Old 12-19-2014, 12:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 293/285.2/180

Height: 5ft 6in

Talking After years of denial I'm finally ready.

Hey guys! I'm new here and I'm so glad I found this website. It's already hard trying to lose a lot of weight but it's even harder when you don't have any support Hopefully with the help of you guys I can motivate myself to get fit and lose this freeloading belly that's just hanging around contributing nothing to my life but a place to place my remote when I'm watching television(horrible right lol).
Anyway my name is Nicole and my weight loss goal right now is 110 pounds. My current weight is 293 and I've had enough, I'm ready to get rid of this weight and gain some confidence!
Oh and good luck to all of you on this weight loss journey! !
Loseit4ADA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 296/273/190

Height: 5'10

Hey, I started right where you are! I was at 296 at my heaviest and I'm working towards 190ish (although I'm sure my goals will shift a bit as I get closer). I haven't done the thing with the remote but I have used my belly to hold a dish of food while watching TV, on more than one occasion. Time to lose the belly is right! Having a portable TV dinner table is not a good enough reason to keep my belly around!

Welcome to the forum. There are some great people here and so far it's helping me a lot.

Have you made a plan already for how you're going to work towards your goals? There are soooooo many ways to lose weight. Hope you have some luck finding a good plan for you!
faiora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 02:52 AM   #3  
pick your hard

S/C/G: 240/192/145

Kitcherella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 08:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 293/285.2/180

Height: 5ft 6in

Hey! I have started a food journal and began to limit my calorie intake to 1900 and I'll modify it if I need to. I also began using DDP yoga and WOW! Talk about breaking a sweat. I think counting calories will be hard for me because I'm always forgetting to write everything down and on top of that I'm prehypertension so I'm counting both calorie and sodium intake.
Loseit4ADA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 10:24 AM   #5  
Truffle Queen

S/C/G: 302/260.8/150

Height: 5'8"

I'm a calorie counter too. The easiest way for me to track food is to use an app, like MyFitnessPal. I can look up foods and log them or scan the barcode of the packaged food I'm eating. I would also invest in a food scale and weigh things out. You'd be amazed at what a serving looks like when you take the time to weigh it!

Anyway, good luck with your journey!

-PT
PinkTaffeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 08:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loseit4ADA View Post
Hey! I have started a food journal and began to limit my calorie intake to 1900 and I'll modify it if I need to. I also began using DDP yoga and WOW!
Welcome aboard Nicole!! That's a solid plan of action you've got. I'm a calorie counter too, and I started off doing just what you're doing. I can tell you it works. Good luck!
Streudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 12:54 PM   #7  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Welcome to 3FC! Nicole

I started at 310 and now I'm 284 but I did get down to 281 at one point which is my lowest weight so far. My goal is 150. On the 16th of next month it will be one year into my weight loss journey.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 08:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 432/180/200

Height: 5'11

Welcome to the forum and best wishes on your WOE.
TheSatinPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote