Old 11-16-2014, 09:12 PM   #226  

Height: 5'5"

Just doing a quick check-in. Doing some traveling for work tomorrow, so won't be checking in until late.

I have been coming in fairly low in calories the past few days, and decided that today, I would eat dinner with the family and have a higher calorie day. I ate fried chicken and mashed potatoes, and kind of went crazy. Not on the potatoes -- I only had a small portion of those -- but on the fried chicken. I haven't eaten that much grease in a long time, and it's sitting in my gut threatening to come up. I am resisting, cuz I don't need purging to happen, but part of me just wants to let it come up so that I can stop being so uncomfortable. Okay. All of this is a lesson learned. I just can't eat grease in any quantity without feeling it. Not entirely a bad thing. =) But psychologically, I really want to binge. It's beyond ridiculous. I am literally sitting here sipping water to try to keep the food from coming back up, and mentally inventorying the sugar we have here. I can't imagine how truly bad I will feel if I throw sugar on top of all this grease. So, I am posting here instead. I will continue to sip water, and will not let any additional morsel of food pass my lips. I can't handle feeling worse than I do right now. Sometimes, my continued level of crazy surprises me, and I'm used to my crazy by now!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:28 AM   #227  
★ Kelly ★

S/C/G: flawsome

Height: 5' 5

Oh laurie I hear yah! I'm the same if I have just a bit of my trigger foods (crackers, chips anything salty and crunchy) its like a tap being opened. If I don't eat it I don't crave it at all but if I slip up and have some, its all I think about. I hope you get a handle on it.

Not completely on plan today, went over calories by 80, not a biggey but still not to plan. The food I ate was good whole food so not to much of a fail. I've decided not to get on the scales this week until Monday, it just annoys me when I see a low number during the week then mondays is higher!

Last edited by MissLoud; 11-19-2014 at 03:55 AM.
MissLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:16 AM   #228  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone, I disappeared over the weekend but it wasn't too bad. I wasn't on plan, but it also wasn't a "lost-my-darn-mind" binge fest either. AND I worked out. Saturday was fine but Sunday was a usual Sunday, not great but not as bad as it can be either. The weekend was super exhausting because it's my dad's birthday tomorrow and he officially retires today so there was a lot of prep to do AND my cousin is getting married in a couple of weeks so last minute stuff was being dealt with yesterday so it's just been... more hectic than I like my weekends. On the bright side, 180.0 stuck throughout the weekend. It would have been nice to have seen the 17x.y but it's okay. I didn't get to work out this morning but I'm pledging to do something later on today when I get home.

Diane: Thanks for continuing to inspire with your workouts! The endurance Spin class sounds INTENSE! I hope you had an awesome weekend in spite of freezing your socks off at the American football!

Mandy: I want to live at your house... Or be that sort of neighbour that always just happens to drop by at meal times. Your meals always sound SOOOOOOOO yummy! And yay on the continued fitness revolution, 4 miles on a Saturday night sounds like Fitness Rockstar territory to me. Go girl!!!

Laurie: Yayyy!!! I'm soooo glad your new plan is going well and the scale and munchiness-gremlins are cooperating, overall. Yay on a new decade approaching! I'm so sorry your Sunday was so uncomfortable post-dinner. I hope you're feeling better. The urge to binge is completely unrelated to feelings of satiation or indigestion. I may be stuffed to the point of nausea but I'm still thinking if I can fit in something else. Like right now, here I am, at work, still recovering from the indigestion of yesterday's big feed, it's a fast day and yet I'm thinking of how to stretch 500 calories into all I'm feeling like eating right now. Yay on coming to 3FC instead of just giving in.

MissLoud: Booooo higher numbers on weigh in days- it's always like that. Back when I only registered my weights on a weigh in day, I found that switching my weigh in day to the end of the week helped because the weekends usually meant an eating plan that was a little more lax than during the week. But being a daily weigher at the time, I kind of saw the trend that my lowest weights were Fridays and Saturdays and I made the appropriate switch. It's all the same thing in the end, but in this journey, every little bit of encouragement helps. 2.5 lbs in 7 days is more than respectable, it's pretty excellent! Here's to another 7 days of excellence!

Alright everyone, here's wishing you all a wonderful day. I'll try to check in later.

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 11-17-2014 at 06:18 AM.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 12:25 PM   #229  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Ha. Toasted - I'd probably welcome it. I always make way too much of a meal for just me and my husband and after a couple days of eating leftovers, it ends up in the trash because there's still some left!

My parents are supposed to be here in a few hours... but I'm not sure how the roads are looking for their drive in. I'm told the roads off of the high ways and into the house here are pretty clear, so it shouldn't be a problem for them. We were planning on going out to a local restaurant for dinner, because we have a bunch of gift cards (it's the only sit-down restaurant in the town) from when we moved in and we likely wouldn't use them all before getting more, so we were going to treat my parents. But I'm not sure I want to try to drive tonight. So, I've got a back up plan, and if the roads stay good for driving tonight, then we shall see. It's supposed to be all of 10 degrees over night, with wind chills close to -10. FUN STUFF.

Anyway, if we can get to the restaurant, I'll figure out something to have there. But if we don't, I have a pasta dish planned (with tomato sauce, and shh don't tell my dad, turkey smoked sausage)... mix it all up, top it with cheese, stick it in the oven. Kind of a can't-fail dinner, and something I know my parents and my hubby like. So, we'll see.

I ended up doing 2 workouts yesterday.... 5 miles all together in the afternoon, and then another 2 miles in the evening when I was feeling snacky because I was bored. So, I got up and did a 30 minute 2-mile workout.

Still working on cleaning up the place. It's fine by normal people standards, but for some reason, when my parents visit, I want it white-glove perfect.

Hope you all have a great day!
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:31 PM   #230  

Just a quick check-in.

Toasted - Yay on hanging on to 180! Sssooo close to a new decade--one you've worked really hard to see. And woot! on weekend fitness!

Mandy - SEVEN MILES? Wow. Look at you go. And I'm with Toasted. I would not mind stopping by at meal time, similar to Kramer on Seinfeld.

Kelly - Thank you for understanding about the tap. It seems like such a weird thing. And the 80 calories of good food? It's so hard to get an exact number of calories we're consuming. 80 calories over and under is virtually nothing.

I did not stop eating, even though I committed to it last night. Thank you, Toasted, for helping me not feel so freakish about the urge to eat even when I feel sick. Instead of stopping, I had several Hershey's kisses, a (small) cookie, and a freaking donut when I stopped for gas. And I woke up at 3:30 in the morning really wanting to vomit, though I didn't. Lesson learned. I was up 1.2 pounds this morning, but my body has a tendency to gain so fast, I am relieved it wasn't more, especially since it was a lifting day, and I tend to go up on the morning after lifting anyway.

I still feel queasy despite being up since 7:00 and doing a quick after-court 2.25 miles at the gym. I should probably eat soon, since I'm trying to incorporate more food into my days before dinner now, but I am not going to force it down. I don't think it's the calories, per se. I think it's the level of grease I consumed that has me still feeling ill. I don't really drink, but I imagine this is how a hangover must feel. I am totally into Extreme Weight Loss right now. It's a ridiculous show, I know, but I am watching it on Youtube when I run. I watched an episode where Chris (the trainer) decided to eat the way his client used to eat before she started her "transformation." He committed to eat like she had the full day, but felt sick after breakfast, and by lunch, he was vomiting and needed a nap. It's bittersweet to be at the point where I just can't eat the way I used to. On the one hand, it's really great in terms of helping me to persevere, but one of the reasons I have always decided not to get weight loss surgery was because I wanted to eat like "normal" on special occasions. I can still eat most carbs without anything close to "dumping" symptoms, however, and I suppose I can live without super-extra-greasy food. My current ability to run (and feel amazingly light doing so) and fit into size 14/12 helps sooth that pain. =)

Last edited by LaurieDawn; 11-17-2014 at 02:35 PM.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:39 PM   #231  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all. Had a weigh in this morning. I was down a lot. But... I wasn't wearing what I usually wear when I weigh in, so I think I'll wait until tomorrow and try again. I've been sick with a chest cold thing, so I didn't want to go try to do Spin today. So, when I went out to the scale, I took off my big, heavy robe because it can add about 2 pounds. Well, that left me with nothing on, and that's not how I usually weigh either, so I give up. I'm working out tomorrow, so I'll try again then. Body pump should be ok to do, I think. I don't like missing that class because then I get sore the next time I go. I don't feel like I'm going to die now, so should be ok to go.

Laurie: Ugh, tough lesson to learn. I know what you mean, though. I know that I can't go crazy with greasy/fatty foods anymore. Even if I want to, it just doesn't go well with feeling good afterward. Hang in there!

Mandy: Add me to the list of people who want to just drop by to eat!! I always think when I read what you're cooking, "Yeah, I should do that too" and then I come back to reality...

Toasted: Doesn't sound too bad over the weekend. Before long, you will be at that 17x number! No sense beating yourself up over not making it this week. Sounds like you are in a good mental place right now with dealing with it!!

MissLoud: It might sound like cheating, but maybe you should change your weigh in day to the middle of the week, rather than Monday. Frustration is never a good thing!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 05:23 PM   #232  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Mandy: Yay you!!! 7-mile champs! You should totally start adding up how many miles you do a week and then maybe at the end of the month, see how many marathons you've covered etc? 7 miles in one day!!! Go Go Go!!! Stay safe getting around in the icy cold conditions!

Laurie: I am totally with you. I wake up every Monday with the worst food hangover ever and yet I can be guaranteed to repeat the same thing... This morning, I was wayyy to indigested/nauseated from the night before to work out at any impact. Being sort of allergic to greasy food is a good incentive for giving it up. I REALLY love spicy food but spicy food hates my stomach so I've had to give it up however attractive it looks to me and it's been really just as well since most of the spicy food I liked wasn't also the healthiest.

Diane: Yay on a new low weight, even with different parameters, I think weighing with nothing on is probably the most accurate weight... well short of waxing ALL your hair off and THEN getting on the scale newborn nekkid... Which really IS doing too much for the scale... Oh well...I hope you feel better and rock out your workouts this week.

So I had big dreams of getting home early, eating my fasting supper, working out... I'm batting 0 for 3 right now... if that's the right terminology. And alas, it's 11.20pm and I'm still at work waiting for the sound guys to fix some videos that need to get to a client today (or as I'm now choosing to interpret it, before tomorrow morning start of business). I'm wilting guys... :whine: :whine: :whine: I've given up on the workout and kind of on the supper now. I just want to get home and go to sleep at some sort of hour. I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the evening. Good night all!

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 11-17-2014 at 05:24 PM.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:56 PM   #233  
★ Kelly ★

Soo tired today, winds are blowing a hot dry norwest, which makes me grumpy and apparently it makes my kids grumpy and tired too! Oh well not long til my husband gets home.

I must say I love having a dog again, those puppy dog eyes are hard to resist taking for a walk!

I hear what you guys are saying about weighing midweek being more forgiving but I feel Mondays give me a truer weight as I do some fast days I always weigh light the day after. So will stuck with mondays but will only get on the scales once a week I think ... well try to!!!

Just popping in to say hi! Also Uber where are you?!

Need another coffee I think!! Nash is refusing a nap and banging on his door

Last edited by MissLoud; 11-17-2014 at 08:58 PM.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:01 PM   #234  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Hi Everyone! Doing a quick check-in. Just got finished catching up with everyone. Can I just say...your posts are so encouraging. I love that you post the struggles along with the triumphs!

The stomach is better, but not great. I just returned from a trip to the drugstore to buy some probiotics. My stomach still feels a bit blotted and everything gives me indigestion. The good news is that the pain is gone. A week of bland/boring diet and Zantac did the trick.

I haven't gotten up the courage to start back on-plan. The work stress is easing off, so I don't have that to blame. Of course, I could always blame the holidays and yadda yadda yadda. Right now, I can't seem to decide what plan I want to follow. I don't want to do Southbeach and give up the sugar in my morning coffee. I don't want to do calorie counting because I start to get a bit OCD with it. I know....enough whining, Rhonda. In the famous words of NIKE, I need to just do it.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:36 PM   #235  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everybody,

Back with sad news. My father passed away last Monday. He had been unwell for quite a while, but still it's hard when it actually happens. The last week has been a blur of people coming and going. I decided to give myself permission to eat whatever I wanted with a plan to settle back down to plan today.

Last night, I went out to dinner and had a big hamburger and ice cream, and it gave me an awful stomach ache, so today, I tried to get back on a more normal eating plan, although, I am not really back on track.

I have weighed myself a few times, and last I checked I was up about 4 pounds-- it may be a bit more now, but I'm ready to get back on track.

Can't wait to catch up with you all and hear all of your good news!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 09:44 AM   #236  

Good morning!

Uber - I was so excited to see your post! I'm excited to have you back. I am so sorry for your loss. Someone else on this forum (though not this thread) recently had a loss, and was using exercise to cope with it, and was worried that people were judging her. I am a firm believer that during times like this, you do whatever it is you need to do to make it through the moment. Though the loss was expected, it seems as though when it finally happens, people find themselves grieving for more than just the actual death. There are so many emotions that accompany death -sadness, anger, confusion, often relief. Do what you need to do, and know that we are here for you to support you, even if that support means you just don't want or need to talk about it.

Rhonda - So glad you popped in! I am working on adjusting my plan right now too, so I feel you. Maybe just start with something as simple as being calorie-aware? Depending on your calorie level now, just a general overall reduction in calorie might be enough to get the scale moving until you decide on something more long-term. Or Southbeach tweaked to allow sugar in your coffee? It may work. I know Toasted is having luck with intermittent fasting, and Mandy does a version of that as well. I had pretty good luck with it for a while as well. Regardless of the plan you choose, yay on working through your stomach issues! I feel like a baby for whining so much about my momentary, self-induced GI distresses.

Kelly - Yay for great external influences! Those pup eyes sound irresistible. Any swimming updates? I'd love to hear about that triumph when it comes!

Toasted - Your work schedule is unrelenting! I am so impressed with how committed you are to the weight loss even when you're there until 11:20 p.m. with the sound guys! Just a random thought (that comes from my totally insane law school experience, where it became an obsession to squeeze all the productivity I could from every minute of the day). If you don't have to be actively engaged while you wait for the sound guys, is there a place you could slip off to and do body weight strength training exercises or even a few walking/running laps? Not the same as the work-outs that you kill, but it's something, and it would help me feel less inclined to start swinging a baseball bat at some equipment (to continue your baseball metaphor). Again, just a thought. I hope you were able to get some rest last night.

Diane! - So glad to hear about the scale victory! I am always so impressed with the fact that you work out in the mornings, BTW, especially intense classes like spin and body pump. Not only am I the worst about waking up, but on weekends, when I work out first thing, I feel it the rest of the day. Maybe I'm just a wimp. =)

I am up again this morning - to 190.6. Quite unhappy about it as well, but it's probably just my body continuing to react to Sunday's binge. I was totally on it yesterday, though. And I am feeling physically much better this morning than I was yesterday morning, so I did get that reward for being on plan. Going to keep on keeping on, and trust that I will see the 180s soon enough. I would really like to meet my next trainer challenge, and I know that it's going to be the hardest one, so (outside of Sunday's slip-up) I am really doubling down on exercise and nutrition. We'll see how it goes.

I also cleaned out my closet again. I tried most things on, and got rid of anything that looked so sloppy I felt like I couldn't wear it to work. My closet is pretty bare, though I still have enough to get me through, and I do have clothes that I bought too small that I still don't fit into. Also, I'm re-learning (again) that pencil skirts do not and will not ever look good on me, so I parted with the two that I had in my closet that finally fit, but look horrible. I really don't want to buy new clothes, so I'm just going to make do for now. It will be nice not having to try on outfit after outfit trying to find something that fits reasonably well, though. And while my general attitude about it is alarmingly negative -- I'm mostly annoyed by it -- it is a great manifestation that my plan is working, so I'm trying to consider it an NSV. My money situation is tight, since we're finishing the basement, so maybe that's related.

Very long post this morning. Thank you for indulging me. Have a great day, everyone!

Last edited by LaurieDawn; 11-18-2014 at 09:48 AM.
Old 11-18-2014, 01:24 PM   #237  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Uber - I'm so very sorry for your loss. Having just had my father here for a brief visit, I can't even imagine what you've gone through and continue to go through. But like Laurie, I'm glad to see you back. Take your time getting back into the swing of things, and take care of you and yours the best you can.

Guys. I think I've had a mini-break through. This has nothing to do with the scale because I haven't even stepped on in several days. But I have come to the conclusion that this is FOOD SEASON and being obsessed with food that I should or shouldn't eat is going to cause me a TON of stress. So, I've decided that for the next 6 weeks, I'm going to be sensible but not restrictive with calories... and I will focus on my exercise and fitness goals.

Goals such as reducing my heart rate recovery time, length of time I can work out at or near max effort, increasing said "max effort," and seeing if any of that helps with my resting heart rate (currently right around 80, it was up near 90, but I'd like to see it closer to 70). I can do all of these things without over stressing the calories going in, and all the exercise should offset most of the excess I might consume.

I think I've made peace with the realization that if I can make it to January 2 and lose anything, or just not gain at all, then I've survived the season better than many people who resolve to lose the holiday weight. I refuse to stress during a season of celebration, and being active in a church community, Advent is a huge deal with lots of food events. I'll be busy, and I'll be eating differently than I'm used to. So, I refuse to stress the scale number until January 2, then I will return to my regularly scheduled scale obsession.
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 01:33 PM   #238  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all. Ok, didn't make it to the gym today again. This cold is kicking my butt. I am not too bad throughout the day, but the mornings have been rough. Lots of coughing and congestion. Add to that, it is cold outside, and I just skipped it. Maybe tomorrow. I'll just see how it goes.

Uber: I'm also sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine it. Even though it is expected, you never are truly ready for something like that. I am glad to see you back here.

Mandy: Liked your post a lot!! That's kind of the attitude I've adopted for the holidays. I don't want to completely lose control, but I also want to be a little less stressed about one thing, at least!! So, I'll be with you through all of this, and I too will get back to scale obsession in January!

Laurie: I'm with you on the clothes issue. Yes, it is great getting into smaller sizes, but to have to replace clothes right now is just difficult. I also don't like that some of the stuff just doesn't look right anymore. It kind of fits, but not great. Ugh.

Rhonda: Glad to hear you are feeling better!! I'm happy to hear from you. It is tough coming up with a plan. I really don't mind the working out part of this effort at all, but if I could just eat whatever, I'd be happy. I count calories, using myfitnesspal.com, if that helps. Fun times!

MissLoud: Aww! Puppy cuteness! Glad you are enjoying your new family member. Oh, and it is always time for more coffee!!!

Toasted: No way could I work your hours. I admire your energy!!! Hang in there!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 04:03 PM   #239  
★ Kelly ★

Uber: I'm so sorry for your loss, the loss of a close family member leaves a huge hole even when its expected. Look after yourself.

Mandy: I ♥ your post! I can only imagine the commitments you have around this time of year, as with any celebration food and different routines are hard to negotiate! Your goals sound awesome. An aim to maintain still puts you ahead of the pack when it comes to people with new years resolutions.

Laurie: I still haven't plucked up the courage to try on swimming togs, I know! I know! I've had two c sections - I have no dignity left lol. I've been thinking about it and its my only real hang up, I think it stems from a comment from when I was 12, I was by no means fat but getting my curves that i now love - cue school swimming sports and I was quite a good swimmer so in the finals, 12 year old boys! Its was just a bit of giggling and someone said jiggle. Well you can imagine my 12 year old brain went into overdrive. But I do need to bite the bullet and just do it baby!! Oh and good work on cleaning out you closet - so cathartic!

Slashnl: I'm loving having a dog again! He keeps me motivated, I really should get a pedometer - I did hint to my husband a fitbit or polar loop for Christmas would be nice hope you feel better soon!

Rhonda: The information on different plans is a little overwhelming! I guess just starting with being conscious of what you eat, and make improvements from there?! I'm doing 5:2 (and sometimes 4:3 and calorie counting on the other days, although I don't have to count so much anymore.

Toasted: Geez I don't miss being in a deadline driven job! You work crazy hours lol get some sleep woman. I put myself to bed at 9 lastnight, but then got sidetracked watching Scandal

As for me I'm going well, day 3 on plan. Had a case of the munches yesterday and found myself getting into the corinthian waferbiscuits I put on Nash's birthday cake, I didn't go over my calories but I could feel myself going off the rails - I sat down and had a herbal tea which helped, then went to bed early. I'm struggling with staying off the scales, only because I really think I will get to my first mini goal by Monday. Currently I'm just proud of myself for sticking to this for 11 whole weeks, and bouncing back after a gain. I've also looked at my goal for Christmas and changed it from 243 to 234! I might even squeak in - thankfully we don't have Thanks giving!

Hi yah to everyone else
Old 11-19-2014, 09:28 AM   #240  

Mandy - What a great decision you have made! Your life and your congregation are important, and if losing interferes too much with it right now, it makes absolute sense to put things on hold until you are back to a place where losing fits better.

Diane - The creeping crud is the worst. I hope you feel better and are able to get back in the gym, even if you aren't able to give it 100% at first. And the cold is the worst. Makes me want to just stay inside.

Kelly - Herbal tea and early bed sound like great strategies for the munchies. The munchies make me crazy, especially when I start to eat stuff just because it's in the house. If I'm going to go off the rails, I want it to be for stuff I have craved forever. Good on you for reeling it in, and yay! for 11 weeks on plan. Being able to change your Christmas goal to lower - well, that's just crazy cool.

Uber - Thinking of you. Hope you're healing.

Toasted - Hope work is a little less crazy and that you're actually able to get some sleep.

Jenni - Can't wait to hear about the Disneyland adventure and the job search.

Jessica, Martini, Rhonda, Radiojane, and anyone else I've missed - Hope things are going well and you get a chance to check in soon.

190.8. Another gain. I lifted yesterday, and had sodium-filled restaurant food for dinner. But the dinner was great--delicious and fairly calorie-conscious. I am hoping that my cardio today will finally get me back into the 180s.

I am wearing a size 10 skirt, though I still am really a 14. I did buy new, smaller clothes, and feel good in them. However, my shrinking body makes my pannus more noticeable than ever, and the body shapers that I use to smooth it out are all L or XL, and they aren't doing anything to help. I'm not thrilled about that, but I am just going to trust that continuing to lose will eventually sort it all out. In my fantasy world, I am also getting a tummy tuck at the end of this to get back to somewhat of what my stomach looked like prior to my emergency C-section.

Have a great day, everyone!

Last edited by LaurieDawn; 11-19-2014 at 09:31 AM.