Old 04-21-2015, 01:53 PM   #256  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

I hope everyone is doing well.
TOM came and went, so I haven't been very active here lately. I also didn't do any workouts over the weekend because my time was taken up at work and getting as much sleep as I can. I'm going to do some stretches and light workouts today.

Also, there's been a water leak from our bathroom ceiling so maintenance has completely gutted the ceiling and there's just drywall and a huge hole in our bathroom now. It's definitely messing up my daily routine.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 12:18 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Pink Hurricane - So excited you're returning to school too! I forgot if you'd mentioned it, but what are you getting your degree in? The one I mentioned I need to finish is for computer science with a specialty in networking. I'm up to level 9 in Destiny.. I don't play it all too often, but so far it is fun!

Ciao - Sorry to hear about the leak in your bathroom. It's the season for leaks apparently! We've had three in our apartment. Moving into our house in about a month and hopefully no leaks there for a while!

Scale hasn't been moving for me. In fact I'm back up to 223.4 when I took a peek today. I hurt my back the other day and have been mostly lounging because of it. If it doesn't start feeling better soon I'll have to take a trip to the doctor. I wasn't even doing anything strenuous when I hurt it! I was putting my hair up in a pony tail, and then something in my mid-upper back I felt sort of contract and now it's just been pain. Pain is more severe if I try to do situps, twist, or bring my shoulders forward. Sitting at the computer doesn't do so well, so I've not really been working much this week. Mostly just trying to stretch it every so often. It's been interrupting my sleep too, so it needs to feel better soon!

We've also been eating out more as a result. Fiance keeps bringing food home since I'm not cooking and I've been bad with restraint for some of it. The other day he brought home donuts and instead of just one I ate three. I think boredom eating is a big problem for me.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:38 AM   #258  

Alright so, I've fallen off the track a bit these past few weeks. My back is feeling better now, so that's good. However, with all the eating out we've been doing, me not watching portions and not really counting points.. and then not cooking as much just due to time constraints with house stuff (we're two weeks from closing) my change is just failing and I'm reverting to old habits. I've put on around 5lbs total. So I'm switching tactics, at least for now.

I went ahead and ordered one month of Medifast. I think it may work because it doesn't involve me having to prepare any food, and I get to snack throughout the day (5 kinda small snacky meals, and one good meal). That should be here within a week. Until them I'm still going to keep logging what I eat and trying to be good about portions. Once we're all settled in our new house, and I'm back to working less hours, I'll probably go back to regular weight watchers stuff. It just wasn't meshing with my schedule so to succeed I really felt something had to give somewhere. For me, right now, that means something that comes with pre-prepared meals that I can grab and go with ease.

Hope you ladies are doing well!
Old 05-01-2015, 08:26 AM   #259  

Medifast meals should be coming in today. So I'm excited for that. In total I've gained back almost 5 lbs. I'm back up to 226.2. The past two days I've been a little better at eating. Still over calorie goals for the day, but not by quite as much.

We're two weeks away from closing on our house. Everything still appears to be going well. Home insurance and all is now set up. I'm not sure if I shared it with you guys, but we're painting my son's room with a minecraft theme. We're pulling ideas from this awesome couple's paint job. http://jonzenor.com/2014/07/minecraft-bedroom/

His room won't be exactly like that. We aren't going to paint his door purple, nor are we painting the inside of his closet. The characters will be different too. That paint job likely isn't going to be done until the end of May, but I'll post pictures when it is.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:46 AM   #260  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

I'm still around!

I've just been sick this past week (stomach bug, flu, the whole shabang) so I haven't been doing anything in terms of exercising or weight loss. I have been just trying to drink tons of fluids. Will get back on the train as soon as I'm feeling better.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 01:22 PM   #261  

Hope you start feeling better soon Ciao!

So I got Medifast stuff on Friday afternoon. First full day on the plan was Saturday. I ate an extra "meal" because I was pretty hungry, and that's what they recommended to do if you're extra hungry the first few days. Sunday morning I had dropped 3.4lbs. This morning I've dropped another .8lbs. Again with eating a bit over what they have. In addition to another medifast meal on Sunday, I also put some cheese and olives in my salad that I had for dinner.

That's a lot of pounds for just two days (mostly) on plan. I do think the initial drop was probably a lot of water weight. As I said in previous posts, we've been eating out a ton, and fast food does tend to have a lot of sodium. I'd also been slacking on drinking as much water.

Still going to monitor everything though. I'm not looking for a fast loss so I'll likely adjust where needed. The program does say to expect a loss of 5lbs or more (I expect to fall into the "or more" category at my weight) for the first two weeks, and then it's suppose to level to 1-2lbs. So we'll see. I will probably keep adding cheese to my salads at the least, and plan to keep the extra meal (it's a 100 calorie bar) for the first week, and then drop it.
Old 05-11-2015, 12:55 PM   #262  

So I had a few "cheat" days with Medifast because I wasn't comfortable with the rate I was losing weight. That is to say I had some days where I ate off the Medifast plan, but still under calorie goal for the day. Like yesterday we went to Firehouse subs for Mother's Day. Overall from last Saturday (when I started medifast) to today I lost 5.8lbs total. I'm down to 221 even as of today. So all the weight I gained while I was being icky with my food is gone.

Our final walkthrough of the house is Thursday. Closing is Friday and then we get to start painting. Very exciting!
Old 05-14-2015, 12:51 PM   #263  

Still trucking along on Medifast. I'm mostly on their plan, but slightly tweaked to get some more calories in. Still doing cheese and olives on my salad, and I'm using a full fat ranch dressing on the salad, which isn't in their approved dressings list, but I like it so.. oh well! So far I'm down another lb from when I weighed in on Monday. That puts me at 220! Just a little bit more and I'll be into a new decade Gonna wait for Monday to update my tickers. Hopefully by then I'll be at 219 and can also add another smiley face.

One of the husky puppies we're getting was born the day before yesterday. We'll be getting a gray and white female. I'll have the first pictures of her in just a few days. The breeder we're going through doesn't like to handle the puppies for the first few days, which is totally understandable. Painting on the house starts this weekend so I'll be posting pictures of that too!

Hope you ladies are doing well!
Old 05-19-2015, 11:31 AM   #264  

Down to 219.8 as of Monday. Closing on our house is done! We spent all last weekend prepping/starting to paint my son's room. Also have a picture of the female husky we're getting in 8ish weeks. Right now she's less than a week old.

Having an ant problem at the apartment we're moving out of. Tiny black ants that seem to be coming out of the cupboard itself. They've gotten into anything that was opened at all at this point. So we're storing all our food in the fridge until we move. Which is sort of a pain. Ant traps don't seem to be working on them and they've literally gotten into all the cupboards at this point. Only about a week and a half left until we're completely in our new place though!

Now for pictures! This is just one wall of son's room with what we have done so far. We'll be doing green between the blue/brown tonight. All the walls look the same right now, so no use posting more pictures.

This is the puppy we have on reserve! She's gray/white and we picked out the name Mika for her.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:21 PM   #265  

I'm still trucking along! Been super busy with painting this week. We're moving all our furniture and such in this weekend too. Here's a more updated picture of son's room. Still not finished, but can actually see what it's sorta gonna look like now!

Old 06-05-2015, 02:22 PM   #266  

So we're pretty much done painting now. Have a little more dark brown to do, and some touching up. Son gets here tomorrow and will be here a week. Excited for that. I forgot to weigh in this Monday. Weighed in today and I'm sitting at 219. We've been bad about ordering food again though. Didn't have a fridge or microwave for a bit, but have both now. No more excuses! Here's the wall that's completely finished, and a more updated picture of puppy. We get to pick her up July 11th.

Oh, and a picture of one of the creepers. There's another hidden halfway behind the door!

Last edited by sunarie; 06-05-2015 at 02:24 PM.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:45 AM   #267  

Just a quick check in. We're settled now, mostly. Finally got our last piece of furniture (our new dining table, we never had one before) setup this past weekend. Mower came in and I mowed the lawn. Also planted some herbs with my son around a week ago. They've now started sprouting which means I've not yet managed to kill them. Go me! Also trying to prep for a lot of car trips. Next weekend is our rest weekend, but after that the next few weekends are full of driving to different states, and then we'll have the new puppy!

I'm back full time on Medifast (with some adjustments). Trying to only weigh in weekly. Still at 219 today.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:25 PM   #268  

Checking in, fell of the food plan bandwagon again. I really need to just adjust and stick to something. Make time to cook and all that, and I just haven't been. The woman we're purchasing our husky from, who I've extensively researched to make sure was not a puppy mill specifically, had her dogs taken away from her while she was away on a business trip and her friend was watching them. According to her that's been happening to breeders in the area with high valued dogs. She has a court case today to find out if she gets them back, her lawyer is very confident.

She is moving as a result though, because she doesn't want to lose her show dogs (assuming she gets them back). She's moving into a much more restricted area in PA and isn't going to be breeding.. which means I'll likely be getting the puppy a week early because she can't bring that many dogs with her. I'll find out tomorrow what's going on there.

My son also took a plane ride to visit my parents for a week, so we were up in North Carolina last weekend. We'll be up there again this coming weekend to pick him up (and possibly driving up to VA to get the puppy).

So busy, but.. still need to make time to cook. Same old story lots of people tell, of course. It'll only get busier when puppy gets here too! I'm still operating under the assumption we get her soon cause otherwise I'm gonna be really sad. Weight-wise I haven't weighed in for a while. Not as concerned with the number, more just want to get things back under control.
Old 07-13-2015, 02:50 PM   #269  

I'm still here. Have more been maintaining at around 219. Sometimes a little more than that, sometimes a little less. Fighting off the urges to stress eat the past week or so, so at least I'm maintaining instead of going up

The husky we were suppose to be getting around the 10th still isn't here. The breeder hasn't gotten them back yet. Her first court date had a continuance, and then this one rolled around and now they're reviewing the case and may dismiss it entirely.. however the briefing for that isn't until the 27th. She's trying to see if she can get the dogs back in the meantime. I guess the shelter they're in took the mother away from them and all. Which is sad. I don't know why the shelter would do that to puppies.

We have found a back-up breeder if this one falls through completely. We don't know if the current one will give us our deposit back though. Technically it was non-refundable, however it's not us that is backing out of the deal, so I don't know how that all works. Kinda bummed that we aren't getting the puppy at 8 weeks, dogs grow up so fast and I wanted some time with it while it was still in tiny stage.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:22 PM   #270  

It's been a while since I last posted. I guess that's just sort of how summer goes. We ended up backing out of the deal with the first puppy dealer. She delayed pick up yet again, and we just had enough with the shadyness portion. So we've gone with the backup we had. Now we're getting both puppies on the 10th of August, just a few days away.

Son has been here for the summer, so been busy. New house is still awesome Still sort of getting use to having to deal with a lawn now! I have a little pot tree of herbs though. Weight is up a little bit (holding around 222lbs). Medifast stuff is in the house but I've only really been using it for points and I've been bad at tracking.

I've also now registered for classes (I think I mentioned here that going back to school was something I wanted). My first two start on the 26th of August. Finally, I've also got an interview for a new work from home position today. So fingers crossed that goes well.

Last edited by sunarie; 08-04-2015 at 01:23 PM.