Old 07-30-2014, 01:49 AM   #256  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

The big, scary vote is this Sunday.

I'm a huge ball of nerves and stress and can't sleep. (It's almost 2am)

Ugh. I spent the last hour stressing over what I should wear on Sunday that would inspire confidence and project good things about myself and my husband.

Earlier today I had convinced myself that it wasn't going to go through and we were going to have to move back home and almost had a panic attack.

My husband's all like "just relax, it'll be fine" and I'm like WE MIGHT HAVE TO MOVE IN WITH YOUR MOM.... Ugh.

I'm a basket case right now.
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:18 PM   #257  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all! It sure does seem like a lot of our group is struggling right now. I guess that just shows that this effort of re-losing is not easy. There are the good days, but there are also some not so good days. And sometimes those days stretch into weeks. There are other issues that come into play, not just strictly calories in/calories out, exercise, and scale fluctuations. Real life doesn't allow us to solely concentrate on weight loss efforts. It can be so hard! I don't have a lot of answers to the big time issues, but what I do know is that we can't just give up. There might be times when it gets hard, but that's when we all have to just take it one day at a time. To just survive and make it through that one day, and then I also know that the fog clears and the good times can come through again. Suddenly, it starts to make sense again, and more progress is made. So stay strong, fellow regain/re-losers! We can all do this together!!!!!

Mandy: I can't imagine how the anticipation of this vote isn't just horribly stressful. I feel for you! Don't forget though: Worry about nothing, pray about everything!

Garnet: Great numbers!!!! That is such an accomplishment! You should feel so proud of that!

LotusMama: It sounds like you're making it through this tough little stretch. Hang in there! You can do it!

Uber: NICE!!!! You did it! You broke through that 260 roadblock! So proud of you!

LaurieDawn: Aww. I hope you are feeling better now. I do like your declaration! That's a very positive step and a great way to be. I know that it is so easy to put everyone and everything else in front of what you need. But, it catches up to you after a while. You need to take care of you!!

As for me.... well, I changed the battery on my scale. But, I'm not sure if that was the issue. I'll give it some time to see if it responds. It seems to get stuck on a number and then doesn't change until you get off and on a few times. It might be wearing out.

I also have a new goal. It will be awhile, but I really want to run at least a 5K. I am doing absolutely no running right now, just spin class and body pump. But, I want to work up to doing some running. My goal is to run whatever 5K race by next summer. I have a friend at work who wants to do the same thing, so we're going to work toward that.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:36 PM   #258  

Hi All
Wow...ok it's Wednesday. Where have I been! I have to back track and catch up on things before I can respond to everyone so for now I'm just doing a quick check in. Generally I'm off the chart for the weekends trying to spend my time out in the world and not tied to technology then I'm back for Monday but this week had a bit of a dramatic start. The weekend was so so....I overdid it on carbs but at least was very active. .. I'm being mindful as I get ready to go into next weekend. I spent most of Sunday baking and cooking...seeing as how my affordable grocery store is still on strike I figure now is as good a time as ever to prep as much from scratch as I can. In the long term it's just another part of my overall shift in how we eat but for now it was a rush to avoid the much higher prices at the other stores. Monday got off to a rough start...we got woken up in the middle of the night by shattering glass...freaked out someone was breaking in....when in fact it was the glassware shelf giving way and sending wine, water, coffee and cocktail service for 8 smashing to the floor so we were up cleaning glass at 3am. I should have just gotten up for the day but I went back to bed then overslept. The weather was horrible here....we had bad storms and floods and even a tornado (not normal for coastal new england) so after not sleeping and bad weather and not going to the gym I didn't make good food choices and was feeling very guilty about a ho hum weekend and bad start to the week yesterday. Even so I met with my trainer yesterday morning,and made it to the gym today and have gotten my brain back in the game.

So anyway that's all for now. Just getting back in the saddle from a not so great few days! Hope everyone is having a great week!
SunnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:49 PM   #259  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Diane--thanks for the reassuring message. You are right; the critical thing is to keep going.

Mandy--sorry that everything is so up in the air right now. I can imagine that it is incredbly stressful. I will be sending good thoughts your way and hope that good news comes your way on Sunday.

Until then, I hope everyone is having a good day.

Last edited by LotusMama; 07-30-2014 at 12:49 PM.
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:54 PM   #260  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Sunny--just saw your post. Wow--sounds like things have been a bit chaotic in your world. I can't imagine how startling it would be to be awoken by glass breaking in the house!

The weather where I am is pretty miserable as well. Constant rain since yesterday afternoon with flash flood warnings. I am hoping it will clear up tonight so I can go for a walk.
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:15 PM   #261  

S/C/G: 242/185/155

Height: 5'8

So, you gained so far a total of 75 pounds? Was it a rapid weight gain? Was it more emotional of a weight gain or physical,ie , like having a baby? When I gained that amount of weight, that was when I first saw a dietician and had to receive medical diet assistance for slim fast didn't work, as my metabiolism @ the time was way too slow from sleep being off, and other factors which slowed down the cal burning engine in my body.
1Bluerose68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:21 PM   #262  

S/C/G: 242/185/155

Height: 5'8

Oh, wow. that sounds very anxiety provoking. I hate the sound of glass breaking. The fact that you didn't know what it was even to me would have been the scariest part. I suppose the worst part is having to clean up broken glass. That's both scary and dangerous. Just be glad that your not one of the victims from these areas where they wake up to that sound , only to find weapon casings on the floor, in addition to all the broken glass.
1Bluerose68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:23 PM   #263  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Diane I LOVE what you said, and I am going to remember to look back at it when the going gets rough. It's so true that a million things happen in life, and it's hard to remember to focus on weight loss, but as long as we stick with it, good things happen eventually. A note about the scale. I am also having very minor scale issues--most of which I wouldn't even be aware of if I didn't step on the durn thing so often. Plus, there are actually 3 scales in my house and lately I've been cycling through ALL of them. Last time around, I solved this problem by buying a very expensive Tanita body fat scale. What I liked about it was that I could step on it 100 x and it would weigh me the same every single time. Pretty soon, that got me sick of stepping on it. The other thing I liked about the Tanita was that I could actually tell if I had gained water weight which was very reassuring. Unfortunately, when I moved, temporarily at the beginning of this year, I left my Tanita behind and I've been using a little travel scale. Anyway, just something to think about. I balked initially at the price, which was over 100 dollars, but in the end, I totally thought it was worth it. I wish I had it now.

Mandy I want you to know that I have a really good feeling about this! But I think these limbo situations where you are hoping something good will happen but unsure are the hardest. We are all thinking of you from now until Sunday!

Sunny Waking to the sound of breaking glass? Scary! Spending the day baking? Scarier! Hang in there. Hope it goes well.

Lotus Hope the sun comes out and you enjoy your walk!

My son had a late basketball game yesterday and so I took "the boys" (my DH, son, and dad) out for burgers and fries afterward. Decided to take a pass then came home and had a piece of toast with sliced tomato from my garden. Ended up with a super-low calorie count yesterday and woke up SO HUNGRY this morning. I'm actually feeling a little smaller... finally... must be the psychological effect of finally being in the 250s!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:54 PM   #264  

S/C/G: 318/218/160

Height: 5'6"

Default I guess I fit (at least I fit into something!) :D

Hi,

I've been off these boards for a while. Tons of "stuff" going on.
I stated at 317 in August 2012...lost down to someplace in the 220's and the past few months I've just not cared.

Well, I care again! And i've been back on track for a few weeks. I just could not bring myself to step on the scale until today. I was 249.something (at least under 250!)

So we begin again! I have a great mindset right now, and I know how to do this.

Can I join your group?
Change4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:09 PM   #265  
~*Mandy*~

Hi Donna! (going by your sig...)

I love this group. Lots of support, and for more than just struggles with a regain. We're pretty active here, so you should try to check in regularly so you don't get lost!

We all know where you're coming from. Welcome.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:21 PM   #266  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Hello all! I hope I can post here as well. I'm a regainer who's relosing, lol.

I was here in 2011/2012 and lost 116 lbs with the help of 3FC, but then I had a miscarriage and then got pregnant, and had my baby boy in April... He's 13weeks now, and I'm back on track. I calorie count, I'm a daily weigher and I practice IF (intermittent fasting).

I'm 32, married with one baby boy. 3 cats, DH has a dog. I'm from NE Ohio and I'm Katie. Hello!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:22 PM   #267  
~*Mandy*~

Oh... also. Forgot to weigh before chugging a liter of water yesterday.

298.0 today.

Happy to see that all of my stress doesn't mean huge regain.

If this vote goes through on Sunday, I SWEAR I'll be back to my normal self on Monday.

Thanks y'all for being so understanding.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:25 PM   #268  
~*Mandy*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateleestar View Post
Hello all! I hope I can post here as well. I'm a regainer who's relosing, lol.

I was here in 2011/2012 and lost 116 lbs with the help of 3FC, but then I had a miscarriage and then got pregnant, and had my baby boy in April... He's 13weeks now, and I'm back on track. I calorie count, I'm a daily weigher and I practice IF (intermittent fasting).

I'm 32, married with one baby boy. 3 cats, DH has a dog. I'm from NE Ohio and I'm Katie. Hello!
I can relate to lots of what you just said (no babies here yet, we take the goalies out of play once I hit 250)

I was also here in 2011/2012... I only lost about 55 pounds though (then regained it plus 30)... I also weigh daily (most of the time, though I've tried to break that habit), and I also do IF (I eat my calories between 3pm and 10pm mostly. If my workout goes later, I'll have a snack after 10).

I'm 30, no baby, 2 cats, and will be moving (God willing) to south eastern Indiana at the end of August.

Welcome to our group.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:28 PM   #269  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeraFilia View Post
I can relate to lots of what you just said (no babies here yet, we take the goalies out of play once I hit 250)

I was also here in 2011/2012... I only lost about 55 pounds though (then regained it plus 30)... I also weigh daily (most of the time, though I've tried to break that habit), and I also do IF (I eat my calories between 3pm and 10pm mostly. If my workout goes later, I'll have a snack after 10).

I'm 30, no baby, 2 cats, and will be moving (God willing) to south eastern Indiana at the end of August.

Welcome to our group.
Thanks Mandy!

I gained something like 75lbs with my baby G.. partially my fault (BECAUSE YUM DELICIOUS!), partially because I wasn't allowed to over do it.

I like weighing daily, now that I'm back at it.. it helped me realize what my body does with sodium and carbs, lol.. and it helped me predict when TOM was coming, or when I was ovulating, I would always bounce up and down...
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:25 PM   #270  
Jessica, Becoming Me

S/C/G: 260 / 199 / 150

Height: 5' 6" | MG: 185

Mandy: Trust that what is meant to be will be. I don't expect the congregation to not see in your family what the council already knows.

Diane: I have days where my scale just wants to act crazy, too. Today is one of them. It went from 221.6 lbs to 225.0 lbs to 222.2 lbs to several other numbers to me stepping off, pushing it back into the corner and walking away. I'm not angry at it. I know it just means I'd have to take it into the garage, probably, to get a solid read, but it's just silly. I highly encourage your 5k goal! I have one of those myself. It's going to take me a while, too, but one day we'll both get there and it'll be awesome!

Sunny: Your weekend sounds like it was kind of hectic. And waking up to shattering glass would have freaked anyone out. I know it's easier to beat yourself up over some less than ideal food choices, but remind yourself that one bad choice doesn't destroy all your progress - it'll make it easier to stay on track that way.

Lotus: One of the benefits of my walks being walks with Luna. It's much easier when it does rain to force myself to get out and walk anyway when I know that Luna loves them. It doesn't hurt that the trail has a lot of trees that overhang and help minimize just how wet I get, either.

Uber: Toast and tomato sounds delicious. Then again, I love love love tomato. I'm so happy that being in the 250's is starting to settle in enough that you're feeling thinner. I had a moment like that yesterday. I looked in the mirror and felt like I really could see how much my face had thinned out over the last few months.

Donna? / Change4Life: Welcome to your little corner of paradise. Our group has being growing so much over the last few weeks. I love it! I think you'll love it here, too.

Katie: Welcome to the group, you'll find that you're in good company. I'm sorry for your miscarriage and congratulations on your baby boy.

Yesterday went well. I managed to do two sets of ten second standard side planks. I also did three sets of 70 crunches. My abs burned when it was all said and done, but it was so worth it. I've been thinking and I'm going to start saving up to get some free weights so I can start really working my arms. At some point, I'm also going to have to start looking into exercises that can help me slim and tone up my calves.

Last edited by garnetrising; 07-30-2014 at 03:31 PM.
garnetrising is offline   Reply With Quote