Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 03:24 PM   #61  

Thank you all for the welcomes.

You all are doing so great, I'm quietly lurking trying to absorb all your dedication and excitement. I opened this account weighing 239. I weighed in 2 days later at 241. I have 40lbs to lose to be in an "ok" place. It might as well be a million.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:08 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Sunarie......I so feel you...we were stationed 2 years in South Korea a MILLION miles away from family....it was so hard there because most everyone in Korea is skinny and everything clothes ect is built for the short skinny people!

Laststraw...all I can say is I was a yo yo for over 10 years I just recently came to a place where I want this weight off and I will do anything follow anything exercise whatever and not binge and really focus. I have 6 kids my husband is in the military and is only home on the weekends. I am a single mom for the week and I also have RA....that being said everyone has their own lives with their own problems but if you REALLY really want to commit you just have to set rules and follow them. It's hard at times but worth it in the end. I recommitted to a lifestyle change 7/21/14 ...do I have days that suck? yes Do I have days I want to quit? yes Do I have days where my weight plateaus? Yes....but I stick with it. I have also let myself have one meal a week on the same day where I have what I have been craving....this has really helped me with binges...so you have to find what works for you and go from there!
Old 10-15-2014, 08:26 AM   #63  
Rin

S/C/G: 250/226/164

Height: 5'8"

231.6 today! I'm going to keep logging my food and starting my first Zumba class tonight. Hopefully in 2 weeks I will be in the 220's
Old 10-15-2014, 08:28 AM   #64  
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjenangel027 View Post
Sunarie......I so feel you...we were stationed 2 years in South Korea a MILLION miles away from family....it was so hard there because most everyone in Korea is skinny and everything clothes ect is built for the short skinny people!

Laststraw...all I can say is I was a yo yo for over 10 years I just recently came to a place where I want this weight off and I will do anything follow anything exercise whatever and not binge and really focus. I have 6 kids my husband is in the military and is only home on the weekends. I am a single mom for the week and I also have RA....that being said everyone has their own lives with their own problems but if you REALLY really want to commit you just have to set rules and follow them. It's hard at times but worth it in the end. I recommitted to a lifestyle change 7/21/14 ...do I have days that suck? yes Do I have days I want to quit? yes Do I have days where my weight plateaus? Yes....but I stick with it. I have also let myself have one meal a week on the same day where I have what I have been craving....this has really helped me with binges...so you have to find what works for you and go from there!
Congrats on your progress! I can't even imagine how much more committed you have to be with a family and so many responsibilities! I live alone and it's hard enough. Congrats again!
Old 10-15-2014, 11:05 AM   #65  

Rin...thank you! It is definitely one day at a time!!!!
Old 10-15-2014, 12:41 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Mizzthing - I am with you, I keep hovering around that exact same number this week. It's been kinda ick.

Rin - Grats on 231.6! Zumba is fun. If you like dancing you'll probably like it. I don't know that I'd ever use any of the "moves" they teach you outside of some very select situations, but it's still fun.

Jenjen - You must be superwoman! I've only got one kid and the energy it takes to keep up with him... whew. You're amazing.

I'm down .1lb today.. 236.7. Still down, would like to get further away from 237. All things in good time, I suppose.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:43 PM   #67  

Sunarie....we have a blended family...so 3 are teenagers (although that is its on task...LOL) and 3 are 5, 3, and 2. I don't know about superwomen some days a feel like the crazy woman...LOL
Old 10-15-2014, 02:57 PM   #68  

Thank you, jenjen! I want to print out your reply and frame it on my fridge. You inspire me to get my act together and lose this weight for good. I did it once, I will and can do it again!
Old 10-15-2014, 04:42 PM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastStraw323 View Post
Thank you all for the welcomes.

You all are doing so great, I'm quietly lurking trying to absorb all your dedication and excitement. I opened this account weighing 239. I weighed in 2 days later at 241. I have 40lbs to lose to be in an "ok" place. It might as well be a million.
Just noticed I missed this when I was replying to everyone today. Sorry! Don't worry too much about two pounds. I know saying that is much, much easier than doing it. I track my weight in the daily weigh-in thread. I know you're only suppose to weigh once a week and all, but I like a daily reminder, and I like seeing how my menu for a given day effects my weight. It's helped me notice that even if I have a pound or two gain, a lot of times it ends up falling off fast as well, as long as I stay on plan. When I start to get discouraged because I'm hanging around one weight for too long, I'll go back and look over the September thread, or now October since we're halfway through that. Its a good reminder that even though I gain during the week, my losses are beating those out.

I started my account at 244, and after about a month and a half I'm only down to 237, so I'm definitely going slow.. slow is better than not at all though. Be proud that you're here, and that you're trying. That is an accomplishment all of it's own. As long as you stick to it (like a routine, motivation comes and goes), eventually the weight will start to slide off.

Jenjen - You're still superwoman in my eyes, however much you may try and explain it away :P My family is made up of large families on my mom's side. The lowest has 4 kids (my mom) next one up is 6, another 6, then 8 and 9. Family reunions are huge, and teenagers are still tough to deal with. Don't underestimate yourself!
Old 10-15-2014, 05:08 PM   #70  

Sorry for the double post.. but I wanted to add something I forgot in reply to TheLastStraw. I've kinda had to make a rule for myself... sorta an inverse of the "Golden Rule". Treat yourself as you'd treat others. When you see a gain on your scale, think of how you'd treat someone else if it was them gaining, and try not to treat yourself more harshly. The same goes for if you get a smaller loss than expected. Celebrate it! I was my own worst enemy for the longest time.. it's hard to get over that, but we can do it
Old 10-15-2014, 09:04 PM   #71  
Rin

Did you guys know that Curves offers Zumba?? I just took my first class there and had a blast. They offer it 5 days a week, so I am super excited! Ladies only, and very laid back, so I didn't have to worry about being stared at.

It makes me a little mad at myself that i already joined another gym (although it's ridiculously cheap), but I was just too self conscious to go. But I think after I go to Curves for a while, maybe I will be brave enough to go the other gym with all the super fit people and try some more workout classes. But I'm pretty happy with zumba for now.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:41 PM   #72  

Awwww, thank you sunarie. I know it's only 2lbs but 2lbs every time I "didn't worry" added up to 240. I was so stupid to let this happen. I swore I would never get to 210, then 220, then 230 I panicked like crazy and then 240 meant I was going to 250. I think I am ready for an insane asylum. None of my clothes fit me, I'm just sad to look in the mirror, I know what I have to do but just can't.

Thank you all for being so supportive. I'm really printing out JenJen's and sunarie's posts to read every day.

I think I need an inhouse food controlled environment to keep me in control. I do great all day long until my DH gets home from work. Then it's a bazillion calories from 6pm-10pm and wrecks my day.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:30 PM   #73  

I get what you're saying TheLastStraw. I guess more what I meant was, don't dwell on it. Negative emotions tend to support binging, so it's important to recognize it was wrong, but still not overly hound yourself for breaking rules. Know that it's not okay necessarily, but also be able to forgive yourself and work on not making the choices that lead to it again. It is going to be a slow process, and I've found that a huge, huge chunk of it is mental. We've all been where you are in some form, so you're definitely not alone

Controlled food environment helps. I cook in our house, so that part is easy to control. Boyfriend though, he's one of those super skinny guys (he's the guy in the picture on my profile) that can just eat whatever he wants to, and he loves junk food. He's also pretty awesome at pacing himself, so having it in the house isn't an issue. He can eat 10 jelly beans and then be done. So, what we've done junk food-wise (I'm not sure if that's where your calories are coming from) is set up some rules. First, he mostly gets junk food that I don't like, that way I have no desire to eat it. Luckily I'm picky. I don't like most nuts, so anything with nuts in it I don't really touch, I also don't like fries or potato chips. Second rule for the house is that if it is something that I know I'd have a ton of trouble resisting, he takes it to work with him. It usually actually stays in his bag that he takes to work, so it comes home too, but it's out of sight, and most of the time not in the house. I've noticed that now that I've been dieting, and junk food has been out of the house mostly, I'm a lot more restrained. It's been about 6-7 weeks since I've been on WW, and now if he leaves stuff sitting out I'm not inclined to guzzle it down. Was just the initial break-off from that type of food that was hard. Which is good news for maintenance way off down the road.

Anyway! I'm down .5 lbs for the first week of a 10 week challenge I'm participating in. Not a huge drop, but every little bit counts. I've started tracking things in the MyFitnessPal app as well as doing my weight watchers points because I was curious to see how the points converted calorie-wise. Turns out they're pretty dang close!

Also exciting news. Boyfriend had me pick out an engagement ring. He hasn't proposed yet, that and when he gets the ring have to be a surprise, but I'm excited
Old 10-16-2014, 03:47 PM   #74  

Sunarie...thank you!!! Your so sweet! And I do sell my self short a lot maybe that's why I got to 250! Great job on the weight loss!

Rin...that's awesome I will have to look them up I have one right down the street.

Laststraw...I agree with sunarie....try to focus on the positive...one day at a time one minute at a time...failure does not define you but you have to keep trying!!!
Old 10-18-2014, 06:38 PM   #75  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

I feel like I've been gone for a while, ha.

Sun- I saw your profile and that purple looks great with your hair color.

Laststraw- I agree with Sun. Don't harp. Take it one day at a time, pick yourself up and move on. Years ago when I lost 50 pounds I said I would never get back to 270s. That's the biggest I had ever been. Then my mother had a stroke, I moved back home to take care of her and that was fight, I went to school again, etc. But I am starting again after many hiccups. This is a journey so the best you can do it get right back up after you fall. That's the only way to continue.

Also, I would really speak with your husband like Sun did with her bf. Ask him to help you as best he can. If that means keeping sweets out or having a healthy option a few times a week that will all help. Before I went vegan I loved ice cream(it didn't love me btw) so what I did was not keep it in the house anymore. I only had ice cream if I was out and I would get something small and be over it.

Rin- I love Zumba. I just found out they have cute work out clothes too. I didn't know Curves did it now.
Closed Thread