Old 03-11-2015, 08:38 AM   #226  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

That's great that you are going to go back to school as well!! I know you are so excited about planning a wedding, my husband and I had fun planning our wedding, the formal ceremony that is haha! We got married two weeks after he proposed to me and it was perfect because we didn't have pressure from our families' differing religious backgrounds (my family is Christian, his is Jewish), so we both decided that we wanted to go ahead and get married then have a big ceremony a few months later that everyone could come to. We went and applied for our marriage license, called the judge, and had our wedding in a beautiful gazebo at a beautiful park with the sun setting behind us with my parents, my former boss and her husband, and one of my husband's best friends and his girlfriend by our sides. It was absolutely perfect! We definitely preferred our first wedding over our second, though our second wedding and reception was beautiful and a lot of fun too!

Okay, mushfestival over lol! I am such a romantic. But I am so excited for you and your hubby to be and your son!!

I am pretty excited to take my measurments at the end of the month. I feel like I am finally headed in the right direction in my journey to fitness and health and that itself is quite motivating. My jeans felt just a bit loose yesterday, which is always a good feeling!

Today is a rest day for exercise so I am going to take advantage of that! I may do a short 20 minute yoga routine for good measure though. I am doing an Insanity workout tomorrow morning, so I think yoga will do great things to prep my muscles.

I am about to put on a pot roast for dinner in the crock pot so it can slow cook all day and really have a chance to absorb all of the seasonings and juices. I will probably make us a salad for the side.

Hope everyone has an awesome day!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 12:58 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I'd love a tiny wedding! We are still trying to go small, but also trying to do a ceremony for the family. Seems like so much stuff in my life is sort of changing right now, or there are a lot of big events right at once. Last night we officially decided to get a house. We've been looking for a while, but nothing real serious. Our apartment lease is up in 2 months now though, and rent is going to be 1000 per month for our outdated 2 bedroom place. There are a lot of places around here that are in the 110k-120k range we could easily afford.. and should be less than what we're paying in rent. So today I got on the ball with that and contacted a realtor, and we applied for pre-approval and got the IDs of the houses we were interested in based on pictures online.

Added stress of another big life event though.. and it was sorta nudged along by our sink leaking, to where we woke up to a big mess in the kitchen again. Water heater broke the other week and flooded the downstairs and now this.. the apartment is old, and they take care of it, but still a bit annoying. A house may not fix leaky pipes and all, but at least then we could actually get stuff repaired as opposed to just patchwork jobs doomed to fail at a later date. Hopefully stuff would be less prone to breaking in a more recently built home too.. most the stuff in Charleston (where I live) is a bit outdated and "historic". Good for scenery and taking pictures, not so awesome for living in.

Anyway! Glad to hear you're doing well still, and yay for posting two days in a row

Meal Plan for today:

Breakfast: Breakfast Drink w/ skim milk (4 points)
Snack: Apple Peach Crisp Smoothie (5 points)
Lunch: Buffalo Chick Nuggets (10 points)
Dinner: Leftovers (10 Points)
Snack: Yoplait Light + granola (4 points) WW Ice Cream Bar (2 points)

Daily Total/Allowed: 35/35
Weekly Points: 9/35

Exercise: Strength day.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 03:26 PM   #228  

Sink leaking is fixed, but the sink is not. They had to order a part so they'll be coming by tomorrow to fix it instead. Ended up doing Subway yesterday as we had people in the kitchen messing with the sink and cooking was not really likely to happen. So Chicken nuggets moved to today. Also moved my strength exercises to today as I didn't do them yesterday with all the mess of trying to keep the downstairs from flooding again while waiting on maintenance. I called the office at 7:45ish am to report the leak and then again at 2pm because no one had come, I had used up all my towels (we have six large towels total), and that I was now using paper towels to soak up the water leaking out in addition to what was being caught by a bowl under the sink. They still didn't show up until about 5pm. At least there's no leak today though.

Meal Plan for today:

Lunch: Buffalo Chick Nuggets (10 points)
Snack: Yoplait Light + granola (4 points) WW Ice Cream Bar (2 points)

Weekly Points: 9/35

Old 03-13-2015, 08:03 AM   #229  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

I hear you on the big changes all at once. We are also about to begin the search for a home since we have been renting our first home for a few years and we are definitely out of space! We have always wanted to buy a home together (it would be the first time buying a house for both of us) and it is the perfect time now. Especially since my husband got a permanent job after leaving the military! Also I am sorry to hear about your hot water heater, that is a complete pain! Charleston is so beautiful but you are very right about scenery vs. liveable haha! There are places like that here too that we plan on avoiding, no matter how gorgeous it is!

I have a 4 mile run today as part of my 5K training but my knee is acting up very badly so I may just do a walk. Weigh in was this morning and it was a very small loss, but still a loss. I will admit I am a tad bit disappointed but on the other hand I realize that I have been sticking strong to my plan for three weeks and I am doing really great! Weight loss is not linear, that is in the back of my mind!

Last week: 293.4
This week: 292.8
Loss: - 0.6 lb

I hope that with continued consistency and sticking with it, that the weight and inches will keep coming off!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 01:57 PM   #230  

I have knee issues too, which is probably another reason I don't run. Even if you walk though, 4 miles is a good workout! You're right about the losses not being linear.. and small losses are still losses! Even at only 1lb a week that's still 52lbs in a year. That sounds long, but years go by quickly, and you'll be glad you stuck with it once that weight is off, how long it took won't factor in so much.

For the house we have a meeting with our banker on Monday to hopefully get the rest of things squared away and get an official pre-approval for a loan. We've already got the "you can borrow up to this amount" bit without them doing the full credit check and everything.. so according to that we are cleared for 255k, but what we're looking at is in the 110k-120k range. Some of the houses are 130k, but we'd wanna try and talk them down a little. 130k, would put our payments at about $900 after everything is considered. We're doing an FHA loan, so interest is at 3.75%, and then with the mortgage insurance being 1.3% of the loan, housing insurance, property taxes, and the loan itself is how we got to the $900 number. That'll get us a pretty good 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house.

Meal Plan for today:

Lunch: 3 Tacos (12 points)
Dinner: 3 Tacos (12 Points)
Snack: Yoplait Light + granola (4 points)
Daily Total/Allowed: 37/35
Weekly Points: 11/35

Exercise: Zumba.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:22 PM   #231  

Meal Plan for today:

Lunch: Chicken and Dumplings (9 points)
Dinner: 1.5 Chicken and Dumplings (14 Points)
Snack: Yoplait Light (2 points)

Daily Total/Allowed: 34/35
Weekly Points: 0/35

Old 03-19-2015, 12:44 PM   #232  

Height: 5' 5''

I feel so BAD! xD I left and disappeared... slacked after Christmas. Messy mess... Sorry =/ I pretty much maintained from X-mas until mid February, when I started watching what I eat again. Feels like I wasted precious time, but at least I didn't put weight back on.

I am SO SO HAPPY for you Sunarie! Grats on the engagement!!!!!
And it would seem we are all kind of looking into buying a house, but we aren't SO sure yet. We don't know if we want to settle in this city.

I have been yo-yo ing for the past 3 weeks between 203 and 205.5 ... But I finally got out of it. ^_^ 201.7 lbs this morning

March
1: 205.90
2: 204.36
3: 203.26
4: 203.04
5: 203.04
6: 203.92
7: 204.58
8: 204.58
9: 205.24
10: 204.80
11: 204.14
12: 204.80
13: 204.80
14:205.24
15:204.58
16: 205.46
17: 203.48
18: 202.16
19: 201.72 Finally moving! ^_^
Mari26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 02:34 PM   #233  

Thank you Mari, and welcome back! I'm with ya about the maintaining and all aspect. I gained a bit over Christmas, not much, just 2lbs, but still sometimes find myself going "if I had just stayed on plan I'd weigh x amount".. so I try to interrupt those thoughts and focus on how good I've been doing now.

Lots of stuff going on. Kitchen sink is finally actually fixed. Got pre-approval all set for our house and scheduled, actually scheduled not just planning, to tour houses Saturday afternoon. Working extra at the moment to try and get as much money as possible in preparation to move. I don't technically need to, but the cushion will be nice. Going back to school plans got put on hold for a few months to get that sorted.

I've been staying on plan good this week though. Still struggling with exercising consistently. The time I normally set aside to do it I've been working and it's thrown off my schedule a bit. Still losing slowly though. Inching closer to getting under 220!

Meal Plan for today:

Lunch: Potstickers (14 points)
Dinner: Leftovers (14 Points)
Snack: Yoplait Light (2 points)

Old 03-20-2015, 12:29 PM   #234  

Yup yup, I do the same thing! I could be 10 lbs lighter or something ... xD
We would LOVE to buy a house, but there are SO many things we aren't sure about... I don't think either of us likes this city. We don't have any friends, or family. So, we want to move ... we just don't know WHERE xD and we can't move until either of us has a job secure. But, again we don't know where to look for jobs! It's so silly!

I am glad you guys are working it out! And some extra money always comes in handy.

I am VERY surprised with the scale this morning... another drop? I mean I knew I had to be somewhat bloated but this is ridiculous... Makes me wonder if some of those pounds will be back tomorrow, or maybe it's because I am a bit sick. I have been coughing, runny nose and when I first wake up it feels like I have something stuck in my throat. Its gross!

Oh I have a "date" lunch on Saturday with a girl I met on Craigslist (Yes I was THAT desperate to find a friend... ) and we are going to Olive Garden. I have checked the menu and everything seems SO highly caloric. I have no clue what I can get that doesn't mess up my week. Specially since I usually eat more at dinner than I do at lunch, I also snack more in the evening. If I use all my calories at lunch... =/

200.6 lbs as of today. That's like a 4.8 loss .... in ONE week! 0_o
Gym day today!
Old 03-23-2015, 01:14 PM   #235  

Mari - Congrats on your loss! Also, let me know how your friend date day went. Olive garden is a bad one for high calories. I've been avoiding them because I tend to really love their food but it's also pasta, and large servings of pasta, so I know it'd be bad.

We found a house we liked this weekend, but didn't get it. Were a little late with our offer I guess. So back to searching.

Meal Plan for today:

Snack: Apple Crisp Smoothie (5 points)
Lunch: 2 Buffalo Chicken Salad Wraps (14 points)
Dinner: Leftovers (7 Points)
Snack: Yoplait Light with granola (4 points)

Old 03-25-2015, 09:18 AM   #236  

House hunting is a PAIN! Better luck next time!

Well, my "date" at Olive Garden ended up cancelling... I was BAD during the weekend though. I have been feeling pretty lonely, and Monday my anxiety was through the roof. I destroyed my fingers... (I used to have this bad habit of biting the lose skin around my fingers and it got pretty bad, after like 9 years I finally stopped.) Well, this Monday I butchered them. They are red and rough again... Tuesday wasn't much better. I could REALLY use a friend. I was so desperate I even post an add on Craig's List (Back on February).... no luck.

So yup, IDK how to not lose it this week....
My husband and I have been wanting a dog for a while, but we always said once we get to a bigger place. Well, apparently he thinks it might help me and keep me company (he is so sweet). SOOOO we are getting a puppy! He was born in Feb 7th and will be ready for pick up on April 4th!!! I am SO excited. It is a Siberian Husky, black coat and blue eyes. We will name him Arthas! I can't wait, I am literally counting down the days... It will be a 4 hour drive though... lol

https://www.facebook.com/rousesiberianhuskies?fref=ts if you want to check him out (We are getting Male #5).

Anyway, sorry for the rant... but I have been struggling pretty bad. Also, I couldn't stop snacking on Monday, Tuesday I wasn't SO bad... I am sticking to healthy food today though.

Recap-
Friday: 200.6 (lowest)
Saturday: 201.0
Sunday: 201.9 (Sigh...)
Monday: 201.7
Tuesday: 201.2
Wednesday: 201.0 (Almost there again?)

I want to be at 200 already! xD

I think that's it... <3 Thanks for reading =/
Old 03-25-2015, 01:18 PM   #237  

Aww, sorry your friend date cancelled Mari Yay on getting a puppy though! I am sooo jealous. One of the reasons we want a house is because getting a husky specifically is something we want to do. Fiance has wanted one since he was 15 or so, and we've done tons upon tons of research into the care they require. We just can't get one with an apartment cause they're one of those dogs. Fiance doesn't want anymore kids though, just the one I brought into the relationship. The husky is essentially going to be "our" kid.

We're going to do a puppy too. I know there are a lot up for adoption, but the sad bit is I tend to be afraid of big dogs that didn't grow up around me and I just don't think I'd ever be fully comfortable if we got one that was already fully grown.

Anyway, still busy this week. Have another official tour on Sunday, but have been driving by houses and looking up stuff online to try and narrow down what we'd like to see the inside of. Been eating out a lot as a result, but have been trying to make healthy decisions. I was down .8lbs as of Monday. Still a good loss in my book! I'm at 223lbs even, inching ever closer to that 220 mark. Can't wait to be into a new decade again.

Meal Plan for today:

Lunch: Chicken Fajita (11 points)
Dinner: Leftovers (11 Points)

Old 03-26-2015, 12:19 PM   #238  

We were going to wait until we had a bigger place, but I feel pretty lonely... I have wanted a Siberian Husky since I was 15 too! :P There is something magical about raising your own dog. It is going to be my first big dog (We always had small dogs at my parent's house).

hope you have better luck on Sunday! ^_^ I want us to get our OWN place so bad (so you can do what you want with it, put at many frames on the walls and so on...) but, it is a HUGE commitment specially when you don't want to stay in that place. So Happy for you though. And it is always exciting to hit the next 0!
0.8 lbs is great!

As of today, I went back to 200.6 lbs. Maybe by Monday I'll be off the 200s -Crosses fingers-

I have a very (VERY) challenging goal for the end of May. Reach around 177 lbs ... Might not get there but I at least want to get as close as I can. My lowest ever (as a teenager-adult) has been like 185 ish, so really looking forward to that. My parents are visiting for a week in early May though so, that might interfere. We will see. I have lost like 33 lbs and I can't tell much of a difference. I mean I had a size 18 pair of jeans that are lose but ... that's it. I look at myself in the mirror and I see same ol' big me. Wondering when will I actually -notice-. =/
Old 03-26-2015, 01:06 PM   #239  

Take pictures, try on old clothes that use to be too tight (if you have any)! I still don't see a change in myself when I look in the mirror, but clothes do fit differently, especially older dresses.. and you can sort of tell, especially in my face, in pictures.

Ambitious goals can be fun, just make sure you don't do what I do and get too down on yourself if you don't meet the goal. I tend not to set really ambitious ones anymore because I found it shifted my focus to what I didn't accomplish rather than what I did.

For house stuff it just seemed like a good time. We had some money saved up, enough to get an FHA loan and be able to do the downpayment and closing costs.. and then after calculating everything (Mortgage, Mortgage Insurance, Home Owner's Insurance, Property Taxes) a house ends up cheaper than what our apartment is going up to. So with our lease expiring and costs of the apartment going up, on top of knowing we'll be in the area for at least 8 years, and wanting to get a husky pup, we just figured it'd be better to buy. Finding a place we want to live in for 8 years is going to be the tough part!

For weight loss stuff I've done good on exercise for the past two days. I haven't done it today yet, but I'm pretty determined to keep my good streak rolling. Having a puppy will help with that too, since huskies need a ton of exercise, lol! Eating is on plan. I actually ate less points than I planned out last night. The fajitas I mad ended up making a ton more servings than what I originally had the recipe at. I had it calculated for 6 servings, but it actually made more around 10-12. So less points per serving, even though I still just ate what I listed. So leftovers today. Points look similar, but I get more meat in the fajitas for 1 less point, so all good!

Meal Plan for today:

Lunch: Chicken Fajitas (10 points)

Old 03-30-2015, 12:11 PM   #240  

I have started to wear this old pants that didn't fit. They are still a bit snug when I sit down... but not too much.

As of my ambitious goal I think I just threw it out the windows this week hehehe. I am still going to try to get as close as I can, I mean It might not be 177 lbs but 180 would still be better than 200!
I was bad last week, didn't even exercised once!! I will go to the gym today though, even if I have to drag my lazy bum all the way there !

I am a YO-YO xD I have been up and down all week. I even made it to 198.8 lbs on Saturday .... Today I am back at 200.6 I don't know if I should laugh or cry. I guess it's a good think I didn't bother moving the ticker. Oh well, maybe I'll drop back to that fast?

Tomorrow is the last day of the month... April has come around FAST! Let's make something out of it... I feel like I haven't been trying hard enough, that I have been slacking too much. Sigh... I should be at like 177 lbs now! If I hadn't slacked so much at the begging of the year. At least I haven't completely given up like so many times before right?

Feel like I am SO close yet so far hehehe I need to motivate myself again ... Don't know how yet.

I am DONE with:
- Slacking
- Excuses
- Fast Food
- Uncontrolled Snacking

And I need to keep it up on the weekends! Seems to be the harder for me, lol I always have my lowest weight of the week around Friday/Saturday and back on Monday I've gained some.

Anyway... TOO much ranting? Sorry