Height: 5' 10"

Morning weigh in 268.0 Up .8
Darn cookies lol
Sally Pineapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 03:36 PM   #107  
Mela A

S/C/G: 270/260.5/135

Height: 5'2"

Amy - Way to go! You're getting close to the 250's now!

Sally - It sounds like you're family is like mine...food based! No matter what we do food is involved. That makes it extra tough to make it through. But it sounds to me like you didn't go off the rails too badly. We can't be perfect all the time! Besides, getting back at it is the most important thing.

My weight is holding (frustratingly) at 268.8. It is what it is. I'm trying to get into the groove of cooking rather than eating a lot of convenience foods. If my cankles would just go down I'd be a lot happier. I'm just going to keep chugging water and trying to eat clean foods and make more of an effort to exercise. The weight will come down. Until tomorrow chickies!
MelaAnaetoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 04:26 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 282/SeeTicker/160

Gained a little today at 262.6... and work had Thanksgiving today and I ate my weight in stuffed jalepenos and pecan pie!! So tomorrow might be a little rough too.
amylynnehicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:51 AM   #109  
Mela A

Well the scale budged down today by a little over 2 pounds and I'm now at 266.2 so I'm really happy with that. Tonight I'm going for supper and to the theatre with friends so I'm all about making the right choices out in public. It's so tempting to give in and have pizza with them but right now there's no pizza that will taste better than losing several pounds this week if I can swing it. So that's keeping me going! I am looking forward to some froyo though!
Old 11-21-2014, 12:30 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 291/267.2/225

Height: 5'8

Mela, hope you had a great night and skipping the pizza wasn't too much of a challenge! You can do it!

Amy, not too much more to go... I hope the poppers and pie didn't set you back too far. Thanksgiving is only once a year though.

Sally. Hope the scale is nicer to you tomorrow!

I have done great all week so far until tonight I had a stressful conversation with a relative and that was all it took. Here's hoping that I can learn to deal with that differently in the future Have a great night/day all.
PlaidCaterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 09:17 AM   #111  
Mela A

Happy Friday everyone! PlaidCaterpillar - we probably all have to kick emotional eating to the curb. It's the hardest thing ever. Emotional eating is such a strong hold that after I lost 45 pounds (down right around that 200 mark) in 2011 I have ballooned to up to 270 in a matter of two years of emotional coping. But they say it's not how many times you fall that count, it's how many times you get back up. Keep pushing!

I'm having kind of one of those too-good-to-be-true weight loss weeks. It's probably water weight that I'm losing but it's really reflecting the good choices I'm making. Even though I wasn't a saint last night (I had a side of fries instead of salad) my body is responding to a majority of healthy foods and lots of fluids. I'm down 5.9 pounds from Monday to rest at 265.1 this morning and so I'm feeling pretty pumped.

I did a lower body workout after I came back from the theatre last night and I'm darn sore this morning. Why is it so hard to get back into exercising!?

If I don't talk to you before Monday have a great weekend chicas! We're all in this together!
Old 11-21-2014, 04:46 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 282/SeeTicker/160

264 today. Oh well. Back on the wagon today!
amylynnehicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:29 AM   #113  
Mela A

Well I didn't come out as low as I was hoping to start this week. I had a bit of an indulgent day yesterday and so I'm up a couple. I still managed to round out the week with 3.3 pounds down so I'm happy, I was just happier when it looked like it was going to be closer to 6.

I'm exhausted this morning and I think it was that exhaustion that drove me to Tim Hortons for a candy cane hot chocolate and a bagel BLT with egg. I haven't eaten it. I just keep staring at it on my desk thinking "I shouldn't start my week like this." Jury's out on whether I'll be able to just grab a nut bar and some water instead.

Here's to another week to get motivated!
Old 11-25-2014, 11:57 PM   #114  

How is everyone doing? Mela did you resist? If I would have bought the thing and had it on my desk, it would have been as good as eaten for me! Awesome job on being down over 3 lbs for the week!

Friday morning I was 260.4 but I haven't seen that since then. I do so well all day and then at night I fall apart. I intend to enjoy my turkey day and not stress and measure and log, so I don't have high hopes for this Friday's weigh in.
Old 11-26-2014, 12:54 PM   #115  
Mela A

Hey PlaidCaterpillar! Thanks for checking in. You know what? I dumped the hot chocolate and tossed the bagel! Okay, full disclosure I ate the bacon from the bagel...but I choked on it and took that as a sign. I was so proud of myself!

The scale is still slowly doing it's thing and I'm just trying as hard as I can to be balanced in my choices. I'm having deli chili today so I really couldn't tell you what I'm actually eating, but not every meal can be 100% perfect.

To all the American chicas on here, have a great Thanksgiving weekend! Enjoy your food and I'll see you after your turkey hangover clears up!
Old 11-27-2014, 12:05 AM   #116  

Wow Mela! You dumped it! That is definitely something to be proud of!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend
Old 11-27-2014, 09:54 AM   #117  
Mela A

I feel great today. I'm down to 264.6 from 271 and I'm so ready to knock this second half of the week down!

I started a plank exercise challenge last week. I started at 20 very shaky seconds of plank and I'm already up to a full minute! I'm elbow planking for now and my abs pretty much hurt all the time, but it's a good hurt. Apparently by the end I'm supposed to be able to do a 5 minute plank but we'll see if I get that far.

Later chicas!
Old 11-27-2014, 05:06 PM   #118  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

Height: 5'6"

Ok... I've got to get myself under control. I just weighed after eating/drinking/clothed for the day and I'm almost back up to what I weighed when I delivered my 3rd baby 5 months ago! Wow. I'm embarrassed and tired of making myself excuses. I'm going to go 10 full days without cheating starting tomorrow. I WILL DO THIS. I don't want to be the "fat" mom that can't do anything with her kids.
Nagazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 02:09 PM   #119  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

Height: 5'6"

263 today. Here we go weight-loss, here we go!
Nagazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 12:23 PM   #120  
Mela A

Good day ladies! I trust you're all having a great week so far...I certainly could be and I need to try much harder. Tim Hortons (the coffee most Canadians love) has these gorgeous new winter cups that look like a fuzzy warm sweater so of course I bought a French Vanilla in the biggest size today.

I was down to 264.2 yesterday so I'm definitely making my way down slowly. I can't wait to break through my first ten pounds and then get out of the 260's for good. But since I ate like crap yesterday and started today off bad as well, I'd better get motivated to do a whole lot better.

The plank challenge has gone well so far. Today is day 14 and I'll be taking my second shot at doing a 90 second elbow plank. It HURTS y'all. I don't know how anybody can do a 5 minute plank because I don't know that I'll get there but I will say that after hardly getting through the 20 second plank on day one I'm pretty impressed with myself getting up to 90 seconds. But 90 seconds is extremely difficult for me so we'll see how much further I can go!

Have a great Tuesday ladies!