Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 10:12 AM   #106  

Height: 5'5"

207.8. Thought when I got past 210 without stickiness, I had broken my "every ten pound" scale stickiness issue. 207 was just laying in wait for me. =)

Welcome 19Deltawifey! You are sssoooclose! Can't wait to see you finally break through to Onederland.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 09-05-2014, 03:49 PM   #107  
Jessica, Becoming Me

S/C/G: 260 / 199 / 150

Height: 5' 6" | MG: 185

19Deltawifey, welcome to the thread. You're so close I can't imagine you'll be here for very long.

Laurie, aw snap, I might just be able to get a leg up on you while your body builds up for another big whoosh. It's funny to watch how closely our journeys are and yet see how very different the weight loss pattern is for each of us. You'll unstick here soon. With a vengeance I'd imagine.

Scale gave me 207.0 lbs this morning. The funny part is I'm so not used to traditional scales yet. You know how it's got the dashes every 10 lbs and the dots every five in between? Yeah, well, I saw 207 and about broke something before I realized it was two pounds above the 205-lb dot, not two pounds above the 210-lb dash.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:39 AM   #108  

206.4 this morning. Down 1.4 from yesterday, after four days at 207.x. Weird how that stupid scale works. Closing in on my lowest weight since 2008! After that, ONEDERLAND!

Jessica - I love our neck-and-neck results. It's so weird that we are so in sync, even if the specific patterns are so different.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Old 09-06-2014, 04:42 PM   #109  
Jessica, Becoming Me

Lol. It really is, Laurie! I can't say that I'm down at all today... the no tenths thing. But while I didn't see 206, I also didn't see higher than 207. So, holding steady there and I'm good with that.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:00 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Happy Sunday all!

Congrats Dreamingsmall and LesMillsLuvr!!

I know what you're saying, LesMills. Thiinking about goal can be a real mind%(&*. Don't worry, you've proven to yourself that you can be successful and there's no reason why that won't continue.

In the past, I have failed when reaching anywhere from 10-30 lbs from goal. Failing being gaining all the weight back +10. This time I've told myself that if I can't move the ball forward any further, it's OK to move the goalposts. It's just not OK to run backwards to the other team's goal.

Today brings me into the 2 oh's after a week of hanging on to 2 lbs. of water weight. ( ovulating ). Going to enjoy the resulting whoosh until the TOM stall.

Have a good week ladies!!
Old 09-08-2014, 09:48 AM   #111  

Good morning all!

Decided to binge for a day and a half, and go up by 6 pounds. So, at 212.6 this morning. Time to get back on track.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:33 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 246/201.2/150

Height: 5' 3"

Ladies - Hello! I'm back. My family reunion was Saturday. I think it was a great success. We had 18 more people than last year and 4 that got sick and couldn't be there and another 10 who weren't there because there was a new baby born during ther reunion (so I guess that's 11 more ). So I'm pretty happy with that!

My goal was Onederland by the reunion. Well I didn't make it, but I'm awfully darn close. Yesterday I was 202.8 so I am almost there!

I'm sorry I've been mia but life should get back to normal for me and I'll get to check in more often. Now I'm ready to set a goal of 175 by Christmas. It's a pretty lofty goal I think just under 2 lbs a week, but it's something to shoot for! Anyone else have a Christmas goal?

Have a great Monday!
Old 09-08-2014, 03:13 PM   #113  
Jessica, Becoming Me

Streudel, congrats on hitting the 2-ohs.

Laurie, ouch. And I was feeling irked that the onset of tom caused me to go back up a pound to 207 this morning. It's okay, though, you have the ability to nip it in the bud and get back on track.

wvuchick, I'm so happy for you, being so close to Onederland. Look at you go! I originally had a goal of Onederland by Christmas. At the rate I'm going, though, I should be able to hit Onederland by Halloween! It means I'm going to have to re-evaluate where I want to be by the end of the year which is both exciting and scary!

Sodium + tom = Water weight gain. Back up from 206 to 207 this morning. It's still 4 lbs down since last Monday. So it's all good.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:53 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvuchick View Post
Now I'm ready to set a goal of 175 by Christmas. It's a pretty lofty goal I think just under 2 lbs a week, but it's something to shoot for! Anyone else have a Christmas goal?
Welcome back, wvu! Wow, you're right on top of Onederland!

I think having an ambitious goal through the holidays is a great idea. I think I'll shoot for 185. 210 today. Yummy salty stuff for dinner last night.

Hang in there Laurie Dawn! It's just a blip. You've got this thing.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:08 PM   #115  

Thanks Streudel and Jessica. Nothing to do but to either go up or go down, yes? (I have never been able to stay the same unless I am trying to lose.) So, onward.

Up another 0.8 pounds this morning. 213.4. From a low of 206 when I weighed Saturday morning.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:28 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 246/201.2/150

Height: 5' 3"

Jessica - My orginal goal was Onederland by Christmas too. You're doing great!

Streudel - You can totally get to 185 by Christmas!!

Laurie - The weight will come back off before you know it. Keep the faith!!
Old 09-09-2014, 05:01 PM   #117  
Jessica, Becoming Me

207. Also, deep long sighs about life issues.

Last edited by garnetrising; 09-09-2014 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:26 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

Hi everybody! After a long, wonderful summer I'm back to calorie counting and taking a run at Onderland.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:39 AM   #119  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Jessica.. I send you a BIG about that sigh... I hope all is well... remember.. time passes and things straighten out..

Welcome back Wahine! Onderland will NOT stand against you!

I am more settled now since all H*ll broke loose in my life. Parents are home... I can finally walk again at night with my friend (amazing what exercise does for your brain and thoughts!) and after 2 weeks of crying and breaking out in hives at the new job.. yesterday was Great! (the girl who was training me was gone for the day and I relaxed and it went GREAT and I helped others and the boss and she hugged me!) I feel sooooo much better... I see a future of happiness instead of crying. Hooray!

NOW for the weight I gained GRRRRR (my coping mechanism.. that I am still working on since I can't spend money to satisfy that need) ... so starting AGAIN to getting to Onderland!... 215.6 today... so have gained 6 + lbs since Labor Day. Time to REMOVE them from my life! and More too!

I wish you all a really good day and may you all laugh at least 5 times today!
Old 09-10-2014, 09:37 AM   #120  

Sue - I am so excited about your work triumphs. Trainers are great, but sometimes trying to do something exactly like someone else is more exhausting than helpful. And it looks like you and I are on the exact same page with weight. I am 215.0 this morning, up from 207.6 on Saturday morning. And you're right. Nothing to do but buckle down.

Jessica - I meant to comment to you on the other thread, but I'll just do it here. I'm sure you've already considered it, but can you get a deferral on your student loan payments? Maybe that would help make ends meet? Not having a food budget is the absolute worst.

I thought I would breeze through this thread. Or at least hoped I would. Instead, I am hoping that my impossible rapid regain stops while I am still eligible for this thread. <sigh> But I am here. And I am still working. And sometimes, that's the best I got.
Closed Thread