Old 09-15-2014, 06:31 PM   #1  

Location: I am a bit Nomadic but currently I am in Sydney, NS

S/C/G: 217

Height: 5/2

Default Is anyone else terrified?

Hi,

I am new to online support groups. But for some strange reason it has made me think this is more real. It terrifies me for some unknown reason.

I have been trying to lose weight ever since I was a teenager. I do not remember a time when I though I was not overweight. I am now not even overweight I am obese. I just think this now real. Am I the only one with this reaction?
Shakes55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:53 PM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you mean, but I hope so. When we face something unpleasant, it becomes more real. When I was gaining weight, it's not like I didn't know it, but I avoided mirrors and photos, etc. I didn't want to think about it. It was a lot easier to be in denial and keep eating whatever I wanted. As soon as I started to tackle this issue, I became more anxious and depressed because I had really let myself go and I was horrified at how far it had gotten.

This is a wonderful place for support and information. Whenever I visit I know it increases my chances of staying on track. Welcome!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 432/180/200

Height: 5'11

Welcome and best wishes on your WOE. Very encouraging members with a lot of informative and motivating threads and posts to soak up.
TheSatinPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 07:26 PM   #4  
Vi

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

Yes. and I think its a good thing. This is the first time I've managed to keep at it and not give up. It's real. It's my life now. Welcome and good vibes!
vsmith85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:40 PM   #5  
Losing it every day...

S/C/G: 303.8/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

I hope that when it does become real (as it also has for me), it means that our chances for tackling the weight loss are more real too. Maybe it has to be real to commit to change.
twish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 297/182/155

Height: 5'8

I'm not sure I understand, but welcome!!
df180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 130/130/120

Height: 5'5.5"

I think you mean that the fact that you're obese has become more real to you, and that scares you, is that right? I can understand that reaction, but there's no need for it. You've identified the problem, after all, so now you can work at fixing it. If you keep denying and ignoring, the problem will never be solved. Looking at it plainly is the first step. There's no need to be afraid. You've got this!
chmia14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 11:38 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Height: 5'6"

Finding this forum is one of the reasons I made it to my goal. I know I could not have done it without the support.

Now I'm here after a 15 lb regain and am so glad you are all here to come back to.

Shakes55 - Welcome! Try to log in every day and post. Even if you stumble (most, if not all of us, do at some point) it will help get you back on track!
Underwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 01:55 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 302/294/160

Height: 170 cm

Any new beginning can be a little scary - I think that helps keep us motivated. I'm in a very similar place and I feel nervous. I'm afraid I'll let myself down, and changing can be a difficult experience.

Start with little goals, treat yourself well, and find a community to support you and you'll find things get better each day!

Good luck to you! You can do this.
Bardess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 02:11 PM   #10  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Do you mean the finally admitting it part? I agree, that was abject terror for me, to finally face the fact that I was NOT big boned, I could NOT 'carry it well', that I somehow was special and the rules didn't apply to me. It was a hard pill to swallow and took 30 years to get there. Once you get over that awful hump, the other side is way easier

Good luck and check in often!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote