Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 08:14 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

I also don't think I'm going to hit the 80s by Thursday. I am down from yesterday's up. -0.9 to 193.4 today. I also cancelled lunch with a friend today and brought my own food. Leaving work early today as well because Peanut is getting needles, so at least I'll have time to make dinner this evening.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:25 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/170

Rennie--Thanks for the pep talk and the offer to come in more to say hi. I always love seeing you here because you bring a sparkle and shine to the place! But I can also wait for you on the weekends when your schedule allows. I won't give up (at least that's not in the plans!). My mantra to myself is that I just have to keep trying and even if it comes off super slow, it's better than gaining or not coming off at all. Though I'd love to take off the next 50 lbs this winter, if it's not till summer, that's fine too. And yes, I have been doing some Just for Today stuff with myself usually about once a week to refocus on some aspect.

I bet you hit 155 soon, even if not on Thursday. Congrats for being soooo close to the lowest you can remember!

Kukkie--good job bringing your own food and not going out. Peanut getting needles? Just regular shots, or something else? I hope all is okay.

Last edited by Sarah2468; 07-30-2014 at 09:27 AM.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:53 AM   #138  

Sarah - just regular 18 month needles that he was supposed to get a couple weeks ago. But schedules and then him being sick led to a delay. But want to make sure he has them before we go on vacation at the end of August.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:18 PM   #139  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Some of the girls at my church knitting group were talking about yoga classes held at the church, so I tried some yoga dvd workouts today. I'm not the biggest fan of yoga, I tend to get bored holding poses for more than a few seconds, but once I get started I enjoy the challenge of remaining upright and seeing if I can improve my poses each time.

My dad's back problem is apparently congenital, added to that my Mom had a similar surgery when she was about my age, so all this is another reason to get back to exercise.

Hubby bought a used motor for our car. He's bringing it home today, then we get to change the motor out, which should take a few days. Good times. At least the weather has cooled off for a few days. This car is his daily driver, but also the car that we tow behind the camper so no 'fun' until its fixed
Old 07-30-2014, 09:48 PM   #140  

S/C/G: HW:276 Restart 242.6/148.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone, weight today 173.8.

akelly - Happy belated Birthday!!

Rennie - Glad to see your update and that you are back down and on track

Penguin - Yay for the loss, sometimes our bodies surprise us in a nice way!

Sarah - Hang in there, you can do this. Just look at what you have already lost, and even though it may not be as much as you want, it is progress, and you should be proud of that.

As for me, no damage done from the supermarket fall, except to my pride(there were no signs posted, btw).
My weight has been in a holding pattern, so I am hoping for a decent drop soon - seems to a pattern with me. I haven't been drinking enough water lately either, for some reason, so am being more vigilant with that today.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:50 PM   #141  
Alicia :)

Height: 5'2"

What a busy week on here, you ladies are killing it! Thanks for all the birthday wishes Means a lot for sure!

Kukkie, I hear ya on the lunches. I used to be the same way - now I make it a point to just eat in when people get up and head out to 4 different places, all yummy and full of carbs. My hotel is like 5 mins away so if I find myself having to get out, I head to the hotel and have my healthy lunch. Proud of you!

patchwork, ouch! Sounds like a painful process; hoping things go smoothly and recovery is "simple" and quick for his sake (and yours)!! Good luck with the car and yoga. I used to have a 2002 Mustang GT and my ex boyfriend would tinker with it..I always felt like it was more broken after he "got done working on it". Sounds like if your hubby is doing a full motor swap, he obviously has a clue so should be done soon!

Sarah, my London trip was June sooo I didn't hit my goal AND I haven't spent the time to update the signature, lol. Not a good look for me It was a great trip; was not at my ideal weight but can't stop enjoying life just because my mouth, brain and belly can't get their act together at the same time

Rennie, sending a whoosh vibe your way girl. You deserve it for all the hard work you've put in to drop from mid 60's to 50's lately. Killing it!! Just joined the Aug thread Well, set my placeholder.

jude, just saw you posted - glad there is no external or internal damage! I know about the pride thing. At work I was rolling forwards in the chair trying to scoot over to a coworker (not very far away) and the carpet was weird so the chair did not roll smoothly and before I even realized it, the chair was tipping forward b/c the wheel was stuck on the carpet and my body did not stop moving...so tipsy turny down I went. Was not a cute or graceful tumble. Just an awkward "how did you do that" moment. Cute coworker STILL gives me heck on that.

Last edited by akelly728; 07-30-2014 at 09:52 PM.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:47 PM   #142  

We got the engine. We moved it off the truck bed and onto the driveway. Hubby realized he would need to order a few things online for it. Its a 1980 car/engine and most local stores don't carry parts for cars that old.

Kelly, this will be the second engine swap that Hubby and I have done together but I'm hoping I will be more of a cheerleader role and less mechanic. He put himself though aircraft mechanic school by working as a car mechanic in his 20's. What is it about guys and car tinkering anyway?

Jude, the body surprise I'm used to is 'you've been on plan for weeks but I still gained 5 lbs!" HA
Old 07-31-2014, 08:22 AM   #143  

Boo, ending my month with a gain. Up to 195.5 this morning. I've been eating these 90 calorie Fibre 1 brownies lately. They're sooo good, I get my afternoon chocolate fix and an extra dose of fibre, which is great. Except when I don't keep up with my water intake. Sigh. August will be better.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:00 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I've been MIA due to VBS this week! It is going great though and we are having lots of fun.

177.8 this morning (lots of dancing with the kids in addition to my 5 mile walks and the plank challenge
Old 07-31-2014, 01:24 PM   #145  

S/C/G: HW:276 Restart 242.6/148.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Ending the month at 173.8 - Down 9 lbs. for the month, but have been at a stall for the last week.

Kukkie - I agree, August will be better
Old 07-31-2014, 05:11 PM   #146  

I did 30min of cardio and hope to add-on a short yoga workout this evening.

This is TOM week so I've gained but I'm not counting it.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 07-31-2014 at 05:12 PM.
Closed Thread