could do now that they couldn't do before, etc.

Underwater: Welcome! I think you did well, catching yourself before there was much of a gain! Very smart!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 04:15 PM   #56  
★ Kelly ★

S/C/G: flawsome

Height: 5' 5

Hi all!

Welcome Underwater! Congrats on catching yourself at 30 pounds gain, its a triumph in itself. So good to have goals to work towards.

Laurie ~ what a great post, especially love you feeling a sense of control over food/eating I know its been something you struggled with and im so pleased for you! Keep it up girlie!

Diane ~ yay for workout compliments! You definitely deserve it, your work out routine is inspirational I really need to get my butt into gear

Toasted ~ KFC control, I just don't think I have it in me, I love fried chicken! And as for free food it would have been down the hatch for me lol!

Lyn ~ don't yah just hate it when the computer eats your post! And may your inner goddess keep winning over you evil party monster.

Well I think the scales are starting to play ball, the last 2 days I have seen small losses fingers crossed I can put a loss on my chart this week instead of a horizontal line taunting me. Toasted and Lauries words were floating round in my head whilst at McDonald's yesterday - laurie and your spinach instead of fries and toasted and your kids meal - I had a cheeseburger with garden salad and a coke zero, proud I didn't just say screw it after the scales being so stubborn! Aah maybe I'm getting a handle on this food thing. I shoved all my salad in my burger and it was delicious - well as delicious as mcds can be lol. On my fast day today and hungry already so going to make eggs, was trying to stay away from the fridge as I have rhubarb tarts in there.

Last edited by MissLoud; 01-29-2015 at 04:16 PM.
MissLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 10:56 PM   #57  
Jessica, Becoming Me

Talked to the lawyer today and it looks like I'm going to proceed with the filing. There's a lot to get done over the next month. Between the bankruptcy and getting everything squared away for school and ugh. Just a lot that needs to be done.

And Laurie, I know. And he was teasing. But there are actual real things that I have to consider regarding whether I take Spring and Summer quarter this school year or just Spring. Like credit hours, classes, etc. If I'd have to go in class during summer when I could have done them online during fall, then I have to decide if it is workable with my work schedule. Also, they'll only pay for up to 94 or 95 credit hours through SPSCC because it only requires 90 credits. Yeah, lots to figure out.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:56 AM   #58  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone, so yesterday sort of got away from me without posting which usually would imply I was up to no good, plan-wise but nope, I was on it. Fast-day calories maintained and C25K W3D3 + a HIIT workout completed. So the week has been going pretty great UNTIL today when feeling pretty saintly, I stepped on the scale #tearsforyears y'all!!! No change! Imagine that. I know, I know, the scale will cooperate etc etc, but there was wallowing for an hour which led to eating off plan for an hour, which means it's noon now and I'm 650 calories into my day and not particularly stuffed because I made white carb decisions which is like basically saying "munchiness, come get me!" So yeah calorie plan-wise, the day is salvageable, but eating off plan didn't help or make me feel better or contribute to my scale progress or lack thereof, so it was pointless. And I'm a little mad at myself. I also didn't work out this morning like I planned, not because I didn't wake up in time, I did. But because I went to bed really late (past 2a.m.) because I had some work to do and I woke up this morning feeling like "uh uh" physically and mentally and lounged in bed read a book till I was late for work. So it hasn't been the most auspicious start in the day. I pledge that when I get home, I'll work out for at least a half hour. That, along with staying within calories the rest of the day might salvage things a bit.

Lyn: UPS guys hotter than Cristiano servicing your area? I'd order express mail all the time!!!! <fans self> staying on plan for 10 days in a row is awesome!!! The inner voice in your head needs to take several seats down and just basque in the awesomeness of your sticking to it and staying on top of things. You've shed all that water weight without letting it become real weight and even your knee knows better than to give you a twinge when keeping up that mileage. Here's to awesomely successful Weigh-in Wednesdays in 2015 for you!!!

Diane: I was going to take today off but then I read you keeping up your workouts and as usual, I'm like at LEAST I can do a little something. Thanks for always being so inspiring.

Underwater: Welcome!!! We have similar stats and goals and I'm coming off a 40-lb regain myself and it's been kind of rough but there is progress and at least we know we can do it, having done it before. What's your plan of attack for getting "snatched" for Europe in June?

Laurie: I feel you on the too large workout bottoms. I just got several pairs of running leggings in Large (without trying them on- I just figured I was a European Large in a stretchy fabric having been a European 2XL the previous day in a shirt shop) whilst I wan on holiday and I wore a pair for the first time running yesterday? First of all, who makes low-rise running leggings??? I tugged them up right to camel toe levels and they still kept sliding down my stomach when I was bouncing up and down running because they're too loose in the waist to start with and then they're low rise. So of course I kept pulling them up, but then kept getting self conscious because in my mind it looked like I had an underwear problem digging all around through my baggy t-shirt trying to grip my saggy bottoms. Not the stuff cool is made of. Anyway, I'm so excited for all your progress. I think it's awesome that you've listed it all out here because sometimes we get bogged down by all the scale and plan frustration and forget all the amazing progress we're making in a million other ways!!! Everyday I'm working on this journey is a day I'm getting healthier and not eating my weight in food and lazing around after and it's worth it. #revelation I think I needed to read your post today and come to this realization especially with how blah I'm feeling about my start to the day etc so thanks for your post!

Kelly: Believe you me I love fried anything and chicken IS my favourite meat so when I left the KFC, I imagined that if there was justice in the world, I should have been down 10 lbs at least! lol. What a pity about no Kentucky Fried Justice-less world! Yay making a healthier decision at the McD's. It's NOT easy when all the lovely smells of fried tasty is around you. I hope your fast day went well.

Jessica: It sounds like a really hectic period in your life with lots of transition and admin-type stuff to do which i know, is fiddly and exhausting and taxing. I think it's awesome that even through it all you're sticking to this journey and keeping on! Keep going, you'll get everything sorted out AND be sun-surface hot to boot by the time you start classes again!

Alright so after writing this, I feel a lot better about the day. So what the start is not what I planned, there's still a lot of day left to turn this around. I'm going to stay on plan and make that scale WISH it hadn't tried to take me on. Alright so here's wishing everyone an amazing day and an awesome start to the weekend!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:03 PM   #59  

Good morning!

Lyn - Afternoon long silhouettes for the win! Hope your house legit sells this time, and that your sexy-voiced realtor recognizes that women are not morons. Been dealing with some mansplaining here at work (one of the senior partners explained to a legal assistant about how hair salons work - despite the fact that this assistant works in a salon for her second job and has for years). Men.

Toasted - I love how frank you are. I also love the fact that I am not the only one who is a bit irresponsible from time to time. Mostly, though, I love the "Not a great start to the day, but will have a fantastic finish" attitude. I woke up really wanting to weigh today, but made the decision to maintain my moratorium on the scale, and was so glad I did when I read your post. It's so hard to avoid the huge mindscrew that the scale can breed.

Jessica - Gotcha. I love how you're moving forward, just putting good things in place in your life every day. You're doing such a fantastic job balancing it all out -- and I think that's the hardest part of all of this.

Kelly - All of the good choices! That's why you're rocking this whole thing! And to be fair - I am not a fan of French fries generally. I tend to allow them to be on my plate, but eat anywhere from 0-4 of them. Asking them to substitute spinach just meant I had more delicious food to eat! No sacrifice. (McDonald's fries are THE BOMB, though!)

Diane - I can only imagine how well-toned you must be with your consistent, hard work-outs. I love that you got spontaneous recognition for it!

Only one work-out yesterday, and not a fantastic one. Still a decent one, though. I did C25K, sort of, plus some at the end. Essentially, I did intervals until I hate 3.5 miles, with my running pace almost always 6.0 - 6.3, though I allowed myself a few slower intervals at the end. Gonna try to get my two legit work-outs in today, though.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:23 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Oh my gosh, this thread is so active - it is wonderful!

Toasted - I guess by "snatched" you are asking whats the plan? Maybe it's a TV or movie reference? haha

I am doing a very low calorie weight loss plan that is offered by my doctors's office called HMR. It's like a more intense Jenny Craig - fewer calories, weekly 90-min classes, meeting with a nurse weekly, blood draw monthly, and doctor visit monthly. I did the same program the last time I lost weight and it really worked for me. I was actually somewhat in the maintenance program when I gained 30 lbs, but it was a lot of traveling and overall poor attendance and commitment that did me in - not the program's fault at all!

Slash & Laurie - I did C25K during my last weight loss attempt. I got up to the 8 minutes runs (week 5 maybe?) and did a few 5Ks but could never run the entire thing. I think my best time was 32 min. Maybe it's something to get into again. Right now I am doing Dailey Method and am trying spin at Flywheel for the first time tomorrow...

Right now I'm just enjoying the quick weight loss that comes from making such a big change suddenly. I have lost 4 lbs since Wednesday - I know it's all water weight but the scale is reading 181.2 today and I'm looking forward to being in the 170's.

Today is book club and this is our first meeting that is not in a restaurant, but is in a spa! So happy as I cannot eat anything other than HMR food for 12 weeks. Well, 12 weeks with a few exceptions maybe. We are tailgating for the NHL Stadium Series on Feb 21, so I am going to allow myself to enjoy it if I can make it all the way there without cheating. Exactly 21 days to go!
Underwater is offline   Reply With Quote