Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 01:15 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

that was my first instinct angi, cuz the magic one and the cards one seems to clash. heh. alwasy second guessing myself.
Old 08-01-2003, 01:25 PM   #32  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Loosingit (Kris) : Blue belt?
blondgirl: smoking
mthergoos68: No drugs? God, I HOPE that is the lie!!!
Sherry: England

I've never seen No Doubt in concert, and it's a damn shame, after all the hours I've spent listening to their music. Their next tour, I will go, but the problem with that & the whole reason I've never seen them is I like their earlier stuff 10x better & they tend to just promote whichever album they're touring for. I miss Eric Stefani & his influence more than I can say.

Leno was filming a segment for his show @ the Matterhorn the day we were @ Disneyland. His chin looks a lot smaller in person. I like how no one thought I'd lie about meeting him.

I do indeed drive a Caprice. *sigh*

No, I didn't eat breakfast yesterday. Just wasn't hungry & although sometimes I force myself to have fruit & toast anyway, yesterday I just didn't.

Last edited by SuchAPrettyFace; 08-01-2003 at 01:28 PM.
Old 08-01-2003, 01:30 PM   #33  

Here is the TRUTH:

1 - I have a blue belt in karate

TRUE - I'm not really sure if it is still valid since I haven't practiced karate since I was 16 (13 years ago!).

2 - My DB & I pay more in student loans than we do for our mortgage.

TRUE - sad, but true.

3 - I own a tiara (rhinestone of course).

Nah, I just wish that I had one! I had a room-mate who used to wear hers while she was cleaning!

4 - I am fluent in French.

TRUE - I did all of my pre-university education in French. Right now I spend about 30% of my work day in french.
Canada is an officially bilingual country, so it is quite helpful to have both languages when you work for the government.

Holly - I'm not even gonna ask where you keep all those piercings!

Kris
261-188-155
Old 08-01-2003, 01:36 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally posted by looosingit
Holly - I'm not even gonna ask where you keep all those piercings!
haha. although i've always wanted an eyebrow piercing, i work in professional offices. so, all 7 are in my ears. nothing scandalous there.

Quote:
Originally posted by looosingit
4 - I am fluent in French.

TRUE - I did all of my pre-university education in French. Right now I spend about 30% of my work day in french.
Canada is an officially bilingual country, so it is quite helpful to have both languages when you work for the government.
AWESOME! i know french but i'm not fluent. i want to be, i plan on taking some conversation classes. and i totally want to go to quebec. =) i went to paris last summer and also want to go see other parts of france.

Last edited by gonzostar; 08-01-2003 at 01:42 PM.
Old 08-01-2003, 01:59 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Angi, I adopted my oldest son last fall when he was 31 years old. He was actually my stepson who had been adopted from Korea by his father (one of my three Jim's) and his father's first wife who abandoned him. I left his father, married my third and final Jim, and we stayed in close contact although his dad remarried the woman we lovingly refer to as "The Witch." After he turned 18 he moved in with my DH and me, even going with us when we moved to another state. It wasn't until I heard about someone in San Francisco who was trying to adopt an adult that we realized it could be done. We kept thinking that if something happened to him, we'd have no legal standing with him or our granddaughter. So I officially adopted him on October 18.

It was the judge's first adult adoption--and my attorney's, too. It was kind of fun watching all the people come out of the courtroom with their babies, and I'm going in with my 5'10" baby!

Last edited by Sheila53; 08-01-2003 at 02:03 PM.
Old 08-01-2003, 02:10 PM   #36  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

mmm so many to guess. mine are

1. i'm a memeber of mensa
2. i have the miami dolphins logo tattooed on my arm.
3. i'm to gradings short of a blackbelt in judo
4. guinness is the only beer i touch
Old 08-01-2003, 04:03 PM   #37  

Okay, here are my truths-

I've worked in FantasyLand in DisneyLand.- Yes I worked there for about a year and loved it. I had to quit because I always ended up spending more than I made on all the cool stuff.

I've endured labor and delivery 6 times with no drugs or medication.- Yup. I was always more afraid of the epidural than I was of the pain.

I work as a dog walker on weekends.- This is the lie.

I've done volunteer work in orphanages in Tijuana, Mexico.- It was years ago, but yes I used to do this and absolutely loved it, although it broke my heart.

Great game BA!!! Thanks!
Old 08-01-2003, 07:27 PM   #38  

Ok here are mine:

I DO have 6 tattoos...dated a tattoo artist and he really put his 'mark' on me but you can't see any of them unless I wear a bathing suit and that's no time soon!!! LOL

All those people are my siblings...I was adopted at birth and recently found my biological family

I am trying to quit smoking...already down to a pack every 4 days from a pack a day.

The cricket thing is my lie. It did happen but to my best friend...crickets freak her out.

Great game!
Old 08-01-2003, 07:39 PM   #39  

May I try this?

1. I was almost picked up by Bryan Adams on my 21st Birthday
2. I am on VH1's "Behind the Music" for the Bay City Rollers singing in the first 5 minutes
3. I had a pet Rooster that lived on my porch for 2 years
4. I have written poetry for Hallmark Cards

Lisa
Old 08-01-2003, 07:52 PM   #40  

gosh, everyone is so good at this. lisa, i'm going to guess Bryan Adams is the lie.
Old 08-01-2003, 08:05 PM   #41  

Actually the lie is that Hallmark has accepted poetry from me. Bryan Adams did try to pick me up on my 21st birthday in a club named Ripleys in Philadelphia. I was thinner than with a punky hair cut. He came up and introduced himself -- which made me giggle and we got to talking until his manager called him. I think he thought I was jail bait. I looked 16 but was really 21. LOL. But that is the truth.
Old 08-01-2003, 10:37 PM   #42  
having Senior Moments

S/C/G: 265/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Si - my guess for the lie is the Dolphins tatoo.

My lie: grand canyon raft trip (altho I did hike the canyon when I was MUCH younger).

I did go to 22 schools before I graduated high school. Unbelieveable, even to me. And I was a granny at 44. And I did get an up close and personal encounter (with a wink) from Sir Paul McCartney in England. << sounds of teenage-like screaming>>

Last edited by soiley; 08-01-2003 at 10:40 PM.
Old 08-02-2003, 12:51 AM   #43  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

This was fun to read ~ is it too late to play?

Here are my four:

In 7th grade, I climbed the rope in gym class and touched the gymnasium ceiling.

I was a foreign exchange student in Spain.

I have hiked the Applachan (sp) trail.

I lived in Ohio, but went to nursing school in Kentucky every day.

My guesses:

bethanne ~ squirrels sandi ~ steves
Goddess Jessica ~ pron director angi ~ magic book
Soiley ~ 22 schools kim ~ tims and jims
Synger ~ house of representatives heather ~ tattoos
Shelia ~ men named jim mthrgoos ~ dog walker
Matt ~ Nobel prize sherry ~ sang in a band
SAPF ~ no doubt si ~ beer
holly ~ 7 piercings lisa ~ pet rooster
looosingit ~ student loans
Old 08-02-2003, 05:58 AM   #44  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

Glynne, I am going to guess your lie is: I was a foreign exchange student in Spain.

Here are mine:
1. I am fluent in English & French and I am learning Spanish
2. I am going to be recording an album in the near future
3. I have 7 computers in my bedroom
4. I have never been out of Canada before
Old 08-03-2003, 11:57 PM   #45  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

It is true that I have lived overseas...i've spent 1 year living in England.

It is true that I am half Nez Perce Indian. My brother is actually very involved in tribal activities....

It is true that I shared an office (only for the day) with Dr. Weiman, winner of the Nobel prize in physics last year. I worked with his brother in a previous job and he came and visited for the day. The only extra desk was in my office, so he hung out there. Therefore I am famous by association.
Closed Thread