Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 12:52 AM   #16  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

You guys and your skinny-butt pant sizes are making me depressed!! Wear them well, ladees!

And Garnet's scale is going out of its way to flatter her, too!

As for me, I'm still feeling like a melted marshmallow michelin man. Did my C25K tonight, third night in a row, which is prolly not a good thing. As the windows looked out onto the street where I was "running", I heard them mutter "Good for her" and "Bless her Heart" a bit sadly. I'm sure I woke up some of the young parents behind those windows with my loud screams of "CRAAAP!"....they couldn't hear the woman whispering in my ear "Begin Running". I wanted to kill that woman tonight. It's definitely more fun running with DS13. He provides good entertainment, but he's running his skinny butt off in soccer practice these days.

Hey! I'm finally getting better at the hula hoop. But I need to find or make one a bit bigger so I don't have to work so hard to keep it going.

Well, I've been doing exceptionally well (for me) for a good solid week. The challenge is to avoid being so impatient and keep it up. The scale has been going down, but I know the rate of weight loss will taper soon.

This is a slow process, and I just cannot accept that fact. Grrr.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:20 AM   #17  

Height: 5'5"

I am on my third day of sub-220 weight, so I am joining this thread, with some trepidation. I feel overwhelmed and excited that I may have finally broken through the rubber floor of 220. I always seem to hit that number and bounce back up, and I spent 10 days seeing 220.x on the scale. I am also super excited to be within 20 pounds of Onederland.

Seemyfeet - I am doing C25K, too, and I HATE that woman. She says it so cheerfully. I am sort of on Week 4, by which I mean - I have been inconsistent with running because of a wonky knee, but have been trying to push cardio on the elliptical so that I can smoothly transition back to running, so I jumped in at Week 4 and got almost all the way through it. Okay - I took a very long walking pause before completing the last 2 minutes of the last 5-minute segment.

Jessica - I'm hot on your heels, baby. Haven't actually gotten a whoosh, but I am secretly hoping for one. However, I am getting some slow and steady losses these last four days, and I'll happily take that as well.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:47 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 246/201.2/150

Height: 5' 3"

garnet - That's crazy! Who knows what to believe.

Seemyfeet - I tried to do C25k (had to stop due to missing a piece of my heel bone...long story) and I always went early and where people wouldn't see my jiggling all over the place! Keep it up, before you know it, you'll be talking about moving on to the 10K program!

LaurieDawn - Welcome!

Well today I hit 40 lbs lost today and got to add another to my signature! So I'm happy about that!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 08-19-2014, 04:17 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 278.8/194.3/145

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! I've made some of the not-greatest choices, and my weight is back up to 204 after seeing 203.x and 202.7. I'm starting to think I'm sabotaging myself. I'm not bingeing, just making dumb choices, second helpings, cooking meals with butter, etc. Nothing awful but NOT the way to live every single day, you know? I'm wondering if it has to do with the fact that I've been getting more male attention and, now that I'm separated, might have to/want to/eventually DO something with that? I haven't dated in 8 years, and I'm scared. NOT THAT I AM READY yet, but I wonder if that's what's going on? Whatever it is, it has to stop!

Walrus...YAY!!!!!! Congrats, lady!

Easily, I am right there with you on the recommitting. We've got this!

WVU, congrats on the 40 pounds!!

Laurie, welcome!!! You're doing great.

SeeMyFeet, I have never been good at hula hooping. So major props to you on that AND on the C25K!

TooWicky, congrats on the smaller sizes!

Garnet, I said it on your blog and I'll say it again here--get yourself a new scale!
Old 08-19-2014, 04:37 PM   #20  
Jessica, Becoming Me

S/C/G: 260 / 199 / 150

Height: 5' 6" | MG: 185

LAURIE!!! I knew you'd be able to break through and join me soon enough. So happy to have my life/weight twin back in the same little circle as me. It means I don't have to pop into as many threads to see how you're doing. LOL.

SeeMyFeet - C25K (or any variation thereof) is the devil. I love it, but falls squarely within my "The Devil" category. Along side side planks.

wvuchick - Congrats on hitting 40 lbs lost!

DreamingSmall - You've noticed the bad choices, now you can make the adjustments needed to get yourself back to where you want to be with your habits.

Also, I get that a lot about my scale. It's not actually mine but my brother's fiance's. Otherwise I'd have thrown it out a long time ago. If I do end up moving into the living quarters out where my horse is boarded, then I'll most definitely have to invest in a new scale.

Thanks to everyone for all the sweet comments. The scale bowed to my superior will today and gave me 216.8 lbs. That puts me at 3.2 lbs lost this week and I'm super excited about. Only 1.8 lbs from my next mini goal of 215.0 lbs. I think I can say with confidence that I'll hit that mark by the end of the months. (Jumps around in a happy dance.)
Old 08-20-2014, 12:47 AM   #21  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Whelp, I diddit. Another round of C25K. I got waylayed for about week a bit abo, so I started the program all over again, and I’m plugging along every day this week. I’m guessing I’ll have to lay off next week again, so I’m trying to build up some stamina. I dunno ‘bout a 10K, WVU….I don’t think I’ll ever finish this program!

Still trying with the hula hoop, Easily….I’m still no good at it, but getting better. I need find a larger one. Boy, I would be sooo happy if it really would whittle at my middle…..hmm….thinking of a crafty home project that involves razors…..

Hang in there, Dreaming…..huh…my weight always fluctuates…..and a lot more than what you're seeing!….

Today was a Mother Nature day (%*&$#), so I don’t know what the scale has in store for me tomorrow. I do know that my brain seems a whole lot lighter. Gaw! When I’m really, really working at this weight loss thing, that seems to be all that my tiny dinosaur brain can handle. It’s sooo depressing, because I got lots to do ladees.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:40 AM   #22  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

216.4. Post TOM whoosh has not happened. Which is completely my fault. I've been grazing on everything. With an attitude of defiance. Which is ridiculous, since I'm basically denying my own 'food rules'. It's leftover food issues from childhood I'd thought I'd come to terms with already, apparently they can be recurring. I know I need to get better at daily posting, and I need to do it first thing, it's an accountability that truly does help me stay on track.

First week of school has been hectic. Kids are doing well. In our school district the elementary schools are split based on what they offer. One school specializes in performing and visual arts, one in multicultural studies, one on languages, and my kids go to the one that specializes in society. They apply for jobs where they earn 'money', that can be spent on goods and services in the school. They learn finances and money management, the justice system, etc. it's very interesting and they love it so far, although watching them fill out their 'job applications', kinda made me sad. They can apply for up to 3 jobs, even if they can only take one, so it was a chance to explain to them how job hunting works and why you always want to end professional relationships on a good note and how to build a resume. They're 9 and 10. It was a bit surreal. My school start wasn't nearly as smooth. I'd had a sitter lined up to come to my home two days a week to watch our 2 yr old, called, text and face booked her throughout the weekend just to touch base, no response. Began looking for someone else Monday (my classes started Tuesday), in a state of near panic, a friend of SO's offered to watch him Tuesday to give us more time. He ende up not showing. My SO works a 2nd job Monday and Tuesdays, 11-5, I have an 8, 11 and 3pm class as well as 2 online classes. Thankfully my 11 was cancelled since it's the lab for 8 o'clock class, but SO ended up leaving work early so I could go to my 3 o'clock class. I hate days like that, I hate more he had to leave work to be with our son so I could go to class. We talked about stuff like this coming up throughout semester and how to handle it, but for it to happen the first day is mind boggling. Especially since it's my 2nd bachelors and SO made the statement that he doesn't know what he'll do if I eventually pursue my masters or doctorate. He's supportive to a point, about higher education. He doesn't have a diploma or GED and thinks he's fine. Needing a 2nd job tells me a different story. But I can't say that to him cus it'll hurt his feelings when it's not meant to, it's just a statement of fact.

Hope you ladies are having a less hectic week!

Last edited by Angihas2; 08-20-2014 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Grammatical errors
Old 08-20-2014, 08:57 AM   #23  

Height: 5'5"

Internet's down, so just a quick phone post this morning. 216.8. Finally got my whoosh. Really hope it sticks around, but I feel more like I belong here now. =) Thanks for the welcomes. Can't wait to get to know everyone.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:58 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 246/201.2/150

Height: 5' 3"

Easily - You've come so far already. I'm sure your body just needs a chance to catch up.

Dreaming - I think you have something with the attention causing you to slip. I had been maintaining a 60 lbs weight loss for 2 years when I met my now hubby. He was so good to me and always complimented my looks that I became less diligent about my weight and gained it all back and them some. Just stay on track and don't do what I did!

garnet - Great job on the 3.2 lbs lost this week, that's amazine!

seemyfeet - If you find a way to whittle your middle let me know. I need to whittle my middle AND my backside.

angihas - Give it a few days I'm sure you'll get your whoosh. *Fingers crossed*

Well I'm just plugging along. I just realize last week made 4 months of my 19 hours a day fasting. It's become such a part of my life that I don't really think about it. I wouldn't have realized it if someone hadn't said something to me about it. My weight fluctuated up a lb today, not sure why. My body really doesn't like this heat and humidity. The air is so thick here I think you could cut it with a knife. I for one will be glad for cooler and dryer weather!

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 08-20-2014, 12:03 PM   #25  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Hello threadmates!

wannaskipandlaugh - have you made a decision on the job you were offered? I have always defaulted to whatever job was the least stressful. The jobs I have enjoyed the most were mind-numbingly boring but physical jobs where when I quote unquote punched out, I was done.

SeeMyFeet - are you still caffeine free and how is that going?

garnetrising - gratz on the size 16 jeans and your loss last week!! well done!

LesMillsLuvr - wow, that was a substantial loss, incredible! I think the biggest week loss I ever had was 3 lbs., and that was sometime last year.

wvuchick - I literally can not even imagine fitting into 13 jrs jeans Holy crap! nice!

DreamingSmall - I have really conflicted feelings about increased male attention. I did not anticipate all these warring feelings. Sometimes I like the attention, and sometimes it seems very intrusive and rude, especially when men brazenly check out specific body parts >< I know it's partially reflex, but I wish they would show better manners especially when I'm out with my young daughter because their behavior is not lost on her. The extra niceties such as making small talk and male employees being more helpful in stores is always appreciated, however. Age will soon cloak me as morbid obesity once did, though!

Angihas2 - my mind really craves education, I'm envious! My husband and I also have a huge disparity in education achieved, but he supports us all with his rock steady blue collar job. We live in a small town in the midwest - it's not very expensive to live here. Our oldest is in middle school. There is not enough time to divert funds to furthering our own education if we chose to, and then be able to reap the benefits of a new career, before we would need to start paying for and helping to pay for our children's college. I can live vicariously through your posts, though so keep us posted on how school is going! Sorry for the childcare stress!

LaurieDawn

I went up a pound to 199.2 from my post oral surgery low of 198.0. I did not realize how much of my previous diet food was uber crunchy stuff. I can eat pretty much anything now except for really crunchy stuff -.- Tomorrow I am officially restarting calorie counting and ditching some of my high calorie soft food like pastas, mashed potatoes, ice cream. Oh, and the cake icing straight from the jar. I'm gonna miss that. I had some free time yesterday so I tried on some dresses. I found a size 16 stretchy black sheath dress that has an hourglass shaped chevron pattern on the front of it. It's kind of tight all over, but it doesn't look bad. With a shrug it looks even better. I might buy it tonight! I have not bought a dress in years and years.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:30 PM   #26  
AAD
Aida ~ Slow but steady ~

S/C/G: 229/229/159

7/22 = 210.1
7/29 = 209.8 !!! !!!
August 5 = 209.4
Aug 12 = 208.9
8/15 = 208.8
8/20 = 208.5
Old 08-20-2014, 04:50 PM   #27  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Oh my gosh.... LOOK at all the postings here! SUCH (mostly) GOOD News for you all! I have missed posting here as I have just done the weight posting and ran.

I have been helping a friend pack to move (this weekend) and took a day off to travel to Disney (Epcot) we had a blast! and taking care of my parents house/cat and ............ after my 2nd interview I GOT THE Job! Hooray! Alittle less money than the last one (Lord my salary is less than 1/2 of what I was making 3 years ago sigh) but I will get a bump in 90 days.. No insurance.. but with losing weight.. I am healthier than before (went to the doctor last year and only had watchable blood pressure and it really should be lower now as I have lost almost 60lbs since August last year) .... so... een tho I am an old lady. eh.. will get insurance when I can afford it! OOOO I am also down to 210.8 today! HOORAY! Lost all my water weight gain from the pity party job loss sadness days! And TooWicky.. it is the more stressful tho busier job.. eh... the other job is available if this does not work..

BUT... you all!

WELCOME LAURIE! WOOHOO! Glad to have you here.. I saw you holding onto the 219's for a day or two and NOW you are in the 216's! TOO COOL!! Hard work does pay off!

TooWicky... oh I am glad that the surgery is over and you can almost get back to the "crunchy" foods.. stay away from ICE CHIPS!.. But look at you.. you still held strong into Onderland! YAY!!!!

AIDA..

JESSICA - You do have a WACKO scale.. But.. it always averages out LOWER! and that is the best! but. I think its time to get a newer scale.. Is there one at a local grocery store you can try out.. or a friends house?

SEEMYFEET... HULA HOOPING! I think that that is neat! I saw an old poster who used to do Hula Hooping in a contest format... Its a good dance workout truly!.. and low carb... yep... its a kicker when you start the process.. drink ALOT of water and try alittle squeezed lemon - for some reason it helps with the sugar craving. You will knock those carbs (along with coffee and those Liquid Donuts) out of the park!

WVUCHICK... Oh I love your NSV.. 14s!!!!! and 40 lbs off! AWESOME! Doesn't it make you feel younger too again!? Amazing what a number can do.. and look at you .. you are still ahead of me. Chugga Chugga Chugga (as a fellow poster in Atkins posted today) I need to hang onto the loss train and try and keep up!

Angihas2.. WOW.. you are busy! I wish I lived near you as these last 2 weeks I could help drive. I hope everything works out!

Dreaming..... Don't let situations distract you! You can get to onderland... Male attention (of course) happens all the time.. you know that. Its just that now you are putting out the "available" somewhat vibes/looks - even subconsciencely... Just enjoy the looks and strut your awesome stuff. You are amazing and it is showing to the world! Looks don't hurt.. just words and touch! Smile and try not to be afraid!

Oh HUGS to you all.. I wish I could share more joy with you all as I am so much happier (and feel safer) having a job to start! I won't be homeless - YET LOL

LOVELY evening to you all!

Easily... OH I am so glad you made it home.. I hope you have rested enough (yes - traveling stress and LACK of sleep causes weight gain) and it looks like you really did not gain that much.. A WHOOSH is due you!

LesMillsLvr.. Congrats on the wonderful loss! HOORAY

G
Old 08-20-2014, 06:19 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Hello TO ALL YOU CHICKS OUT THERE. It has been almost 2 weeks since I have posted. Early last week after a mountain bluegrass family reunion, I started to feel sick. I ended up in the ER on Thursday and had emergency surgery to remove my gallbladder which had 2 golf ball size stones. The pain was unbearable. Finally home from hospital and getting better. Lost some weight from not eating for a whole week.

I have a lot of posts to catch up on, plus to some new posters! Good to be back and on the way to recovery. Doc said 6 weeks before I can train again. Already going thru that withdrawal.... Hope you all have a great rest of the week
Old 08-20-2014, 08:46 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/154

Yikes, sorry to hear about your gallbladder Doris, but glad it's been handled so you can get to feeling better.

And thanks all for the kind comments everyone

Well, usually I train on Mondays but this week my gal was training a new employee in on the desk so even though she weighed me, I'll get an extra weigh-in tomorrow morning after our rescheduled session. I hate double weigh weeks because I tend to fluctuate up and down a little throughout the week, but I couldn't wait the 3 extra days to see what happened from last week so I guess there's no getting around it. I just have to hope whatever I get tomorrow can hang on until Monday so I don't have an up-tick over the weekend. Haha I'll be the sodium police to make sure I don't retain water LOL

Wannaskip, congrats on the job!

TooWicky, get that dress and enjoy it I bet it looks fabulous!

wvuchick, I'll send you some cool vibes from Upper Michigan. We haven't even reached the 70's all week and it's freaking August :P

AAD, wtg on your steady downward trend!

Angihas, here's to hoping your chaos slows down soon

Hi LaurieDawn

SeeMyFeet, I say @#$! Mother Nature...hang in there!

garnet, you'll get that 215 in no time!

Dreaming, no fretting over the possible sabotage...awareness will get you back on track and into Onederland

Easily, if only it was as easy to lose our back sides as it is to lose a post haha

Have a good Thursday everyone

Last edited by LesMillsLuvr; 08-20-2014 at 08:50 PM.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:38 AM   #30  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

No weigh this morning, but looser clothes and a healthy breakfast, with apples and nuts in book bag to keep me out of the food court. We found a center for our two yr old, we're calling it 'school', so he'll go. He was very excited to have to get up, get dressed, get his backpack and go. Until we got there, then, not so much. We spent about 20 mins with him, playing in various centers and with classmates so he'd be ok. He was still screaming when we left, I know he'll be fine, but my mamas heart wants to stay with him.

Have a good Thursday ladies!
Closed Thread