3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   02 Regainers regaining control, and relosing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/297393-02-regainers-regaining-control-relosing.html)

ubergirl 07-15-2014 05:19 PM

Mandy: Hope things are going great in Indiana. We are all rooting for you! And lucky ducks who get to eat those truffles-- you are a champ for not eating them all yourself (in one sitting..:p)

Diane: My worst is always the over the head, shoulders weights, and next, definitely biceps, but then you get those awesome toned arms! Regarding calorie obsession... I maintained around 190 for a year after I lost all the weight. That was a size twelve for me and I was pretty happy with it. During that time, I followed my basic eating rules but allowed myself indulgences-- a cocktail when out to dinner, desserts on holidays, that type of thing. It wasn't that bad. I didn't gain back the weight because of creep... I gained it back REALLY FAST when I was under way too much pressure of various kinds and I just sort of snapped and went back to hard core binge eating... like an entire quarter sheet cake-- that type of thing. I wish now that I had gone to therapy right then-- live and learn.

Guacamole: Welcome! Why is it that restarting seems so hard? I don't know, because when you're in the groove it's a lot easier. We all get where you're coming from! Happy you're here.

Martini: Wise words about not listening to negativity. I'm much better about that now that I'm older-- really, when you're in your 50s, people's expectations are a lot lower, so it gets easier!

Laurie Dawn: Hooray for the WHOOSH! You have absolutely earned it! And I have no doubt you'll earn the trainer challenge too. Honestly, you have made me want to slap him!:D

Jessica: There is no stress worse than making ends meet stress (well, except for crazy husband stress-- that's worse.) Good luck on finding the job, and good for you for working on food while juggling other stresses-- just getting some of the weight off will make you feel so good about yourself that everything else will seem easier.

Lishar: DON'T BUY NEW CLOTHES! You're here and you will be right back down before you know it.

So, disappointing scale day. I'm up 1.5 for no apparent reason-- no high sodium to blame. Nothing. Just a random bounce. Unfortunately, I'm also pretty stressed today. I've got several stressful things going on the home front and also several stressful things going on the work front.... so, the gain, and the stress made me think a few of those "who cares, it's all hopeless, I'll always be fat..." kinds of thoughts.

Luckily, I felt as if I could hear you guys in the background shouting SHUT UP UBER!:carrot::carrot: So I'm still on track.

martini 07-15-2014 10:49 PM

LaurieDawn - Argh! It's so hard!! Part of me is woo hoo-ing the huge drop. The other part of me knows exactly what you're saying about keeping it in perspective and that there's no way you can sustain a 6lb/week loss. I'll just celebrate with you and agree that the mental part is the most difficult thing about this process.

Diane - It sounds like you've got a really great support system in your family.

Lishar - Don't buy bigger clothes!!

Uber - SHUT UP UBER!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: It's just a random bounce!! There's nothing there to justify hopelessness!!

garnetrising 07-16-2014 02:24 AM

Hey Ladies! I'm at work on a tablet so its a little hard to do a big update but I wanted to say welcome to our newcomers. When I get home, I'll pop back on and do a real update. :)

Home again! Here's all the good things that happened today.

First, I stepped on the scale four or five times. I saw 228.8 x2, 228.6 x2, and 228.2. In a weird way, I was almost a little frustrated that it wasn't a higher number. I feel like I don't trust the scale but the scale doesn't lie! That means that in the last two weeks, I've lost 5 lbs and 6.5 inches!

Some other good news! I can now fit into regular size 18 instead of women's 18! Also, dropped off the return of service at them court house. And hit -5 to my BMI and my 90 sec plank goal.

Mandy: Look forward to hearing all about how the truffles go over at the potluck. They sound yummy! You'll hit 299 soon, too. 230 was taunting me for a while.

guacamole: Welcome to our corner! I am so sorry to hear about your leg. And I know what it feels like to have to rebuild your motivation. Thankfully, the first step is usually the hardest.

Laurie: I can relate to that, too! While I didn't lose as much, I did break the 230 threshold and I was terribly reluctant to actually believe it. But we both need to allow ourselves to enjoy and relish on our success without feeling the need to qualify it. :)

Diane: It's great that he is able to support you by challenging you to challenge yourself. It shows how much he believes in your success and that he knows sometimes you just need that kick in the butt to do what you already know needs to be done.

Lishar: Welcome aboard. Don't beat yourself up over a backslide, apat yourself on the back for catching it and deciding to fix it.

Uber: Oh if you could only hear how Shut up, Uber! Sounds in my head... Lol! Don't let yourself be overwhelmed by the rise on the scale. It can be frustrating, but we all know that not happens.

LaurieDawn 07-16-2014 09:27 AM

Lishar - So good to see you here! It's nice when old friends join and we achieve success together again.

Uber - Scale bounces are the worst! But they are completely part of the journey. I remember when I got my first really high scale bounce (I think I gained almost five pounds after indulging in some high-sodium (but low-cal) food.) I came to this forum desperately trying to figure it out, and was collectively told that I needed to chill. Isn't it nice that we already know that we need to chill when these random events happen? At 33 pounds down (this time), you know you can do this. I'm just grateful you're doing it with me, cuz it's fun to have you around.

Martini - Thanks for both the woo-hoo and the empathy with the mental issues on the scale. I appreciate being both heard and understood.

Garnet - Both scale and clothing victories! And inches lost to boot! Woot! These are the times that sustain us when it gets more challenging, yet as you can see from my post, sometimes they're really hard to trust.

Down again on the scale this morning by .4. I actually was just really hoping to hold onto my whoosh, so I am really excited to get another good result. The desire to show trainer boy is delightfully motivational at keeping me on track, and the knowledge that I am going to be weighing in the morning is helping me too, though I am seeing some of the old scale-related weirdness coming into play -- like evaluating the potential weight loss from a BM.

I have fed hubby dinner the last two days, and that seems to be working out all right. Not sure he loves my food, but he's eating it without too much complaint. Ironically, though, there seems to be some unresolved issue between us that is making our relationship a little chillier than I would like, and I am fighting my desire to blame it on the weight loss. Not the weight loss itself, of course, as that is not really noticeable yet, and I'm well within my weight range of when we have been together, but the food oddities and the time expended working out. But even these are not new. So, I am working hard on being patient with him while he figures this out (he won't talk to me about it), and taking care of myself while he does.

Slashnl 07-16-2014 12:02 PM

Hi all! Lots of good things happening on this thread. Love it! Went to Spin this morning. This was the regular class today and then Friday is the MOI class with the heart rate monitor. Well, we'll see how it goes. I was kind of sore this morning from yesterday, so I was glad that this other guy that goes to all the same classes that I do said that he was sore, too. At least it isn't just me. He also said that he and his wife were talking about me and they both noticed that I've been losing weight. He said that he figured he would tell me that they noticed rather than just talking to his wife about it. Ha! That was nice.

But, everything is not always roses. I have to admit that while I have been staying on track fairly well with my food plan, I am having so many thoughts of eating more than I should. For some reason, sweets are just calling my name right now. Not that I want to go back to the old days of not caring what I eat, I was thinking last night about how it used to be that if I wanted to have a candy bar/cookie/ice cream/cake, I would just have it. No thought of how many calories I had for the day. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be like that, but on the other hand, I do get tired of constantly thinking about it. I do let myself have treats occasionally, but not without planning for it, or thinking about it first, or checking the calories before going ahead with it. So tiring.

Uber: Ok, I'll help.... Shut up Uber!!! :) It is just a little bump and it can't derail your progress! That said, I can so relate to your disappointment. I hate it when there is even just a small gain. It can just send me spiraling into negativity and frustration. HANG IN THERE! You can do it! This will not stop you! Oh and I loved your comment to Martini about once you are 50, people's expectations are lower. I so agree!! :)

LaurieDawn: It is so hard to work on losing weight without it occupying a large portion of your time. And I think it does make it hard on family members. While they want to be supportive, I know they must get tired of the constant talk of working out/food issues/calorie count. I don't know what the answer is, but I do think it is an issue.

Garnet: Good job on meeting those goals! I had done a plank challenge and I know that 90 seconds is a long time to be in a plank!!! I had to laugh because the longer I held the plank, the more I could feel/hear my back popping, my hips popping, and other 50 year old issues. :)

Lishar: Welcome! You seem to have a good plan going and I'm with everyone else... don't buy new clothes. You can do it!!

Martini: Yep, the mental part of this process is so tiring....

Slashnl 07-16-2014 12:03 PM

Gosh, I am so wordy anymore.

ubergirl 07-16-2014 12:35 PM

Good morning everyone!

Martini: Thanks for the SHUT UP! I need them from time to time!

Garnet: Breaking 230! That's fantastic! And a regular 18! That's fantastic too! You are doing great, in spite of scale freak outs!

Laurie: Scale-related weirdness? Guessing BM weight? Sounds WAY too familiar! I find that I do best when I give in to the scale and just jump on it all the time-- even though I have scale weirdness, at least I always know where I stand. Sorry about the relationship issues-- weight loss, or even making the decision to live healthy does seem to ripple through the family in unexpected ways. My family pretty much eats what I eat, and they don't seem to mind...
generally when I'm trying to lose weight I think I get more creative with cooking

Diane: Your presence on this thread is very comforting-- I think of you as a releasing big sister. Each time, my mind starts down a toxic path, I think of you saying NEVER GIVE UP and it really helps me a lot!

As for me, more SHUT UP UBER needed. The scale bounced up another .4 so I'm sitting at 264.4 instead of 262.8 of two days ago. So, this is where my GOOD FOOD BAD FOOD mindset starts to kick in. I am trying really hard to loosen up a tiny bit, and to eat a wider variety of foods, but whenever I do, I start panicking and thinking it's not going to work... so now I'm convinced that the scale bump is due to eating pasta even though I counted every single calorie in it, even giving myself ALL of the olive oil calories for the recipe even though I only ate part of the recipe. I'm going to go back to how I was eating before (generally, less carbs) for a few days and see if it makes any difference.

Also, I am definitely more stressed right now. I'm about to send the first part of a manuscript to my editor-- and the stakes are pretty high, because last time, he thought it needed a lot of work. And my lovely crazy dad is rejecting the home health care worker that I hired to take care of him. Yesterday, I was feeling that urge to put a little something in my mouth...

I'm reminding myself that I'm at the bottom of my yo-yo zone, and that historically, I've tended to stall out a bit at previous set points. Low 260s has been my default weight for the last 2 years... it's where I plateaued after my regain, and it's also where I seem to stall out on the way down. NOT THIS TIME!!!!!!

Thanks for listening guys!

garnetrising 07-16-2014 03:50 PM

So. I'm going to go on a little rant now. I have friend, well, a co-worker - I don't think I'd really classify her as a friend - who posted something on facebook that kinda of got under my skin. For the most part, she was belittling the idea of health supplements, implying that they're all for weight loss and full of crap and that the only people who take them are lazy. I'll be honest and up front right now, I take supplements. The supplements are all natural, they're not full of the crap she's constantly screaming that they are. I am very careful about what I put in my body. More importantly, I don't take the supplements I take because I'm lazy and I don't take them for weight loss. I take them because they help with my anxiety, depression, hypothyroidism, insomnia and fatigue. I walk roughly two miles a day, I've started swimming again, and I'm doing my own July Fitness challenge with pushups, crunches, and planks. I watch what I eat and I record my calorie consumption honestly.

I think the thing that angers me the most about her post - and post like it - is that the person who posted them weighs maybe 135-140 lbs. She's always been thin. If it wasn't for how much she drinks, she probably wouldn't even have the muffin top she does. I am far more particular about the stuff I put into my body (not that I'm calling you out for your late night Taco Bell runs and multiple Pepsi's you drink within 4 hours at work) and I work harder than you do when I work out. You took your dogs for a walk and came to work crying about how much your feet hurt after a mile. You don't want to climb the ladders to up stock product because "it takes too long" and "it's hot up there" while I embrace the physical excursion.

Where do these types of people get off preaching about what is or is not required? Why, when they've never had to struggle with their weight or losing it, do they believe that they know all the answers? Or that they have a right to belittle those people who do need help? Not everyone's body is the same. Believe it or not, there are people who need some help. As I said, I don't take my supplements to lose weight, but to combat my other problems but the implication that I am lazy because I take health supplements infuriates me. And, for the record, I am losing weight at the same rate I have every other time I've adjusted my lifestyle, but my "lazy pills" are helping regulate my bodies systems so that I do find myself putting on more muscle than before because my body isn't under the false belief that it is going to die. More importantly, aren't I the one to can lift more than you can, Miss "Help me with this pallet, please, it's heavy"? So why don't you climb off your I'm-Better-Than-Thou horse now before I decide to punch you in the face.

Laurie: I'm really sorry about your relationship. I'm sure that, in time, he'll figure out how to express to you what he's feeling. Congrats on adding another .4 lbs to your woosh, by the way. So exciting!

Diane: Isn't it nice when people notice? I can understand how the calorie thing can be tiring. I'm pretty sure I'm an odd duck, because I actually enjoy looking at the numbers. I like having an idea of what my carb-protein-fat ratio looks like and making sure that I'm eating enough calories. Maybe that's why I enjoy doing it so much? Because I'm not having to forgo something because I've already eaten a lot of calories... It's one of those things some people really just don't understand. I put on a lot of my weight in middle and high school not because I was eating too much and not because I was trying to starve myself, but because my depression was so bad I had no desire to get out of bed, let alone eat. I have to admit that I was incredibly reluctant to calorie count the first time I did it during my weight loss in 2009. Every time I've lost since, though, it's always been the first thing I fall back on because I understand my body better than anyone else and I know that I have a habit of not eating enough.

Uber: There are a lot of things that factor in to fluctuations. Not the least of which is stress! So does any exercising you're doing, the amount of water you're drinking and so many other factors. I wouldn't immediately tell yourself that you're not allowed to eat something you enjoy based on a temporary gain. Especially since you are aware that you're approaching a stall point. I don't even want to think about how I'm going to feel in another 20 lbs when I approach my stall point. You'll be okay, girl, you've got this. :D

FeraFilia 07-16-2014 10:00 PM

Hi everyone! I'm home!

Ugh. I'm not even going to look at the scale for a few days, because not only do I have the traveling/sodium mess to think about, TOM decided to show up and be like OH HEY, HEARD YOU'RE TRAVELING, CAN I COME?! And yeah, good times. Nothing like 8+ hours in a car with cramps that make you cry. JOY.

Anyway. We went out to the church last night, and they had pork barbecue, corn on the cob, cole slaw, a salad that was super yummy, and like 20390 desserts. For 10 people. They had a strawberry and cream dessert, a banana pudding cake thing, frosted cookies, lemon bars, etc etc. Plus my cookie truffles. SO glad I fasted most of the day, because church ladies get offended if you don't eat their food offerings at the potluck. So I sampled a little bit of all the desserts. Ate half of a pork sandwich, half of my corn on the cob, a BIG helping of the salad, and a little hash brown casserole. I think I did fairly well.

After an hour of eating and chatting I excused myself so they could do the interview with my husband (it's not appropriate for me to be present for that), so I wandered around outside the church for a bit. Took a couple pictures of the parsonage, just sat and listened to the sounds that are so different from the city sounds I'm used to. I heard a few cars, but mostly I heard birds, a rooster and some cattle in the distance. It was so peaceful and wonderful and I loved it. But it was already 7pm when I went outside, and then it started getting dark and I didn't want to meet a coyote. I sat under the security lights and played solitaire on a picnic table.

Until 10pm.

That's when my husband was finally allowed to come get me and bring me back inside (I think they lost track of the time, honestly), and while he was out there we calculated up the mileage they needed to reimburse him for traveling. He was outside all of 5 minutes, maybe.

So, we went back inside, and they mentioned a church council meeting on Sunday, and Curtis (my husband) said they hadn't mentioned anything about salary/compensation so I was a little hesitant to be excited. But then they were all "yeah, we don't need to wait for our meeting on Sunday, we didn't need to talk it over, we had a quick vote while you were outside and voted unanimously to move forward."

SO YAY! :carrot: :carrot:

They will have the compensation discussion later this week via skype and then settle on a weekend where we can go back and worship/visit with the congregation, and Curtis can preach, and the congregation can have the vote. Usually at this point the vote is just a formality and things will move forward.

So, I'm pretty excited and our trip was productive! :)

Guacamole and Lishar - hello and welcome! :)

Uber - don't stress the gain! (Should I chime in here with a late SHUT UP, UBER!??) if you've been eating low carb for the most part, and then eat carbs for a meal, it can cause you to retain water just like salt can. I've had a low sodium, carby day and seen a weird bump on the scale before, too. Just relax. :)

Diane, Laurie and Garnet - Congrats on your victories! Keep it up. :)

My brain is a bit fried, so I'm gonna go zone out with the TV for a little bit and then go to bed.

Good night!

martini 07-16-2014 11:40 PM

Mandy - Congratulations on the good news! It sounds like the trip went really, really well - for your husband's interview, for you staying on plan, for the church you were at. I'm so happy for you!

Jessica - Deep breaths. Lots and lots of deep breaths. :)

Uber - I'm very likely on the other side of the world from you and yet I can feel the anxiety from here! It sounds like you've got a lot going on in your personal and professional life and, when you mix in the heavy emotions that come with being at the bottom of your yo-yo zone, things start to get all tweaky.

I've got a doctor's appointment on Saturday and I think I'm going to use that time to step on the scale and see how I've done so far. I need some motivation at the moment and all my talk about rebuilding my relationship with food just isn't providing that oomph I need.

ubergirl 07-17-2014 12:16 AM

Mandy: Just popping in to say HOORAY!!! Such wonderful news!

LaurieDawn 07-17-2014 10:04 AM

Mandy - WOOT! Your victory trumps any scale and/or non-scale victory here. I'm so excited for you and your new life. And it sounds like you kept your food choices reasonable. You're well on your way to figuring out how to maintain, at least how I understand it. Maintainers I've seen on here often eat high-cal meals for special functions, but then are able to go right back to eating more normally.

Uber - Oof. Those are the worst! And, actually, the reason that I have resisted weighing daily. I have no words of wisdom, mainly cuz you know if all anyway. The hardest part of weight loss is the psychological part of it, and you're definitely being tested right now, but if you can endure this part of it, it's easy sailing. Right? =)

Martini - When I did my anti-scale thing (which was actually pretty successful), I focused on embracing the great things about regular exercise and calorie restriction. (I don't know if that's what you're doing, but I'm saying it for demonstrative purposes.) I loved being able to do more. I loved how, once I got into my plan, I was able to feel like I had more control of my food. But a good step on the scale can be highly motivational as well. =) Hope it goes well at the doctor.

Jessica - I very much dislike uninformed opinions. Who cares if you're taking supplements for weight loss or for depression or for help sleeping or whatever? So long as you have done the research and feel comfortable that they're safe, it's wonderful that you have found some things to help. I take a daily vitamin, fish oil, potassium, iron, vitamin C (because otherwise, my iron is too low to give blood), B12, biotin, fiber, and lysium. Taking care of our health in the best way we know how is not "lazy."

Diane - If we got paid for words, I would definitely have the fattest check. I am irresponsibly wordy. I am in the "honeymoon period" right now, where it all seems so easy and I don't understand why I would be the least bit attracted to the donuts in the conference room right now. But I so relate to those pockets of time when eating all the "good stuff" seems so much better than making ourselves crazy with the weight loss stuff. White knuckle days. I'm so sorry you're experiencing them, but you've gotten through them before, and you'll get through them now.

The scale continues to be kind to me. I'm down another .8 pounds from yesterday. Just accepting and embracing.

Things are thawing on the home front. I really don't think it's weight loss related drama (though the weight loss craziness has added to it), but more adjusting expectations of how this new blended family will work. For example, if it were my kids, I would not feed them at 11 p.m. because I don't think it's good to wake someone up, fill them full of fast food, and load them back into the car so they can fall asleep again.

Interestingly, he complimented me on the outfit I chose to wear to work today. When I'm gaining (which is what happens when I'm not actively losing), I wear very conservative clothing, partly because it's hard to care and partly because I am hiding my body. But when I'm losing, I tend to be more confident and adventurous, even though I know that nobody sees any difference between 239-pound me and 232-pound me. In that way, I think the weight loss will enhance the relationship. Just gotta be patient and let things shake out a bit.

SunnyMac 07-17-2014 11:07 AM

Hello All
I need to get better at being here every day at least for one check in! So much has happened! Welcome to everyone new - I'm looking forward to catching up and reading all of these posts when I have some time on my train ride home today. For now I'm going to skip the individual replies until I can get caught up and just share my update.

OMG I AM SOOOOOOO HUNGRY!!!!!!!! Thank you start of TOM and a cruel workout with my trainer this morning. I did try to add some 'more than usual' calories on to breakfast today knowing that I get like this at TOM but honestly.....doing no good. My stomach is just grumbling away over here at my desk screaming 'Feed Me Seymour" (for those of you new I work in entertainment...I can't help a good Broadway reference sometimes) So it's one of those kinds of days even though I'm having a great week. The scale is attempting to creep down however today being the start of TOM I'm not really looking to see any changes until Sunday/Monday. I was shocked I wasn't up 4-5 lbs of water this morning - so I'll take it. I've been really sticking to my 'healthy living' food plan. Thankfully I have a lull where I don't have any major work drama going on for a little while...no travel, no meetings, no parties, no lunches so I'm really using this time to dig in and focus. I've been having some pain in my hip so I'm working on that with my trainer along with everything else and just trucking on through.

On the homesteading front I picked up our first fresh chickens of the year this week and started our winter stock up (I buy fresh whole chickens from a local farm once a month through the summer and fall, quarter them myself and set aside 'meal size' portions in a deep freezer and then make my own stock for all winter). I've also got a lot of zucchini and squash coming in in my small garden that I have going for this year while I work on laying out the big one. I discovered we have a huge butternut tree in our yard too (white walnuts) so I'm now also harvesting and stealing nuts from the squirrels! I'm going to go off to the farm this weekend to self-pick hopefully about 15lbs of blueberries and start processing those and I'm hopeful that I'll be able to get another 10lbs or so from my parents...they live in Maine and pick them wild by the bucketful where they live. I know it sounds like a lot but I freeze a bunch and use them for things like baking or putting in oatmeal and I also plan on making a TON of jams and 'butters' and canning them to over winter and also to do for holiday gifts this year. Basically my goal as a part of losing weight and having a healthy lifestyle is really to cut as much of the grocery store out of my life as possible and get to a point where all of our meat is raised (humanely and happily) within 30 miles of our home and to grow and preserve as much as possible in the summers so we can eat local garden fresh all winter. Also in all honesty....It's cold here in New England in the winter...as a secondary perk of preserving our own food my goal is to also NOT have to grocery shop in the snow :) I know some of you asked for photos when I mentioned my garden last post - rest assured I am documenting everything I'm doing with the hopes of putting together a blog down the line so I will have plenty to share at some point once I get it all together. I think what I'm going to do is document now and make creating the blog a winter project. I'm hopeful that I'll have a nice example of lifestyle change and weightloss by the time winter rolls around!

Slashnl 07-17-2014 11:59 AM

Hi all! Somewhat exciting NSV for me today. I am wearing a pair of 18W pants that I haven't worn in a long time. They are not tight at all, in fact the butt area and legs feel rather loose. I think I might be able to go down to Misses size 18, but I'm not buying anything right now. When it gets into fall, I'll need to get a new pair of jeans and probably some new pants for work too. Hopefully, misses sizing will be perfect for me. I hope, I hope. So, still another couple of months to work on it. I went to Body Pump today and I made it through, but I felt off a little. I couldn't get into a rhythm at all. Oh well, it can't all be an amazing experience. :)

SunnyMac: Nice! That would be great having all of that fresh food and homemade jams. I'm so impressed! Someday I would like to do more gardening myself, but for now I go to the farmer's markets. Good for you!

LaurieDawn: That makes sense. Sometimes it is hard to blend established families, so I'm sure that you have a lot to work through. But I'm sure it will all be well worth it!

Mandy: Wow! What a great trip! I'm so glad that it is all working out for you. What an exciting time! I think you did well with your food choices. Such a good thing that we don't have to go to potlucks every day!

Garnet: Yeah, you are justified in feeling put off by what she said. I really don't understand why people are so judgmental on that stuff anyway. Even if someone was taking the supplements for weight loss, who cares?? That's their choice! I find it similar to any kind of exercise or diet. What works for one person doesn't always work for others. But you will see so many people defend their choice with such great passion and yet, such great intolerance for other choices. Don't get it.

Uber: I'm so sorry for the stresses you are having right now. Having the scale be uncooperative is not helpful at all. But, keep pushing forward! Don't give yourself the option of giving in. I know it is hard, but I also know you can do it!

ubergirl 07-17-2014 12:15 PM

Good morning everyone (at least here in PST)

Martini Good luck with the weigh in at the MD!

Laurie Too funny about dressing better after a small loss! It's so true, and just shows how much of how we look is actually just about how we feel!

Diane I know exactly what you mean about just getting tired of the whole thing! I can't decide if this mindset is the thing that will bring me down, or actually a pathway to an even better way of looking at things. I keep fantasizing that MAYBE I could just for once and for all stop doing the stuff that made me hit almost 300lbs, permanently eat in a reasonable manner, stop obsessing, and find my "natural weight" Well, not yet. But maybe some day.

Jessica Only you know what's best for you! I don't know why some people just want to insist on their opinions, but the best thing to do is just tune them out. Honestly, when people post stuff that irritates me on FB, I just hide their posts. Life is too short.

Sunny Total awesomeness about your garden! We have one and we are absolutely inundated with tomatoes right now, which is so great because I can literally live on fresh tomatoes and they are so diet-healthy!

Thank you all for the SHUT UP UBERs! So, I'm still up .8 from my low weight, but I dined out at a Japanese restaurant last night, meaning more sodium. Had black cod with tiger shrimp-- delicious, and calorie friendly.

I just keep thinking that if I don't give up eventually I'll lose weight-- no matter what.

A question about food logs: I've been using fitday for years-- I've got weights and calories going back to 2009. But fit day is terrible-- they have the worst food list ever. I tried my fitness pal the other day-- and it is way more user friendly. So, trying to decide if I should actually switch.... fit day has the advantage of having ALL of my previous weights and a long list of "custom foods" that I've added. But MFP is easier and seems to have a much better and more realistic database. Opinions?