Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 10:03 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 246/201.2/150

Height: 5' 3"

Sue - Thanks for the hug I definitely needed that. You'll be back on track soon, don't worry too much about it.

TooWicky - Great job on the lower size!

Laurie - That's cool about your eating habits. I started out doing a 14 hour fast and after a few weeks I got tired of thinking up tasty low cal lunches (I don't do salads) so I decided to skip it too. I love it and don't even think about it anymore, it really has become second nature. And WOW on your 7.6 lb loss this week. Are you calorie counting? If so how many calories a day do you try to stick to?

Dreaming - on Onederland!

Seemyfeet - So sorry to hear about your loss Meds that make you loopy are the best part of surgery!

Well I'm sorry I've been MIA this week. Just been trucking along as always not much new to report. I'm just really boring; I do the same thing everyday, eat the same thing every day, and wake up and do it all again the next day.

I am taking off tomorrow to have a 4 day weekend. We are mostly going to be working around the house. We have a lot to get done before the snow starts flying which is supposed to be early this year and as hot as its been the last couple days you'll won't hear me complaining when it does!

Have a great day and if I don't get to check back in have a great weekend!

Last edited by wvuchick; 08-28-2014 at 10:03 AM.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:18 PM   #77  
Jessica, Becoming Me

S/C/G: 260 / 199 / 150

Height: 5' 6" | MG: 185

Feeling so much better emotionally today. Maybe it's the fact that I slept really well last night, who knows. The scale's back to giving me steady readings, which is good. But it's also giving me the reading of 212.0 lbs. Oh well, it would have been really nice to see something below Tuesday's weight but at least it isn't higher.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:14 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/154

Height: 5'7"

Not much to say today but checking in and reading. Hope you're all having a good week And buckle down for the holiday weekend...here's to good results on the scales next week!
Old 08-29-2014, 09:29 AM   #79  

Height: 5'5"

Happy almost-holiday weekend everyone!

Seemyfeet You must have been a HILARIOUS patient. I have no doubt they loved you. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Dreamingsmall I loved reading your blog. Hearing someone else succeed despite the challenges is incredibly helpful to me. And I am still so excited you are in Onederland! And you did it so quickly. It really does give me hope.

Sue I am finding myself doing some sabotaging behavior as I get closer to Onederland. I saw in your daily weighing thread that you have discovered peanut butter Snickers. Oh, man, are those good! We'll still get there. It might just take us a bit longer. ;-)

Wvuchick I am not calorie counting. Just being "calorie aware," I guess. I am really just trying to minimize my calories during the day. So, unlimited spinach, cucumbers, celery, etc. with a sprinkling of fruit. Then, during the evening, trying to make reasonable choices that won't make me physically uncomfortable and overfull, but will make me feel satiated. I also try to avoid eating when I'm doing it for entertainment, but allow myself to do it occasionally. Pretty loose plan. I also exercise pretty intensely. It's working for me. For now. =)

Jessica - Grateful you're feeling better! Onward and upward!

LesMills - Feeling a little cheaty these past few days, so kinda scared about the weekend. So, I'm going in with a full-fledged PLAN to defeat it. We'll see how it works.

Weekend with the family camping. Boating. Hiking. Should be lots of great physical exercise, and lots of food that I shouldn't eat.

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!
Old 08-29-2014, 03:19 PM   #80  
Jessica, Becoming Me

That's it. I'm going to suck up the cost and get a new scale. I'm so irritated with this one (it had a 6lb variance today). Not to mention that the long week of extra hours and pulling hard to make up for the guy who's called out all week is wearing on my patience a bit.

And then my brother decided to be obnoxious, but that's a whole other story.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:23 PM   #81  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Garnet—sounds like you’re having trouble with the men in your life. Feelin’ your pain, sistah…feelin’ your pain!

Let’s all push Dreaming out of here…..wait! wait! Let me take the rope that’s tied around my waist and lasso her foot first….at the rate I’m going, that’s the only way I’ll get out of this thread...

Wannaskip—how’s the new job going?

LaurieD—funny I had a dream about you ladees the same night. In my dream, I found out 3 of you were meeting IRL and I planned to join you. We sat around quietly trying to match faces to screen names. I had the feeling you all were irritated with me because of something I posted and wasn’t quite sure I wanted you to know my screen name. OK so here’s the good news: although you ladees looked a bit…erm….hippy-ish (in my dream) YOU WERE ALL SKINNY!! Bwahaha!

Well…I’ve been sneaking into work with my post-op, beekeeper sunglasses….strutting in with a ‘tude while channeling my inner Jackie O….then sneaking the glasses off before I enter….I’m feeling victorious that I’m getting everything done yet still kept this eye surgery a secret….it’s challenging tho with the boys’ after school sports activities, relatives popping in and out, training five new starters at work, and keeping up with 14 eye drops on a 7,12,2,5,10 schedule. I had a nap today, which helped, but I need to go in to work all weekend.

Oh ladees….I went to my DS’s sporting event today….lots of fashionably dressed tanned and muscular moms in shorts and sleeveless, …the sun was blinding, I had my beekeeper glasses on, and, naturally, was dressed as my usual frumpy self…..YOU know…one of those situations that inspires one to start weight loss… made me so sad to still be so fat….and I’ve been advised against running, weight lifting…#%**! I’m even supposed to avoid getting constipated. (wish I knew how to accomplish that!)…..you know, those situations are better when you have that confidence that you’re on track and losing….which I’m not….My bionic eye is still cloudy and my vision is wonky and bothering me. When I have the other eye done, my vision should be more balanced, but I have to wait to heal and see how the first one goes first. I can't really consider glasses until then, and these dime-store glasses just don't cut it! Haw! I do sound glamorous, don't I?

Today I will start a new routine of walking--I'll go at least twice around my usual 5k route. I need other exercises that don't involve straining or jarring. Suggestions? I've GOT to start losing weight--my mental health depends on it!
Old 08-30-2014, 04:51 PM   #82  

If any of you are fans of dark chocolate, I think I just stumbled onto a treat that fits with the healthy eating. Yes it's a protein bar, but it looks, feels and tastes like a chocolate bar. It's like a Special Dark with crunchies in it that are somewhere between a krispie and a nut in firmness. I've only had one so far so I don't know what effect it will have with me yet, but the counts are more or less in line with what I've been consuming when I want something sweet and reach for a bar. Power Crunch brand "Choklat" bar, Protein 10g, Carb 16g, Fat 14g, Calories 220. If my next weigh-in doesn't go bonkers from the new addition, I'll have found acceptable chocolate because I prefer dark to milk so yay!

SeeMyFeet, well done on the eye-stealth but don't strain it over the weekend! Hope it heals quickly and with results that make having the other eye done possible.

Laurie, I had an experience at the YMCA this morning that you would laugh at I think. My club is closed for the long holiday weekend so I found an 8am BodyPump class to jump in at the Y. The Y's weights are in pounds while my club's weights are in kilos, so I'm doing mental math converting and even though you're supposed to multiple by 2.2 to go from kilos to pounds, I figured just keep it simple and double it - close enough right? So squat track comes up and I'm used to using a 10kg plate on each side and so I grab four 10lb plates, two for each side. The instructor says to me, "Ma'am those plates are 10lb each. That's 20lb you have on each side, are you sure you want to do that?" and I said to her, "You know, you're right. I need at least 5 more lbs for each side." I got an eyebrow lift haha - was kinda funny I thought

garnet, I think you're right about the sleep making you feel better. Sleep is super important! I found out that you actually start burning calories about 5 hours after falling asleep for "maintenance"...the body working to repair tissues and cells and such. So I always try for at least 7-8 hours a night to take advantage of that natural bonus burn session.

wvuchick, hope you got lots done around the house! After the brutal winter we had last season, I am NOT looking forward to an early one this year. Summer here hasn't even started really (60's in August ffs), so an early winter is especially dismal to contemplate.

Nothing much planned for the weekend. Just a little work and some household chores. Maybe a trip to visit my parents on Monday since they'll be getting ready to head south for the winter in the next month or so.

My next training session was supposed to be Monday but with Labor Day I'm pushed to Thursday, which is okay because I'm flying out Friday for a week to visit my Dad in Oregon. I've got a shot at breaking 200 (possible, but not probable given 2 weeks of decent drops) plus its a testing day. Every 4th week I get remeasured and do a few simple tests to check grip strength, blood pressure, redo resting metabolic rate, etc. Maybe a good testing day literally right before I leave will be incentive enough to watch myself while I'm away and not go crazy with the excuse that I'm on VACATION!!! haha

Take care everyone
Old 08-30-2014, 07:40 PM   #83  
Jessica, Becoming Me

Finally saw some progress reflected on the scale. Only about 0.6 lbs, but it's better than nothing. Of course, I haven't done anything physical yet today and I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to get done or when I'm going to do it. I'm feeling lazy. >.> Thinking about loading up Luna and taking a drive out to visit Will.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:34 PM   #84  
AAD
Aida ~ Slow but steady ~

S/C/G: 229/229/159

August 5 = 209.4
Aug 12 = 208.9
8/15 = 208.8
8/20 = 208.5
8/24 = 208.2
8/29 = 207.9
Old 08-31-2014, 02:52 PM   #85  
Jessica, Becoming Me

I saw 209.0 three times before the scale gave me 210.6, 212.4, and 212.6 lbs. While part of me trusts the 209.0 lbs, the bigger part of me decided to do averages for today's official weight of 210.4 lbs. At least it's moving again. Honestly, I'm kind of surprised, too. I slacked off a lot last night, consumed way more sodium than necessary and my calories were rather high. Not to mention all of the calories I couldn't track from bits of frosting here and there... I made cream cheese frosting from scratch last night. And then frosted cupcakes. The tip fell out of my frosting bag and it turned into a bit of a mess...
Old 09-01-2014, 10:43 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Happy Labor Day chickies! Hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend.

I keep telling myself I'm going to get back here sooner, but life has been hectic. Good hectic, mind you, but still. All the kinds of hectic you expect with a teenager in her senior year of high school. God, where does the time go...

Down to 210 even today. I'm really starting to believe this is going to be the time this lifestyle thing sticks. I'm afraid to believe that after 30 years of trying and failing, but I also know I need to believe in it if I'm going to make it a reality.

One of the reasons I think it might happen this time is because I'm not really dreading or looking forward ( foodwise ) to the holidays. I don't feel like I need an excuse to indulge because I'm satisfied with what I eat every day. It doesn't feel like a diet at all. On the other hand, if I do overindulge a bit I'm not too worried about it because it's only a couple of higher weigh-ins. I weigh every day, so these swings are just that: spikes on a line graph that's steadily trending downwards.

Anyhoo, even if I don't get right back, I'm still plugging away at this thing and rooting for everyone's success.

Have a great week!
Old 09-01-2014, 05:11 PM   #87  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Hey! Garnet's scale must have a virus. It infected mine yesterday. Saw a glorious number (197.5-six times, even!). But I knew better. Sigh.

Well.....Ladeees......Today is Sept 1st......Time to step on the scale, write the number down, stare hard at it, and get busy. August was a royal bust for me....gained 5lb. I tell ya, I just cannot lose weight when feeling stressed.

But September is going to be better. Turn the calendar page and start all over. With A Vengeance.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:47 PM   #88  
Jessica, Becoming Me

Up to 211.0 officially this morning. A few hours later, it gave me a solid 209.8 over and over but I'll stick with the original from first thing this morning.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:04 PM   #89  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Garnet... Lord that scale is testing you! LOL Getting a new one - I think - will keep you saner!

Yep.. you are right SeeMyFeet!.. Time to start a new month.. With a new attitude... Have you started walking? Is the eye healing? ... remember.. no itching or rubbing the eye! ARRRRGGGGGGGG (Pirate Talk here!) LOL

Streudel... WOW look at you ... losing while being busy! WHO RAH!

Laurie.. LOL you read that about the Peanut Butter Snickers.. LOL even being a year old they were yummy.. tho.. now that I think about it.. what kind of preservatives do they have to keep them a year (in the fridge I know.. but still).. Yikes.. More preservatives in my body! Woohoo! I can stay 56 years old now!

Me...working on keeping the insanity at bay (new job is a HUGE piece of stress and learning my 4th software program in 3 years is getting to this old aged brain of mine!) I am back up to 216 today (was 217.8 yesterday) I am talking to myself as much as I can to say.. NO MORE PITY PARTY or BAD FOOD CHOICES until I get to 199.. YEP! That is my mantra now!.. Now if only I could reach Onderland in a day or two!

Hope everyone had a good holiday! and stayed away from the baked goods!

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 09-01-2014 at 09:07 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:59 AM   #90  

199Ύ! Won't be official until Thursday if it holds, but its been just over a week since my last weigh-in and I had to know how close I was. Now if I can just keep the dreaded bounce-up from happening before Friday, I can get on that plane to visit my dad under 200 wooo! Time to call the SP again (sodium police) I think :P

Just under 9 pounds to go to hit my 100 pound goal....argh just before a vacation week. Not gonna stress though - I can still do it if I stick to my plan of going to classes at a local gym while I'm out of town. And sip the wine rather than drink it down when we inevitably hit the tasting rooms LOL That last part could be difficult HAHA

Wannaskip, I bet you're doing awesome at your new job. That's a lot of software to learn in a short time, but if you did it three times before, this 4th time will come through too. You've been exercising that brain as much as anything else! PS - excellent pirate impression

SeeMyFeet, how's that eye doing? We'll have to rename this month to See-ptember for your sure-to-improve vision

Garnet, if I could kick your scale I would...hard! I've given up on home scales because I wouldn't have the patience to handle wonkiness.

Dreaming, size 12's?? So cool! I can't even imagine that because I can't remember the last time I could fit into a 12. It was pre-High School I know for sure, so yeah that's so good! Keep on going, lady!

If anyone is interested, over the weekend we tried making pizza crust out of cauliflower. Yep, cauliflower. And I'll be dingdonged if it wasn't good! We know to bake it a little extra next time to firm it up more, but it turned out so well I was shocked. I'm sure you all may have seen the recipe pop up here and there, but in case you haven't and you want to try to get the carbs out of your "pizza", this is how we did it:

Grate an entire head of cauliflower with a cheese grater (raw)
In a microwave-safe bowl put the grated cauliflower and mix with your choice of seasonings (we chose finely minced garlic, onion powder and Italian seasoning). Don't add any water! Microwave covered for 8 minutes. Then put it in the refrigerator until completely cooled.

Preheat oven to 375°. Once cauliflower is cooled, mix in 2 eggs and 1 to 1½ cups mozzarella cheese (low fat if you want). Then spread/press that mixture onto a cookie sheet that has been lined with foil sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until top is golden brown. Remove from oven, then top how you wish with sauce, veggies, meats and cheese. Return to oven for an additional 15-20 minutes or, as my mom said, it looks like a cooked pizza LOL

We let ours cool for a few minutes after taking it out to make sure the crust was set. We sliced it into 12 squares and they slid off and kept their shape with no issue. It's not exactly like a piece of pizza, but the taste is darn close! And no bread

Last edited by LesMillsLuvr; 09-02-2014 at 09:09 AM.
Closed Thread