Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 02:29 PM   #331  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Look at my ticker! Back in my 20s again! Whoooowee!
Old 05-03-2015, 09:15 PM   #332  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

Way to go SeeMyFeet!
Old 05-04-2015, 11:57 AM   #333  
Rin

S/C/G: 250/226/164

Height: 5'8"

222 this morning. My weight has been fluctuating like crazy and this is actually the lowest it's been in a while. I've been extra homesick lately and just really lonely and missing home. To the point where I'm even thinking about moving back home to live closer to family and friends. I've lived here for about a year and it's the second year I've lived in a state by myself. I don't know, I just miss everything and not sure what I'm going to do yet
Old 05-05-2015, 08:58 AM   #334  

S/C/G: 263/249.6/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning everyone, I hope it's okay that I join you in this thread. I've been in the 230s for a couple of days now and hoping to not see the 240s again. Scratch that, there is no "hoping," I'm going to say I'm definitely not going to see the 240s again. Gotta think positive.
Old 05-05-2015, 04:13 PM   #335  

Rin--you and I got our 22_'s !!! Enjoy your adventure before you move back!

No, Synder, don't go back....you've been there before and it wasn't fun. It will be even LESS fun the 2nd time around....

Miraculously, I'm holding on to the weight loss and still losing Must be doing sumpin' right (finally).
Old 05-05-2015, 08:44 PM   #336  
Rin

This is not really weight related, but I did finally decide to actively look for work back home. I contacted an old classmate and she knew of a few possibilities. So I'm going to send some emails and see what happens. I already feel much more at peace now that I've made a decision to move closer to family and all my friends. I've been really struggling for two years and have been depressed on and off and homesick. But I've only been at my current job for a year, so I felt like I was a failure if I did not stay at least 3 years minimum - but after thinking about this more seriously for the past few months, I decided that quality of life is more important and that I would be much happier closer to home. So I feel like I'm getting more of a grip on my eating already since I'm already feeling less stressed. Ok, rambling over. lol I just feel a million times better now that I finally see light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:01 AM   #337  

S/C/G: 315/233/199

Height: 5'3"

SeeMyFeet and Rin, congrats on your losses!

Rin, I feel like everything in our lives is weight related. I'm glad you've made a decision that will make you happier and closer to your family. I'm almost at the opposite end of that. I love and miss my family, but my time living in Europe has been so wonderful and so productive that I am nervous returning home.

I know that I just have to keep doing what I've been doing and stay active and healthy. I've signed up for two 5Ks back home as a way to keep myself going. I've been online bike shopping and I've made the decision to store my car longer when I return.

In other news, I stepped on the scales at 221 pounds this week. If all goes well, I'll have to leave this wonderful group and head on down to the two teens soon!
Old 05-06-2015, 08:15 AM   #338  

Congrats to all on your losses!

Rin, I agree with NjPants that everything in our lives is weight related! You are right when you said that quality of life is more important. Good luck getting it all sorted out. I often wish that I lived closer to my family but atleast I have my husband's family close by, and thankfully I get along with most of them!

Good luck on the rest of the week everyone!
Old 05-06-2015, 04:00 PM   #339  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

Omigosh you ladies are on it! WTG, NJPants you'll be out of this thread in no time, we'll catch up keep going!! Strange thing happened yesterday I ate pretty well, about 1732 calories according to MFP and my level is set at 1470 to lose a pound and a half per week, I did my Leslie Sansone 2 mile walk (not the whole thing, I stopped myself at 1 1/2 miles ) and I lost 1.2 overnight! I am now 230.8 lbs. I was expecting to gain, because I am used to my body rebelling against weight loss, but it is actually being really kind to me lately. I feel like it's a reward for me fighting the binges rather than giving in to them (even though I still overeat, it's by a few hundred calories vs. thousands when I binge) and I am making myself do the Leslie Sansone 1 mile almost everyday. I am happy, dazed, confused and shocked I almost can't believe it's real.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:21 PM   #340  

Well, take a bow, Ms Candid! You've earned it! (You'll be wearing your 22_ soon!)....actually, I would suggest Dancing instead....(burns more calories!)

What a great group of Losers we are!....must be something in the springtime air.

I'd like to suggest a different word choice--everything is about our health...at our size, weight certainly plays an important factor in health. We should enjoy not only the smaller numbers and smaller clothing sizes, but also the increased strength, balance, and endurance....and the satisfaction of knowing that our bodies are burning clean fuel.

Let's keep racing to the bottom of this thread, ladees.....
Old 05-06-2015, 10:01 PM   #341  
Rin

Thanks everyone! I feel like I am finally making a little progress, and I agree with SeeMyFeet. I like thinking about what we are doing to increase our health instead of only numbers.

I'm feeling more positive since the weather is a bit better today, and I went walking for over an hour today at one of the parks, and I feel the burn! I have no idea how many calories or miles, but it was very enjoyable. And I'm thinking about going back to zumba to get more physical activity in my week. I feel a bit sheepish going back to the class since I have been AWOL for so long but I think it would be a good change
Old 05-07-2015, 08:09 AM   #342  

SeeMyFeet, you're completely right about the whole health comment. Since cutting sugar and processed foods I have energy all day instead of burning out at around 2:00 pm. I get so much more done in a day and because I'm doing more, I'm losing more!!
Old 05-08-2015, 02:05 PM   #343  

S/C/G: 315/233/199

Height: 5'3"

SeeMyFeet, you are absolutely right about the health aspect. It's exciting to finally be able to wear "regular" size clothes and all, but I'm even happier that I can run faster, walk farther, climb more stairs, and keep up with my nephews better. I'm happy that I'm finally having periods again, and that with exercise and healthier eating habits I have gained control of my mental health. These are major accomplishments.

I've returned to the states. I'm going to have to work harder than before an I'm ready for the challenge. Or I will be as soon as I'm not so jet lagged.
Old 05-09-2015, 04:55 PM   #344  

Ha! Health aspects.....I spend so much time studying my spreadsheets....there's prolly a number floating above my head....but I do feel a tad bit stronger after swimming every day for over a week.

<--my siggy is moving down a bit (weekly average)
v-- Daily Weigh-ins, not so much

Hope that means I'm still actively losing...after a week's worth of hard effort, I usually grind to a halt...fingers crossed.

Welcome back to the US, NJPants! Tho, it's disappointing we won't be hearing more of your far-flung adventures. We'll just have to settle for tales from exotic California!

Well, I'm off to the pool where I pretend to swim with the dolphins (other adults). Today, I'll have to avoid stepping on the "crabs"--open pool on the weekends with lots of kiddos.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:29 PM   #345  

I just have to say: "WHERE ARE YOU PEOPLE??" sniff sniff I wanna post here, but it's getting so lonely talking to myself!
Closed Thread