Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 10:25 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Howie- Good job with the pizza! I hope your resolve stayed strong

ella - sugar detox! yikes! Keep up the good work!

Didn't make it to the gym yesterday my best friend had a melt down so I went to see her after work. Then DH had a melt down, he had a super stressful day at work. Usually he will get pizza or chinese after a bad day but he didn't want to cheat so stress eating was out. I got home and he was just shaking from tension.

I wish he felt able to change careers but he doesn't want to, he thinks he will get used to the stress that IT causes him. He is really good with computers and loves figuring out what is wrong with them or fiddling with them. But being the IT person in the office is NOT good for him. He takes what people say too much to heart. Managers are always saying they (his team) needs to get more done, faster, or else. Everyone thinks their problem takes priority and that he should drop whatever he is already doing and focus on their problem or else. and if they don't think he focuses on them fast enough or fixes their problem fast enough (or right) then they complain to his boss who then brings it up to him. He has worked for a few different companies and has had the same experience at each and he says his co-workers just seem to shrug it all off and it doesn't effect them so I think the problem is his personality not the company. IDK any ideas?

W= Walking
E= Elliptical
S= Swimming
ST= Strength
B= Bike (machine or real)

12/29 - 267.3 (W: 4.8mi)
12/30 - 264.0
12/31 - 259.9
01/01 - 259.4
01/02 - 259.5
01/03 - 259.5 (E: 35 min 2.5 mi; B: 13 min 2.5 mi)
01/04 - 259.1
01/05 - 257.8 (E: 45 min 3.2 mi)
01/06 - 257.4
01/07 - 256.3
01/08 - 255.3
1/9
1/10
1/11
1/12
1/13
1/14
1/15
1/16
1/17
1/18
1/19
1/20
1/21
1/22
1/23
1/24
1/25
1/26
1/27
1/28
1/29
1/30
1/31
Old 01-08-2015, 10:32 AM   #92  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Thanks for the pep talk Molly it sure is hard when people bring stuff in. My office is not too bad for that kind of thing but it does happen.

pnkrckpixikat thanks for the kudos and my resolve did stay strong. I only had the 3 squares yesterday.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:44 AM   #93  
Alicia :)

Height: 5'2"

Ugh so darn frustrated! Have been really good this week - ran 1.75 miles last night which makes 3.25 miles between Tues/Wed in the hotel gym. Have been eating correctly - maybe not getting enough sleep? Either way I'm only down .2 from 1/1 and down .8 from Monday. I know it will come off so I can't deter off course but still angers me!

Howie, great info above - thanks! And congrats on the pizza challenge!!! Very proud of you!

pixikat, has your husband ever considered getting into IT consulting? I work for a global IT consultant firm and the US HQ is in Dallas. Lots of firms in the US like ours - IT is stressful simply b/c the data and technology is some of the largest investments of capital that businesses make, so naturally the people running that area get all the stress so the operations side can perform and make the margins or get the edge over the competition. The reason I suggest consulting is b/c while we have very intense projects, the rewards are much greater than working as an IT employee at 1 company - and the work/people/locations are always changing. I do SAP consulting so we do brand new implementations, take the client live, roll off and then move on the a new client in a whole new industry. Just a thought I am stressed, but the salary, work-life balance perks, and lifestyle it affords me and my family (not just financially speaking) is way way nicer than if I worked in IT and made a fraction of what I do but put up with double the stress year over year.

Jill, completely agreed. Water weight is weight and whenever the scale goes down, I don't give a toot why it went down - as long as it's down!

Molly, what all does sworkit do? I may need to look into this

Wahine, haha I cracked up at that. Just don't eat the lead paint!

Rennie, happy bday to the kids! I love choc cake so that would have been tough for me!
Old 01-08-2015, 12:03 PM   #94  
Born Loser

Kelly that is rough when you don't see it come off. It is true what they say about your body changing even if you don't see it on the scale. I had not lost over 10 lbs all summer but people kept telling me I looked like I was dropping. I could even see it myself in pictures but also in my belt being losser. So don't lose hope and just keep doing what you know is right. Don't let PAMMI get you down. PAMMI(Personality Altering, Mood Monitoring Instrument.) otherwise known as the scale.

Last edited by howie6267; 01-08-2015 at 12:04 PM.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:16 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 268/246/159

Height: 5ft7in

Sworkit is a free app by Nexercise. You can buy a "pro" app but since I am still on the "standing only stretch", the word pro is nowhere in my vocabulary. Yet.

Sworkit lets you customize a workout and on your phone. You can have a little video of what the exercise is or just the audio. There are stretching workouts, yoga, cardio and strength. You can always delete the app if it isn't what you like.

The sworkit app sends the calories I burned in the workout to my fitbit app and myfitnesspal. If I were to increase what I eat because I "Already worked off the calories", I would know how many jello shots I could have. (haha)
But I don't, I just hope the calories burned in exercise make the pounds come off faster.

Today I closed my office door and did a 5 minute stretch workout just using my phone. It was a better pick-me-up than hitting up the coke machine.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:17 PM   #96  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

LOL WahineByTheSea I'm trying to reboot also. TOM has come and gone not due for another till the end of the month but I am craving salty

Molly LIKE!

Jill you got that right. Losing water weight takes will power and control so I am extremely happy for each little whoosh I get. Ha' some come how I had a two pound whoosh and I ate a piece of Rissa's bday cake with a scoop of vanilla after church last night, went to bed and the scale shocked me. I'm working on my water intake also. I need a tracker. I'm trying not to add flavor packets so I'm adding lemon, so far so good.

pixikat, your husband cares that's why it bothers him so much. Good for him on not turning to food for comfort.

akelly, your whoosh is coming, keep at it I need to get back at it. Maybe this weekend with the boys. Remember last year my son and I had the challenge going on, well he got down to 220 something but has started put the weight back on. So maybe it's time for us to both get back to it (scratching my head)

Howie, PAMMI

Well like I said above I had a 2lb whoosh. So for now 158.2
Old 01-08-2015, 05:26 PM   #97  
Started IP 11/17/2014

S/C/G: 455 (IP 444.4)/ticker/244

Height: 5'11"

Akelly & Love2Be

DC did get a few flakes ... it was about 3 inches by 11am and by 3 pm it was for the most part melted .... Right now we are just dealing with these horrible temperatures. School was canceled today and we have a 2 hour delay tomorrow but they could always cancel school by morning.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:35 PM   #98  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

TOdgen3 LOL everytime my kids talk to their friends up there and they hear about the delays and cancellations they say, :"Mommy why can't we move back?" smh. When I went to work this morning it was 12 degrees, by lunch it was 18 degrees and by the time I got off it was 23 degrees. We are expecting the same temps tomorrow.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:03 PM   #99  

My wish tonight is for everyone to have a good meal and a warm place to sleep.
Rest well,
~Molly
Old 01-08-2015, 10:30 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 250/199/125

Height: 5'1"

Kinda feel like I've been pounded flat, then rolled back up again. Pixikat, I can totally sympathize with your hubby. It's been a week of 12-16 hour days thanks to a deadline next week, and while I'm on plan (barely) I'm starting to get heartily sick of Subway for supper, especially as I can't vary the sub as much as I'd like and STAY on plan.

The worst part about this is I just can't get motivated to go to the gym when I'm working these hours. Here's hoping for more progress tomorrow, as I'd really like to not have to go in on Saturday (or Sunday for that matter...)

ok. /whine. thanks for listening, I'm off to make something I can take for supper tomorrow instead of buying yet another sub.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:17 PM   #101  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 286.8/198.8/150ish

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by akelly728 View Post
imthegoddess, Great work staying on plan! I'm doing well this week too and it's such a motivating feeling! No sugar will definitely do that to you. Getting rid of that processed stuff in the blood takes a while for the body to adjust and no longer crave it. You're braver than me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
imthegoodess, way to go on the 5th ... humm on the the 6th I wonder if the lack of energy could be a sugar withdrawal the body is an interesting thing. Hope your energy level is up today
Thanks for the encouragement guys. I really need to make this work for my health. I do feel better after 6 days. Tomorrow is my "cheat day", but I plan to be diligent. I don't want to undo any progress I made this week. A few of us go to lunch each friday at work. It is our mini reward for sitting at our desk through lunch every day, working. I have already thought of things I could get depending on where we go that will help me keep on track. I plan to follow the plan for the rest of the day.

I also plan to weigh in tomorrow. I hope I see some positive results. Everyone on the Beyond Diet website is posting these huge losses the first week. I know it is mostly water weight, but I will be sad if I don't see at least a few pounds gone. Either way, I sticking to this. I feel much better this week than last. I also gave up alcohol at the same time.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:16 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone

I'm hereeee Rennie. Been a busy start to the year. With going back to work and daycare after some time off - not relaxing at all, we were laden with illnesses of some sort or other. In any case, I'm trying to get back on track, but ended up going to an Indian buffet with some colleagues a few days ago because we hadn't been able to do anything before the holidays. Was completely bloated by that yesterday, so just trying to shrink it off now.

01/08: 196.6
01/09: 194.4

Will have to catch up on everyone's posts soon. Welcome to all our new peeps and heyyyy to everyone else. Talk soon.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:02 AM   #103  
Jill

S/C/G: 292/250.4/175

Height: 5'6

Everyone is doing great!!! Ups, downs, stalls........it's all part of it, unfortunately. I guess the best thing to do is just think what we can learn from it. If nothing else, maybe the good Lord is trying to teach us patience in an instant gratification world. I say this to myself more than anyone, as I have been frustrated over the last couple of months' weight lose.....or lack thereof!

As of right now, the scale is being kind. I am anxious to remeasure myself this weekend. I didn't take measurements when I started but did take them a couple months ago or so......I have to find where in the devil I put the paper with my info though!

This past week my husband, who was sick of telling me that I was losing inches even though I didn't feel like it, got out some pictures to show me. It was some shots he took of me, in a bathing suit, in 2010. I was starting a diet and they were my "before" pics. When I started my diet in Aug (2014) I was at 281.4 and I was at 291.2 when he took these pics. He took pics of me, in the same suit this week. Before he would let me see the "before" pics, he put them side by side and, I have to admit, I was shocked at the difference.

Things like that tend to help me on those days that I am having a pity party over the realization that I'm not going to make some goal I set or I'm not seeing the number I want to see on the scale. Yes, this journey is going to take longer than I would like but at least I'm not where I was!

Love2b150, I saw a post on Pinterest where someone had purchased water bottles and had marked a schedule on the bottle. They had just marked lines on the bottle (that they needed to drink down to) and assigned times to each. Like one line might say 8am and the next might say 10 am. I think I might try this as that sort of thing seems to work well with me.

Howie, PAMMI! LOL!!!!!

1/1: 235.8 Tom
1/2: 236.6 Tom
1/3: 234.6 Tom
1/4: 235.0 Tom
1/5: 235.0
1/6: 235.2
1/7: 232.4
1/8: 232.0
1/9: 231.8

Last edited by Jb1975; 01-09-2015 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Forgot to add my weight!
Old 01-09-2015, 11:19 AM   #104  
Born Loser

Well I had another whoosh as you all call it and lost 8 more pounds this week. So that felt good.

Imthegoddess, Friday is normally our treat night too but Ohio State is in the National Championship game on Monday so I moved this weeks treat night to Monday. GO BUCKS!

vchan000, I could eat subway everyday, my wife hates that about me. LOL

Jill I can't take credit for Pammi, that came from a diet daily devotion book called Diet Nuggets And Wisdom Appetizers by Kathleen Kurlin. It's a great little daily devotion and prayer. She also has another term I really liked and used. It's watch and count your BLT's (Bites, Licks and Taste) LOL.

12/26 - 322
01/02 - 315
01/09 - 307
01/16 -
01/23 -
01/30 -
Old 01-09-2015, 12:13 PM   #105  

Howie you are doing great!
Great posts on ridding bodies of caffeine, sugar, toxins and adopting new behaviors and good habits. Thank you for the encouragement.

Note to all--I will try to get better about answering people individually. I tend to categorize ppl with names I remember them by- like Howie or Kelly or goddess - and it may not be what you want to be called. So, until I feel "safe" here I kind of hold back.

That being said, I read all the posts and as I do I feel/share your successes and frustrations. I am always on your side and I always wish you well. If you think of anything I can do to help you, please let me know.

Have a fat-free Friday!
~Molly
Closed Thread