Old 01-24-2015, 11:59 PM   #31  
Jessica, Becoming Me

S/C/G: 260 / 199 / 150

Height: 5' 6" | MG: 185

Back ache seems to have subsided. We'll know soon enough if it is actually TOM. It has to start in this Monday or next Monday. It's been pretty standard at 28 days per cycle since my stress level started going down and my weight started coming off last year. Which is good.
garnetrising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 10:21 AM   #32  

Height: 5'5"

Jessica - I hated the "are we in a relationship" thing? I think I finally just asked my now-husband if we were exclusive. It was something like, "I guess I've assumed for a while now that we are exclusive, but I decided I should check with you and see if you thought it too." He had the perfect answer, if I recall (rare for him =) ). I then at some point asked if we were boyfriend and girlfriend, but like Kelly, I thought the terms were really juvenile, and partner seemed way too serious. I ended up just calling him "the guy I'm dating." Not perfect. But I think it's okay to ask if you're exclusive. It shows you're serious about him, but not making assumptions.

Allisonm - You asked about my running, but I neglected to see or answer the question. Sorry. I did c25k, and built up through intervals.

Back later! The husband wants to go get breakfast.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 01:22 PM   #33  
Jessica, Becoming Me

So I'm off on a Sunday. Which is weird. I'm not usually off on Sundays. But anyway.

In regards to the are we exclusive thing, that's an interesting position. The fact is that when I'm in a relationship with the potential of it being a romantic relationship, I'm always exclusive. That's just the type of person I am. It's not because I'm clingy or over-assuming, it's just that I don't particularly feel the need to go around seeing multiple people. But, yeah. I can say that as far as my intuition goes - which is pretty impressive, if I do say so myself - he feels the same. Especially at this point. I do think that there is an unspoken belief that we are exclusive and definitely seeing each other... Especially given something he said the other day.

The intention for a long time has been for me to get a place of my own in Lacey, so we go spend time together relaxing, studying, whatever, and not have to be out doing things. Well, with the credit issue keeping from an apartment, that's kind of out of the question. (I have an appointment with a bankruptcy lawyer on Thursday to review and figure out what my options really are and what my best plan of action is.) But we were talking while he was getting his oil changed, talking about a lot of things. He's got a few things left that he's still working on fixing credit wise since his old company went under about a year or so ago. He said, though, that it's something he thinks will be completely taken care of in the six months or so and, if he's still able to maintain full-time work with school, it'd be a situation where he could move out of place he shares with his roommate and help out with the whole I can't get into an apartment thing... "Just something I've been thinking about." Well, then. When something like that gets said, I think it's pretty safe to say the guy wants you in his life for the foreseeable future. <3
Old 01-25-2015, 02:06 PM   #34  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all. No workouts today to post about since it is a rest day. I did do the 3rd day of the C25K program last night. I felt pretty good about it, since it seemed so much better, so maybe I'm seeing progress! I start week 2 tomorrow.

Not much else going on. Have a good weekend everyone.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 03:31 PM   #35  
★ Kelly ★

S/C/G: flawsome

Height: 5' 5

Erg I hate my scales today, they just don't want to move and I'm feeling really unmotivated will keep trying though, its only 30 days but it would be nice to get some joy. Will try and keep off the scales I think. Went for a big walk with Tate, hes 4 and managed 4.5km on his wee bike - proud of him. My charger and dongle for the fitbit we found should be here soon so will be interesting to use.

Ooooh Jessica he sounds like a keeper!

Lyn, yes its the opposite seasons to you guys (presuming you're in the States) so middle of summer for us, was 31º yesterday which is super hot for us so spent most of it on the slipnslide and paddling pool. Nz is ridiculously beautiful, I live at the bottom of the south island mick jagger called it the a***hole of the world, lol our city is alittle flat and boring but its only a couple of hours away from Queenstown and the Alps, mind you're only ever a couple of hours away from sea or mountains. Lol I sound like im from tourism New Zealand
MissLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 07:33 PM   #36  
Jessica, Becoming Me

I. Just. Walked. 15. Miles.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:45 PM   #37  

I'm back! Finally!

Jessica - I'm always exclusive, too. I tried it once the other way, cuz all the "dating gurus" tell you not to treat a relationship as exclusive until you know you are both defining it that way, but one guy is already a lot to handle. If y'all are talking about living together, I think that's classified as "boyfriend and girlfriend." If you really are worried about putting a label on the relationship (which can be useful sometimes), and don't want to have the "relationship status" talk, you could just refer to him as your boyfriend and see how he reacts. ;-)

Kelly - The scale! Oh, the scale! I am on my scale moratorium, but I miss it. So much. But I really think I'm learning things about myself and my habits, and I think it's been really good for me, largely because I tend to go through the emotions you describe. (I am not trying to suggest you join me, BTW. A scale can be a phenomenal ally as well as a deadly adversary.) I had a C-section, too, and that's when I first got my "apron." I hate it so much. But I agree - saggy knees are another level of ridiculous!

Diane So glad to hear C25K is going so well! Runners, ho! Interesting wellness program. Toasted and I are in the midst of our challenges, so it's awesome that you're joining us, even if you're being forced into it.

Lyn - I watch Extreme Weight Loss with Chris Powell. It's a terrible TV show, but I love it. They had a guy on there who popped his knee within like the first week, and he became really restricted as to what he could do. While I find all of the journeys inspiring, his was particularly inspiring, given his health challenges. (You can watch it by Googling Extreme Weight Loss - Bob if you're interested.) I tell you this because I am equally in awe of your pushing through all of these health issues, both chronic and recent. That, plus the moving thing - it's proof that things don't have to be perfect for successful weight loss.

Still doing the 2-a-days/Beast Mode. Friday night, I literally ate sugar snap peas while everyone else was eating ice cream and egg whites while everyone else ate pizza. That can't be my life from now on. But when I went to the gym, I discovered that the pot had grown to $680. Like Toasted said, Mama needs the cash.

My Beast Mode / scale moratorium is an interesting experiment. I realized that part of my pausing every 10 pounds is probably largely mental. I realize that I do this weight loss in stops and starts. And I really have no problem with that. I tend to be focused for a time, then relax a bit, then tighten up a bit. While I think that's absolutely okay, I also want to figure out how to maybe extend the focused times and compress the relaxed times.

I also think I'm sloooowwwwly figuring out this compulsive eating thing. On Friday, I did really well resisting ALL the crap that everyone else was eating. Except I decided I should be able to have two Oreos, which through the course of the evening eventually escalated to 8. But I stopped. Then, today, I ate the final two Oreos and suddenly wanted to eat EVERYTHING. I didn't, though. I came to work, as I had planned, and there were cookies at work. On Sunday. Whatever. I decided I would eat half a cookie, but they weren't the good cookies, so I only had a bite, and I even spit that out. I asked myself why I was ransacking cupboards and pouncing on cookies, and realized that it was an unarticulated compulsion. My therapist asked me to pay special attention to my inner dialog before a binge, and I tried, but I really wasn't thinking anything other than, "What source of sugar is there in my house right now?" And I realized I liked that binge-y feeling. Not the feeling of being so full I could vomit. Not even the food. Just the feeling of satisfying a deep urge. Not sure what I'm doing with this yet, other than discussing it with my therapist on Wednesday.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:46 PM   #38  

Jessica! - You Ninja'd me with your amazingness! 15 miles. That is really great.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:22 PM   #39  
Jessica, Becoming Me

Laurie, I noticed myself doing that the other day. The whole binge thing. I've never been a binger but I've noticed there are times recently that I've been letting myself get pulled into the sugar complex. Cookies and chocolate. To the point that I was driving home, down to my last piece of chocolate and I threw it out the window because there was no logic to my I need to eat it because I paid for it thing. Screw that. I needed to get back in control. So I did it. And felt happier since. I've been tempted to get sugar since but I'm going to focus on redirecting my energies back to things like yogurt and away from those things like prepackaged cookies and chocolates. I don't know what it is about them, but they trip cravings that I don't like having tripped.

In regards to the living together thing. The comment of roommates has been brought up hypothetically a few times in the last five months... Has it really only been about five months since we started really talking? Four since we first went out for cocoa? Huh... It feels like so much longer. And yet, five months, it's almost half a year. Back on point, it was always a hypothetical. But then we didn't see each other, sure we talked, but we didn't get to spend time together for nearly a month between the holidays and work. Since then. Well, I think I've been lucky enough to see him every Thursday this month. And there was even one week that I saw him for about four days. It was crazy.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:53 AM   #40  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone. It's Monday- boooo!! But the last week of the longest month of the year- so payday- yeahhh!!! Anyway, so the weekend... well, it wasn't great. It was actually pretty "ungreat!" The whole thing. I feel like all the effort of last week may have been more or less cancelled out in one weekend. Yes I didn't eat myself sick, but I did eat wayyyyyy too much which isn't good. In general. But especially when money is at stake. It's alright though, the ungreatness only fuels the fire to do better and be great this week so leggo!

Today is a fast day which is an awesome reboot after the weekend's excesses. I've got my meals planned out for at least today. I'll sketch out some sort of meal plan for the rest of the week so I don't have those little extras that I allow during the week that are a gateway to overeating snacky stuff at the weekend. Even though I felt grotty in the stomach this morning, I got up and got C25K W3D1 done- indigestion and all and came back and did a leg's workout. I'll do something yoga/pilates-esque this evening before bed. This is week 2 of 4 of my challenge and I need a kick in the pants.

Laurie: I completely identify with the binge revelations. For me it seems like little drops escalate into a massive flood also. From a piece of marzipan on Thursday, I can be neck-deep in muffins on Saturday, eating my way out. And it's true, certain foods do make me binge-ier and you're right whilst bingeing doesn't make me feel happier (in fact the opposite), fulfilling the compulsion to eat whatever it is I'm obsessed with eating does- at least momentarily. But as you say, what to do with these revelations... I guess it's food for thought for now... Thanks for sharing it's definitely got me thinking too.

Jessica: I hope all your aches are feeling better. In my mind, you and Josh are already a couple so I'm all "o rly" about the ambiguous relationship status. Girl, he's your boyfriend/manfriend (which sounds even weirder than boyfriend when you're not talking about a boy)/partner (which always makes me think same same sex or business or 20-years-together-with-a-couple-of-kids-but-still-unmarried-because-too-cool-for-paper-commitment-or-something)! In my mind. Which doesn't count in real life of course, but still, let me! And O.M.goodness 15 miles!!!!! Are you kidding me?! AMAZING DOT COM!!!! Go you!!!!

Kelly: I'm not incredibly fond of my knees either but then I saw a baby picture of me standing, and I've always had chubby, awkward knees and I had to accept that it is what it is. Even after losing weight, I had the sort of chubby knees that like to be all up in each others business. The second thing I realized googling knees is that they're basically an awkward looking part of the body on most people. Maybe as you lose more weight and get more muscular and your skin has a little more time to snap back, the look will improve. Maybe once you're a skinny mini you won't mind so much about dem ol' knees. Or maybe you'll still mind and then the option of surgery will still be there. But yes, I'm also a card carrier in the #AwkwardKneeCommunity On the bright side, they're healthy and get us around painlessly if nothing else. #PrettyIsAsPrettyDoes NZ sounds beautiful and looks the same on tv... I'm going to definitely visit some day. I want to see some mountains, green rolling hills rocks and oceans slamming said rocks like in the movies.

Slashni: One of the things I don't miss about my gym are the loud conversationalists who get on either side of you and talk over your head. Or hang out between your treadmill and the one next to you talking to their friend on the next treadmill... I mean gahhhhh!!!!! Sorry the scale is being a pain but yay on continually getting your workouts in even when you're swamped. You're always an inspiration for getting it done! Your work competition sounds REALLY fun - weird that it's mandatory- but fun nonetheless.

Lyn: Hey no shame in weighing after a hair trim (even though I suspect you kid), I weigh because I "feel light-" not that I'm sure what "feeling light" feels like and the scale never seems to agree with how "light" I feel but oh well... Your new place sounds awesome for getting more physical activity (am I the only bursting out mentally into "Let's Get Physical... Physical!) and yay sticking to plan and continuing to drop the weight even through the stress of a move. You're doing awesome and will be under your 2015 low before you know it! And 10,000 steps a day WITHOUT exercise... I'm in awe! I consider that pretty active. I need like at least 45 minutes to an hour of actual exercise to get that much mostly because I'm a lazy boots who wears sedentary pants and often think of how great it would be if I had telepathic powers so I didn't have to get up and get anything. It's okay. I know what I am and therefore I exercise- but you better believe if I was clocking 10,000 steps a day on average, I wouldn't stop going on about how "active" I was with my 10,000 steps daily. I promise I would be beyond obnoxious! And here you are downplaying how active you are. For someone as sedentary as I can be, I think even just getting up and marching in place would be awesome from time to time. Maybe I'll set some alarms on my phone that ring to get me to force a little more activity in my day. Thanks for inspiring. And I'm praying you don't need surgery and it's "just" arthritis or better yet a twinge that fades away and ends up being nothing in the end.

Okay let me post this now. I've been doing this and getting distracted with work and an office debate on dance reality tv shows for the past 3 hours and I'm liable to lose this to internet gremlins or get ninja'd. I made it through lunch okay fortunately nobody ate anything that smelled especially strong so the temptation wasn't too bad except I'd not say no to some crackers, but no, tea- tea tastes just like crackers. Without the crunch. And salt. And carbs. And light oil. But almost, right? I'm going to make good decisions today and I hope you guys all have a wonderful on-plan day.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 02:44 PM   #41  
Diane

Hi all! Back to Monday. I feel like I had a really short weekend, with going in to work on Saturday. Oh well, at least I made some headway. It was good to have a rest day yesterday. I think it really does help. I finally had a good weigh in, with the scale showing a 3 pound loss this week. That makes only a 4 pound loss for January, but that's ok. I'm glad to see it go down. Now, maybe I can build up some momentum on the scale!!! I do think that running has helped a lot.

I went to spin this morning. It was really tough. There were a lot of groans around me, too, so I know I'm not the only one that thought so. But, I pushed and made it through. I do like that class a lot. Tonight I will do W2D1 of C25K. It is a little bit longer run that last week, so we'll see how that goes! I'm excited about it. I think that with seeing a nice loss finally, I can really buckle down on my food and calorie goals. It was better last week, and maybe that helped with the loss, too.

Toasted: Glad that you are moving on and putting a not-so-great weekend behind you. It doesn't help to beat yourself up, you just have to make the next day better! Looks like you are about a week ahead of me in C25K. You're doing really well!!!

Jessica: Woo! 15 miles! That's really great. Lots of great exercise there! I'm so impressed!

Laurie: Sounds like you're making good progress with recognizing any binge type feelings. I think that is a major victory! Keep going strong with your beast mode. That is some really good money to win!!

MissLoud: Sorry to hear about the scale issue. Don't give up, though! You can power through and maybe you are headed for some good progress after a slow couple of weeks. Hang in there!!
Old 01-26-2015, 04:28 PM   #42  

I had an out-of-town hearing this morning, so it was difficult for me to slip away for my two-a-day gym trips during the day, and I have a date with my husband right after work. What's a girl in Beast Mode to do? Stop at a gym on the way (I do Anytime Fitness, and I love checking out different gyms!) and do an hour of weight lifting following by 45 minutes of running on her way back from my hearing. My run was less than stellar, but I did gin up the C25K to make sure I was pushing myself enough to make it worthwhile. I also bench pressed 90 pounds today. I could never do more than 2 reps, but I'm still progressing. I also loved it when the girl who did the lat pulldown after me sat down, tried to pull at the "11" level I had used, and began moving it up gradually until she settled at "4." She was young and looked fit, but could not compete with my Beast Mode self (at least at that particular exercise on that particular day)!

Jessica - It's so great that you are still making such great progress even with all the craziness in your life. The "new love" thing can be the hardest one to tackle. But you and your 15-mile walk seem to be making it all work.

Toasted - An off weekend doesn't erase all the hard work you have done / are doing, as you know. It's the giving up after an off weekend that'll do it to you. And you're all fast day focused today! I use herbal tea as well to fill the "not a good choice for me right now" food void. I drank it while the fam was eating ice cream sundaes on Friday. And you know what? I actually really enjoyed it. I don't drink it with sugar or cream, so I just focused on the flavor blend. Some of the flavors were subtle, but drinking this herbal tea that is a part of my frequent foods with focus on the tea was actually surprisingly satisfying. It doesn't always work, but it did on Friday. So, not a cracker, but potentially very satisfying. (Did I sound like I was trying to convince myself? Cuz there may have been a part of me that was trying to convince myself.)

Diane - A 3-pound loss! YAY! It's about time that the scale showed you some cooperation. One of the benefits of doing cardio every time, and often twice a day, is that I am trying new things. I tried spinning last night. I didn't actually love it, and almost quit to move on to something new when I realized that the spinning program I had put on the screen was just a pretend scenic route. Blah. But I just geared up my C25K program, and pushed hard when it said to "run" and found that I was sort of into it after about 10 minutes. The experience has led my already profound respect for your exercise work ethic to deepen further. Also, my butt still hurts, and I only did half an hour.

This no-scale thing is really weighing on my mind. (Get it? I made an accidental pun, and pointed it out, even though I am not impressed with punsmanship generally.) I absolutely believe that, for right now, the no-scale thing is working well for me. But it's really wearing. I find myself resisting scales everywhere, all the time. But in my mind, I have lost at least 20 pounds in the last week, and I know finding out that my mind has incredibly unrealistic expectations and has vastly overestimated my losses will leave me with more mental work to do.

Who says this whole weight loss thing was easy? Oh. That's right. All the skinny people who have never had to struggle with it.

Last edited by LaurieDawn; 01-26-2015 at 04:29 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:42 AM   #43  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys, so much-maligned Monday (#AlliterationMakesEverythingBetter) is out of the way, yay! On to more congenial days and great scale victories and non-scale victories this week. The fast day went well, yesterday, except I didn't get my evening workout in and instead slept over the covers fully-dressed, make up still on till I woke up this morning for my run. I feel gypped of a good night's sleep even though evidently I slept WELL. W3D2 of C25K is completed but not much else. I didn't do my post-run workout so I have quite the scheduled workout backlog to catch up on this evening.

Diane: I'm so glad the scale is finally cooperating with you. I think 4lbs so far this month is nothing to shake a stick at, hopefully things go even better this week with the scale.

Laurie: You are such a rock star getting your workout in despite inconvenient scheduling. Sometimes trying to convince ourselves is the best we can do in the circumstance and sometimes it even works! Tea is the new crackers! And I love the punsmanship! I mean you just HAVE TO, a "weigh" pun is almost your DUTY when talking about the scale. And I can imagine it's super hard not to weigh but if it's helping your journey, then maybe continue to hold off until you can't anymore and start doing the reality mental checks instead.

Lyn: Eeeek about your knee and back. That sucks. I know what you mean about having always dreamed about being a runner, even in my most sedentary moments, it's a dream. Like I don't necessarily want to work at it, I just want to show up to like the Olympic marathon and just have like a bronze medal in the marathon and have everyone say "what a natural born athlete!" #fantasist Low-impact is good. Your joints and bones will probably thank you for it. Even the lightest, fittest runners are putting a lot of wear on the bones apparently... and yet we persevere. Yay getting your walk in even with the discomfort- I'm glad that eased up. I'm just finishing up with TOM and my weight crept into the early 180s (not good!) so here's to new post-TOM lows for the year for both of us!

So the days after fast days tend to always be a little off-plan (by like 200-300 calories over where I want to be so not dramatic but still), so I diligently mapped today out and ate a healthy breakfast, packed a lunch to bring to work etc. Only to get in and my oldest friend (from like 2nd grade) messages me to ask me if we're still on for lunch. D'oh!!! I forgot. Argghhh. And this is someone whom I adore and rarely see although we live in the same city. She's more the social butterfly, real-life socialite, clubbing-type and I'm more the "ahhhh it's the weekend, I don't have to get out of bed-type" so that kind of makes it hard to ever see each other which is why a lunch escape on a work day. Maybe I can get away with not eating there and just "nursing a drink." I've always wanted to "nurse a drink" at a bar (we're meeting at a bar with food because it's closest to me) just like they do in books rather than just gulping it down before my food comes. We will see how it goes. I'll probably check in later to confess my abject failure or more likely reveal my awesome NSV of staying on plan for lunch (#PowerOfPositiveThinking). I hope you guys have a great start to the day.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:57 AM   #44  

Toasted - I had a similar situation on Saturday. I met a friend for lunch who I rarely get to see. I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich without the bread and asked the server to substitute a cup of spinach for the fries. I was very proud of myself cuz I'm the worst at restaurants. You can do it! Have a great time with your friend. Eat something on plan. There's money on the line here!

I continue to be in awe of you waking up early and getting in your exercise. I'm still not good at that at all. I'm also jealous of you crashing fully-clothed with your make-up on. In deference to my bedmate and his sensitive nose, I shower before bed, including shaving my legs. My preferred bedtime routine is to brush my teeth and crawl into bed without changing or removing my make-up. =)

Lyn - I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to have finished C25K and fallen victim to bad knees. I had some knee issues when I started running, which were almost completely solved by buying some good shoes (and they weren't even that expensive since I bought "last season's" model). It took me out of my training, though, until I found a solution, and I hated it. There's just something about running that made me really want to accomplish it. With the knees,the back, and the peri, you are staring down some serious challenges. And you tried to convince us that 3 miles was not impressive? You're so wrong, my friend. You are a serious, serious rock star. And, yes, I think Chris Powell does carb cycling. He doesn't talk much about his diet plan on the show, though, so I don't really know.

I am having serious clothes/body image issues! My closet contains clothes in sizes ranging from 10-16. I fit in one of the 10s, and continue to wear one of the 16s because I like it, even though it's way too loose. My unsightly "apron" seems to continue to get more and more disproportionate. I have a size 14 skirt that I love that I have never worn. I decided to wear it today, and it is really loose, but still looks awful on me because of the apron. So I am wearing the super loose 16 skirt that seems like it will fall off me, but at least you can't see the "apron" as clearly Even smoothing/shaping garments only help slightly, and not enough to justify the discomfort. Between my butt (and it's now cool that that is so big, apparently) and my apron, all of my pants and skirts just gape at my waist.

<SIGH> No way to get through it but to get through it, I suppose.

Still in Beast Mode. Had a great, exhausting work-out yesterday. Weirdest thing happened. I ate my reasonable dinner, which included some cheese (yay!). And I was done. No sugar cravings. The hubby and I watched some TV, and he ate ice cream while I drank some gingerbread herbal tea (Yum!) and I didn't even have a twinge of "wish I could have that." I headed up to bed, and went through the kitchen, and sort of wanted Sunday's leftover fried chicken (which I didn't eat on Sunday, BTW), but not seriously enough to even consider it. I keep some chocolate PB2 to allow myself some sweetness when I crave it (I usually eat an 80-calorie portion), and I didn't even want that, though I was starting to feel a bit hungry again. In other words, my mind frame is such that I am not even wanting the foods that will derail my weight loss. It's not even like the honeymoon phase, which feels very manic, where I don't feel like I want the stuff because I really want the results. It's almost disinterest. I am sort of celebrating it, but I am also very distrusting of it. Who knew I could be so surprised at something at this point in my life of fighting my weight?

Last edited by LaurieDawn; 01-27-2015 at 10:01 AM.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:49 PM   #45  
Diane

Hi all! Went to Body Pump today. It was a good workout, but I am pretty sure my arms are going to be sore tonight and tomorrow. Big upper body workout, especially the triceps. It was funny today though, before we went in to class, this one woman who is there all the time was going on and on about the weight I've lost. She made a point of telling the instructor how much, too. It was all ok, I really like her. Then we were talking about age. She was surprised that I am 51, but then she said she was 66. Wow! I had no idea. I really thought that she was maybe a little older than I am, but not that much. She looks great. Just reminds me of how good it is to stay active!

I did W2D1 of C25K. I could tell that they increased the running time, but I could still do it fairly well. It was warmer last night than it has been, and I felt a little twinge of happy while running. It made me happy that it is coming along.

Laurie: Yep, getting used to the butt hurt from spinning takes a while. It does get better, but you really have to suffer through until it does. Ugh!! I do love your attitude about your beast mode workouts! Running is getting to be fun! On the weighing thing, I do admire you for not giving in to getting on the scale. I am pretty tied to it, so I can't imagine taking too much of a break from it. But, I do think it is working for you! Smart!!

Lyn77: Yeah, I think I'm in peri. It has been a couple of months now, but it had done that before and then I got it again fairly regular for 6-7 months. I would be glad to be done, but I just don't think I'm there yet. No symptoms yet either.

Toasted: I hope you enjoy your lunch! I think it is important to enjoy things like that as we're all working through it all. You'll have to tell us how it goes with nursing the drink. That's tough to do! I wish you well with this endeavor! Ha!