Old 11-01-2014, 07:54 AM   #46  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Jan.2015 will be one year of Accountability for me, I started my weight loss journey for the 2nd on Jan. 16th of 2014
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 11:45 AM   #47  

Height: 5'5"

Sunarie - I totally know what you mean about not wanting others to spend money on you. It was our fourth date before I let my now-husband buy anything on the date. When he offered to change my headlight after a few months of dating, I kind of freaked out. It's a thing. I remembered about your MIL forcing her way to your house for Thanksgiving. That was why I suggested underbuying food. ;-) Regardless, it sounds like you have a plan for dealing with this.

Terra - Woot on your one year on plan! And it looks like you're getting good results too!

Irishbabe - Yep. Holiday season is tough. Way to focus on the time period that's best for you.

Been sick and feeling blah. Feel better today. Here's hoping it will be a focused, productive, on-plan day for all of us!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 12:09 PM   #48  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Welcome Irishbabe and Terra!!!!

Sunarie~ I definitely understand that, as I am the same way. My husband has always loved to spoil me and spend money on me, and while I love it now it was very hard for me to accept that I was worth it. He had to sit down with me and practically beat it into my head that I have always been and will always be deserving and that is just one of his ways of expressing his love and appreciation of me. I come from a similar financial background so I get it. Also sorry to hear about his mother being pushy, but that definitely gives you more control over the food situation!

Laurie~ I am sorry you are sick. :hugs: Glad to see you still posting and motivated too, hope your sickness goes away fast!!

Finally under 288 this morning, I reached 287!! I think the walking with baby as well as the MEGA amount of Fallcleaning I have been doing over the past few days helped in that regard. We are getting baby's nursery ready for him since he startshis transition from our room to his next week. He's been sleeping in our room since he was born, both co-sleeping and sleeping in his packnplay. It made those late night nursing sessions a lot easier on all three of us, but now he is sleeping fully through the night so he is ready to be in his nursery now. It is exciting and a little sad at the same time, he's growing too fast!

Still doing a carb conscious plan, Trim Healthy Mama. Definitely cutting back on E days and meals, which consist of carbs and protein with very low fat. My body seems to be more sensitive to carbs post pregnancy than before, so low carbing it most days seems to be the best option for me.
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 12:21 PM   #49  

Height: 5' 5''

Hey, mind if I join?

Hehe this last couple of days I have eaten some left over Halloween candy. And I have been feeling pretty crappy, usually depression is what kicks me out of the road (Start binge eating when I feel like this ). So, instead I figure I'd post here if you guys don't mind my whining.

Anyway, I've eaten like 3 Snickers and 3 Peanut M&Ms (Fun Size) and I am not MAD at myself .. because you know Halloween, but there is a LOT more left over! My calories have been a bit high because of those this past two days.

I'll probably send the rest with my husband on Monday so his coworkers can finish them off!

I just hope I feel better soon.

Right... I don't have a Weight Tracker yet so:
- CW- 215.2
- SW (Sept 22nd 2014)- 233.7
- GW- 130 ish? Not sure yet

Last edited by Mari26; 11-02-2014 at 12:24 PM.
Mari26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 07:10 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Terra - awesome that you're so close to your 1 year of accountability! That's inspiring

LaurieDawn - Hope you get to feeling better. Sending good feelings your way! Glad to know I'm not the only one that is picky about money being spent on them

Pink Hurricane - Grats on being under 288! You're so lucky your little one is sleeping through the night already. I kept my son in my bedroom until he was two because.. well I was single for a large portion. Once I started dating again I started to regret it a bit more. Was really hard transitioning him to his own room after waiting so long. So yay for you guys!

Mari - Welcome! Good on not being mad at yourself. I think that's something a lot of us struggle with that tends to lead to binges. Also hope you start feeling better soon. I've got chronic depression that I take medication for, so I can relate on that note. Post here all you want, especially if it helps you prevent binging!

I had a holiday binge yesterday. Didn't even count points for the day! Went to a party had 4 slices of pizza, soda, alcohol, and a good 8-10 fun size candy bars. Back on plan today!

Meal Plan for today:
Breakfast: Carnation Instant Breakfast Drink (4 points)
Snack: PB&J Smoothie (6 points)
Lunch: 2 Baked Turkey and Jack Cheese Chimichangas (12 points)
Dinner: Baked Turkey and Jack Cheese Chimichangas (12 points)
Snack: Yoplait Light (2 points)

Daily Total/Allowed: 36/36
Weekly points Used: ?/35

Exercise: Rest day, weekend.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 12:30 PM   #51  

Down to 233.8 today. So back on track. Hope to hit my first mini goal by the end of this month. Fingers crossed! The chimichangas ended up really good, and really filling. Boyfriend didn't like them (he wants me to do his next time with regular cheese, and regular white flour tortillas in place of my fat free and wheat stuff). So I have lots of leftovers.

Meal Plan for today:
Lunch: Baked Turkey and Jack Cheese Chimichangas (12 points)
Dinner: Chicken Salad (10 points)
Snack: Yoplait Light w/ Granola (4 points)

Exercise: Zumba Activate DVD.

Last edited by sunarie; 11-03-2014 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:50 PM   #52  

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Also struggling with the leftover candy. Food (as in, meals) have been pretty good the last few days, but the extra cals from candy have added a few pounds.

I have to admit, I'm struggling with being accountable. Because, you know, if I don't commit to anything, I'm in no danger of failing. As if!

Would love to hear more from you all about how you got to the point where you were willing to be completely accountable? I'm so accountable in every other area of my life. I'm having a hard time giving in here, even though I know it will have positive results.
irishbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 12:04 PM   #53  

Sunarie Thank you for the support, I am feeling better now. I do not take any medication for Depression, but I have been struggling with it for a while now (since 2006 or so).

Irishbabe Gift it ALL away! Gift all the candy away. My husband took it all to work, no more for me!

Well, I have been eating quite fine this past week. Except for the couple of Halloween treats.
I weight myself everyday, but my "Official" weigh ins are on Mondays. Last monday I was at 215.8, this monday I had lost 0.6 lbs. That totally affects my X-mas goal of being under 200s.

I have been STUCK at 215.2 for like a week now... and I am getting very annoyed =/ and disappointed. Did I hit a plateau? Am I doing something wrong?
Last week I exercised twice, but I have been having a pretty bad back ache for over a week too so my doctor told me not to until it was gone. So I missed Friday last week and probably won't go at all this one.

I don't get it though, I have been staying with in the calorie range, and I did walk like 2 miles on Sunday ... and nothing. Not even 0.1 lbs. Is it water retention? Maybe I have not been drinking enough? It is SO frustrating.
I am too anxious and not very patient, probably why losing weight slowly is so hard because results take a while to show... but now it feels like I am not even seeing results at all!

Sorry for all my ranting!

CW: Still 215.2 lbs
Old 11-04-2014, 12:11 PM   #54  

Irishbabe - can you get the candy out of the house somehow? Take it to work, have someone else in the house take it to work.. anything like that? I think what has helped to keep me accountable this go around is that I haven't been focusing on weight loss as much, and I celebrate pretty much anything (which I know sounds silly). My year of accountability is sticking with my meal lifestyle change.. that's what I want to be accountable for, not really weight loss, that's just a happy side effect. I celebrate days I keep on plan, I celebrate when I drop even .1 lbs, I celebrate when the scale doesn't increase, and I celebrate when I can let things go if I do make a bad decision. It's not a total celebration or anything, more just me focusing on that, telling myself I did a good job, and then I usually come to the forums to report it and kinda give myself a pat on the back. The constant praise and support that results in (cause really it's pretty much daily when all those things are taken into account) makes the journey a fantastic experience overall because it ends up being uplifting instead of defeating, even on days where my scale goes up a pound, or I eat all the pizza and candy. It did take me a decade of fighting with myself mentally, but I finally got that bit of it mostly figured out.

So, possibly positive thing. Boyfriend's mom may have switched plans for Thanksgiving. Turns out I get my son for the holiday, so we don't have the space for both his mom and his sister without one of them sleeping on the floor. His mom doesn't appear to like that aspect and has yet to respond after I gave her the update and she said she'd think about plans. So we shall see! At the least they may stay in a hotel so that takes away some of the stress associated with them literally staying in the house for 4-5 days.

Weighed in at 233.8 again. So happy to just see 233 on the scale cause I can't remember the last time I've seen it. Going to be overjoyed when I get into the next decade.

Today's meal plan is.. the exact same as yesterday. Gotta finish off these chimichangas.
Meal Plan for today:
Lunch: Baked Turkey and Jack Cheese Chimichangas (12 points)
Snack: Yoplait Light w/ Granola (4 points)

Old 11-04-2014, 12:18 PM   #55  

Mari - I missed your post cause apparently we were posting at the same time.. but try not to worry. It's probably just some water retention. 0.6lbs is still 0.6lbs lost. That stuff adds up over time, even if it's not as quick as you'd like it to be. I stay at around the same weight for large periods of time, then will drop 2lbs, gain one of it back and then slowly chip away at the other. Just seems to be my process. I keep track of my daily weigh-ins for the times when I don't feel like I'm losing, just so I can look back over them, see that pattern, and then still see that in 2 months I've lost 10lbs. That's a good thing!

If you want, you can even look at my daily weigh ins. I keep them in the monthly threads for the 20-somethings forum mostly. Here's the one for September:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-s...ily-weigh.html

Here's October:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-s...ily-weigh.html

November just started but I'm at my second day of 233.8, and that's after getting down to 233.6 in Oct at one point. If you can't be happy about dropping, be happy that you're maintaining at your current weight, and know that as long as you keep on plan the scale will move down eventually
Old 11-04-2014, 12:35 PM   #56  

Sunarie: Hehehe I am glad your stressful situation just got a bit less stressful. I don't think we know what we are going to do for Thanksgiving. I don't have family in the US. My husband's family doesn't really live close and we used all his holidays for our wedding. We might end up going to visit his grandparents who live like an hour away, and his mother's siblings, that is if they will have us.

I am happy for the 0.6 lbs lost... I lost it on the first days of last week though, and I have been stuck at the same weight ever since. You are right though, it is going to take time and it is not a straight path. I have been keeping my weight ins on a Spreadsheet since the very first day and I do notice I have gotten stuck before, but not this long. I guess I must be patient. I am hoping to see a big drop when I do finally move.

I guess I just got used to the first few weeks where you lose a lot more weight. Anyway, thank you for all the support, I really needed it.
on those 10 lbs!
Old 11-04-2014, 02:50 PM   #57  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Mari~ Glad to have you here! I know all too well about bingeing and emotions, and you can celebrate or whine all you want to here, this thread is for us to be honest with ourselves, no filter necessary! I find connecting with friends on here is very helpful.

Sunarie~ I am sure you will reach your first mini goal this month with the progress you've been making! Glad y'all get to have your son on Thanksgiving! Haha well your boyfriend's mom needs to suck it up and deal Hopefully they stay in a hotel, that stress off of y'all would be wonderful.

Irishbabe~ Being accountable was a hard pill for me to swallow, but I had enough when I noticed that my feelings about my body size were starting to affect my moods, and I stopped it dead in the tracks. That's why I created this thread, so others could join me as well. It is hard to admit your mistakes when you make them, but it helps so very much to know your triggers. Take baby steps and remember your reasons for wanting to change your health, that keeps me accountable!

286.8 this morning and TOM. No weigh in until it passes of course. Working hard today, getting a lot of writing done. Staying on plan but no exercise since my head hurts. However we are just about done with baby's nursery so he starts transitioning tomorrow with naptime! Once he grows accustomed to naps in his room, we will let him sleep at night in there.

Currently have a delicious garlic and onion beef pot roast in the slow cooker and it smells so good. My husband got so excited when he smelled it when we got home, so I think this dish will be a keeper. :-D
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 06:22 AM   #58  

Mari25, Pink Hurricane, Sunarie thanks for the support. Like the idea of accountability around lifestyle first. That's the thing that has really allowed me to be successful in the past. Just feels like it's been so long since I've seen success.

So I'm at 242 today. Candy is history. Looking forward today. Meals are planned:
B: eggs and fruit
L: roast beef & veggies
D: Taco meat, salad
S: apple w/teasp PB
irishbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 12:51 PM   #59  

Mari - Yeah, my family lives on the other side of the US and we already spent a huge chunk of money traveling this year, plus boyfriend's time off, for two weddings. I had a brother and a sister get married this summer. Hopefully your scale starts moving soon! I've had a few days where I've dropped a good chunk so now I expect the scale to go back up a bit. Hopefully not before the challenge weigh-ins tomorrow, lol.

Pink Hurricane - Thanks for the good thoughts regarding me hitting my goal. Baby transitioning to his own room is very exciting. It'll probably be nice to have the room to yourselves for you and hubby. Pot roast sounds nummy, I may have to look up a weight watchers friendly recipe!

Boyfriend's mom still hasn't said anything to me about Thanksgiving after saying she'd have to rethink plans. So we're hopeful that it means we can go down there instead. She can come up for Christmas since we won't have enough time off to drive down. Fingers crossed.

My celebrate thing for today kinda has to do with sexy times so I'll refrain from sharing it, but I did have a major personal win for me. I'm also down to 232.8 today.

Today's meal plan:
Lunch: Pork Potstickers (14 points)
Snack: Yoplait Light (2 points)

Old 11-05-2014, 03:28 PM   #60  

Height: 5'5"

I feel like I'm so behind on this thread! Just going to do the best I can to get caught up.

Irishbabe - I actually think my super-accountability has been a detriment to me in the past on the food thing. I don't really drink, I don't smoke, don't do illegal drugs (and carefully restrict the legal drugs), I'm frugal, I rarely lose my temper, blah blah blah blah. I kind of think everyone has to have a vice, a sort of steam valve. I have had three major pushes to get on plan that resulted in losses of 90, 75, and (currently) 45 pounds. The first was watching a video about morbidly obese, and realizing that I was not that far off from requiring a wall to be removed to get me out of my house. The second was embracing the stress relief of exercise to assist me in dealing with the stress of studying for the bar exam. This final time was being fat-shamed by a personal trainer who wanted me to sign up for training sessions, and instead, betting him that if I couldn't lose 12 pounds in two months, I would sign up. The thought of training with him was so distasteful, I am now almost 4 months in and, as of today, 43 pounds down. What I'm saying, I guess, is that the motivation to make that kind of commitment to yourself is unpredictable, for me at least, but I have tried countless aborted attempts beyond these. I have been struggling for a few days, and had a talk with myself in the gym mirror about what was really important to me, and that has only been semi-successful. To wrap up a very windy comment, I guess, for me, it has just been trying, failing, trying, failing, trying, failing, trying ad nauseum. I haven't found the golden key. But I have found enough keys that I am currently 196 pounds, instead of the 400 or 500 or 8000 pounds I might have been if I had never tried. Hopefully, I will be able to stay accountable today, and hopefully, the scale number will be a little bit smaller tomorrow.

PinkHurricane - Sounds like the transitions are going smoothly. It's so hard to work at home sometimes, but it sounds like you're killing it.

Mari - The scale! Oh the scale! I was 193.2 last Friday. It shot up to 197 on Saturday, and I have been hovering around that number since then - 196.4 this morning. Of course, I have not been as on plan as you, but my indiscretions do not justify a 3 pound gain that won't go away. I also got stuck at 220 for almost two weeks, and then hovered around 200 for an interminable amount of time. Yet, I am just under four months with, as of today, a 43-pound loss. The scale can be super frustrating, but as long as you are just paying attention to trends, it can be helpful as well. I know I tend to hold onto weights when I am ovulating. Others when they are bloating with TOM. You already know that the trick is to just hold on through the inexplicable scale results and trust in the laws of physics. It can be frustrating while you're doing it, though, and I have been known to indulge in too much self-pity (and junk food) when I'm trying to push my way through a scale stall.

Sunarie - You know, when inviting yourself to your daughter-in-law's house for a holiday despite her protests, your plans might not always go as smoothly as you want. As for me, I'd be all about the floor, but my husband loves to call me a hobo because I can sleep anywhere, anytime. Glad your Thanksgiving may have gotten a bit less stressful. Also, huge kudos on your relentless hold on staying on plan and posting regularly. You are an inspiration.

Just getting over bronchitis. Been hitting the gym throughout the bout with it, but have been horribly frustrated over having to stop in the middle of my runs to bend over and suck wind. Going to the gym to try to run right now. My goal is 3 miles. But my chest still feels like someone is sitting on it, and breathing is still a bit challenging, so it might take me a while to get up to the 3 miles. But feeling better, and totally rocking my plan today. Here's to healthier days ahead!

May the scale respect and reward our efforts!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote