Old 08-08-2014, 09:15 PM   #376  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Jessica and Mandy congrats on the loss that is awesome!!!!!!

Nora what part in Oregon? I'm in Salem love this state! I love Washington too though!
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:26 PM   #377  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Whew, all packed and now hubby is washing the van...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjenangel027 View Post
Nora what part in Oregon? I'm in Salem love this state! I love Washington too though!
Salem! I have a sister who lives out in Macleay - off of Hwy 22 and we'll be there. I have 2 sisters in Salem area actually, they other one lives east of Keizer. We're going to church camp for a few days and then we'll hit the beach and also do some back to school (tax-free) shopping.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:44 PM   #378  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori71 View Post
Whew, all packed and now hubby is washing the van...
Salem! I have a sister who lives out in Macleay - off of Hwy 22 and we'll be there. I have 2 sisters in Salem area actually, they other one lives east of Keizer. We're going to church camp for a few days and then we'll hit the beach and also do some back to school (tax-free) shopping.
Awesome I'm in west Salem!!! I went to high school in keizer small world have fun!
Old 08-09-2014, 02:11 AM   #379  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I have an aunt and uncle in west Salem I think...across the bridge? They live on orchard heights rd.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 10:12 AM   #380  

Yep that's west Salem! Crazy!
Old 08-09-2014, 11:51 AM   #381  

Height: 5'5"

Martini - Been thinking about you! Glad to see you back!

I, too, am going to skip personals today. Busy weekend.

I am doing an accountability post, though. I saw 220.8 this morning on the scale. Up from yesterday by 0.2. Then, I proceeded to eat some raspberries and blueberries this morning. I seldom eat breakfast any more, but I am not restricting it, so I was good with it. Then, I saw the left-over fried shrimp and pizza rolls and chicken strips in the fridge. I didn't eat them then, but I did come back for them later. One partial chicken strip. Three shrimp. A pizza roll. (Okay -- the totality of the leftovers! Except for some chicken strips, but they were not good.) Then, I remembered the ice cream bar in the freezer, and I ate half of it before I threw it out. And you know what? I'm STARVING and thinking about all of the other things I want to eat. I even did a desperate search of cupboards and freezer looking for food to eat and started plotting fast food or convenience food stops.

After all this time, even small blips in the scale can throw me off. Add that to my rubber floor number of 220, my recent white-knuckle day, and a general fear that either 1) I can't do this or 2) It won't make any difference if I do, and today could be a turning point, one way or the other.

I will make it a turning point. I am still in control. I made some bad choices this morning. But I know that working out will often turn around my desire to eat the house. So, I will post this, then go to the gym. If I need to do two work-outs today, I will. After the gym, I will eat 8 egg whites, and then STOP and leave my house again to go work for a few hours. If I am still feeling excessively munchy, I will go for a walk.

This is super hard. Sometimes. And today is one of those days. But I can still make this a reasonable-calorie day. Then, tomorrow will be another good day. Stupid 220, you will not conquer me!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 12:53 PM   #382  

Laura you can do this!!!!! Our bodies get used to exersize routines and is same with eating....breakfast is important for metabolism remember you have lost good numbers body may just need to catch up!!!
Old 08-09-2014, 01:05 PM   #383  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Hey y'all!

I'm down another .6 to 295.6 today... making it 5.2 since I weighed on Tuesday, when I got back from my trip. 5 pounds, in 5 days. Huzzah water weight disappearing!

I get to spend my day playing referee! Pixie is *not* happy that her sister is home, and hisses if Brownie wanders within 6 feet of her. This usually goes away within a day or two, so hopefully they'll get it together by the time hubby and I need to leave in a week.

Good news though - no more bladder infection! After nearly 8 months, 2 surgeries, several different medications, and prescription food... her bladder is finally clear! I guess that expensive food is doing what it needs to do.

Hope you all are having a great weekend so far!

Edit to add: I thought I'd share my weight graph over the last 3 months. Pink dots are weights I've recorded, blue dots are what they've guessed. Where there are several blue dots in a row, and then a bump up, that's usually when I've been traveling with my husband for this call process. The line above the trend line shows my weight 4 weeks ago, so I can see if the changes coincide with my cycle.

Last edited by FeraFilia; 08-09-2014 at 01:19 PM.
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 03:54 PM   #384  
Jessica, Becoming Me

S/C/G: 260 / 199 / 150

Height: 5' 6" | MG: 185

Martini: am so happy for you and so proud of you. To be able to travel and remind yourself that just because you're able to eat what you want doesn't mean you need to go overboard is such a huge accomplishment!

Laurie: I can completely relate to that. I had a little bit of a temptation at work last night with cake and tacos. I allowed myself to have some veggies and taco meat, but I forewent the cake. I'm really glad I did because I know how rich that cake can be and honestly, I didn't want any but there was still a part of my mind that did. I dumped my blueberries into my blueberry greek yogurt and was so much happier than that chocolate cake would have made me.

Go on with your bad self. Get in your workout(s), maybe a walk, and keep reminding yourself that as long as you are determined and self-aware, you can and will continue to succeed.

Mandy: So happy that the furry's bladder infection is cleared up. That's such a good thing. By the way, loving their names. It's awesome to see how quickly the water weight gain has fallen back in line with where it should be, congrats on that.

Saw 220.6 lbs and 220.4 lbs again today. No 219.8 lbs, but I only stepped on and off twice. I figured with how close the first two numbers were that I can be pretty confident that's what it really is. Still happy and content with it. Last night was a much calmer night for me in general and especially at work. I'm so happy that I was back to being my happy self. Got today and tomorrow of work and today is a run day. I can't wait to see if I can make even more progress than Thursday. I'm not going to force it today, I need to listen very very carefully to my body given the work it is going through because of it being tom.

Also, inspired by Mandy to share my own weight graph.

garnetrising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 04:03 PM   #385  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Isn't that site handy? I love it!

Great tool to see that even if there's a little bit of an up, it's not going to throw you off in the long run, as long as you stay below the line.
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 05:22 PM   #386  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everybody!

Still on vacation here.Went for a 4-mile hilly walk yesterday in my new shoes. I was pretty excited that I could notice that I wasn't getting tired that quickly. The 28 lb loss makes a difference.

Also, i finally saw the scale move downward-- to 258.2. I moved my ticker to 258 two weeks ago after seeing 258.6 for two days, but after that I saw mostly 260 for a week, then mostly 259 for a week, so I think I shouldn't have moved the ticker so early. I'm frustrated that I hit a stall so early in my journey, and I'm kind of sad to see that I'm losing EVEN SLOWER than I lost back in 2010 when I lost the weight the first time around. Sadly, the difference between 49 and 53 seems to make a big metabolism difference.

Martini Really glad to hear that you are doing well while traveling-- traveling alone is always a trigger for me to eat a lot of junk.

Nora I also fretted about buying new clothes for vacation in size 22. In the end, I decided not to buy anything. Hope you enjoy your trip.

Laurie Hang in there! Just because you are feeling bingey doesn't mean you have to give into it. I know what you mean about small scale blips and rubber bounce weights. That's just how I am too. Stay strong! You can do this!

Jessica and Mandy Thanks for sharing your weight graphs! Love the downward trends.

Jen LOL. Sometimes I worry that I'm going to write TOO much. I'm a writer and I can type super fast! I can imagine that with 6 kids you don't have a lot of free time!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:51 PM   #387  

Uber...way to go on the movement especially on vacation!
Old 08-10-2014, 10:46 AM   #388  

Made my first mini goal 5% lost 238.5!!!!
Old 08-10-2014, 02:47 PM   #389  

Height: 5'5"

Jen - Yay! for hitting your first mini-goal. That's such a huge progress marker. BTW - Shaking the "you have to eat all the time starting with first thing in the morning if you want to boost your metabolism" myth was incredibly important to me finding a way of eating that works for me. (At least, it works most of the time.) =)

Uber - Look at you and your fit vacation self! It is amazing what a difference those 28 pounds make. When I'm lifting weights, and I do a set with even just 10-pound weights, it's such a relief to put them down. To not have to carry that around with you is a pretty huge accomplishment.

And I feel like you and I are so similar in the head games we endure. I also have SO much respect for your patience. In my first month of really being on plan, I have seen pretty consistently good scale movement, and I still can't get out of my head about it. But you spent too weeks hovering around the dreaded 260, and you are still on board and watching your commitment pay off.

Martini - I always love the way this group seems to understand and characterize common feelings for me with your words. I have spent a lot of time thinking about Fatland and the Weight Loss Express. And now the eateateat headspace. That's EXACTLY what it was!

I also am the worst about rolling with the "not really hungry or wanting to eat" feeling too. It would seem that I could just appreciate the blessing and move on, but I then start to question everything. It's the worst. I feel like I need a hobby. =)

Mandy - I had a dream about you last night! Super weird. Not weight-related. You came to my office to sign documents, and you were a pain in the butt. Like I said - odd dream. Maybe it's because you tell me what I need to hear sometimes, and it can be hard advice for me to take. But you never do so in anything other than a kind and gracious way. Who knows? I don't put much stock in dream interpretation, but you have seeped into my subconscious!

Nora - The decision as to whether or not to buy clothes in a current size is the worst! I got a graduation gift two years ago that I still carry around because I refuse to buy clothes in that expensive store at the weight I am now. And definitely not at transition weights either. If it weren't for thrift stores, I would probably walk around naked.

Jessica - My weight/life circumstances almost-twin! And it's almost creepy-weird that our TOMs coincide as well, though I am happy to be done for the month with mine. I can't wait to hear if you unlock new achievements on your run today. And for both of us to put the 22_ numbers behind us. On to the 2-teens soon!

THANK YOU everyone for helping me get through yesterday. If I hadn't posted here, I don't know what would have happened. After I posted here, I got in my work-out clothes, then went to the cupboard to grab stuff to eat post-work-out, and noticed the snack cakes. If I had seen those pre-post, I literally might have eaten the entire box. But since I was dressed to work out, and all I needed to do was walk out the door, I took a deep breath, left, hit the gym HARD, and had just a regular kinda-munchy, but not miserably munchy, day. Still didn't break through the rubber 220 floor, but did hit on it exactly. =) And those snack cakes maintain their presence in the cupboard, completely unmolested.

220.0 this morning. If I get 219.8 tomorrow, I will have met my Trainer Boy challenge exactly a month after making it! And then I will just have to maintain until we actually meet. But, of course, why would I want to just maintain when I could add some cushion and really get his attention? =)

Last edited by LaurieDawn; 08-10-2014 at 02:49 PM.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 04:03 PM   #390  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all! Didn't make it on here yesterday, but had a busy day. I went to the gym in the morning and ran/walked. I'm trying to build up to more time running, but I'm not sure how to keep track or what the best way is. I usually warm up with walking for a while, and then run as much as I can, only about 2 minutes, the first time. Then, I walk, then run again, usually a minute, then walk... I'm not sure that is the best way to build up to running more consistently, but that's what I'm doing now. After that, I went to BodyFlow. That is still tough, but I felt good about being there.

Not doing workouts today, since I'm sure a rest day is good.

Hope the rest of your weekends are good!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote