Old 10-19-2014, 05:27 PM   #1  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Default 04 Regainers regaining control, and relosing

Started us off on the new thread since the last one hit 500!

Continuation of this thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...-relosing.html

It took us less than 2 months to make 500 posts!

Last edited by FeraFilia; 10-19-2014 at 05:31 PM.
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 11:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everybody, and Mandy thank you for starting a new thread!

Laurie I'm a little late to the party but it's still a PARTY!!:ca rrot: :dancer :

You are in onederland, your body fat percentage is normal! You are TINY! And you have absolutely earned this! Please don't forget to enjoy and appreciate it. I remember being there myself-- and can't wait to get back! YOU ROCK!

Mandy Glad you're back on track. All that baking would simply send me over the edge, but it sounds divine!

JessicaSounds as if everything is going well for you-- rocking weight, life, and love! Keep it up!

Diane I did not think you sounded preachy at all when you talked about what getting fit meant to you. I needed to hear it right then. My head gets all wrapped up and confused about food, and I realized that trying to go about this without focusing on exercise too was the wrong approach. So great that your clothes are all too big! Such a great feeling!

Yikes, I'm never going to remember all of the rest of the stuff from the old thread-- so just waving and saying hi to Jenni, MissLoud, Martini, Lotus, and whoever else is out there

I'm happy to report that I had a good day. Cruella da Vil helped me out again as I had to do an after dinner run to the store for milk. Thought about making the milk run into a binge run, but I got a handle on the urge pretty quickly and so made it out of the store with JUST MILK.

Yesterday and Friday were both pretty bad for me, but here are some good things I did.

1. Logged my calories even though two days were high.
2. weighed in every day and didn't freak when I saw a small scale bounce.

Today, in the afternoon, I was feeling kind of antsy, and I knew that I should work for a while but I didn't feel like it. So, my first thought was "how about eating an entire bag of buttered popcorn as a way to make working seem easier." Then, I thought, no, how about some tea and soothing music. But then, I thought, I'm antsy, why don't I go outside for a while? I did go outside, and then decided to take a walk, and ended up walking 3 miles. By the time I got back the antsy "should I or shouldn't I binge" thing was entirely gone. Ate dinner and now here I am, at the end of a pretty good day.

I would like to stay on track long enough to see the scale move DOWN again-- for the last two weeks, it's been all about not throwing in the towel.

Meanwhile, let's all drink some bubbly for One-der-Laurie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg champagne.jpg (88.2 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by ubergirl; 10-19-2014 at 11:49 PM.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:15 AM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

Good morning, all, and happy start to the week!

Uber - Champagne! Thank you! Looks like you aren't completely off the struggle bus, but you are doing exactly what you need to do about it - keeping on keeping on. Completely on plan yesterday. Definitely cause for celebration!

Jenni Oh! One of 45 candidates. Not #1 of 45. Wow. That's a super competitive position. Sending good thoughts your way.

MissLoud - Yay for enjoying food while still on the loss part of the journey. High calorie days can be a part of any plan. And woot! on your great scale progress.

Mandy - Thanks for being vigilant about thread limits and starting a new one. Sounds like you have a plan to get your baking and your weight loss accomplished this fall. I expected no less. =)

Toasted, Diane, LotusMama, Jessica - Going to follow Uber's example and wave hello to you as well.

198.2 this morning. Which means since Friday, the scale has either said 199.0 or 198.x. Apparently, I have not truly learned patience. I spent so long struggling to get below 200 (I reached 206 at the beginning of August), and really sort of embraced being in the low 200s, that I thought I had learned that skill. Not so, though. I really, really want to put some distance between my weight and 200, and am discouraged that it's not happening fast.

I am also a bit discontented about clothes. Except for a few skirts and one dress, everything is loose. Which is a good problem to have, I know. But I want people to know that I have an actual shape now. Instead, I just look amorphously chubby. I have wanted to resist buying any more clothes for a while, just because even thrift shop stuff starts to add up. Up until now, I have only bought a couple of things because I had clothes that had previously fit that I was trying to get back into. Now, those are loose. So, I suspect I will elect to get a few tops. Sweaters, maybe. I saw some advice on how to minimize a pear shape, and I am extremely pear-shaped. The advice was to try to bulk up shoulders. And I noticed, with my bulky shoulders and wide hips, I am almost an hourglass. But nobody can tell if I don't wear things that accentuate my proportionally-smaller waist. Okay. I feel like I am complaining about something really stupid. I'll either do something about it or just decide to accept it.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:38 AM   #4  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone. I'll do a general wave hello as well. I can't post very long because I'm supposed to be working on something that has to be sent out today but I'm going to check in darn-it and make this happen in 5 minutes or less.

First we have a new thread and that's super exciting!

uber: Bad weekends happen, but awesome that not only did you not let your milk run escalate into something else, you also reigned it in and substituted the urge to binge for something good for you- a walk. That's amazing in every way and inspiring to those of us who wallow and eat when they feel out of sorts. Yay you!

Laurie: I vote new clothes. Maybe not a whole new wardrobe but at least a few staple items that you look good in for work. I think sometimes it's hard to appreciate your progress when you or others can't see it and if you can't appreciate your progress, then it's easy to get discouraged. I gave away all my too big clothes when I got to "overweight" BMI and then when I got beyond goal, I gave away everything I had bigger than size 12. Now that I've gone through a regain, I see that may have been a little ill-advised BUT at the same time, having clothes that didn't fit snapped me out of denial and now I refuse to buy bigger clothes. Anyway, point being, you deserve for your hard work to show and to look good. I understand not wanting to invest in a lot of clothes you're only going to shrink out of in months but still just a couple of things, eh?

jenjen: I'm crossing my fingers and praying for you that you get selected. If this is the job for you, you'll get it and if you don't, it's only because there's better round the corner!

MissLoud: I'm liking IF so far. I did it short term earlier this year and had a lot of success with it but didn't stick to eat because I was just experimenting with different ways of eating. I think this is what I want to try to do forever (well at least for the forseeable future) though. The fast days, whilst not amazingly awesome, are much easier than I expected. What are you doing on fast days- one meal, two meals or small snacks during the eating window? I'm always looking for meal ideas, any tips?

Everything is going okay on my end, except the scale which has stayed at 182.5 this week. #lesigh On the bright side, it means I'm still in the low 180s so that- wayyyy better than being in the mid or high 180s. I had a pretty alright on plan weekend. Sunday is my free day so it was the usual but I was very much on plan the rest of last week and I'm back on plan today which is a fast day. I worked out today which is good and I'm kinda sore from that. And if I can get up at a reasonable time tomorrow, and it isn't raining cats and dogs, I will go for a run. I'm thinking of redo-ing C25K maybe from week 4 to get used to running outside in the humidity on cobblestones. I find running outside harder because I tend to run faster than I can when a machine isn't telling me what speed to run at... if that makes sense.

Anyway I must go now. 5 minutes has turned more into 10. I'll check in later or tomorrow. Have an awesome day, everyone!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:25 PM   #5  

Good Morning Chickies.

Laurie So, I do have a strong opinion about the clothes, and about getting your head in a good place in general as you head below 200. I also vote that you should get a few new clothing items. It is so important for you to feel smaller and start to realize what you've accomplished.

I feel like a preacher here, but I SO WISHED I had learned how to be happy when my own BF was 31% and I was running and rocking size 12s and 14s. I feel like I could have kept the weight off if I had learned to stop and recognize how awesome it really was!!! So find yourself one or two outfits that make you feel amazing and special. Sometimes, I hear this ambivalence in you-- it's like objectively you realize that you are closing in on normal, but you are afraid to call yourself "normal" because your body image is distorted.... maybe that's off base, but it sounds REALLY FAMILIAR to me. I used to think "I can't look as good as I think I look because I still weigh 188 lbs... so the fact that I can run five miles a day, wear normal-sized clothes, and have a normal body fat percentage is just a giant conspiracy and in reality I'm a huge fat hag..."

HOPEFULLY you are not as crazy as me!!! But as you get closer and closer to a weight you will want to maintain permanently, it is really important to work super hard on recognizing what you've achieved! So some curvy clothes are definitely in order!

Toasted When I lost all the weight last time I gave away every single piece of "fat" and "on-the-way-down" clothing, then I bought myself a whole new wardrobe. ALL of those clothes are now packed up in boxes, and I never really bought a new wardrobe when I regained-- ever since then, I've had very few clothes. In part, because I work from home now, it's easier for me not to have a lot of clothes, but still, it's a bummer.

I know exactly what you mean about running outside versus on a treadmill. My treadmill times and distances are always faster than when I run outside. Apparently, the treadmill itself helps with running a little because of its movement, which is why you're supposed to set some resistance, but even with resistance it seems easier to me to run on a treadmill. Part of it is psychological for me too. For some reason, when I'm on the treadmill, I just tell myself I'm going to run for a specific period of time and then I just stick with it, but outside I look off in the distance and think "I'll never make it" which makes it harder for me to push through it.

I've redone C25K starting at week 4 before. Sounds like a great idea.

Hello to everyone else-- I'll probably be checking in again later today. Feeling good today, but it always gets harder for me as the day goes on.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:59 PM   #6  

Uber - You are SO EXACTLY RIGHT. I am wearing primarily 12s, 14s, and some 16s right now. My BF, according to my maybe-right scale, is less than 30%. And last Thursday, I ran/walked outside, with hills and stuff, for 4.25 miles and finished at an average pace (according to my runkeeper app) of 4.5 mph. I do need some perspective. I, for whatever reason, feel both fat and normal right now. I feel like this weight is normal for me, even though pre-stillborn, I hovered roughly around 170, and post-stillborn, I settled in at about 240-250. But I also feel really fat right now. Part of me wants to embrace being normal fat. Part of me recognizes that starting a weight loss effort is much more difficult than maintaining one, and thinks it's ridiculous to pause, especially because I may be finally getting my momentum back. And I hear that voice. The one who tells me I am both huge and fat. It's probably the same voice who tells me I'm fooling everyone when I achieve things in my professional life. The one who tells me my kids don't need me anymore. And the one who tells me that my husband really wishes he could trade me in for his ex-wife. Okay. I am taking a deep breath, telling that hooker to shut up, and deciding to enjoy being smaller than I have been since 2008. Thank you for relating.

Glad you're on plan today and feeling good about staying there. Two days in a row is the beginning of a good streak!

Toasted - Woot on being in the low 180s! Woot on getting in your exercise this morning! And woot on forcing the time to post here! Yay for C25K. Can't wait to hear about your running successes!

And I did it! I followed the advice of Toasted and Uber. Went to the thrift store, spent about $25, and got one new skirt, several sweaters, and two jackets. One of the jackets is size 10. One of the sweaters is a medium. The skirt was the one thing I didn't try on, and it ended up being unflattering when I put it on in the dressing room after buying it, cuz there was no way I was going back to work in that outfit I was wearing this morning. I am wearing the same size 16 skirt as this morning, but I folded it over several times and used a paper clip so that it doesn't feel like it's floating off of me. And I feel SO MUCH BETTER. I am not one of those "gotta look good to feel good" chickies. But sometimes, when I'm feeling blah, feeling like I look good helps me feel better. And I know I have lots of fat on me, but I am really going to try to take Uber's very good advice and focus on the good things about my figure. Cuz if I can't appreciate it, I will fall victim to the voice in my head that says, "You'll never be thin anyway, so why not just enjoy the cookie? That is something that is within your control." To her, I say, "Shut up, hooker." It's a phrase I will need to repeat many times today, I suspect. I am hoping it is an effective strategy to rid myself of this ridiculous melancholy. I FINALLY made it to Onederland. I will enjoy it.

Last edited by LaurieDawn; 10-20-2014 at 04:02 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:09 PM   #7  
★ Kelly ★

S/C/G: flawsome

Height: 5' 5

Urg TOM is mucking about with the scales! Not getting back on until monday/tuesday next week depending on when we get back.

Laurie - I vote with the others, new clothes! Or do you sew? you could take your clothes in there are heaps of tutorials online. Call me vain but feeling good about how you look makes a big difference on how I stick to plan.

Toasted - on my fast days I tend to have a coffee at breakfast, something small if im hungry at lunch like a boiled egg and a piece of fruit and dinner with my family I will have what they are having but twice the vege and half or none of the meat. The fast days are totally fine for me too, its the day after I have to write my calories down or I don't eat enough, its like my brain is still in fast mode - don't want to starve myself!

Uber - sounds like you are in a better place, good work on the milk run!

Hi everyone else - git to go my nearly 2 year old is up to mischief! !!!!
MissLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 04:49 PM   #8  
~*Mandy*~

Laurie - I agree with everyone suggesting some new clothes. Maybe not a LOT of new clothes, since you're working your way down, but you could also, probably, pick up a couple spring/summer type shirts that are a *little* tighter than is comfortable, and some cardigan style sweaters to wear over them during the cooler winter weather. A couple different tops and cardigans to mix and match could stretch a while. Plus, you'll have the tops for when the weather warms up and your weight has gone down more. Your thrift store trip sounds pretty successful, though, except the skirt. When I was working my weight down before, I hit a Salvation Army store on a half price day (they did it every Weds at the store I went to) and got several pairs of jeans in descending sizes for $3 a pair. Plus a dress in a size 20 that I still haven't managed to get into for like, $5, a a handful of tops. I think I came away with 4 or 5 pairs of jeans (Size 20, 18, and 16) for me, 2 pairs of jeans for hubby, 3 or 4 tops, and a dress for less than $50, probably closer to $40. Maybe investigate that option? Plus, when you're done with what you buy, you can take it back, donate it, and get new. I have a whole pile of size 24 jeans (at least 4 pairs, maybe 5) that I'm stashing away until I can donate them for the rummage sale at the church next fall.

Uber - It's weird how if there are snacks sitting out, they are like a magnet. If I can see it, I feel like I'm supposed to eat it... but I'm actually really good about baking something and then leaving it alone, especially if I know I'm giving it away. It seems a little rude to me to give away a cake with a slice missing Cookies are different, and I'll be baking those for the youth group who is putting together a 'haunted walk' for the trunk-or-treat next Sunday, so I'll probably sample and then put them away so I don't see them. Kudos on the walking instead of snarfing down popcorn... way to shut the binge-hooker up! I hope you're still feeling good when you read this!

Toasted - Glad to see you checking in! IF is my way to attack the hunger beast, too. I don't do 5:2 with fast days, but 16:8, which is fast for 16 hours, have a food window of 8 hours, mine is generally from 2pm to 10pm, with the exception of COFFEE, and supposedly that's okay as long as you are drinking it sans cream, and sugar substitute. I have a little dessert type thing around 10pm, and that keeps me from going to bed hungry, since I tend to stay up kinda late, and shuts up the snack monster. So, wake up, weigh in, chug a bottle of water, then enjoy a cup of black coffee. And by the time 2pm rolls around I'm ready for lunch (which isn't really a *meal* but a biggish snack), and my 2nd cup of coffee, with a little cream and sugar. I'm one of those weird people who likes coffee both ways

MissLoud - I FEEL YOUR PAIN. TOM's being a hooker for me, too. I'm on day 2, which is ALWAYS the worst in my cycle... I'm usually fine the rest of the time, but all of the awful symptoms seem to hit me hard on day 2. Today's surprise pack of symptoms was a nasty headache, vicious cramps, and snapping at my husband for no apparent reason. It's lovely, really. I'm sure my husband rushing out to visit someone in the hospital was completely unrelated, ha!

Today's scale showed a little bump, which was completely expected, because TOM + Pizza = water retention. Not a big bump, though, only 0.6, to 281 even. I expected it to disappear with TOM, and take some with it, over the next few days.

We got dinner delivered to us today by a member of the congregation, so I'm trying to eat super light during the day so I can enjoy the dinner. She brought baked ziti, garlic bread, and an apple cobbler, plus a tub of cool whip. We have some salad fixins in the fridge, so it's looking to be a lovely dinner, and all I have to do is put a casserole dish in the oven!

Yesterday was mostly on plan... until the evening when the TOM snack monster grabbed hold of me and wouldn't let go until I fed it a brownie with peanut butter and a piece of candy. Luckily I was able to stay within my calories, but the nutritional value of my day was pretty crappy... Pizza for lunch, cheese omelet with whole wheat toast + jam for dinner, and a ton of sweets after that? Not the best day ever, but still not the worst. I can live with it, since I didn't break 1600 calories (after a guess on the brownie, anyway).

So, today I've got my timer going again, and every 30 minutes when it goes off, I'm getting up and moving around, trying to keep myself away from the treasure trove of delicious goodies in the kitchen. It's working so far!

Hope y'all have a great day!
Old 10-20-2014, 04:56 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Thanks Uber and Laurie for the greetings!

Laurie--congrats on your progress! Under 200 is such a big milestone! You continue to inspire me.

I read some of the posts I missed on the last string. I was especially appreciative of Diane's post about how much exercise has mattered to her.

Also, Uber, your posts and insight are so helpful. I can relate to the struggles you posted about on the previous string. Seems like you are getting back on track, though. Good for you!

I am still working crazy hours, and suspect it will be that way for a bit longer. I did make the decision not to come into the office this weekend; I had too much at home that has gone neglected for weeks and weeks and was starting to get stressed about all of the things left undone. So, it was nice to be home and make some progress in organizing my personal life. I was starting to feel out of control and, for me, when I am out of control in one area of my life (be it food, spending, my house, etc), I am out of balance in all other areas of my life to some degree.

Hope everyone is doing well. Thanks, Mandy, for starting a new thread. Following the lead of Laurie and Uber, hello to Toasted, MissLoud, Martini, Jeni Jessica, and everyone else.
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 05:09 PM   #10  
Jessica, Becoming Me

S/C/G: 260 / 199 / 150

Height: 5' 6" | MG: 185

Hello ladies!!

Laurie, I can relate all too well. I'm still sitting at about 195 for my lowest though I haven't actually embraced the number yet. On days like today (where I was still eating at like midnight, bad of me, I know) I tend to see a number around 198ish. But I'm not letting it get me down and neither should you!

Toasted, if I ever find the time again, I'd like to get back into running.

MissLoud, ugh. sorry about ToM. I think we all hate it with the fiery passions of h-e-l-l.

Uber, you know, as regainers, I think that's a mental state we can all sort of relate to on at least our previous journeys. I still have those days where I look in the mirror or just down at my own mostly naked body and want to cry because while I'm losing weight I'm not toned and I've still got jiggly bits. But it's going to take time to get a fit body and all I can do is be proud of how far I've come and keep a good attitude about the journey still before me.

Ninja'd by Mandy and Lotus. Hope you both are doing well.

So today's the first day I've had some down time post-October 15th. And for those who don't know the importance of that date, it means I was able to finally sit down and fill out my motion for default paperwork in regards to my divorce. I still have to find a time to go in and file the paperwork - I'm thinking probably on Friday since I'll be 100% off!!! But it's all ready to be printed out, signed and filed. After that I'll need to get a docket date to go in and get the judge's signature and that'll be it. Done. <3 So excited.

Really looking forward to going down to one job. Will seems to be doing better. I'm gonna run out and visit him today after I deposit my first paper check from Verizon.

As for the J front, we ended up shooting a few more texts back and forth. It left me feeling like even if nothing else were to happen, at least I knew that it was nothing I'd done. Not that I don't expect us ever to talk again - what I'm trying to say is having talked again and not had the conversation end on an awkward typo I felt absolutely no angst at all when we didn't talk yesterday. I wasn't planning on going out of my way to chat him up today but I happened to be on FB, saw him online and shot him a message asking if he'd seen the new Doctor Who before I realized what I was doing. XD He did end up asking if I'd quit Home Depot. (I put in my notice but my last day isn't until Thursday.)

On some level, I wonder how he feels about that... like if he thinks I should have pushed with both. BUT I know that what that really is isn't me wondering if he's judging me for having put in my notice but rather me judging myself. There is a part of me that feels like I should have kept killing myself because of "you do what has to be done" mentality. The rest of me knows that killing myself wouldn't have done me any good. I know that I can succeed at Verizon. I can make ends meet and in 6 months, I may be an experienced enough sales person to exceed the point where I'm just getting by and actually start to be able to save up very real, very significant amounts of money. That's what I'm holding on to. The knowledge that my patience and hard work is going to be rewarded. I just have to keep working toward it.

Also, seriously considering going to school for baking at some point. I'd have to see what the class schedule would be for the Spring term and whether or not I could easily work my Verizon job around it.

Last edited by garnetrising; 10-20-2014 at 05:11 PM.
garnetrising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 08:01 PM   #11  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all! Well, back to work for me today and back to workouts. I had spin class this morning. It was good. I think I got enough cardio work in over vacation, that it wasn't an issue. Body pump is tomorrow, and I'm a little worried about that one. I'll still go and do the work, but I'm afraid I might be pretty sore at the end of it. We'll see. Just have to get back to it all.

I weighed today and was up a little bit. Oh well. I deserve it. I'm still down overall from before hunting, but I was a little lax over the last 3 days of vacation. I'm back on plan, so hoping it goes back down below 230.

Jessica: Glad that Verizon is working out for you. I can't imagine trying to work 2 jobs! I'm so hopeful that everything will start going really great for you!

Lotus: Sorry to hear about the job going crazy! I'm glad you were able to take some time on the weekend, though. Sometimes, you just have to get a little peace of mind!!

Mandy: No doubt in my mind that you'll get slight increase off again. You got this!!!

MissLoud: We'll miss hearing from you!

LaurieDawn: I'm not down as far as you are with weight, but I totally get the clothes issue. Up to now, it hasn't been too bad. I finally bought new jeans, but now I feel like my dress pants are like clown pants. You hate to complain about it, but I know that I feel frumpy in some of my clothes. I'm going to go get some new pants, and that's about it. The tops are still ok because I'm back into some that didn't fit last year, so there are a few choices.

Uber: Keep hanging in there! You're making it through!!

Toasted: Your running plan sounds good. Hope it goes well for you!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:44 PM   #12  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

Hi
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:36 PM   #13  

Evening check in. Glad to see lots of life around here.

Lotus I know what you mean about feeling weird about everything when one thing is out of whack. I'm very much the same way. I'm always a mess when I have to work too much! Everything else gets pushed to the back burner.

Diane Nice to have you back to your routine and back to posting. The small bump up will be history before you know it.

Jessica When you said October 15th, I thought of the IRS, LOL. I'm really glad that you are putting the divorce behind you and moving on. So many good things coming your way!

Mandy I am EXACTLY like you. If I know something is "off limits" because it's for someone else I can entirely stay away from touching it, and if there is something sitting out in the open, it's like a magnet. I always wonder why I can leave other people's sweets, candy, etc. alone and never think about it, but as soon as I think it's an open target then WATCH OUT!

Miss Loud See you when you get back.

Laurie Phew. I'm glad you related to what I said-- I worried that maybe I was going a bit too far. Also, I am definitely not suggesting that you stop here! ou don't have to settle for "fat-normal" but just remember that "fat-normal" is already a huge achievement and I heartily encourage you to ROCK IT!

Toasted You got me thinking about C25K and I downloaded it on to my phone-- I apparently lost my old app when I changed phones. I'm considering starting C25K on the treadmill...and alternating it with walking outside. The first time I did it, I found it excruciatingly difficult. I remember I had to repeat some of the weeks, but it did get me running. I haven't wanted to run at 250 pounds (my poor joints) but finally I realized that maybe if I run I won't weigh 250 lbs for so long!

Caliyah Hi! If you're dipping your toes in, this is a great and very supportive group of releasers, most of whom are rocking in much better than I am! Welcome aboard!

So, good day today. I walked 3 miles in 55 minutes-- it was hilly so I felt pretty good about it. I was tired when I got home as the whole second half of the walk is uphill. That my was my SECOND straight day of exercise after hearing Diane preach exercise and me realizing that this weight loss thing was stalled and I needed to take action. Binge monster at bay and stayed inside of calories, although I'm not staying at 1200, but ranging more in the mid-1300s. In the past I've been able to lose at that calorie level and I don't want to trigger the binge monster. Weight 251 this morning, so still up a bit but I think I'm headed in the right direction.

I really need to start moving back down... hanging on and not bingeing my way back up the scale is okay, but losing is BETTER. Here's to UBER completing 2 consecutive on-plan days!!! Even with my stalled out (and slightly up) weight situation, I STILL think I can meet the New Year's challenge if I get busy!

Last edited by ubergirl; 10-20-2014 at 11:38 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:50 PM   #14  
~*Mandy*~

Managed to stick to my food goal today. Ate light all day, then only had 1 normal sized helping of the pasta, 1 piece of bread, and a smallish piece of the dessert. I also drank a ton of water today, so that should help me out, too. It's still a struggle.

I've decided to set a end-of-the-year goal for myself. 260. 20 more pounds, in 10.5 weeks. I initially set the goal at 250, but that was before vacationing, and moving, and dealing with pastor appreciation month. If I can hit 260 by the end of the year, it will be 70 pounds gone in 7.5 months. Which isn't too shabby. I'll set my goal for 260, and really hope for 255, because how awesome would it be to start 2015 off 75 pounds smaller than I started 2014?! Keeping it at 260 though, because 2 pounds per week has been pretty steady for me (when I stay on plan!) and 260 is doable. I'm setting it as my next timed mini-goal. Eyes on 270 though, so I can claim I am no longer 'morbidly' obese. I certainly don't feel morbid!

Setting goal helps me focus, so that's the benefit for now. It's like starting a new project. I'm good at starting new projects... it's staying focused and completing them that is difficult. So. New project. Lose 20 pounds by the end of the year.

IT'S ON!!!
Old 10-21-2014, 08:12 AM   #15  

Mandy - Woot to new goals! And having a good on-plan day. 75 pounds down would be AMAZING. And great suggestions on getting slightly small tops that I can wear under cardigans and/or blazers. I think I will do that soonish.

Uber - Yay for exercise! 3 miles in less than an hour when it's really hilly? That's FANTASTIC. And I know you weren't suggesting stopping at this weight, but I have been seriously considering trying to take a maintenance break. The whole 10-day, 13-pound bump in August makes me think that "stabilizing" at this weight might be a good idea. But I don't really want to. I want to get to 190. =)

Caliyah - Welcome!

Diane - Glad you're back to routine. Body pump will be great. I doubt you'll face unusual soreness. Lots of body builders suggest taking a week off every now and then from your weight lifting routine. And, so glad you understand. So frustrating to lose weight and know I look better, but to still feel frumpy because my clothes don't fit.

Jessica - Yay for being divorced! And for getting life back to a less insane level. Glad things are still good with J! No awkwardness is also good.

MissLoud - Here's hoping for a great scale day after TOM leaves. Hope the days away are super fun!

LotusMama - Glad you made the decision to spend some time organizing your house. Those are such hard decisions to make sometimes, but things at work can be improved when your mind is not on the undone things in the house, at least for me.

At work early so I can be on the road for court soon. Road tripping with the hubby, who occasionally takes days off work so he can come with me on these not-exciting trips. I'm grateful to be able to spend some bonus time with him, but it increases the social eating requirements. But I'm having a super hungry day today already, so I may just take a controlled higher-calorie day. I have a work function dinner today, too, to combat.

Toasted - Hope you had a great morning work-out this morning.

Feeling better about life in general. I am really grateful that I know that sometimes, something as simple as buying a few thrift shop clothes can be a first step to clearing a malaise. Even when I'm struggling with serious depression, the act of doing one small thing to improve things can be helpful. I also genuinely appreciate the overwhelming confirmation that just buying a few things would improve my life. It was $25 well-spent. I have court this morning, and am loving the new size 12 blazer that I am wearing. Of course, the shoulders are a little tight, but that's just going to be the way it is until I feel stable enough at a certain weight to be willing to pay for tailoring. Cuz I gots biceps, baby, and having muscle is supposed to help burn fat, etc. Plus, according to some sources, having broad shoulders helps me look less like a pear and more like an hourglass. I'll take it!