Old 09-25-2014, 09:10 AM   #16  
New Healthy Mum

S/C/G: 229/145.5/141

Height: 5ft8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreatYoSelf View Post
Hello everyone! I'm 24, I love cats, and I'm obese. I figured I should get right to the point! I posted here a few times a while ago, but I didn't really stick with it so I'm really committing myself this time. My goal is to lose 120 pounds, which will put me at 160 and then re-evauluate from there. I have some serious issues with portion control and binge eating, so I'm hoping that using the MyFitnesspal app will help with that as well as heading on down to the "chicks in control" forum. I'm excited to do this journey with you all and hoping that I can give as much as I receive in these forums!
When I started I was obese too though now I have a BMI of around 26 though I am pregnant so if I take my growing daughter off I am in the normal weight range for the first time in 8 years.

It does take dedication and for me its more about changing my lifestyle and eating more of the right things than going on a diet. As I hear the word "diet" and I suddenly want to eat and binge on everything and anything.

My hubby is very like you and binges and comfort eats and what has worked for him (as well as a semi-healthy diet) is hypnosis and it teaches you then more to stop eating when you are full and eat when you are hungry.

Hope whatever you decide works well for you.
sammymilner is offline   Reply With Quote