Old 12-17-2014, 11:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 272/272/165ish

Height: 5' 7"

Default Cyndies amazing 107 pound journey to awesome!!

Hi all, or as we say here hi y'alls!!

I am here to meet some new friends and get my life back!!

In 2003-04 I lost 131 pds, I went from 314 to 183,, only 18 pds from my goal weight!!!

And then some personal stuff come up and life hit hard,, so I have been sitting here watching the scale climb and climb,, sure I started diets and lost weight got down to 216 once and gained it all back plus, wash, rinse, repeat!

Now I am sitting here at 272, (highest since losing the weight) and I can't do it anymore, it has to stop and I know I can't do it alone, so I am here I need your support, and some ever so tender tough love (LOL) and I'll do the same for y'all,,

Thanks Cyndie
Cyndiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 12:48 PM   #2  

My story could be almost the same as yours. I was in the 300s, dropped to the 170s and swore I'd never regain ever again. Then life happened, went through some personal losses and ate my way through my grief.

My latest high was 241 and I hit rock bottom, knowing it was going to be back to the 300s or back to the 180s. Either way it was about 60lbs. I chose the latter and am down to 227 as of this week. Not a big loss but I've been perfect on my plan since December 1st.

I bought a Fitbit and have been doing anywhere from 9,000-14,000 steps and joined some fitness classes that I've been attending religiously. And I gave up drinking. Those useless calories were killing me and I was making very poor food choices.

I'm here for you if you want to chat. I feel so alone with my struggles sometimes.

I wish you the best of luck. We've done it before, we can do it again.
TheLastStraw323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 02:16 PM   #3  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Well done, getting started and committing! One step at a time, you can do it!!!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 02:23 PM   #4  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

Height: 5'6"

You can do it! Most of us here are regainers trying to relose You're in great company!
Nagazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 03:20 PM   #5  

Thank you for the warm welcome,,

So hard to start over again,, Thelaststraw323, I hear ya, I am so depressed, pissed, you name it that I am back here looking 300 in the eye, I swore it wasn't going to happen. OOPS LOL But you seem to be doing really good now, so you go girl!!

Thank you Toastedsmoke I need the encouragement!

And Nagazim, read your bio I've got chickens, bee hives and a struggling garden.

Thanks for you kind words it does seem that I am in some amazing company!!
Old 12-17-2014, 07:27 PM   #6  

But just think, you have 28lbs to 300 or 28lbs to 244. It's up to you to decide which way to go. And I think with you posting here, you really want to go to the 240s. I think you are the same as me, we get really nervous and never ever want to go back to where we were before. I apologize if I'm misreading your posts.

I couldn't have made the changes I made without coming here for support, ranting, crying, motivation, etc. I'd be lost without this board.

I look forward to reading your updates.

Last edited by TheLastStraw323; 12-17-2014 at 07:28 PM.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:15 PM   #7  

Last straw you are right I just can't go back!

I like your analogy 28lbs up or down, it's up to me right?

The 26th the hubby and I are going on a 10 day road trip,, going to try to be good
Old 12-18-2014, 01:25 PM   #8  

We worked too hard to ever go back!

It's up to you! We can have all the tools, rules, equipment, etc. but if we don't get our head in the right place, it doesn't matter.

I didn't mean to call out your 28lbs, I was just trying to do the numbers the same way I did for me. I was either going back to the 300s and giving up altogether or getting a grip and getting my act together. I prayed and prayed for myself to find a way. Maybe you found your way by coming back here and posting.

10 day road trip sounds fun! It's just as easy to eat healthy food as it is to eat bad food. Do you have a game plan for bringing snacks with you and getting in some exercise while traveling? I wish I was going somewhere! (Please tell me to shut up if I ask too many questions).
Old 12-18-2014, 02:09 PM   #9  

Laststraw no you are not asking to many questions!! I love it.

And like you I have prayed and prayed can't go back, can't quit on me. If I don't do it this time, then I just don't know..

Anywho we plan to do alot of hiking and exploring while we are on our trip, we are camping in a tent so we will be "roughing" it LOL

Just have to make sure I don't give into all sodas and junk food at the convience stores and fast food places,,, but I am so excited we haven't gotten away in forever!!
Old 12-18-2014, 06:55 PM   #10  

Ok good.

You already started with these posts so there is no need to worry about quitting now!

Oh excellent! Hiking and exploring = calories burned, win win!

Sodas and junk food can be ok. Choose diet when you need the soda and try to moderate the junk food, i.e. maybe trail mix that has some chocolate in it but has nuts too. Not that they are the healthiest choices but you could do far worse. A lot of convenience stores carry apples and bananas so you could grab those too. Don't be too hard on yourself, it's your vacation and you'll be burning calories with your adventures.

And we will be here waiting for you to come back with details and successes!
Old 02-09-2015, 12:21 PM   #11  

Hey I am back, we went on our vacation, my son lost my dogs so we booked it back home to find them.

After a week one was picked up by animal control and the other decided since his buddy was gone he might as well come home.

Long story longer both are home and safe. and son didn't get killed!!

But I am so off my eating plan it's not funny I have gained again up to 280 as of this morning!! Desperate and got to get serious,,

Deep sigh, and let's start again!!
Old 02-09-2015, 12:59 PM   #12  

OMG I'm so glad your doggies are ok! I'd lose my mind if anything happened to my dog.

Don't worry about the small gain, it's probably a lot of water weight due to stress eating and vacation.

The only thing that matters is you are back here at 3fc!
Old 02-11-2015, 04:10 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 285/277/145

Height: 5' 5"

Just wanted to give a quick pat on the back and say I am glad you are here. We are in this together, and I have found this to be the best place to get support from those who really "get it." I'm looking forward to watching your success on this journey.
FritzyRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 09:18 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 299/289/150

Height: 5'8"

Absolutely great to see you hear and ditto to what FritzyRoo has said - pat on the back to all of you for the commitment to move forward in life. Thelaststraw213, it is neat to read your comments on how you have moved the scale in the right direction. I love your positive reframe of watching the numbers go up or watching them go down. You are absolutely right and I had never once thought of it that way. Thank you....
Salus is offline   Reply With Quote