Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 01:25 PM   #106  

Sorry to hear about all the injuries. :/

I'm excited for you Jen! I want to be right behind you!

I did 5 workout classes in the last 5 days, it was a good jumpstart for my brain. I don't want to waste calories on junk if I'm working my butt off!

Hopefully I'll lose a couple more before Monday. It's TOM plus my muscles must be retaining water. I want a woooooosh please!

Happy Friday, everyone!
Old 10-24-2014, 02:39 PM   #107  
JAYNE

S/C/G: 276/251/150

If you have a cold load up on the Zinc! This really helps. You should take 1000 mg day and when illness is hitting double it.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:10 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Well ladies 219.8 today! Thank you all for the support....and I hope to see you at the two teens VERY soon!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2014, 12:12 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Congrats! Have fun in the other thread. It'll likely be a long while before I make it there.. but someday I will!

135.5 today for me, so going back down again after the small gain.. Same old, same old
Old 10-25-2014, 07:23 PM   #110  
Rin

S/C/G: 250/226/164

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjenangel027 View Post
Well ladies 219.8 today! Thank you all for the support....and I hope to see you at the two teens VERY soon!!!!!!
Congrats!!!
Old 10-26-2014, 10:13 AM   #111  
JAYNE

Congrats on those moving on to the next thread. I also will be here probally for a while. Weight is 236.6 but that is 1.8 pounds down since my last wi last Thursday. Hoping to hit 220 thread by thanksgiving but who knows.
Old 10-26-2014, 11:31 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Thank you ladies!!!
Old 10-26-2014, 12:29 PM   #113  

I weighed in at 234.6 today. Expecting that to go up a little bit tomorrow. Rather surprised. Veered way off my meal plan for yesterday and ended up getting a dominos sandwich. My son is apparently my weakness. I need to learn to get him and boyfriend pizza, but still keep on plan for myself.

Used 5 of my weekly points yesterday, and all of my daily ones. Guess that's what the weekly ones are for though. Besides, an icky sandwich once a month isn't gonna be the end of me. Back on plan today. Gotta run to the grocery store and get more yogurt for smoothies.

I would like to be under 220 by Christmas, but that's a bit of a stretch for slow losing me. 1 lb a week would put me at 219 approximately 13-14 weeks and we only have 9 and a half till Christmas. So I'm shooting for being at my first mini-goal instead. That's much more attainable for my current weight loss progression. Only 5-6 lbs away given my weigh-in today

Jayne, how's your knee doing?
Old 10-26-2014, 01:29 PM   #114  
Rin

Got my new scale yesterday. As of this morning, I weigh 228.4. It seems very consistent, so I suspect my old scale was a little off by about 3 pounds or so (before it went crazy). Hoping to be out of the 220s by December! I am planning to begin adding in the curves circuit training in addition to Zumba, and also cook my own lunches for the week. Making small changes and waiting until it becomes a habit before moving on to the next change seems to be working well for me so far.
Old 10-26-2014, 04:33 PM   #115  
JAYNE

The knee is a bit better but still have a lot of limitations with it. I think this is just going to take a while to heal.
I go back to work this week on thurs so my knee has got to get better(i'm a nurse).
I think I need to get back to a gym and start some strength training for my knee. The Y is having a special in November and dh will be home on Tuesday night from hunting in Colorado and he talked about going back to the gym. We use to work out at planet fitness but it was close to my old job and it made it convenient. It is now 45 min from here but the Y just opened up a location less than 5 min from our house.
There is a yoga studio down the road from the hospital but... don't think this body is ready for a yoga class yet.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:09 AM   #116  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

I've been MIA and I missed Jen. Congrats on the next decade Jen!

Jilly I'm sorry to hear about your knee. You should check with the yoga studio some actually work with people with injuries or disabilities. I recently found a lady here the does, so yours ma do it too.

I would like the join the rest of you wanted to be under 220 by December. I really need this year to end with a good bang. It has not been a good one. My eating has been off but I did get in a walk and yoga session. My how I have missed a good stretch. I feel so limber already, ha.

So I've realized monotony worked for my weight loss. A salad everyday really did wonders. I just changed up the flavor but the main ingredients was always romaine/spinach, bell peppers/onions. So, I'm going back to that for November. I'm already starting to plan healthy Thanksgiving options. Are y'all ready for the holidays?
Old 10-28-2014, 01:15 PM   #117  

Rin - great to hear your new scale is working! My Zumba DVDs came in yesterday, so I get to start those today. Doing the Step-by-Step DVD today. It gets me sweating and breathing hard enough to be considered a moderate workout, so a good replacement for Just Dance

Jayne - Glad to hear your knee is doing a little better. I hear ya with yoga. I've tried yoga and I always feel silly cause I'm super not flexible... so I don't really even come close to doing the poses like the videos I've seen. I think if I do decide to go that route I'd wanna do an actual class, just to make sure I was even doing them right, it'd have to be after some flexibility training at home though.

Mizzthing - Glad to see you posting again! Monotony sorta works for me. I usually mix up lunch/dinner a bit, but breakfast and snacks are the same. That goes for pre-weight loss diet too. I like eating the same things over and over, which I guess is weird. Currently we're a little more varied, but it's because I've been trying to find recipes that work for both me and boyfriend.

I'm not ready for the holidays! I thought I was, and then Thanksgiving plans changed a while back so the meal is at our house... which I really wanted to avoid. On one hand it's sort of good cause I can control what is actually made, on the other hand.. we don't even have a dining room table cause our apartment is small, and I don't want to make some diet food that people not on a diet won't like.. but I also don't want to have a ton of leftovers that'll throw me off for the entire week. Boyfriend's mom suggested going out to eat, but I won't do that because I use to work retail.. and working every holiday absolutely sucked.. so I make the choice not to shop or go out at all on holidays.

I need to really sit down and come up with a plan at some point. I keep putting it off cause I don't really know where to start. My mom and dad have been giving me cooking ideas, but none of them are diet friendly, and they'd leave me with tons of leftovers. Just thinking about it is giving me anxiety :/
Old 10-28-2014, 08:31 PM   #118  
Rin

Jillybean – Sorry about your knee! That sounds very painful. I hope it’s starting to feel better. Yoga is also something I want to try at some point. I think it would help with flexibility and maybe help prevent injuries in the future.

Mizzthingaling – Monotony works really well for me too. The only problem I have is sticking to it!

Sunarie – let me know how you like the Zumba dvds! I’ve never tried them before, but I really love Zumba. It’s the only workout I’ve ever consistently been able to stick to, other than my P90 sculpt dvds.

So, I weighed in at 229 this morning and it made me feel kind of down. But then I realized, I have so much more energy this week and I just pop awake now in the mornings. My pants are looser, some are even a little baggie. And this may be TMI, but tonight I noticed my bum is a lot higher and slimmer. Not necessarily good, but better. Lol So yay, for nonscale victories! I think I may have to cut myself back to only weighing on Sunday mornings, because weighing myself every day is beginning to drive me crazy with all the fluctuations. I’m just going to continue to transition to whole, clean foods, and keep adding in more exercise.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:20 PM   #119  

Rin - I like them a bit. I actually got them years ago, they were just in storage at my mom's. It's a 7 DVD set that comes with these little weight things that have sand or something in the barbell bit. So they kinda do maraca sounds when you shack them. I don't use those yet, lol. My biggest gripe would probably be that the step by step workout, which is suppose to teach you the moves, doesn't actually contain all the moves from the next DVD progression up. So while it is it's own nice workout, it doesn't teach you all the stuff you need. Anyway, glad your scale is being not ick! I'd say baggy pants are a much bigger win than a number on the scale. Yay!

I'm up to 235 even today. Not worried, this happens with me a lot. I'll lose 2lbs in two days and then it'll creep back up by a 1lb or so, and then it'll drop again, haha. I do hope it goes down a little bit both for challenge weigh-ins (tomorrow) and the end of the month weigh-in for myself. Even if it doesn't though, it'd still put me right around 4lbs lost for the month. Yay!
Old 10-29-2014, 08:44 PM   #120  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Sun I like the Zumba DVDs too but you are right step by step though. Mine are in storage now. I use to love them for a fun workout at home.

I'm still trying to work on a plan. I may do it while at a physical therapy appointment for my mom tomorrow. No movement on weight really but hopefully after I go back to the status quo it will help. I also narrowed own a yogurt maker. I can't wait to make my own.
Closed Thread