Old 11-20-2014, 02:21 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Mari - Grats on goal achieved! Sorry to hear your tooth still hurts. Good toothy thoughts are directed your way.

LaurieDawn - 190.8 still isn't bad! I can't wait to be under 200. It's been so long! I was under it briefly after I had my son, but that was nearly six years ago! He turns 6 Dec 4th. Lol at the carb cycling logic Good that you had the cookies though. I know with me if I'm really craving something and don't eat it then I end up just getting worse and worse until I gobble a bunch more than I normally would have.

I'm holding at 230.6 today. Two challenge weigh-ins were today too. Puts me down 1.6lbs from last challenge weigh-in. Feels good after posting a gain on one earlier this week. Getting really excited to see a new decade on the scale. Think I may go ahead and reduce my points value by 1, cause that's suppose to happen at 230.. and well, close enough.

Breakfast: Breakfast Drink (4 pp)
Snack: Apple Peach Crisp Smoothie (5 pp)
Lunch: Texas Toast Garlic Bread Pizza (12 pp)
Dinner: Chicken Salad (10 pp)
Snack: Yoplait Light w. Granola (4 pp)

Daily Total/Allowed: 34/35
Weekly Points Used: 0/35

Exercise: Zumba Activate DVD.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 02:58 AM   #107  

Great job on meeting those goals everyone!

I was away most of this week. Stayed on plan while gone and, wait for it...stayed on plan the day after I came back too! This is usually where I fail, so feeling really good about that. My scale broke, so I have no idea what I weigh. Will get out this weekend and pick up a new one.
irishbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 12:34 PM   #108  

Sorry to hear about your scale irishbabe! Way to go staying on plan though!

I weighed in at 230.4. Little dip, but still a dip! 1.4lbs to go till mini-goal. Got all my son's birthday presents in today. Get to wrap them all.. I'm pretty crap at wrapping. My mom is magnificent at it, does all the fancy bows with ribbon and all. I struggle to get a smooth surface and make the sides pretty, lol. I'm sure no one cares about that but me though.

Lunch: Grilled Balsamic Chicken and Pasta (8 pp)
Snack: Yoplait Light w. Granola (4 pp) English Toffee Ice Cream Bar (3 pp)

Exercise: Zumba Activate DVD.
Old 11-21-2014, 02:53 PM   #109  

Height: 5' 5''

Laurie At least the numbers are not going up. I used to HATE staying on the same wait for 1-2 days but now I look at it as an I am actually there and this is not just a random low.And hey, cookies are fine every once in a while!

Sunarie Yes! Way to go!! 1.6 is amazing. I love wrapping presents, I am REALLY bad at it, but I enjoy it for some reason. But hey, at the end of the day, no one is going to look at them very closely (specially a kid). :P Have fun wrapping. :P

I am THRILLED xD. The first BIG goal I set for myself was to get to 95 kg and today I finally got there. Sadly enough several years ago 95 wasn't as far away as it was this time around. So, 209.2 lbs (94.9kg) today! This is my first Big goal, so I was thinking to treat myself, or reward myself somehow. I saw this lovely earrings at JCpenney's. I have been wanting snowflake earrings for a while now ... so I just might. Any other good ideas? :P

Last edited by Mari26; 11-21-2014 at 03:09 PM.
Mari26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 07:48 PM   #110  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Well ladies I am back! I was having migraines every other day to almost every day, went to the dr, was told to get reading glasses, and they kept coming. Nothing was triggering them to my knowledge and the glasses, while useful to keep me from squinting, didn't ease my migraines.

Finally figured out the problem though. No more full time keto/low carbs for me. My body was carb starved and as a result, I had cluster migraines. My blood sugar dropped, I was chronically fatigued, and I felt awful. So I decided today to do research and re-evaluate my eating plan.

I decided to go with something that's sustainable for a lifetime, and that's eating a whole foods, plant heavy, healthy fats, quality animal product diet. No more counting carbs, fat, or protein. I will listen to my body and give it what it needs and craves. I will watch my portions but I will not obsess over calories. I will happily bake yummy desserts when I desire a little treat and enjoy it without guilt. I will exercise purely for fitness and health, not to force my body into submission to lose pounds.

I accept my body right now, with all of the extra weight. I will treat my body with respect and will not have negative thoughts about my body. It is amazing, and if I treat my body right, it will return the favor. I know if I help my body heal by feeding it with the wonderful food it needs, I will lose weight naturally. I will work hard and also enjoy myself.

Okay, my preaching to myself is over. I had quite the epiphany yesterday when I realized I was making myself sick, AGAIN, with a diet that was not right for me. I have a past of not only yo-yo weights, crash diets, and self-berating, but also with eating disorders. I now see where I've gone wrong in my life on my many quests to achieve a healthy body, mind, and spirit.

So no more of that, I finally found the right path to take, I finally understand how I should approach eating, losing weight, and regaining my physical health. I finally know how to treat myself with respect. The lightbulb has turned on.

Here's to a better understanding of many things, I am holding myself accountable!

Sorry for the wall of text ladies, I just needed to write it all out and share with y'all what's been going on and the changes I am making.
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 09:04 PM   #111  

Mari - Whoo! New earrings sound good. Maybe some new clothes? I'm sure you'll be in need of ones that fit soon, if you aren't already. I was suppose to get a new blender for my first bigger goal, but we got one early cause out old one broke. For mini-goals I have things like back massages from boyfriend, less expensive games, Kindle books, make-up.. stuff to pamper myself basically. Congrats!

Pink Hurricane - Glad to hear you got the migraines worked out. I love your new outlook on the dieting thing. It sounds like you're doing intuitive eating, which I try to mix a little bit of with weight watchers.. meaning if I am really craving something I'll usually just get that something, and I'm trying to really examine my hunger and what my body wants, but still trying to keep within points values. Your positive outlook rocks though! Definitely good to do the lifestyle change. Congrats on your new found path

I'm at 230.4 again today. I kind of want the scale to move faster since I'm so close to goal, but I have to remind myself that I just don't lose like that normally. I'm a slow goer! I am sticking on plan and trying not to fall into the "well I've done so good at losing weight, I can have all this off plan stuff again" bit. Lots of reminding myself this is a lifestyle change and it's okay to have the higher calorie stuff if I really crave it, but trying to steer well away from using it as a reward. Tough habit to break

Lunch: 2 servings Buffalo Chicken Nuggets (10 pp)
Snack: Yoplait Light (2 pp) English Toffee Ice Cream Bar (3 pp)

Exercise: Rest day, weekend.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:43 PM   #112  

Mari - nice job reaching that goal. It must feel so great. Go get those earrings!

Pink - I've suffered from migraines and I know that basic life functions can be a challenge, let alone big life change. So glad you made the food connection. I am a big believer in doing what is right for us, and only us. You must feel so much relief taking this new path. I'll be sending positive thoughts your way.

Sunarie - I just really admire your consistency and positive attitude. Thanks for being a steadfast part of this thread.

I'm at 241, up a few pounds, but not sure if that is the new scale or water retention. Went shopping today and grabbed my favorite easy healthy foods...baby spinach, grilled chicken, walnuts and grapes. I need this week to be super easy re: my food choices. Also, I've really needed to replace some dress pants for work for like 6 months. Kept putting it off because I didn't want to invest more in this size. But I finally decided that feeling good in my clothes is worth the investment. I'll give them away to a friend when I'm skinny again.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:18 PM   #113  

Down to 240.5 today. Down. 5 down on new scale. Feeling more settled and purposeful about my plan the last few days. Some days I'm crystal clear about this being for me and my health. Always feels better to run toward a goal than away from something.

Hope you're all hanging in there today.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:16 PM   #114  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Sunarie and Irishbabe, thank you for the support and encouragement!

I am not going to weigh myself for a week since I am implementing my new plan, and carbs, so I know my weight is going to go up. I want to give my body some time to adjust to the reintroduction of carbs before I see where I stand!

I am working on collecting some really yummy, whole food recipes currently so that is my main focus right now. Our sweet baby transitioned well to his crib so once I figure out a wake time schedule that works well for him, I plan to get up early enough to exercise and shower before he wakes up. Chasing after him is always a good workout too! I just don't want to lose any time with him when he is awake if I can do the things I need to do while he is asleep. Our time with him is so precious and he is growing so fast that I don't want to miss anything! I work when he naps during the day, so that way he and I can play and I am about to start taking him to storytime and play groups soon since he is so social.

I am finally finding a good balance in life, and I am very happy about it!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 01:24 PM   #115  

Irishbabe - Grats on the losses! I think we all have those days where we focus just on the weight. I find myself constantly needing to repeat that it's for my health, and having to focus on non-scale related victories. There's a lot of shame and guilt I feel for just being fat, which I shouldn't really, and am doing my best to sort of fend off. When it gets real bad though it's very easy for me to notice how slow I'm losing. That's probably why I'm so positive on here a lot of the time. Writing letters to myself is something that I've had to do with depression therapy to focus on good, so in a way these are my reminders to myself, from me.. just on the forum instead of in a journal.

Pink Hurricane - Sounds like a good plan! Glad to hear the baby transition went well. Keep looking up! Love the positive outlook.

I didn't post for a couple days. Been a bit busy prepping to go to Florida for Thanksgiving (we leave tomorrow). Basically just got on the forums to update challenge threads that I blanked on, and update my daily weigh-in post. I've stayed on plan though. We did chicken pot pie the day before yesterday, and then had leftovers yesterday.

Scale-wise I'm down to 229.8 today! Under 230, whoo! I am making myself wait until I'm actually at or under 229.0 to count it as reaching my first mini-goal... but I won't have a scale until we get back from Florida soo... maybe by the time I get back, I'll be there. Fingers crossed! I won't be on for a few days going forward.

Lunch: 2 servings Lime-Honey Glazed Chicken (12 pp)
Snack: Yoplait Light w Granola (4 pp)

Daily Total/Allowed: 35/35

Exercise: None planned. Cleaning up the apartment really well in preparation for leaving town, and wrapping gifts.

Last edited by sunarie; 11-25-2014 at 01:24 PM.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:07 PM   #116  

Pink Hurricane - Glad to hear the transition went well for your baby. My girls are 12 and almost 10 now...hormones are a-flyin' and I long for those sweet baby moments. Well....except for the lack of sleep and diapers. Enjoy while you can!

Sunarie - Thanks for sharing your positive writing tool. I sometimes assume that people who are positive all the time have some natural happy gene that I don't. It's so helpful to hear that it takes effort sometimes for others. Have a great time in Florida!

So my honey and I are celebrating 20 years of marriage next year. Last night he started talking about an anniversary beach trip in the spring. This might be just the external motivation I need to set a challenge for myself. Will be thinking about a realistic goal over the holiday and report back.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:22 AM   #117  

Height: 5' 5''

Went back to 211.2 ... xD Not sure if it is my eating during the weekend/movie popcorn Tuesday, or TOM... and then tomorrow Thanksgiving ... xD I have the feeling this won't be a great week. :P Anyway ...

!!! Hope you all have a WONDERFUL Time
Mari26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 02:12 PM   #118  

So, here are my accountability statements and goals. Timing is perfect as I had a mini freak out about my health over last few days. Prompted by 2 deaths in my workplace just this week. Both in different offices with different circumstances, but at 52 and 42, way too young to be gone. With school age kids its easy for me to feel young at heart and in my head, despite being 46. But mid forties is truly the stage where my weight has shifted from a vanity issue to a real health issue. So I'm feeling this intense focus (and panic! ) around taking care of myself without the actual time/space in my life to easily make that happen. So gotta just do it.

My weight today was back up to 241.2. My mini goal is 230 by Jan 1st. It is a stretch goal for sure, but so far so good today. My bigger goal (but not final weight) is Onderland by Memorial Day. I am going to do this through unflinching accountability (this thread and daily weigh ins), yoga 3x week, and trying daily meditation. My food plan is as it's always been...80/20 paleo, a plan I see as totally sustainable for me and one that I feel great on.

I am so thankful for this thread. Hope you're all enjoying the holiday weekend!
Old 11-30-2014, 12:51 PM   #119  

Irishbabe - Good to see your accountability goals. Health freakouts are scary, but it's good that you're taking something good away from the bad circumstances.

Mari - All good! I think with the holidays a lot of us are probably gonna be off plan for a bit. No harm as long as we get right back into it.

So I'm back from the holiday trip. Weighed in after breakfast and all and I was at 231. That's probably up a little bit since it wasn't the whole first thing in the morning nekkid deal.. but I full expect to have gained. Shame cause I was so close to the 229.0 goal, but I'll still get there eventually. We drove a total of 18 hours over the past few days, and I had sweets, soda, and sugary coffee during the driving portion. Add to that a big Thanksgiving dinner, plus cake and ice cream for my sons birthday... and then not having groceries when we got home and being too tired to shop, so ordering out.. and well, I've had a very, very off plan 4-5 days. Time to get back to eating good though!

On a very positive note.. I was feeling very happy with the weight loss prior to the trip, so I went and tried on my bridesmaid dress. It's quite a bit looser than it was at the wedding. I'm not muffin topping out the top of it anymore, and I could zip it up all on my own. Skyped with my parents over the holidays and they said it looked like I had lost weight, and boyfriend's mom kept saying how good I looked (and then adding that she wasn't saying I didn't look good before). So now I really can't wait to get to 229.0 so I can take my comparison pictures and put them in the thread I'm using for tracking.

Not posting a meal plan today as we're probably only going to get Subway, have another 3 hours of driving to drop my son off at his dads and come back.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:21 PM   #120  

Still at 231 today. So not too bad considering just how badly I know I ate.

Lunch: Pork Potstickers (14 pp)
Snack: Yoplait Light (2 pp)

Daily Total/Allowed: 35/35

Exercise: Zumba Activate.