Need accountability for tomorrow.

• I need everybody’s help tomorrow. We are going out with friends and they want to go to a buffet. I try and stay away from these ugly beast but I did not want to ruin it for our friends. They have been wanting to try this place. So I need you all to keep me honest. I'm going to eat lots of veggies and drink lots of water.

• Okay Howie, We're going to demand a full report of everything you have at the buffet tomorrow, and if we don't hear from you, then we'll have to hunt you down.

No, really, you've been doing great and making good progress, so I have faith in you that you'll do just fine. Do they have roasted chicken at this buffet? Most buffets seem to have a great fruit and salad bar too. Maybe you can plan ahead, and allow yourself one treat of the thing you want the very most while you're there. Just budget it into your day before you go.

We'll be waiting to hear from you, but I know you'll do great!
  • One good thing about buffets is there is plenty of choice. Eat up enjoy but eat the right choices. Have two salads, fruit platter to finish. Justs because there are bad choices doesn't mean you have to make them. You say no to bad food every day when u go shopping or out.
    Enjoy it and I hope it goes well
  • Ok Howie. Now you know what a good meal would consist of. Fruits, veggies and lean protein. Since it's going to be sooo tempting, may I suggest that you don't treat yourself at all. It might set off a bad trend. Treat yourself another day when you can limit the quantity.

I know you can do this!!! Full report due Mister!!!!
  • ohi yeah... full report expected...

and there had better not be any chocolate on it!!!!
  • I'm rooting for you, Howie!!!!
  • Well I did good for a buffet but not with in my calories. I had one piece of fried chicken with green beans a spoon of mac & cheese and a spoon of mashed potatoes and gravy and one bread stick. I also had one plate of salad with regular ranch but the salad was all veggies. For dessert I had one small sliver of cheesecake and one small spoon of bread pudding. The key is I ate like a normal person. I did not go up 4 times and stuff my self. I'm pretty happy with the day.
  • Your in it for the long haul Howie, and 1 day that you go over your calories is not the end of the world! I know this weekend was a bust for me, but I am happy to know that tomorrow is another healthy day on program!

Even rail thin skinny people eat more calories than they should sometimes....

Oh, BTW I have to admit I had my first Krispy Kreme donuts in DC. My friend Elise surprised me by sneaking out early in the morning and bringing back donuts. I only had 2 of them, though!
  • It sounds like you did a great job Howie! Way to go!

Gayle
  • Thanks for the support all. I feel pretty good about the day and tomorrow will be right back on plan. I got my walking DVD this weekend so I will get started on that this week.
  • Howie, that is so great. You ate very mindfully. I think that's what it's all about. Good Job!!!

Matt - Krispy Kreme and you only ate 2! WAY TO GO!! I can't even be near those things!!
  • I agree with Sandi. Eating mindfully -- being aware of what I eat and why -- has really made a difference. And knowing that I have to put it all down in Fitday for the world to see helps keep me accountable.

I'm really proud of you Howie. You knew what was coming, you made a plan, you enlisted help (us), you followed up. That's the sort of habit that, when practiced regularly, helps in the long haul.
  • howie.... you did GREAT!!! you satisfied your desires so you didn't feel deprived, and you didn't go overboard!!

and you're right back on track!!!!!

hey, even I had chocolate cake and french fries this weekend!!!!
  • Howie - I am SO proud of you!! You did EXCELLENT. Way to keep under control!!