Old 03-09-2015, 02:09 PM   #151  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys, so this weekend.... was... er... half a bust. Saturday went well but Sunday was what I like to call a HAM (hot a** mess). A real hammy HAM HAM to be exact. But it's past. I was reading (on Quora, my latest weapon of procrastination) someone was talking about "sunk costs" (and I was going to explain what they said but then I realized I was rambling and not putting it well) AND basically the bottom line is that, you can't mourn yesterday's costs so much that you forget and can't move on with today's assets and resources.

I went running today and finally got to do W6D3 of C25k. On my bootleg app version (I think it's called Go Running), it's a 25-minute run. It was kinda difficult to be honest, because I think my non-treadmill-regulated instinct is to run my little heart out as fast as I can and I'm still learning to pace myself. I probably looked like the kid from the movie The Incredibles- y'kno, the one with the super speed that had to keep running slowly to match up with the other kids at the end? Anyway, I was running, then obviously slowing, then running, then slowing down etc to the point that the last few minutes, I was pretty much wondering if I was still running or my arms were just pumping. McSigh, y'all! At least I know it does get better. Food-wise today has been okay and I have good plans for dinner so we'll see.

Diane: We're getting to be even runnier runners. We run outside for more than 20 minutes at a stretch. I think we're pretty much official even by the most run-snob standards! Yay making it happen on your W6D3 route. Are you thinking of continuing to do back-to-back workouts on Saturdays?

Mandy: I think your announcement idea sounds delightful! And Easter is a great celebratory time to do your announcement! How's everything going with you?

Skinnygirl: Pshaw Skinny girl!!! 33 is young!! It's in the cool 25-34 age bracket of y'kno, somewhat young people with somewhat disposable income... Yay quitting smoking AND what an amazing present for reaching 200lbs. I KNOW you're going to be getting started with your little one soon and wish you EVERYTHING AMAZING with that and am praying for success for you and your hubs in that.

Jessica: What a lovely corset! You HAVE TO share pics from ComicCon. And btw... you and J are RIDICULOUSly cute! Lol at nerding out telling each other how you feel officially!

Laurie: Yay you're back! Booooo your assistant inadvertently creeping in on us. How is s/he working out. I hope she's helping with your workload. Yay good food decisions. The exercise will come. You're ahead of the curve already. Please come back with us on C25K. And I'm glad you also got a good DL picture. #DMVHottiesOfTheRegainersRelosingBoard

Okay guys so this has been another all day post and now I'm finishing this on tiny buttons on a tiny screen which is no bueno. So I'll stop here. I'm still self-inflicted stuck in the late 170s but my goal is early 170s by the end of the month. And who knows the 160s are within kisssin' distance at that point. But I'm committing to that goal. I'm sick and tired of the late 170s. They were cute at first (coming from months in the 180s, y'all know, you were there!!!) BUT it's time for a change. Who's with me?

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 03-09-2015 at 02:50 PM.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 02:31 PM   #152  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all. Well, not a great weigh-in today. I seem to be a little stuck in the high 220's. I'm still struggling with staying on plan all the time with food. Workouts and running are going well, but I tend to get pretty hungry too. So, I'm not sure what to do about it. I'll continue to try to improve on that part, and keep working out. I'm still feeling really strong and happy with the fitness part, so that's a plus.

I kind of died on Sunday though. I felt really worn out from the week. It makes me not want to do anything. I was pretty lazy most of the day. Which is ok, but I need to be able to get things done around the house, too.

Toasted: Well, at least half of the weekend was good!! I know what you mean about running too fast, slowing down, speeding up. I think you are probably faster than I am. I run pretty slow. But I've noticed when I go too fast and get tired quickly, and then slow down to the point that I probably don't look like I'm even running. Oh, and yep, I'm going to keep the back to back workouts. I liked that challenge.

Laurie: I totally understand not feeling comfortable about posting from work. I try to be pretty careful and fast!! It is just so hard to do it at home. By the time I get home, I'm tired of computers!! And trying to do it from my phone is a joke. Just post when you can!!

Jessica: Nice corset!! I like the color. That's great that it fits so well, too!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 03:47 PM   #153  
★ Kelly ★

S/C/G: flawsome

Height: 5' 5

Hi ladies!!!! I'm back from 2 1/2 weeks of eating my way around the South Island lol. We had a wonderful time I fell in love with this country all over again. Now I got on the scales yesterday morning and wasn't so shocked to see 245 staring back at me but now joy of joys we have all been struck down with a gastro bug and with a day of that I'm down 6 pounds lol. Trouble is the 2 year old got it first so hes feeling great today and getting grumpy because all mummy wants to do is curl up on the couch - my husband is coming home at lunchtime so I can go to bed. Oh well bonus is this didn't happen when we were in the caravan. ... Geez can you imagine!!! *Sigh* so I have a mountain of washing looking at me from holiday and now bedding and towels from sick children, and a small child wanting to make castles with lego at least my 4 year old is okay to lay on the couch and can sort himself out when he needs to be sick. No sick days as mums right!

Um and my tablet seem to have switched to the moblie version of this forum so I can't see avatars or tickers so annoying!!! Will report back when my head isn't pounding and I've had a chance to read back
MissLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 01:17 PM   #154  
Diane

I guess I didn't make it back here yesterday. I intended to, but it was a little busy. I went to Body Pump yesterday and back to spin this morning. Tonight after work, I'm repeating W6D2 of C25K. So, workouts are still plugging along. I decided to go back to weighing myself more, so probably every day just to see where the problem lies. It seems to fluctuate quite a bit each day, but I'm hoping to learn something so that I can get back to losing some pounds!!

Kelly: Good thing your gastro issues didn't happen during the trip!! That would have been awful! Glad to see you back here.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:59 PM   #155  
Mini Goal 1- 199

Hey guys, so this is actually a quick check in. I don't want to disappear for weeks again just because I can't write everything i want to. I've been ill the past couple of days with a major gastritis flare up and so I'm back. On antibiotics, painkillers and all the fun anti nausea, anti acid medication the generally mess up your digestion. I went to work on Tuesday but felt so bad today, I had to call in sick. I'm praying a lot and figure that if I believe I feel better, I will eventually. If that makes sense...

Kelly, I'm so glad you're back. I'm sorry you're feeling bad in the stomach as well. Please get well soon and try to find time to take a little time to look after yourself. I've been obsessed with the cricket world cup and supporting team NZ because of you and swooning over the gorgeous scenery they show before the NZ matches.

Diane: Yay keeping up the workouts. I didn't go running today and I missed it. Daily weighing can drive a person batty but it does have its uses as you say with helping us understand fluctuations and our body's reactions better.

I've got to go bow. I'm hoping to go to work tomorrow if I can stand/sit up straight without moaning and no longer feel a whisker away from hurling... It's going to be okay though. Nothing makes you appreciate health like illness. I'm feeling pumped to getting back to eating healthy and working out healthy. I hope you guys are all well and wish you an amazing rest of the week.

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 03-11-2015 at 06:06 PM.
Old 03-12-2015, 03:12 AM   #156  
★ Kelly ★

Hey Toasted, you poor thing! My gastro bug only lasted 24 hours. Feeling alot better now although the washing pile is no smaller - went for a walk at the park instead I hope your tummy sorts itself out soon so hard to get it straight after drugs. And at the risk of sounding unpatriotic, I have watched not a jot of the world cup! Not a fan of cricket at all, unless I'm sitting in the sun with a cold cider! Look after youself girlie

Diane! Workout queen. Hmmm daily weigh ins do my head in, although I struggle with weekly weigh ins too! Scales are just evil I wish I could be one of those people who don't care about the numbers but nup - every week they seem to determine my mood

On the mend healthwise, need to get some more sleep though. My 2 year old was awake every couple of hours last night with sore teeth etc and my husband was snoring! Ended up watching old Mad Men episodes. Dawned on me I have no wish to be a skinny Megan - give me Joan any day with a hint of Peggy lol Foodwise its been a bit of a bust, carbs carbs carbs premenstral post sickness foodathon will reel it in tomorrow - will wait to see monday what the true number is so will change my ticker.

Now I haven't been able to read back yet - but much love to everyone!!

Last edited by MissLoud; 03-12-2015 at 04:34 AM.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:42 PM   #157  
Diane

Body pump today. It was kind of funny. I was running a little late, long story. But when I went in the room, I started to get stuff set up and the instructor told me that she had it all ready for me. Ha! How cool was that? She said that she saw me walking in and decided to help me out! It pays to be a regular, I guess!

Struggling with food. I've been feeling ravenous lately. I'm trying to minimize the damage, and keep under control. Scales are awful! I don't know if it is helping to weigh every day, but I'm going to keep doing it for awhile.

Toasted: Sorry you are feeling sick! Definitely, take time to feel better and don't worry about the running. It will be there when you are better.

Kelly: Nope, dirty clothes piles just don't go away by themselves. UGH!! Glad you are feeling better!
Old 03-12-2015, 04:20 PM   #158  
★ Kelly ★

Oh I hate it when you just feel hungry all the time Diane. I guess just try and make the right choices?!

Woke up today in a right funk, I've been hovering round the same number on the scale for 3 months and I'm over it!! Time to enter beast mode as you put it Laurie. I'm sick of people saying you've done so well - I want to feel it. I know I shouldn't worry about the numbers on the scales but quite frankly thats all I can do to track progress. Also I'm suffering from really bad hair fall - like handfuls fall out when I wash it. Its getting me down, can't hide thining hair so vain

So plan of attack - 20 days totally on plan, no excuses. Journal all food and excercise 4 times a week (other than walking the dog etc.) *sigh* Goal is get back to 234 then blast the 220s

Last edited by MissLoud; 03-12-2015 at 05:29 PM.
Old 03-12-2015, 04:31 PM   #159  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Hey all!

Just dropping by to check in.

Everything is going pretty well here, except for my mild freak out that I wasn't having anymore nausea. But hoping I'm just one of the lucky ones that doesn't have morning sickness really badly and that it's not signaling something wrong.

Also, decided how we're going to announce to hubby's congregation that I'm pregnant... He'll throw it in at the end of the blessing before we go into Easter breakfast. Standing in the fellowship hall about to eat, he'll bless the food then throw in at the end, "And Lord, please bless the new baby Mandy and I will be welcoming in October. Amen."

We'll see who's paying attention to the blessing, anyway. Ha!

Hope you all have a great day.
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 11:49 AM   #160  
Diane

Hey Mandy, just wanted to say that I think that's a great idea! How fun for the whole congregation, too!! I can't wait to hear how it turns out.
Old 03-15-2015, 03:54 PM   #161  
★ Kelly ★

Hey where is everyone?!
Well weigh in was a good one this week, but I knew that because of tummy flu it would be a big number. - 6 pound, all water weight but I'll take it lol. Stuck in the late 230s and its driving me bonkers. I've started a weekly weigh in facebook page with a couple of my friends and I'm hoping it will give me the motivation to finally get passed this trampoline number.

Mandy I think thats a lovely way of announcing your pregnancy! So exciting when you get to tell people, seems more real so happy for you.

Hope everyone is doing okay it its they are just to busy to post - come back I need you!!!!! Lol so selfish
Old 03-15-2015, 10:25 PM   #162  
Jessica, Becoming Me

S/C/G: 260 / 199 / 150

Height: 5' 6" | MG: 185

So my manager came to me the other day and asked if I'd thought about putting in for the Assistant Manager position at work. The internal order has closed online for the moment, but she's said she's going to re-submit the request and that she wants me to put in for it. From what it sounds like, I'm a shoe-in for the job. She says that it would relieve a lot of stress from her because she knows that she can count on me to get things done.
garnetrising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 11:54 AM   #163  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Hi all!

Had my first OB visit today. It went well. They did a sonogram and the doc was nice enough to print out 4 of them (one for us, one to send to each of the grandparents). Plus they gave me a copy of "what to expect when you're expecting" along with some baby magazines.

Baby's measuring right on schedule at 8 1/2 weeks, and my official due date is October 21.

Edit to add... Here is my little nugget!

Last edited by FeraFilia; 03-16-2015 at 06:32 PM.
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 02:23 PM   #164  
Mini Goal 1- 199

Hey guys, so this is a super quick (for realz, I mean it ) check in. I'm well, I feel like myself again, so yay blessing!!! Yesterday was not great food wise but I'm trying to do better in general and just eat smaller meals and less things so I can hopefully manage my stomach issues better. Today is going well in general and is on track to be a good fast day.

Mandy: Yay on everything progressing well! I like your pregnancy revelation plan- way to see who's listening and who's making lists in their head! ETA: Hey Little One!!!

Diane: How's food going? It's a struggle on my end too. I'm part afraid to eat and part ravenous so I've been doing that nibble a little on everything all day which for me yesterday worked out to A LOT of nibbles A LOT of times. I hope your munchy-monster is under control now and you're feeling better with food.

Kelly: Yay good weigh in!!! Well cricket fan or not, New Zealand is rocking it both in the oval and in plain ol' good looks on tv so you can be proud... How's 20 days on plan going...

Jessica: All your hard work is paying off!!! And best of all is being recognized!!! Go girl!! I hope the job comes off for you.

Okay must run. Take care y'all. Wishing you all a wonderful on plan day.

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 03-17-2015 at 06:49 AM.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:15 PM   #165  
★ Kelly ★

Happy St Paddys day ladies!! My kids are running around with green hair, bath time is going to be interesting tonight

Mandy: oh it only seems like yesterday we were having our first scans, that weird mix of fear wonder and shear joy. Amazing! We had a 3d scan with my first because I had a low lying placenta - so he was 36 weeks and the picture was amazing! Hope the little jellybean isn't being to tough on you and pregnancy treats you well

Diane: hope the mega munchies go away, hormonal? So annoying though!! let me know if you find the silver bullet!

Jessica: go you! Moving up in the world so nice when you get recognized at work for all the right reasons!

Toasted: yip still on plan, my competitive streak has reared its head with weighing in with my friends (one of them is SUPER competitive and it will drive her nuts if I beat her lol), I figure if I white knuckle and stay on plan thoses numbers will get moving. Okay 6 pounds is heaps but I'm serious about getting to 234 and staying there. I have no more trips planned so no excuses. I'm so pleased your stomach issues have sorted themselves out - but the muchies need to skedadle!

Right I really need to take the dog for a walk, put more washing on, make tea, sort out what I'm to feed the 3 two year olds I'm looking after tomorrow - buuuuut my mind is saying one more episode of Mad Men lol

Last edited by MissLoud; 03-16-2015 at 08:16 PM.