Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 09:46 PM   #1  

Default anyone else doing The Firm workouts?

Hi,

I know we have a separate exercise thread, but I was wondering if anyone else here was using the Firm tapes? I started last week. I'm starting very slowly, because they are difficult. The thing I like about them is the variety-it's aerobics and weights in the same workout. The steps and weight exercises are always varied, which keeps me from getting bored, and it works different muscles. I'm starting with their "Basic " tapes which are for beginners. I did buy the Bodysculpting System 2, but from Collage, not the infommercial. This is the first thing in my life I bought after seeing an infommercial. I don't believe the hype of those thigh machines, any pills, etc. This exercise is intense, and I think it will actually work. I took my measurements before the first workout, so I'll let you know. I'm not doing them every day, because I need to rest the muscles worked. I'll either do a Leslie Sansone tape, or something else easier, or rest.

Sherry
Old 07-27-2003, 09:47 PM   #2  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Is that the tapes with the "fanny lifter" ?
Old 07-27-2003, 09:51 PM   #3  

Hi Sandi,
We must be online at the same time. Yes, it's those tapes. The name of that thing is so stupid, but that's the one. I won't do the workouts with the six and eight inch step on top of each other for a LONG time-I'll work my way up to that.

Sherry
Old 07-28-2003, 06:24 AM   #4  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I have that. Girl, I give you alot of credit. I found that WAY too hard. I have loaned it to 2 friends to see if they wanted to buy and it and both of them returned it saying it was too tough. Another friend has it right now.

If your doing the firm, then you are doing awesome in my book!!
Old 07-28-2003, 09:01 AM   #5  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I have The Firm Basics: Fat Burning, which is a beginner/intermediate tape. I like it because it really shows the circuit thing. I use a broomstick and a chair, and had to buy some wussy little pastel-colored weights (/grin)/ It's a really good workout for a beginner.

This tape was done in 1997, with two companion tapes -- Firm Basics: Sculpting with Weights and Firm Basics: Abs, Buns and Thighs. I don't know if they're available anymore. It's not listed in Collage's list, and Amazon.com has them as out of stock.

I'm not ready to try a "real" Firm tape, though. /chuckle
Old 07-28-2003, 01:22 PM   #6  

Synger,

The Basics tapes are out of print. I found mine on e-bay. I'm still waiting to receive the one in the mail that you have. I've done one half of two "real" (as you put it) Firm workouts. I'll try to do a few more minutes each time. They are hard, but I want results!

Sherry
Old 07-28-2003, 01:24 PM   #7  

Sandi,

Do you have the bodysculpting system one or two?

If your friend doesn't want to buy it, try selling it on ebay. You could get back at least half of what you paid for it. You may even want to sell the fanny lifter separate from the tapes. Take a look on ebay-people are paying over forty dollars for that thing by itself.

Sherry
Old 07-28-2003, 05:18 PM   #8  
one leg press at a time

I do The Firm tapes and am lucky enogugh to go to their gym when I can afford it. THe one thing I have to stress is don't give up, it will get easier as time goes on, and then you can increase movement, and weight etc.. The Basci tapes are great for beginners, but also try to find some of the other "pregoodtimes" tapes, b/c they are not as boring.
I had a personal traier there once and she was helping me on my lower body, but my legs had no strength so she told me to use a regular step with no riser or just do lunges and dips until my leg strength was able to handle the step ups. You might want to look around for one of their older Fanny lifters mad from wood from 4incehs to 17 inches.
Closed Thread