3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Let's Sparkle and Shine - July 2014 Daily Check-In & Accountability Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/297371-lets-sparkle-shine-july-2014-daily-check-accountability-thread.html)

akelly728 07-01-2014 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by love2b150 (Post 5033772)
Thanks akelly :) I'm glad to have someone else do it with me since he's 16 he can easily say I'm done and be done. And I don't want to quit because he did and it's no fun alone :)

Well, let's do it! You can do it, and so can I :) We both are very familiar with the roller coaster ride...let's do like we did back in January! We killed it that month!

love2b150 07-02-2014 12:21 AM

LOL if we pull off another January oh my goodness, I won't know what to do with myself :) ok let's do it :high:

FeraFilia 07-02-2014 12:43 AM

Hi y'all! :wave:

My July started out with a weigh in of 307.4.

I'm thinking I'll be OUT of the 300s by the end of the month. :D

Good luck to everyone this month, and I'll be sure to pop in and check on everyone's progress (and update with my own.)

Kukkie84 07-02-2014 08:20 AM

Good morning all. Back at work after a strange mid-week holiday. Weighed in yesterday at 194.1, some extra water weight hanging on after TOM I think. And then hubby and I tried a new pizza place - we've been wanting to find more of a mom and pop type place rather than the franchises that are popping up everywhere. And pizza is my favourite thing to eat, so I need to find a way to balance it and not overeat while I'm trying to lose weight, because not eating it just wasn't working for me. That said it was incredible! Sooo good and worth every bite, but I totally made up for it with a low cal dinner last night. The result, back down to 192.3 this morning. Not bad for holiday eating.

This month we have minimal no weddings, hallelujah. We had one this weekend, but we're no longer going because we had a death in the extended family on Monday. My father in law's aunt passed away overseas, but the way our culture works, you don't go to any celebratory type events for a certain amount of time afterwards, kind of like a "mourning period". Anyway, I'm off track, point being that no wedding for us this weekend, no need to worry about heavy food again. I can keep my mind focused for this month. Which is good. I will make it into the 80s this month. Rennie and aKelly, I'm going to join your 10 lbs challenge this month. I need something to work towards. Let's do it!

Sarah2468 07-02-2014 09:26 AM

Renne and akellyCount me in too, though I will definitely take the full 2 months with Rennie. Sept 1, 15 lbs. It means I will have to get a handle on the food part of this, not just the exercise. Committing now will help me remember over this holiday weekend to not over do it!

jollyjude 07-02-2014 09:35 AM

Weight today 181.4 - I would love to be down 12 more pounds by the end of the month, as I have a wedding to go to the beginning of August. I have lost just over 60 lbs. since beginning of March, so I am thinking this is doable.

Holiday yesterday, but no overeating - haha I had to work!! Sometimes shift work comes in as a useful tool. Will be down in Portland for the 4th though, so hope I can stay on track.

love2b150 07-02-2014 09:46 AM

Mandy good job, way to go :high:

Kukkie sorry for your loss :hug: Great come back from the pizza :high: You know what I have started to do since I too really love pizza. When the kids have it I will eat a slice, then I make my own crustless pizza on a plate (learned it from Rissa) my silly goose decided one day she wanted melted cheese on a plate with some pepperoni and voila, I did think "silly kid" at first then I tried a piece, not bad and mostly protein, of course I had to add my peppers and onion ;). Just a thought, but I have also ate a full slice out and then just the topping off of a nice size slice :D, Big glass of water and I am full :) Oh we have extended it so it's only 7.5 for the month ;) and then 7.5 for next month :) makes it seem a little better, I guess :D

akelly, Kukkie and Sarah LET'S DO THIS :high:

Sarah, I'm just the opposite I need to get back to the gym. I do so much better when I get more movement in. I really need to work on toning for sure :)

Jude, wow that's great ... you are a weight loss machine. :high: I think it's doable for you also :)

Our friend Olivia is like that also, she loses steady. I'll be glad when she comes back to check in. :)

Well I'm done .4 to 159 even. I want this to be slow and steady because the whooshes aren't lasting like they use to. So a few points off each day definitely work for me :)

Hope you all have a great day.

Sarah2468 07-03-2014 07:58 AM

Rennie Are you worrying about the hurricane that's coming your way? Will it be any where near you? I didn't put it together when you said you might not be able to do an amusement park with your kids on the 4th because of weather.
JollyJude Wow, that's an amazing loss since March. Congrats!

Today begins the 4th festivities. We have a party to go to tonight where pizza will be served. I am committing to ONE piece now and salad if they have it (I hope!) and no dessert. I'll eat a late lunch and if I'm hungry when we get home, I'll have something nutritious from my refrigerator full of vegetables!

Kukkie84 07-03-2014 08:54 AM

Morning everyone. I'm up 0.5 to 192.8. Didn't have nearly enough water yesterday. Planned to go to the gym but then I felt really dizzy, so hubby told me to lie down instead. Sigh. Need to get moving. It's been too long.

love2b150 07-03-2014 09:49 AM

Sarah, the weather report had said we may have a bad storm Friday so yep that was my worry. I haven't checked the weather/news so I don't know what's happening weather wise. I think I may just take them some place close and allow them to have fun and then go to my daughters for fireworks. It will be a lot cheaper with 4 children :) Two don't like rides and two do so it would be a waste unless the two that do went with my daughter and her husband. I don't ride anything either. We all love go cart racing though :) I just ate two slices of pizza for breakfast, I sliced it so that I only have a thin crust. My son said good idea :) It was interesting to see just how much bread was left after I did that (the kids had pizza last night after church) way too late for me to be eating so I made it breakfast :) now I've gotta walk it off ;) Enjoy your day :)

Kukkie I only drank 28oz of water yesterday. That hasn't happened in forever. Sorry about the dizziness. I had a bad headache last night and my size started to hurt. Not sure if that had anything to do with water or not. But me and my competitive Big Boy are going to walk the Duke University wall so I should definitely burn some great calories and I will definitely get my water in :) Hope you do to.

Well I am down to 158.2 but I didn't eat a lot yesterday or drink enough water so that may be just a fluke.

Hope everyone has a great day.

jollyjude 07-03-2014 05:43 PM

Down to .6 to 180.8 today.

I drink soooo much water, usually a minimum of 100 oz. a day. Fills me up, and makes me feel so much better.

Kukkie, If you are having hot weather, could too little water be causing your dizziness? Hope it is something simple like that.

love2b150 07-03-2014 10:58 PM

Jude good job on the .6 down, new decade here you come :high:

Sarah2468 07-04-2014 06:53 AM

Jude Congrats on the loss!
Kukkie I hope you're feeling better today.
RennieWhatever you choose to do with your family, I hope you have a great time.
I made it through the party last night with 2 small pieces of pizza and salad for dinner. I was happy with that choice. Then, before then evening was over someone brought out chips and salsa and I ate some of that and wished I hadn't. But all in all, not bad considering all the food I COULD have eaten. I completely skipped dessert. :)
Today we have an all day event...lunch and dinner. I think I'll be fine for the meals, it's the bowls of chips and pretzels that hang out on the table in between that get me!

Kukkie84 07-04-2014 08:04 AM

Happy 4th of July to all our American friends!!!! Wishing you all an OP day as you celebrate with family and friends.

I'm up 0.6 to 193.4 today. I think it could just be water retention, because I FINALLY made it to the gym last night for the first time in over six months (maybe more?). Had a great workout, was tired before I went, contemplated not going especially since my little monkey threw up right before bedtime and then wouldn't go to sleep on his own, but once I got him settled I said to myself if you keep making excuses, you'll never move forward. So I went. Yay me! :carrot: Anyway, I have lunch and snacks with me at work. Need to continue to work on the water - somehow not able to drink nearly as much as I used to before the baby.

love2b150 07-04-2014 09:09 AM

Happy 4th :)

Thanks Sarah :) Good job on your food selection yesterday :high: Enjoy your day :)

Yay Kukkie on making it to the gym :high: Hope Peanut is ok :hug: Food is in check today so you're good :) I remember when you and I had an issue with water before. You'll get there, just takes some time :) Have a great day :)

new low today 157.2 if I'm good all day. I should have a nice weigh in Monday for the challenge. My son is already tooting his own horn on beating me but what ever ;)