3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Rules of Life (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/29965-rules-life.html)

Sandi 07-30-2003 03:24 PM

Rules of Life

Ok, sometimes I do good, sometimes I do bad. That is apparent. But I need to start changing, if ever so slowly. There are a couple of habits that I am going to put a stop to. These are my new...

RULES OF LIFE

1. I DO NOT buy food from Gas Stations
2. I DO NOT buy food from Vending Machines

These are just a few of my many problem areas, but I must start somewhere. I have this bad habit of stopping by a gas station on the way home for a "treat". No more. I have already thought about what I could stop for on the way home. Nope, not stopping EVER again. There are many bad habits that need to stop. Fast food, ice cream, sweets. But I don't dare put them on a NEVER list because I will have those things in moderation, and that's OK. I am tired of breaking promises to myself. But there are some Bad Habits that I need to say NEVER AGAIN. This is just the start of my list.

What are your "Rules of Life"??

AngiKL 07-30-2003 03:31 PM

I DO NOT eat in my car.

Sheila53 07-30-2003 04:17 PM

I DO NOT eat anything after 8:00 pm.
I DO NOT drink soda.

slimmingsi 07-30-2003 04:26 PM

1. no carbs after 5pm.
2. no chocolate. yep its been 7 months since i had any
3. i must stop eating pasties!!!!

Sandi 07-30-2003 04:36 PM

pasties?!?!?!? :o :o :o Do you mean pastries?? :lol:

SuchAPrettyFace 07-30-2003 04:47 PM

No, Sandi, pasties are a meat pie:

2 ready-made pie crusts
ground beef, browned & drained
onions, chopped
carrots, chopped
rutabaga, chopped

Make like you would an apple or other fruit pie--ingredients go between the crusts. Bake like a pie, or fold up like calzones, until golden brown. Serve w/ketchup.

I miss my Grammy. :( She used to make them.

I DO NOT drink my calories.

Sandi 07-30-2003 04:53 PM

Ok, now that we all know where my mind is!! :o

Daners 07-30-2003 05:03 PM

I'm with you SAPF, in that I don't drink my calories.
I also try to pick one thing each day that I really am hungry for, and then work the rest of the day around that.
My newest rule is that if I don't know what I'm hungry for, I'm not really hungry (not that I have to eat what I'm hungry for, but if nothing is in my head, then I really don't need to be eating at that point).

glynne 07-30-2003 06:56 PM

I try to help myself not to get into trouble by buying a single serving size of something I am wanting ~ cookies, chips, candy bar ~ what ever. That way, I am not denying myself, I can have a treat, but the portion is controled. And I don't do this all the time ~ just sometimes. So these are improvements over things I used to do.

blondegirl32 07-31-2003 08:54 PM

OK my new rule is to leave the soda alone, diet or otherwise. Gotta start somewhere!
Second rule---I will get up atleast a half-hour earlier every morning to eat a good breakfast and not pick something out of the vending machine at work.

muelledk 07-31-2003 11:33 PM

OK, my new rule, no more snacking between lunch and dinner (that's kind of because lately, I just don't have the time)

Sandi 07-31-2003 11:44 PM

I will add a third rule.

3. Cereal is ONLY for breakfast

Since we have no junk in the house what so ever, I have been turning to that.

blondegirl32 08-01-2003 12:09 AM

Yes I agree and will try keep that rule...cereal is only for breakfast..if I keep repeating it over and over at 11:30 at night I'll actually start to believe it!!!

synger 08-01-2003 08:15 AM

My rule: Breakfast is not optional
My correllary: If I waited until 10 am, it's not breakfast.

AngiKL 08-01-2003 08:28 AM

Another rule for me - If I don't like it, I don't eat it.

I have been such a food addict, that I found myself eating things I didn't really like, like lemon flavored dessert. Why waste calories and fat on stuff I don't like? So, I enjoy the food I eat and then I'm more likely to feel satisfied when I'm finished.