Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 09:41 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/154

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! Well, an unexpected happy result on the scale...down 5 Now if I can convince my body that it wants to stay there and not just be a dip-in-the-week, I just might make it under 200 by Sept 5th yet!

Last edited by LesMillsLuvr; 08-21-2014 at 09:52 AM.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:15 AM   #32  

Height: 5'5"

215.6 this morning. I feel like I really belong here finally! Though it's not a guarantee, my weight usually doesn't bounce up randomly by 4.4 pounds, so I am feeling confident that 220 is but a memory. =) (And, yes, I did knock on wood. Why tempt the fickle weight loss gods?)

Thanks everyone for the welcomes! This thread is super active, and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.

LesMills - A full five pounds? You make my whooshes seem small. Congratulations! I hope you keep it!

Angihas - I feel your pain. Transitioning a child to a new setting can be heart-breaking. But yay! for planned snacks. Planning can be exhausting, but it is a lifeline for me.

Doris - Glad the surgery went well. Putting off training is tough, though. It's so much easier for me to eat well when I plan my food around my work-out times. But you clearly know how to deal with unexpected difficulties. People don't lose 70 pounds without navigating challenges.

Wannaskipandlaugh - Congrats on the new job! And thanks for the welcome. I have wanted to join y'all for so long, and really thought I was much closer than I was. Stupid scale. But now, I legit belong here! Excited to hear about your lower-stress job. And congrats on the good health news.

Toowicky - Oral surgery is the worst. Glad you are on the mend and that more food options are opening up to you. But really - do you have to ditch the icing straight from the jar? That can be part of a healthy weight loss plan, right? Right?

Wvuchick - I flirted with IF for about two weeks a month ago. My difficulty with it was social eating. Work lunches. Dinners with family. I'm amazed that you have done it so successfully for so long. Four months and 40 pounds! That's so great.

Seemyfeet - I, too, am grappling with C25K. I am dealing with a wonky knee, so I have taken some time off to do the elliptical, but still pushing the intervals so that I was trying to get sufficient cardio work to jump back in to C25K. I am on Week 4, which I have done for 3 days. I only finished the last day successfully, but I still think I'm going to move on to Week 5. It kicks my butt, but I kind of love it.

Dreamingsmall - The male attention is tricky, isn't it? Weight loss is so much more than calories in versus calories out. Hopefully, you work through the head issue and keep going. And losing a relationship sucks. So sorry you're going through that.

EasilyAmused - Not to be rude, but -- it would be so wonderful if you finally left this thread! I think we all have our sticky numbers, and you seem to have encountered yours. I am so impressed by your patience and persistence.

Jessica - My weight loss twin! As always, I am so glad we are doing this together!
Old 08-21-2014, 10:42 AM   #33  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Well, based on my google search terms over the past 24 hrs (2nd career ideas, dealing with teenagers, chocolate for weight loss, I hate my life, etc etc), I guess you could say I'm majorly bummed.....Prolly due to Mother Nature, low cals, low carb, stress of life and job, the 3lb upswing on the scale yesterday, oh and worry about my bad eyes and upcoming surgery. After all this moping around, I have concluded 1) There's a Wiki How for everything....including How to Pick Your Nose--I checked!, 2) Wiki How is really dumb, and 3) cracked.com is terribly, terribly crass and irreverent, but I still find it funny, especially this one today: http://www.cracked.com/article_20398...miserable.html.

I wasted a lot of time yesterday, and spent too much time trying to figure out how to get out of doing some unpleasant things--I didn't figure anything out and I'll be doing those things anyway. I ended up having some wine and a pita w/hummus, which for me is a major cheat. I didn't get any exercising done.....but at least I'm still coffee-free.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:00 PM   #34  

Quote:
Les, or should I call you QUEEN WHOOSHY? Is that like 9 lbs in a few days? Amaze balls!!!

More like 10 days...I was 214 on Mon 8/11, then 210 on Mon 8/18 and 205 today. Yet another reason off-schedule weigh-ins bug me...they can be good like this one or so easily go the other way like the last one did where I stuck at the same # for 3 weigh-ins and it felt like 3 weeks instead of 10 days.

SeeMyFeet, I wish I knew what to say to help you out of the slump but I don't other than with all the stuff going on, if all you splurged on was wine and a pita with hummus, you're a better woman than I. ESPECIALLY staying coffee free! Good on you for that, honeypie

Last edited by LesMillsLuvr; 08-21-2014 at 12:01 PM.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:22 PM   #35  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Weighed in at 210 today!! Im so happy to see this number , project onederland coming soon!!!
Old 08-21-2014, 04:02 PM   #36  

Almost to the 50 pound goal Matilda - that's great!
Old 08-21-2014, 04:12 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 246/201.2/150

Height: 5' 3"

Geez. The thread done blew up on me. I hope I don't miss anyone.

TooWicky - I agree about hinking it rude when men blatently check out women. Are there no gentlemen left? Congrats on the dress! I don't have the body for one yet, but maybe someday.

Aida - You're doing great!

Sue - 210...YAY! You're doing great considering your troubles as of late. Keep up the great work!

Doris - I had two similar sized gall stones and had to have my gall bladder removed 4 years ago. I know a lot of people have issues with digestion after surgery. I have lucky and have had no problems, hopefully you'll be the same.

Les - It's been a cooler summer than usual, but still hot enough to bother me. This winter is supposed to be unusually cold, but I once read years ago that being cold burns calories, so there's that at least!

Angi - Yay on the looser clothes, that's so much more important than the number on the scale!

Laurie - Good job on getting the 15s so quickly.

Easily - My husband wants to move south and in the winter I'm like yeah totally. Then after about one week of summer temps, I'm like no way jose. Glad to see you are back at your pre-trip weight. Keep it up lady!

Seemyfeet- It's ok to have a pity party every now and then. We have to have bad days to appreciate the good, right?

Matilda - Great job on the weight loss. Keep up the good work and keep in touch!

Well it's Friday eve! Heading out of town this weekend and don't plan to stick to my fasting plan if I don't feel like it. Hopefully I won't go crazy, but I think my body will appreciate the short respite. Hopefully it will help me get to Onederland sooner!

Hope you all have a great evening!
Old 08-21-2014, 06:06 PM   #38  
Jessica, Becoming Me

S/C/G: 260 / 199 / 150

Height: 5' 6" | MG: 185

Sue - Friends? What is this friends you speak of. LOL.

No, I actually came home last night to a dead scale so I changed the battery and it seems to behaving a little better. Only a 0.2 variance between step-ons today. Of course, it read 213.4-213.6 without clothing and I don't trust that number yet so I went with the 215.4 that I saw last night after work (and changing the battery) and today with clothes.

Hope everyone has a good day, going to try and get some writing done on my manuscript before work.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:18 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 278.8/194.3/145

So today my scale read 201.5.

Umm...HFS! I'm almost scared to step on it tomorrow.

Real post to follow.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:40 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 278.8/194.3/145

Garnet, why don't you trust that new number? You are doing great and losing weight! OWN IT!

WVU, have a great weekend!

Matilda, way to go!!

SeeMyFeet, I'm sorry things are so rough right now. When is your surgery?

Easily, my reboot is going really well, thanks for asking! I'm glad you're losing the bloat. And not backsliding IS progress!! The ability to maintain is huge!

Laurie, you're doing awesome! The only way you're leaving this thread is by "graduating" to the 190s thread.

LesMills, amazing drop!! Is that typical for you? LMAO at "sodium police". Did you know cheese is high in sodium? Broke my heart to learn that.

Doris, that's awful! I'm so glad it went well. I wish you a speedy recovery.

WannaSkip, thanks for the kind words. And CONGRATS on the job! Woohoo!!

TooWicky, that dress sounds amazing. I vote buy it!

I'm doing really well. I've handled the two emotional events I had this week (son's preschool orientation--waaaahhh, my baby!--and other son's neurology appointment) without turning to food. I'm participating in an online blogging challenge and that's proving to be really motivating. I had a tiny NSV--broke my PR on the elliptical. Shattered it, more like. BOOM!
Old 08-22-2014, 09:14 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 246/201.2/150

Height: 5' 3"

garnet - I'd go with the smaller number. The new batteries should definitely give you a more accurate reading.

dreaming - PR? I'm guessing that's a good thing to break, so way to go!

Short work day for me today. Then weekend out of town. I think I am going to go off plan and take a break from fasting (just for the weekend). My weight loss has stalled this month and I think the break my help kick it back into gear.

Happy Friday ladies and have a great weekend!
Old 08-22-2014, 10:01 AM   #42  

Happy Friday everyone

Dreaming, first of all - woohoo on the BOOM shatter! And secondly to answer your question, I typically get about a drop of 2-4 per week for about 3 weeks and for the 4th week I tend to stall. Then I either go back to the 2-4 per week for another 3 weeks or sometimes, if the stars align and Jupiter is ascending in the 4th quadrant with Gemini and Pisces, I might see a big whoosh anywhere from 5 to as high as 9 (though the 9 has only happened once). 5-7 is the typical star/Jupiter influenced whoosh. I had just come off a stall week so the double mini whooshes of 4 and 5 a few days apart while not expected were also not shocking. I should settle back down to 2 and 3 lbs drops for the next couple of weeks

Well, fun fun for me next Wednesday. A retired co-worker nominated our entire department to do that ALS Ice Bucket Challenge so even though we're supposed to do it within 24 hours, its just not possible to organize a group that fast. We've already donated, but we're aiming for the cold shower on the 27th. The only bright side is I get to pay it forward and I have just the people in mind MUHAHAHAHA Yup, I'm gonna nominate my personal trainer because the only thing more joyous than the side planks she makes me do (oy!) is a bucket of ice water dumped over her head. You're welcome

Have a good weekend all!

Last edited by LesMillsLuvr; 08-22-2014 at 10:06 AM.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:08 AM   #43  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Howdy, chatty ladees!

Thanks for the kind words--whew! I think my hormones got the better of me. After privately venting a bit to a few folks, I started to feel better. (I have that weird "need" to vent, and I hate that about myself.) But, I'm still bummed about the weight loss, or lack thereof. In an effort to be more realistic and help ride out the bounces, I'm paying more attention to the weekly averages. I lost every day for 9 days in a row, and now I'm gaining . Weekly averages. Gaining. Ugh.

I broke my coffee fast this morning. I'm not taking my vitamins, so I used that as an excuse to caffeinate. Just one cup.

Surgery is on Monday! I hope!.....a lady at work came back from vacation sneezing and coughing and another fellow has had pink eye for almost two weeks! I've been encouraging him to go see a different physician and change up his meds. (Washing my hands A LOT.) I haven't told anyone about the surgery, because that will just start nasty rumors at work that will lead to bad things for me.

OK ladees, you're holding out on me! What' your secret? What are you doing? HOW are you losing weight? My average calories for the week last week was 1201 (thanks to the pita/hummus/wine mistake yesterday), and I had 5 days of 450+ calorie exercise. Evidently, I have to add something else to the mix. (Eying the vacuum and thinking liposuction.)

Dreaming. They grow up so fast. Get lots of hugs now.

PR=private region?
Old 08-22-2014, 10:19 AM   #44  

SeeMyFeet, with your exercise are you focusing on cardio or mixing it up? For me doing strength training at least 2 times a week has helped my metabolism get a little faster. Muscles = calorie burning machines. Not that I'm all Arnold Schwarzenegger or anything, but I've gained some muscle mass/definition over the past 6½ months and I believe that's been a big plus. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy getting my sweat on with cardio classes, but I wouldn't give up my barbell. Low weight, lotsa reps for lean muscles

PS - Haha "private region"...I sure wouldn't wanna boom-shatter that! Hmmmm, or would I???

Last edited by LesMillsLuvr; 08-22-2014 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:36 AM   #45  

Height: 5'5"

EasilyAmused - Fingers crossed that the water weight will pour off quickly.

Seemyfeet - Loved that Cracked article. And should I ever need to pick my nose, I love knowing that there is a tutorial out there to assist. PR = personal record, I think. But I love your guess at it. =)

Les - I have bouncy weights too. I weight daily, and I was down 1.2 pounds for yesterday's weigh-in, and back up 1.2 this morning. I try (with varying degrees of success) not to let it mess with my head. And the only way to treat a side-plank-demanding demon is a shower of ice water. I am also thrilled to hang with a fellow heavy lifter. Ain't nothing more fun than to follow a testosterone boy on the lat pulldown machine and increase the weight. =)

Matilda - Onederland! I am almost scared to think about it. It's so exciting to be within range, though.

Wvuchick - I love that you can get respite from your plan, but come back to it and get so much weight off so successfully. Have a great trip!

Jessica - So glad you're getting slightly less scale craziness. And look at you - always a bit ahead of me. I love that!

Dreamingsmall - Thank you! Onederland is definitely the way I want to leave this thread. Yay for dealing with life events and staying on plan. And yay for SHATTERING records.

I'm up 1.6 pounds this morning, after being down 1.6 yesterday. Sodium. Maybe water retention from weight lifting yesterday. Who knows? But I feel good about what I'm doing and the clothes I am now able to wear, so not even gonna worry about it today. Today's a run day, and I'm gonna try to increase my previous best of 1.05 miles of straight running (no walking intervals) to 1.1 miles.

Last edited by LaurieDawn; 08-22-2014 at 11:37 AM.
Closed Thread