Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 03:03 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Welcome cindy!

A week of positivity is a good thing. I try to stay positive all the time and probably come off more positive on the forums than I actually am in my daily life. That's because I try to keep to positive stuff when I'm writing, or at least a majority positive.

I'm still at 228.6 today.. third day in a row at the same weight, which is a big odd because I've been more under points than usual. Usually I'm right around 33-35 out of 35 of my weight watchers points. Never use weeklies or my activity points. Past two days I've been more around the 28-31 range for what I actually ate versus my plans. I just wasn't hungry, wasn't purposefully restricting. Oh well, maybe I'll get a whoosh soon.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:43 AM   #197  
Jill

S/C/G: 292/250.4/175

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzthingaling View Post

JB- I moved to ATL before here and hated it. I did a toss up between here and Knoxville and this won. I wonder if I should have picked Knox though.
That's were my husband went to college. He lived there for 10 years before we got together. When he moved home we reconnected and the rest is history. He loved it there but wanted to get home to help with Dad with his cattle farm....and to get some land and cows of his own.

So, apparently December is just gonna be a yo-yo ride. I was hoping to be down in the 220's by the new year but I don't guess that's gonna happen! At this point just hopping to see my low again.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:08 AM   #198  

S/C/G: 250/199/125

Height: 5'1"

Sunarie: WW here too. Just read your last post and thought you hit it on the head. Plan says I should have 31 pts, but its a banner day when I can hit 29 pts without feeling bloated. I've taken to having a big glass of milk for a bedtime snack in an attempt to at least get close to my points total without eating when I'm not hungry. I might just calculate out the points in the 'free' fruits and veggies and see if counting those even though you're not supposed to puts me in the right range.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:57 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 253/234/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ladies, I took some time off the forum due to a couple deaths in the family. It.was rough but I still need some support from weight loss people so came back 4 lbs lighter. I weighed myself today after one month no weigh ins. I decided to join this thread since I am 240# and am in PMS so in a few days I will be 230's. Excited and happy. Working out and doing a modified 10 minute workout ( the Horton guy ). Happy Holidays everyone.

Last edited by kmruby1; 12-13-2014 at 10:58 PM.
Old 12-14-2014, 12:02 AM   #200  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Yeah my week included a positive outlook, inspiring quotes, fitpiration pics, no negative news, no youtube/yahoo comments, prayer and scripture every morning and a morning devotion. I must say it has been good. With all the things being thrown at me in life and trying to continue my weightloss journey, I need some positivity. I've been tested but I powered through.

TOM is here so I am still the same. I have been eating a lot of beet greens and swiss chard and I think that really helped with cramping. I've tried turnips before and they worked well too. For years, I've been suffering through and now I realize all I need is to eat greens. At least now I know.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:30 AM   #201  
Jill

kmruby1, Sorry to hear about your lose. Prayers for you at this time!

As for my "weight loss" it's just non existent, right now! It's been almost 3 weeks since I've had a loss that stuck. About over it!
Old 12-14-2014, 01:13 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/182

Height: 5'6"

kmruby1, sorry about your family losses.

Jb1975, ruts are hard! I lost the first 10 quickly but if old patterns persist, I will hit one soon - if I haven't already. Its especially hard because if you are restricting the calories - then why get stuck? I know that if I DON'T restrict - I gain ...consistently ....no rut there! But always when losing.

I think I need to capture an ounce of Mizzthingaling's positivity!

vchan000 & sunarie, I'm amazed that you are full on your WW points! I did it years ago, before PointsPlus (not sure I understand how it works) and I was always hungry ....but I did make very poor food choices then ...I am better now and I think the "free" fruits/veggies works better for some. How does the new plan work? Do you get activity points?

Last edited by cindyleigh; 12-14-2014 at 01:14 PM.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:17 AM   #203  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Welcome back kmruby. Hope things are getting better.

After a good re-start, the weight stopped coming off. RRRRRRRGG. I'm still working hard to keep the calories low, so I hope the scale catches up soon. And I hope life stops kicking me in the pants soon.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:22 AM   #204  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

SeeMyFeet, I hate stalls but I'm sure you'll start dropping. I have been really lacking on the exercise this month and there's not excuse. I think I may need to join a challenge so I can have a goal. I do miss how I feel and look when I am consistently exercising.
Old 12-17-2014, 01:34 AM   #205  

vchan000 - I think part of my problem is I need to space my food out more. I usually just have a breakfast drink for breakfast, then a smoothie for a snack, and then a huge meal (where more of my points go) that sorta counts as dinner and lunch together.. and then nothing after cause I feel full from it until we head to bed. I try to do yogurt with granola, or another of my breakfast drinks at night to get in some extra points. Really I probably just need to spread things out more throughout the day.

cindyleigh - I don't know how it is compared to the old plan, as I never did the old plan.. but currently I have a ton of points (35 per day). Fruits and Veggies are free, which works well. The points plus values on the recipes I have are a few points higher than the old points, and the points aren't calculated by calories, but by fat, protein, fiber, and carbs. You get activity points, and then a weekly 35 to spend. I usually don't go into those. I've also been adding stuff to MyFitnessPal cause I like to track everything. The amount of calories I consume a day is around 1750. I've been sick lately though so I've actually been eating more around 1400. (30 or so points)

kmruby1 - welcome back to the forums, and welcome to the thread. Sorry about the losses in your family.

Jill and SeeMyFeet - I'm with ya! I've been hanging around 229 for a week. I got down to 228.4 and then today I was right back up to 229.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:33 PM   #206  

S/C/G: 253/234/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello--- Thank you all for you kind words and thoughts. Much appreciated. I promise to be on here more starting after today. Feeling like coming down with a cold. Keep up the good work and chat with you soon. Some soup and to bed early is the plan

Last edited by kmruby1; 12-17-2014 at 09:34 PM.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:03 PM   #207  
Jill

It's a Christmas Miracle!!!!!! New low, now let's see if it sticks!

232.4 this morning.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:52 AM   #208  

228.6 today. Almost going on two weeks hanging right around 229. Getting away from 230 (and by away I mean a 3-5 pounds away) has always been difficult for me though, on any diet I've attempted in the past 8 years or so. Right now I'm just keeping on and hoping the scale with eventually start showing progress.

On a different note.. next week is Christmas! It completely snuck up on me. Not in the sense that I haven't ordered presents (those have been ordered since November/beginning of the month), but I was thinking it was still a few weeks away for whatever reason. Then a friend mentioned it was next week last night and I kinda did a double take. Time has been flying!

Last edited by sunarie; 12-18-2014 at 11:53 AM.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:31 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 250/199/125

Height: 5'1"

Yeah it snuck up on me too. As much as I'd like to dive off the edge of my hang up (225) I'll be happy maintain for the next 2 weeks. I have a lot of meals out in that period.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:55 PM   #210  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Well I created another family secret. I asked for a new scale for Christmas. I sure hope none of the ladies at work ask me what my DH got for me!

More life lemons for me to day. Let's just say, the past few months have not been kind. All things considered, I'm doing really, really well, but I'm nearing a breaking point. Some people lose weight with stress. Evidently I hold onto it 'cause I ain't losin' a thang. I have had an average of 897calories/day over the past week and a case of the poops today. If the scale doesn't show a loss tomorrow, I don't know what I'll do.
Closed Thread