Old 01-27-2015, 09:29 PM   #76  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

Hello ladies! There are some familiar faces here, does anyone remember me?

I'm back from pregnancy, delivery, and all that fun stuff. With quite a few extra lbs, and certainly NOT in the 180s but I'll be there soon enough. I'm back to my high protein diet (a homemade IP knock off I did last year that worked wonders for me).

Baby boy is doing wonderful, he was breech and was born 3 weeks early, in December, via C-section. I'm still recovering from that and wondering how on earth I will get rid of the C-section pooch. We shall see. I'm not particularly worried about it right now.

Anyhow... I'll stick around because I hope to be here with you gals in a week or two.

Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:40 PM   #77  
Walking

S/C/G: 104/ticker/81

Height: 180

I did get under 180 pounds last year but a little over again. 181.2 pounds currently.
Runstreak mile a day or more.
Eating a little better.
noshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:42 PM   #78  
Walking

S/C/G: 104/ticker/81

Height: 180

Congratulations Paulitens!
noshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 07:56 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

congratulations paulitens! I'm here, though I don't check in very often.
lotsakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:48 AM   #80  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations Paulitens! I don't think I was quite in this thread when you went on pregnancy hiatus but I was reading it then. Good to see you back

I am still trying to get out of the 180s. Life has made weight loss take a back burner this month, but I'm getting back to it. Yesterday I went to the gym for the first time in 2 weeks and holy cow it was harder than I expected. It's the longest break I've taken from working out in probably a year.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:16 PM   #81  
On my way to -70

Donna! You're here!

It's exciting to see some "familiar" faces.

I came back from school to see that my husband bought pizza for him and the girls. Hum. There are two slices left and I have some calories available in today's budget but I'm not going to cave. Also, I'm going to put one of the slices in my oldest's school lunch tomorrow.

Gosh I have I headache. Gotta head to bed.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:16 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Height: 5'6"

Hey guys! I'm here restarting after a 30 lb regain. I did some traveling in the past 6 months and eating while away and then falling out of my good habits really did me in. But I'm back and that is what is important.

I'm following the same doctor-supervised diet I did last time, so I know it works. Glad to meet you all, but hope to be out of here soon hehe
Underwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 08:57 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

good morning! Yep Paulitens, I'm here though I don't check in very often. I've maintained my weight (up three down three) for about 7 months now. Hoping to break through. This may be where I'm supposed to be- I'm 55 and have been fat my whole (since jr. high) life. So between extra skin and that I may not see a lower weight. Wearing size 12 pants even though I have been about the same weight - down from a size 16 in July. Size 12 to me was a dream size since I started at size 26!

And today I match my ticker for the first time in a couple of weeks!

Last edited by lotsakids; 01-30-2015 at 08:59 AM.
lotsakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 12:45 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

Yay everyone is here!

Congrats Paulitens on the baby boy! That is so wonderful
noshoes - Ooooh you're right on the edge. Sounds like you've got a plan all lined up though to get there! We're here for ya
lotsakids - That is amazing progress you have made. It's not all about the weight anyway, right?
Noname/Underwater - I'm with you guys. Let go of all of my habits over the past 3 months or so. I used January to start easing back into them, but meanwhile I was still eating a ton of crap so I'm pretty sure I've gained some at this point. I'm taking all of my weight readings with a grain of salt because I know there's a lot of water retention mixed up in there. I guess the most important thing is just to keep an active mind somehow, even if all you're doing is tracking how much water you drink daily, and you let the rest go. At least that has been my goal - to keep an arm or a leg or a single n ose hair still stuck inside that healthy mindset so I don't lose it altogether!

Last edited by xRiotGirl; 02-01-2015 at 12:46 PM.
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 04:36 PM   #85  
On my way to -70

Donna -- you're doing fantastic! Congratulations!

RiotGirl -- thank you! I'm pretty ecstatic with this little guy.

Today was my weight in and the scale didn't budge. I'm struggling in the digestion department (haha!) because I'm eating some protein bars that are the death of me, really. So maybe that's why this week I was 193.1 instead of being in the 180s as I was expecting to be. So no more of those bars for me! Plus they're loaded with carbs. Yikes. But anyway... I hope I'll be rightfully in the 180s soon.

This week I also started a new routine -- having to get up at night for the baby, I was trying to take a two-hour nap in the morning after my oldest goes to school. Well, I decided that that's no more because I simply hate how every day is wasted trying to catch some snooze (by the time I get up and get rolling it's almost midday). Instead, I'm just going to go to sleep two hours earlier at night, and have my toddler's nap time as my "me time/quiet time." Hopefully, I'll get on the treadmill for a little workout a few times a week too. I need all this, and I'm the kind of person who lives off of little goals like these.

So here's to (new) new beginnings!
Old 02-05-2015, 11:09 PM   #86  

And I complain about my life! I don't know how I would handle a brand new human's LIFE on top of my health! lol Your attitude is the best, you are always in here with positivity and sunshine!
Old 02-06-2015, 05:14 PM   #87  

Time to vent!

So, I'm in a long distance relationship, and it just so happens that as I'm closing in on my weight loss goal, my boyfriend is also coming to visit for the first time (as in we are meeting for the first time) in April. I am getting so irritated with people assuming that I 'went on a diet' 'for my boyfriend' because neither things are true. What I am doing is not a diet, it is a lifestyle change and there is a monumental difference. I have completely uprooted my habits as I knew them and changed them for the healthier, and it was and is hard effing work. And I'm doing it for myself. I'm doing it because I was depressed and I knew it was because I was eating junk and not making an effort to be active and gaining weight, so I did something about it. I didn't do it to look good for a guy, that's just a perk. And to make the decision to do something life-altering completely for myself, well that was and is hard effing work too. I don't really appreciate people detracting from that because it is easiest to assume it's temporary and for a boy.

I know. Everyone doesn't mean to be hurtful and/or disrespectful. But hearing it for the 5th time really made me want to gouge out an eyeball.

Thanks for letting me get that out! lol

Last edited by xRiotGirl; 02-06-2015 at 05:15 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:55 AM   #88  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

RiotGirl - That must be so frustrating! You know in your heart what is true and that will make all the difference in the world when it comes to maintaining it, too. But what an exciting thing to look forward to in April! You must be so thrilled!

On a thread-related note, I really really really would like to get out of the 180s finally. Ugh. I have been here forever! I really thought February would be different, but my weight just isn't shifting yet.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:29 PM   #89  

^Thanks for the support. I try to put others' comments aside when it comes to health/weight loss because it is such a personal thing that EVERYONE wants to weigh in on, but you know. Sometimes stuff gets to ya.

Hang in there. Try your best, and let the rest come naturally. Trust the process!
Old 02-18-2015, 06:49 AM   #90  
Sisyphus

S/C/G: 195 / 169.0 / 110

Height: 5'1"

Hey everyone, hope you have room for one more in here. I'm restarting again too, right from where I started.

I'm 187.2 today and ready to leave these eighties behind ::again::
Crow is offline   Reply With Quote